ADVERTISEMENT

Trump 2024

Thats silly as the house repubs have very little ability to pass any bills into law the next 2 years. They need to do what they can do though and throw some stuff up there and make the senate knock it down and they need to give China Joe a continuous proctal exam.
Why are you not listening? 73% of Americans don't approve of what Congressional Republicans are doing and that was also reflected at the polls in purple states. You believe catering to the 27% is good for the MAGA party? America is telling you something loud and clear, but guaranteed you'll still cry fraud when we tell you again in 2024.

Reactions: nytigerfan
Why are you not listening? 73% of Americans don't approve of what Congressional Republicans are doing and that was also reflected at the polls in purple states. You believe catering to the 27% is good for the MAGA party? America is telling you something loud and clear, but guaranteed you'll still cry fraud when we tell you again in 2024.

Don't forget, @TigerGrowls believes that 65% of the country are maga and worship trump like he does.

What percentage of Americans approve of what Trump has been put through for over 6 years bro? Come on man! Republicans are going to give it a great effort to ream the dirty dems and I am going to enjoy it. Dont worry as you will either not believe anything they find or call it a nothing burger.

What percentage of Americans approve of what Trump has been put through for over 6 years bro? Come on man! Republicans are going to give it a great effort to ream the dirty dems and I am going to enjoy it. Dont worry as you will either not believe anything they find or call it a nothing burger.
Most Americans hate Trump and think he deserved everything he got. They do not believe both sides are the same and trying to torture those that held him accountable is nothing more than ill-advised revenge politics.

Hell, Republicans don't want him either.

"Press them hard enough, and most Republican officials—even the ones with MAGA hats in their closets and Mar-a-Lago selfies in their Twitter avatar—will privately admit that Donald Trump has become a problem. He’s presided over three abysmal election cycles since he took office, he is more unstable than ever, and yet he returned to the campaign trail this past weekend, declaring that he is “angry” and determined to win the GOP presidential nomination again in 2024. Aside from his most blinkered loyalists, virtually everyone in the party agrees: It’s time to move on from Trump.

But ask them how they plan to do that, and the discussion quickly veers into the realm of hopeful hypotheticals. Maybe he’ll get indicted and his legal problems will overwhelm him. Maybe he’ll flame out early in the primaries, or just get bored with politics and wander away. Maybe the situation will resolve itself naturally: He’s old, after all—how many years can he have left?"

Trump’s 2024 bid gets harsh reaction among Hill Republicans​

Last edited:
Reactions: clemsontiger02
Most Americans hate Trump and think he deserved everything he got. They do not believe both sides are the same and trying to torture those that held him accountable is nothing more than ill-advised revenge politics.

"Press them hard enough, and most Republican officials—even the ones with MAGA hats in their closets and Mar-a-Lago selfies in their Twitter avatar—will privately admit that Donald Trump has become a problem. He’s presided over three abysmal election cycles since he took office, he is more unstable than ever, and yet he returned to the campaign trail this past weekend, declaring that he is “angry” and determined to win the GOP presidential nomination again in 2024. Aside from his most blinkered loyalists, virtually everyone in the party agrees: It’s time to move on from Trump.

But ask them how they plan to do that, and the discussion quickly veers into the realm of hopeful hypotheticals. Maybe he’ll get indicted and his legal problems will overwhelm him. Maybe he’ll flame out early in the primaries, or just get bored with politics and wander away. Maybe the situation will resolve itself naturally: He’s old, after all—how many years can he have left?"

[URL I hope it's pretty much-harsh-reaction-capitol-hill-republicans/index.html[/URL]

Read this yesterday, and it's fascinating. Trump is not going away, despite a whole bunch of wishful thinking by many.

"Hope is not a strategy" has long been one of my favorite phrases in the professional world.

Read this yesterday, and it's fascinating. Trump is not going away, despite a whole bunch of wishful thinking by many.

"Hope is not a strategy" has long been one of my favorite phrases in the professional world.
I was listening to a station on Sirius yesterday and they anonymously quoted a Republican who said he hoped he would die. Bold stategy.😏

I see some good and some bad. My company is doing great. Just offered a guy today in fact and I don’t keep a big team.

I’m in health tech though and the sector is struggling. Every day companies are doing major layoffs. You hear about big tech, but tons of smaller companies in various fields are in the same boat.

We’re VC funded and capital markets have tightened dramatically. Companies that were turning away funding a year ago are now panicking about runway. This will have an impact both on job losses and sluggish gross job growth throughout 2023.

And consumer spending and demand is waning. That will begin to impact jobs. Eggs are $9 or whatever. People will probably cut back on restaurants.

I don’t know what will happen. Most experts seem to suggest that we hit a recessionary period this year and see a rise in unemployment. Several I have read also suggest that we will end the year on an upswing.

But back to the BLS data. The only accurate numbers we have are good job growth in Q1 and then a massive inversion to job losses in Q2. Did that inversion persist? Did it rebound and did we actually add 3.2 million+ jobs in the second half of the year? Because that’s the number we would need to see for your post to be accurate.

@dpic73 Just a snippet from my daily Stocktwits report. Layoffs abound.

FedEx rallied 4% on the news that it’s expanding cost-cutting measures by laying off more than 10% of its officer and director team. Joining the club was Rivian, which cut 6% of its workforce, and DraftKings, which cut 140 jobs. Intel is taking another approach to reducing expenses after a disastrous quarter, reducing the compensation of its management teams between 5% and 15%. ✂️

Reactions: Willence

FedEx rallied 4% on the news that it’s expanding cost-cutting measures by laying off more than 10% of its officer and director team. Joining the club was Rivian, which cut 6% of its workforce, and DraftKings, which cut 140 jobs. Intel is taking another approach to reducing expenses after a disastrous quarter, reducing the compensation of its management teams between 5% and 15%. ✂️

A lot of people here and in Washington that could stand to read this.

I don't know how else to say it, but this is exactly what we needed to happen. It's harsh for those that got the ax, I get it, but the Fed's goal was to bring down inflation. To bring down inflation, you have to suppress consumer demand, when demand goes down, people lose jobs.

You know this

I don't know how else to say it, but this is exactly what we needed to happen. It's harsh for those that got the ax, I get it, but the Fed's goal was to bring down inflation. To bring down inflation, you have to suppress consumer demand, when demand goes down, people lose jobs.

You know this

Only this quite possibly didn't have to happen in the first place. We could have handled all this so much better.

Reactions: TigerGrowls

You know this

Of course. But you were patting Joey Jobs on the back with misleading stats. That’s the point. You know your 375k per month job figure was BS. For once, TigerGrowls was right when he said that the revised jobs numbers were more important than what you posted.

You don’t really believe that 4.5M net new jobs were added in 2022, right?

Reactions: Willence
Of course. But you were patting Joey Jobs on the back with misleading stats. That’s the point. You know your 375k per month job figure was BS. For once, TigerGrowls was right when he said that the revised jobs numbers were more important than what you posted.

??? What the **** man, yes I know better than the Bureau of Labor Statistics - you know the people that are responsible for compiling these statistics - I'm smarter than they are by a mile but I wanted to go with their stats even though I know they're wrong so I could own you. Holy shit man

How can I already be wrong when we haven't seen the adjusted numbers? SMFH

??? What the **** man, yes I know better than the Bureau of Labor Statistics - you know the people that are responsible for compiling these statistics - I'm smarter than they are by a mile but I wanted to go with their stats even though I know they're wrong so I could own you. Holy shit man

How can I already be wrong when we haven't seen the adjusted numbers? SMFH

Chill pal. You’ve seen the adjusted numbers for Q1-Q2. We know for a fact there was a 1.7M+ trend reversal and loss of jobs in Q2.

Apply some logic here. Do you think we added 3.2M+ net new jobs in Q3-Q4 2022?

Leave the emotion out of your reply.

Then run for office since you know how to do everything better than everybody else.

The government should not be controlling any aspect of our economy. Nor should the Fed in the way that it does now. It's not that I know how to do things better than everybody else but rather that I know that there is no one who can do the things that we are trying to ask them to do. Human ingenuity is by far and away the best prescription for the problems that we have. Certainly not bureaucratic control of our lives the way that we've experienced with all this insanity related to our economy and our budgets and our deficits. It's mania!

Perhaps you should show everyone the "real" numbers to prove him wrong. Who revised the numbers to suit their fancy.

Reactions: dpic73
Chill pal. You’ve seen the adjusted numbers for Q1-Q2. We know for a fact there was a 1.7M+ trend reversal and loss of jobs in Q2.

Apply some logic here. Do you think we added 3.2M+ net new jobs in Q3-Q4 2022?

Leave the emotion out of your reply.
Unlike you, I don't make up numbers based on a small sample to come to my conclusions. All I can do is go by the numbers that are being put out. You failed to mention that third quarter growth was better than expected and we just got a surprisingly good report on the 4th quarter. Bottom line, you know no more than I do.

Perhaps you should show everyone the "real" numbers to prove him wrong. Who revised the numbers to suit their fancy.

Uh, the same BLS numbers that I posted above and he’s using. They post real time data and then go back and revise once they have more info. My Q1-Q2 numbers are the revised figures, are more accurate, and even @dpic73 won’t dispute that.

Unlike you, I don't make up numbers based on a small sample to come to my conclusions. All I can do is go by the numbers that are being put out. You failed to mention that third quarter growth was better than expected and we just got a surprisingly good report on the 4th quarter. Bottom line, you know no more than I do.

What numbers did I make up? I posted facts from BLS. Let’s see if we actually added 3.2+ million net new jobs in Q3-Q4 as you claim. Would be great if we did.

What numbers did I make up? I posted facts from BLS. Let’s see if we actually added 3.2+ million net new jobs in Q3-Q4 as you claim. Would be great if we did.
Will you apologize when you're proven wrong or will you claim victory if they were overcounted by a small amount?

Will you apologize when you're proven wrong or will you claim victory if they were overcounted by a small amount?
I’ll happily admit I’m wrong if we added 3.2M+ net new jobs in the second half of 2022 as your numbers claim. I’ll also monitor 2023 job trends as that factors into the trajectory you were ignoring earlier.

I’ll happily admit I’m wrong if we added 3.2M+ net new jobs in the second half of 2022 as your numbers claim. I’ll also monitor 2023 job trends as that factors into the trajectory you were ignoring earlier.
SMH, what do you expect the trend to be for 2023 since the Fed is actively trying to suppress job growth?

SMH, what do you expect the trend to be for 2023 since the Fed is actively trying to suppress job growth?

About what you’d expect.

Back to the 2022 numbers you were so adamant about. Let’s do a charity bet. >= 3.2M net new revised jobs in 2H 2022 per BLS and you win. Less and I win.

$100 to charity of winner’s choice. Cool?

Either Growls was right to call your numbers into question or you were right. It’s a really objective, fact-based outcome.

I can add the exact # once I’m off my phone.

How many millions have left the workforce accounting for the current unemployment numbers also?

The BLS putting out politically puffy numbers and then revising when no one cares has become standard operating procedure. And you guys are arguing over something that isn't really all that relevant without incorporating our labor participation rate. Our real number is more like 6.5%.

Regardless of the measure, the number has come down dramatically which is a good thing.

Trump’s 2024 bid gets harsh reaction among Hill Republicans​

Koch bros political apparatus will get involved in the GOP primaries, and will not be backing DJT. Big news for the field, but I imagine the most excitement is probably coming from the Desantis camp.

Reactions: dpic73
Koch bros political apparatus will get involved in the GOP primaries, and will not be backing DJT. Big news for the field, but I imagine the most excitement is probably coming from the Desantis camp.

I can’t imagine very much smart money will come in for Trump. He will get a lot of the MAGA mini donors, but savvy business people with real capital aren’t supporting him aside from on the Mike Lindell types.

Everyone with a 3 digit IQ understands that Trump cannot win the presidency. Those on the right with a vested interest in a Republican winning will do all they can to get someone other than trump the nomination.

Hopefully there’s enough early resistance to Trump to clear the way for a viable candidate. It will be interesting to see who else can jump in the top 3. Trump and Desantis will pull similar voters, so maybe there will be room for someone a bit different.

Reactions: yoshi121374
About what you’d expect.

Back to the 2022 numbers you were so adamant about. Let’s do a charity bet. >= 3.2M net new revised jobs in 2H 2022 per BLS and you win. Less and I win.

$100 to charity of winner’s choice. Cool?

Either Growls was right to call your numbers into question or you were right. It’s a really objective, fact-based outcome.

I can add the exact # once I’m off my phone.
First of all, I never said that 3.2 million jobs have been added since July and I also didn't offer my opinion. I was quoting the statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics - the official agency for compiling these numbers. You are using numbers from a different entity to claim that the BLS numbers were off. However, even the Philadelphia Fed said you should not use their stats to compare to the BLS stats because they use completely different methods to calculate the job numbers. This means you can't say the BLS was wrong.

"The gap is influenced by different methodologies and adjustments, and the Philly Fed noted that its sum-of-states figure shouldn’t be compared to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ nationwide estimate.'

This Sr. Economics reporter at CNBC said the same thing.

I waited until now to respond so I could see the updated numbers for November since they update the numbers twice in the two months following the initial release, on the 3rd of each month. As you can see, the BLS did revise their numbers DOWN for the 2nd quarter and you can also see that the numbers were revised UP for November. The first adjustment for December was also revised UP. This means there were actually 4.5 million jobs added in 2022. *numbers shown in thousands below.

H1QzUHx.jpg

I’ll also monitor 2023 job trends as that factors into the trajectory you were ignoring earlier.
LOL

No matter how you slice it, the job market is roaring like nothing we've seen before and prices are still falling. Even if the Jan job numbers are off by 200,000 the fact remains the same. We are not heading for a deep recession and the news is mostly good - even you should be able to recognize that.

I did not agree to a bet because I can't independently verify the numbers the BLS is using, I am only repeating them. You nor I know if they are right or wrong but you can't dispute that the trends make me more right than you are.

Feel free to donate here ---> https://secure.actblue.com/

First of all, I never said that 3.2 million jobs have been added since July and I also didn't offer my opinion. I was quoting the statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics - the official agency for compiling these numbers. You are using numbers from a different entity to claim that the BLS numbers were off. However, even the Philadelphia Fed said you should not use their stats to compare to the BLS stats because they use completely different methods to calculate the job numbers. This means you can't say the BLS was wrong.

"The gap is influenced by different methodologies and adjustments, and the Philly Fed noted that its sum-of-states figure shouldn’t be compared to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ nationwide estimate.'

This Sr. Economics reporter at CNBC said the same thing.

I waited until now to respond so I could see the updated numbers for November since they update the numbers twice in the two months following the initial release, on the 3rd of each month. As you can see, the BLS did revise their numbers DOWN for the 2nd quarter and you can also see that the numbers were revised UP for November. The first adjustment for December was also revised UP. This means there were actually 4.5 million jobs added in 2022. *numbers shown in thousands below.

H1QzUHx.jpg

LOL

No matter how you slice it, the job market is roaring like nothing we've seen before and prices are still falling. Even if the Jan job numbers are off by 200,000 the fact remains the same. We are not heading for a deep recession and the news is mostly good - even you should be able to recognize that.

I did not agree to a bet because I can't independently verify the numbers the BLS is using, I am only repeating them. You nor I know if they are right or wrong but you can't dispute that the trends make me more right than you are.

Feel free to donate here ---> https://secure.actblue.com/

I'm also using BLS data. I wasn't referencing the Philadelphia Fed. See here. The chart down the page reflects the net jobs for Q1 (+1,545K) and Q2 (-287K).

This just cam out in late January, so I haven't seen a similar figure for the 2nd half of 2022.

I hope the January jobs report is indicative of what's to come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT