ADVERTISEMENT

Truth claims? Christians..

Not watching. Anything like these plastic surgery devotees including one in a Louis Vuitton jacket? Need a private jet to spread the word, commercial ain't gonna get them there like God told them they need to be.

Just curious: had anybody heard of these people before this thing with the jet recently went viral? What do they have to do with Ravi Zacharias?

Never heard of him. But if he is not living and teaching what the Bible teaches i would be leery of him. If your not a Christian your not good not a one. Do you realize how that last sentence sounds? Stupid as yours. I know many non-Christains that are really good people couldn't get any better as a person. Just like I know many fine Christians also.

That’s why the Bible never says to “be good”, because you can’t. It does however teach that men can do good and that God is good.

I think the simplest explanation is that man uses the word good in a much more casual way than God does.

Edit: I don’t know R.Z but I know his teachings, which are indeed Biblical. Not sure how he is even being referenced in the same breath as Duplantis or Osteen.

Last edited:
That’s why the Bible never says to “be good”, because you can’t. It does however teach that men can do good and that God is good.

I think the simplest explanation is that man uses the word good in a much more casual way than God does.

Edit: I don’t know R.Z but I know his teachings, which are indeed Biblical. Not sure how he is even being referenced in the same breath as Duplantis or Osteen.
Yes I know. They're a difference in helping people and say being a rapist or murderer.

Right. We apply everyday definitions in our conversations. There is nothing wrong with that. I will always believe that my mom is an amazing person. “But the Bible says...”. Yeah, I get it. But if you ask me to describe my mom I’ll never say she was a sinner who fell short of the glory of God. It’s true, but it’s not what I see when I look at her.
Fighting over the use of a word does nithing to win hearts.

I wish I was naive enough to believe in a book of hokum that promised me everlasting life in a paradise. Hate to burst the bubble, but once you die you’re worm food. Nothing more.

One is a vertical statement (between God and man...we can do no good, apart from Him), and one is a horizontal statement (between man and man...being a rapist is worse than stealing a candy bar, but both are breaking the big 10).
I agree all sins are equal. Think some is missing the point. You can do good works that will bring glory to God or you can choose to do evil things. I believe Rev. Billy Graham was a good man. I believe Charles Manson was a bad man. They are a difference.

Not watching. Anything like these plastic surgery devotees including one in a Louis Vuitton jacket? Need a private jet to spread the word, commercial ain't gonna get them there like God told them they need to be.

I'm not sure you know Ravi's teachings. He's not a TV preacher.

He's a really solid guy who provides excellent logic as to why Christianity makes a lot of sense compared to other religions. You should for sure listen to his stuff.

Right. We apply everyday definitions in our conversations. There is nothing wrong with that. I will always believe that my mom is an amazing person. “But the Bible says...”. Yeah, I get it. But if you ask me to describe my mom I’ll never say she was a sinner who fell short of the glory of God. It’s true, but it’s not what I see when I look at her.
Fighting over the use of a word does nithing to win hearts.
The word love is probably overused in this regard more than any other IMO.
We say I love ice cream and then I love my wife and it’s a little different obviously.

I wish I was naive enough to believe in a book of hokum that promised me everlasting life in a paradise. Hate to burst the bubble, but once you die you’re worm food. Nothing more.
Speaking of truth claims ...

Ravi is a wonderful representative of the Christian faith. Not sure how anyone could listen to him with an open heart and mind and not be moved by what he says. Humble, smart, caring, and passionate about what he does. I'm actually gonna start donating to his ministry myself

Matthew 7:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves
What is the point of your post? Ravi is one of God's greatest servants and a very well respected apologist throughout Christianity. I have listened to him for decades and will continue.

I'm seeing a thread on another board I frequent about that very thing - specifically Duplanits buying a new jet.

It is pretty entertaining.

We need fewer guys like this and more Billy Grahams in the world.

What is the point of your post? Ravi is one of God's greatest servants and a very well respected apologist throughout Christianity. I have listened to him for decades and will continue.

Ravi has a podcast on iTunes (and I assume other places). He can blow your mind with his depth but the dude is sharp as a razor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT