ADVERTISEMENT

Walz it is

Vance is a big government Republican. I don't really see him as bolstering with people like me. He's not who I wanted at all. But then, I don't want Trump either. I find all of this to be utterly ridiculous.
If you're an anti Trump principled conservative like I used to be then unfortunately you aren't part of the base anymore

Wow - what an underwhelming ticket.

Govenor from Minnesota that no one has heard of?

Most people wouldn't give a shit if we gave MN back to Canada.

Not sure the Democrats have had a weaker ticket in my lifetime. Maybe Hillary, but Kamala is actually more disliked than Hillary.

Thats what happens when you select instead of elect.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
So .... The states that everyone is fleeing

CA ranks dead last in net migration and MN ranks 41st.

So, democrats take leaders from two states that everyone is fleeing and are trying to put them in charge? People are LITERALLY running away from their policies.

Statistics from wikipedia for 2023

So both California and Minnesota believe that they have the right to take away your child if you don't affirm their delusions.

Inexusable.

I'm glad that we live in a state with a reasonable Govenor that doesn't allow child theft and mutilation.

Last edited:
  • Angry
So both California and Minnesota believe that they have the right to take away your child if you don't affirm their delusions.

Inexusable.

I'm glad that we live in a state with a reasonable Govenor that doesn't allow child theft and mutilation.

Do you have proof of that other than a twat from the chair of Students for Trump?

"Finke, the author and primary sponsor of Minnesota’s trans refuge bill, said Walz was a source of moral support last year, when Finke was the target of a nationwide pressure campaign led by far-right conservatives, who falsely claimed the bill would allow children to medically transition without parental consent and promoted the baseless claim that Finke and other trans people were “grooming” children to abuse them."

Not sure the Democrats have had a weaker ticket in my lifetime. Maybe Hillary, but Kamala is actually more disliked than Hillary.

Thats what happens when you select instead of elect.
Then don't vote for them. Seems like Polymarket thinks people will since Wisconsin has now flipped to the Democrats, which means we have the blue wall. Might need to get Hulk Hogan out on the stump to counter-attack LULZ

Supported BLM, Covid fraud, military fraud…bailed on his unit when they were about to be deployed to Iraq and ran for Congress, blow a 18 billion dollar surplus Minnesota had, supports sex change for minors.

He’s great for Republicans!!
If you're worried about someone being bad with money, have you read about Donald Trump?

If you're an anti Trump principled conservative like I used to be then unfortunately you aren't part of the base anymore

Based on what you say, you've just changed your views. It isn't that Trump pushed you away. You were already gone because the stuff you highlight suggests you just changed how you feel about things which is absolutely your right to do.

A principled conservative would never seek refuge in something as authoritarian as the left.

Then don't vote for them. Seems like Polymarket thinks people will since Wisconsin has now flipped to the Democrats, which means we have the blue wall. Might need to get Hulk Hogan out on the stump to counter-attack LULZ
Lol - I'm not losing one ounce of sleep over it.

Trump in a landslide. America is not communist.

If you're worried about someone being bad with money, have you read about Donald Trump?
I have…I really enjoyed my 401K from 2016-2019, loved those low interest rates, lower taxes, gas prices, cheaper groceries, insurance prices and restaurant prices. I mean other than the mean tweets and waking up everyone wondering if he fired someone during the night…I did okay, I bet you did too!

Lol - I'm not losing one ounce of sleep over it.

Trump in a landslide. America is not communist.
You sure about that?

dY3884p.png

dY3gcjn.png

Interested to hear the dems thoughts on this pick. Most reasonable dem posters on this board were hoping for more centrist candidates like Shapiro or Kelly to moderate the ticket.

MN also wasn’t a contested state, so not sure how this helps strategically.

Seems like about the best possible outcome for the Republicans.
Don’t really know a lot about Walz to be honest. Was thinking Shapiro made the most sense given the significance of Pennsylvania. Arizona is important too but if Dems take PA then the Republican path to victory becomes extraordinarily narrow. Maybe they feel PA is in the bag and Walz will help out more in WI/MI? Not sure. Lock down PA, MI, and WI and the election is over. Dems don’t need to win anything else.

Maybe I’m not supposed to say this out loud but I’m wondering if Shapiro being Jewish impacted the decision. I’m not sure what, if anything, he’s said on the Israel/Palestine issue but the Dems do need to placate the incredibly stupid pro-Palestine section of their base. They’re not going to vote for Trump but there is a chance they don’t vote at all out of badly misguided principle, and there larger numbers of these voters in some key states, most notably Michigan.

Ultimately, the VP pick isn’t that important. Elections have shown time and time again that people don’t vote based on VP. They probably should vote based on VP more, especially as our Presidential nominees have gotten older and older, but people vote for President, not Vice President.

Reactions: fatpiggy
Don’t really know a lot about Walz to be honest. Was thinking Shapiro made the most sense given the significance of Pennsylvania. Arizona is important too but if Dems take PA then the Republican path to victory becomes extraordinarily narrow. Maybe they feel PA is in the bag and Walz will help out more in WI/MI? Not sure. Lock down PA, MI, and WI and the election is over. Dems don’t need to win anything else.

Maybe I’m not supposed to say this out loud but I’m wondering if Shapiro being Jewish impacted the decision. I’m not sure what, if anything, he’s said on the Israel/Palestine issue but the Dems do need to placate the incredibly stupid pro-Palestine section of their base. They’re not going to vote for Trump but there is a chance they don’t vote at all out of badly misguided principle, and there larger numbers of these voters in some key states, most notably Michigan.

Ultimately, the VP pick isn’t that important. Elections have shown time and time again that people don’t vote based on VP. They probably should vote based on VP more, especially as our Presidential nominees have gotten older and older, but people vote for President, not Vice President.
Agree that in the end the VP doesn't matter much.

Would have been fine with Walz or Shapiro. Walz has already built a lot of momentum attacking Vance and giving the "these guys are weird" angle that has caused the Rs to melt down repeatedly. Walz will appeal to older white voters that Harris needs to fortify midwestern swing states. They must feel confident they can pull in PA without Shapiro on the ticket, and I would expect Shapiro will still be stumping for the ticket in that state where his favorable ratings should help.

Walz is the anti-Vance. A former teacher and football coach who's a lifetime gun owner and served 24 years in the national guard. He's a real small town person with Americana roots. Also a great communicator.
Do you think she’ll take his gun when she takes mine like she said she would?

I don't think VP picks matter very much but I just don't see how this one helps the democrats. If anything it seems to be a net negative.

Harris needed someone to energize her campaign. Instead she alienated a lot of jewish people. And Minnesota is not a swing state (i doubt she feared losing it) so I just don't get it. Weak decision by a weak leader.

Very excited about this pick. He's the guy I wanted from the start.
-20+ years in the national guard as an enlisted man
-Decades as a public school teacher
-High school football coach (0-27 to state champs in 3 years)
-Went to two small state schools
-Highest ranking member of the Veterans Affairs committee in the House
-In the 90s in rural Minnesota he was the faculty sponsor for the HS gay-straight alliance (I have extended family members who are gay so this is important to me)
-Is a hunter, had an A+ NRA rating until he started pushing for common sense gun reform (background checks, red flag laws)
-Great communicator, knows how to explain his policies for normal folks

His stated goal as governor was to make Minnesota the best state to raise a family. That is very important to me. With a 1 seat legislative majority he signed into law:
-Weed legalization
-Expunged weed records (not sure about this one)
-Expanded the Child Tax Credit
-Free breakfasts and lunches for all school kids (cheaper than means testing and makes utilitarian sense)
-No school book bans
-No taxes on SS for seniors
-Workplace protections
-Paid family leave
-Paid sick leave
-Lowered the price of insulin
-Lowered RX drug costs
-Banned junk fees
-Banned conversion therapy
-First time regulation of assisted-living centers to prevent elder abuse
-New police training center (law and order types should like that)
Full blown left wing nut job then, just what we need to compliment Willie Brown’s mistress.

I have…I really enjoyed my 401K from 2016-2019, loved those low interest rates, lower taxes, gas prices, cheaper groceries, insurance prices and restaurant prices. I mean other than the mean tweets and waking up everyone wondering if he fired someone during the night…I did okay, I bet you did too!
It's exasperating to continually hear this drivel. 401K can be dependent on what you have your money in. Mine is up more in last few years under Biden. But he and Trump had almost no impact on whether it's up or down. Same goes for the other examples you cited. You want it be true so you connect dots and see cause and effect that don't exist.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT