ADVERTISEMENT

Trump shot in ear at rally?

When I heard the pops it sounded like a smaller caliber, a pistol round, but a .223 is also a smaller round. I haven't seen yet if they stated what the caliber was.

Security did fail if he was within 100-300 yards of a podium with a clear shot on the speaker, those snipers are on duty for a reason. A sniper should have likely already been on that roof if theres a shot from that vantage point.

When you push rhetoric like we've seen against him for 8 years now, people on the fringe, mentally stable or not, get it in their heads they need to act out this way. Happens on both sides. This is on the Dem Party and the Media in my book.
223/556 is small, but still quite loud. At more than 3,000 feet/second, it's the round breaking the sound barrier that makes it so loud.

Also, so far all I've seen reported is that it was an "AR-style" rifle. No one has said what caliber. And shooting at over 100 yards, I doubt it was suppressed. He would have to be running supersonic rounds to preserve the effective range, and there's no suppressing supers.

Last edited:
There’s a more graphic photo out there that I won’t post but looks a lot like the guy in the graphic photo and is the same shirt of the guy on top of the barn.
So this was definitely the shooter after unfortunately seeing the after photo. He is wearing the same shirt as this photo which makes it seem like the photo was taking before the shooting. Drone picture?

The USSS let this happen. They let it happen. They had eyes on the shooter and let him take the shot and didnt move Trump off the stage.

Reactions: alex24
Great opportunity for Trump to use the RN convention to speak on the divide in this country, to call for everyone to tone down polarizing rhetoric, and the need for us all to come together as one.

This is the time to show leadership, not sow further discord. I hope he does so.

How about Biden? Do you think he has an opportunity here?

Reactions: Dbatz
So this was definitely the shooter after unfortunately seeing the after photo. He is wearing the same shirt as this photo which makes it seem like the photo was taking before the shooting. Drone picture?
Any idea about the graphics on his shirt?

I don’t think they tried to kill him, but this was a total failure by the SS. A stain on the agency forever.
Candidate doesn’t get same SS coverage as current POTUS

I’m still shocked he got shots off.

Reactions: okclem
The USSS let this happen. They let it happen. They had eyes on the shooter and let him take the shot and didnt move Trump off the stage.
This is the stupidest thing you have ever said which is something

Does this say more about the USSS? Or the man they are charged to protect?

Are you saying they did not think him worthy of their protection?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT