ADVERTISEMENT

Warning (Graphic): Man Killed While Jogging in Brunswick, GA

First shot is fired almost simultaneously as the guy runs around the front of the car. The dude with the shotgun goes around to cut him off, basically forces the guy to engage, and then fires.
Neither guy is active law enforcement, they are screwed. They had no right to chase someone down with guns and engage, even if he stole. Looks like someone forgot they were retired.

Who the fvck just drives around the neighborhood with their cell phone recording video?

"Hey Honey, I'm going to drive around the block with my cell phone recording, it seems like a good day to catch a murder"

Reactions: cyclotiger
Video shows cold blooded, premeditated killing. Horrific video.

Those of us on TI are not the jury, we did not see the whole event. But what we see in the video is murderous killing on a guy who was no threat at all to the people chasing him down.

It's not comparable, but the people on TI who see a need to defend the killers in the video are unbelievably out of line. If you see a killing and immediately jump to the role of defense attorney, the rest of us cannot help you.

when you have real in depth conversations with defense attorneys and it takes a grind to get it out of them......

this is what you’ll find:

“it’s not about getting to the truth. It’s about getting the most favorable position for your client.”

This isn’t a surprise per se but when you compound this by millions..... gives you an appreciation of the bullshit justice that’s out there, ON BOTH SIDES.

Society totally created those. C'mon man I don't want to insult you but think about it. I can go through life never meeting a white man with a tattoo and there were more than enough images and messaging to promote them as worse than one in a suit or simply worse than they actually are. By the same token I have met plenty of white people in my life that had horrible thoughts, images and views of black people that had never actually met or interacted with one. They lived in communities without them and went by what the images they saw all over. Didn't even take their parents being racist or anything. Just programming. They had the opportunity to change obviously after getting their own experiences to go from that believe it or not went against what they thought. And I'm sure unfortunately some had bad experiences with the few they may have met. Same if I meet ONE white guy with tattoos and that confirmed the negative.

Society did not create those. Lets take the white guy with tattoos example. Are you telling me that the percentage of white guys with tattoos in prison is the same as those with tattoos who have never been in prison? I'd be willing to bet that is not true. Also, I don't know where you live, but I don't think you could go through life and not meet someone with a tattoo in any category you want to pick, much less any group of males.
I can just about guarantee you arrest/conviction statistics would support the idea you should be more afraid of a white guy with a tattoo than one in a suit.

These stats are not about charges, those are convictions by a jury of their peers. Interestingly, whites are convicted three times more often for drug offenses. You keep moving the goal posts for your argument, you are going to keep talking in circles. Tell me this, if a 17 year old drug dealer, thief, high, straddled you and was pounding your head in the pavement, what would you do? Why do you keep skipping over the most important detail of that encounter? Oh yea facts don’t fit your failed argument. Who let Martin down? He had drug tattoos, was suspended from school for the 3rd time at the time of his death, investigators uncovered hundreds of texts on his phone and social media with Martin bragging about fighting and gun use and being a ‘gangsta’. School officials found thousands of dollars worth of jewelry in his backpack, along with a screwdriver. At the time of his death his mom had kicked him out and sent him to stay with his dad. He was a danger to society, he no longer is. Yet many tried to prop this guy up as some sort of martyr, never mentioning what a low life he turned out to be.

You don't look into the numbers you post, do you? Whites are convicted three times more because blacks are orders of magnitude more likely to have to have a public defender and plead out. And they account for many times more of the population than African-Americans.

You literally argue like a middle-schooler. I haven't moved goal posts one iota. You're of the ilk that think a 17 year old deserved to die because he was a bad kid, completely glossing over the ADULT who stalked him, disobeyed law enforcement, and shot him.

I wonder what is causing that blind spot in your analysis? 17 year old black kid... deserves to die. Grown ass man doing the exact opposite of what law enforcement told him..."W-w-w-hat would you do?" Yeah. Racism. That's your blind spot. I wouldn't expect a racist to see it.

Some of y'all need to take a few minutes out of your life and watch this.

I'm done talking about Trayvon Martin. It's essentially a Rorschach test at this point, and not particularly helpful. But I'll only say that the general tone and tenor or throwing people away so young has to be changed. Especially those we label as thugs.

I'm glad you're addressing the stats again. I mean seriously I have no chance in life no matter what I do because people that look like me do wrong. That's literally the thing people keep going back to. Why do I even try? I can't move freely, can't be armed, can't make mistakes because you know, those stats.

You can't say it's all about individual accountability and then cite those stats. My desire is that it be about individual accountability so that when I go get a degree, stay out of trouble, and become a great citizen I won't get profiled and have to listen to stats explaining why it makes sense that I'm profiled and beaten or killed. You have to look at this from my point of view. There's more than one America. You have to start there. I don't blame you for your point of view because I look at it from what you've seen but you have to be able to do that for others to understand why this stuff is totally wrong no matter those stats.
I don't think most realize the difficulties of being a law abiding black man in America. Especially in an area where you are not known. It breaks my heart the stereotypes that are thrown out. It's damn 2020 and it's supposed to be better.

Regardless of what gets released on their justification, these guys are guilty without question unless the laws in Georgia are different than other states. You can't follow someone down a public, residential street and shoot them on suspicion. If there was at any point a threat to them, ie....he was in their house or on their property, it was over by time they caught up to him.......that fact alone makes them guilty. They followed him, not the other way around. That's pre-meditated in my opinion.

Take some photos, call the police, go back home and wait for them to show up.

If there is a conflict of interest in regards to the DA office knowing him, move the case to another jurisdiction or state. That happens more often than you think.

Reactions: TigerLion06
Two men clearly gun down an unarmed black man for simply jogging in a neighborhood after they called 911 and stated their only concern was that he was "a black man running down the street" in their neighborhood. Not just a man, but a "black" man. Yeah, those guys weren't "real racists", allow us to let you point out what "real racism" is.
I guess you missed the first part of my post. I’m not referring to the video...I’m referring to the same people that are always in these types of threads always screaming racism...you know who you are & you know what I mean.
Despite what the liberal playbook says, you don’t have to be a white conservative to be racist.

They did that in Jasper, TX. Didn't end up well for them

images

This pisses me off. Even if he did steal, that’s not a death sentence. These guys should be thrown under the jail at the least.

I wonder about the involvement of the person in the car. I wonder why the runner didn’t turn around and run away from the roadblock. Perhaps the runner felt threatened by the person in the car and felt the person was following him with ill intent. It’s definitely something that needs to be looked into.

Where did I EVER defend anyone in this case? My beef was with the clowns who likened this case to a another case where there was a justified shooting. Unless there is a lot more to this case that’s what’s on that video, someone is likely justifiably going to jail. I deal with this stuff all the time with our local law enforcement. We give them half price training and their egos keep them away once they come once and a 170lb guy toys with them. They spend hours in the gym building beach muscles but depend on their weapon immediately if a situation get physical. Even if it can be justified(and it usually is), proper training can give officers the skills, confidence, and endurance to subdue suspects without having to kill. My beef is with people taking legitimate cases like this and lumping in a bunch of worthless trash cases with it. Trayvon Martin was robbing houses and people left and right, doing and selling drugs. I know a guy who worked that case outside Orlando, Martin was straight trash.

Speaking of straight trash......

I guess you missed the first part of my post. I’m not referring to the video...I’m referring to the same people that are always in these types of threads always screaming racism...you know who you are & you know what I mean.
Despite what the liberal playbook says, you don’t have to be a white conservative to be racist.

As opposed to the same people that are always in these types of threads screaming that "you don't have to be white to be racist"? And yet most of these threads are about black people being gunned down by whites, with varying degrees of justification. Seems odd how that's always the way with these threads. Don't see a lot of threads about white guys just jogging down the road or walking back to their house being gunned down by blacks for being "suspicious".

I'm sure it's just severe underreporting of the black uprising against whites or something. By the liberal media!

--Mr. DT

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
I will say that until this thread took a turn, I think it was an honest discussion of the facts and how terrible this specific instance is, where it just looks like a guy is getting gunned down by two other guys because he fit a profile... sounds like the profile was only skin color. Fvcked up.

This situation is rightfully getting a lot of attention in GA today. It was covered on Fox also.

The governor who campaigned on rounding up illegals in his truck while toting a shotgun. It's almost as if the two perps in this case were simply putting that into action.

I'm sure Kemp is doing the right thing here, but the concern is a bit rich coming from him.

kemp-ad.png
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
The governor who campaigned on rounding up illegals in his truck while toting a shotgun. It's almost as if the two perps in this case were simply putting that into action.

I'm sure Kemp is doing the right thing here, but the concern is a bit rich coming from him.

kemp-ad.png
hqdefault.jpg
I don't see a shotgun in his truck. You do realize those are two different campaign ads, right?

I don't see a shotgun in his truck. You do realize those are two different campaign ads, right?

It's all one thirty second add, which opens with him toting a gun around. Notice he's wearing the same shirt.

Of course, Brian has another great one where he aims his shotgun at a boy (in jest I know, but it'd be nice if our leaders didn't make light of guns).

Society did not create those. Lets take the white guy with tattoos example. Are you telling me that the percentage of white guys with tattoos in prison is the same as those with tattoos who have never been in prison? I'd be willing to bet that is not true. Also, I don't know where you live, but I don't think you could go through life and not meet someone with a tattoo in any category you want to pick, much less any group of males.
I can just about guarantee you arrest/conviction statistics would support the idea you should be more afraid of a white guy with a tattoo than one in a suit.

You completely missed the point. The point is it IS created by society because we know people who have never met someone like whatever the description is and already have a bias. Yes eventually you'll meet somebody, which I already mentioned and it can go one way or the other. This sort of imaging happens all the time everywhere in every category both positively and negatively, sales and marketing, etc. What I said isn't groundbreaking. My whole point is it isn't only built from people's personal experiences. Even with that said it's not fair to to the white guys with tattoos that have never committed a crime in their life and they should be able to walk around in peace. I don't care what your stats say. There's a way to progress without using that as an excuse. It's funny that the people who are in charge don't have the same issue due to the many crimes they dominate statistically. Imagine that. This is totally created.

Last edited:
I don't think most realize the difficulties of being a law abiding black man in America. Especially in an area where you are not known. It breaks my heart the stereotypes that are thrown out. It's damn 2020 and it's supposed to be better.

I promise you that I do everything in my power to make those around me feel absolutely safe, respected and happy and a lot of the times it doesn't matter. It's exhausting and it's painful when you're still treated that way. But you're taught to try to be strong. But you're human. I honestly think some people just don't give a damn about anyone but themselves. I appreciate your comment.

He appears to try to run around the truck to avoid it, but the guy on the ground with the shotgun comes around the front of the truck to confront him with the gun pointed. Not sure what you’re supposed to do at that point. You either fight, or potentially get shot in the back trying to run away. It takes a cold dude to think clearly in that situation. The guy was essentially hunted down by a couple of dooshbag vigilante cosplayers. Regardless of what he may or may not have done, that shit is wrong.
My thinking was that if I saw a couple dudes with shotguns in the road I wouldn’t want to run towards them, much less get near enough to bump into or scuffle with one of them.

If he was out jogging/exercising, however, he may not have been totally aware of what was going on until he was right on top of the guy standing in the road and instinct took over once it seemed like the guy was trying to fight him or something. I’m not a runner, but sometimes when they’re “in the zone” it doesn’t seem like they pay much attention to surroundings.

Terrible and sickening outcome that should have never happened, regardless of the underlying circumstances, and there should be consequences.

Last edited:
My thinking was that if I saw a couple dudes with shotguns in the road I wouldn’t want to run towards them, much less get near enough to bump into or scuffle with one of them.

If he was out jogging/exercising, however, he may not have been totally aware of what was going on until he was right on top of the guy standing in the road and instinct took over once it seemed like the guy was trying to fight him or something. I’m not a runner, but sometimes when they’re “in the zone” it doesn’t seem like they pay much attention to surroundings.

Terrible and sickening outcome that should have never happened, regardless of the underlying circumstances, and there should be consequences.

i think @Ron Munson mentions in the thread that he had already tried once to turn around and run away from these guys

kemp-ad.png
hqdefault.jpg

You can be for gun rights and enforcing immigration laws while being against murder. You realize that right?

Wow. Wish I hadn't watched that.

Am I crazy to think that the only defense those guys could have would be the identity of the person who filmed it? They have the context of what happened before and after the 30 second film.

But those 2 didn't "chase down" the victim, they freaking ambushed him. They were waiting outside the truck.

Good point from Trey Gowdy:

"I guess my first question would be, why did it take the video [becoming public]?" Gowdy asked host Dana Perino. "If you have someone who is jogging, who is unarmed, who is shot and killed by officers who aren't officers -- they aren't even law enforcement officers -- why did they take video?"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trey-gowdy-ahmaud-arbery-case-grand-jury

Reactions: CUAngler
When they’re tried and found guilty I’ll be right there with you on this but man we have law and order. And I don’t care what one believes until they’re found guilty opinion is just opinion. How many times do we have to do this? Go nuts over something before a trial is even held or a charge has been made. I’m sure they’ll go to jail based on your perceived notion but everyone has a right to due process. If you’re ever accused of something I sure hope you are given rights before being thrown in jail. There is a process and that process needs to play out. That video is probably damning but it could also be doctored or miss something you didn’t see. Let it play out and go chant in support at the courthouse if they’re found guilty. But until then you, me, they, all have rights to due process and a fair trial. If your opinion is correct, and they’re found guilty then I’m right there with you.
You are 100% correct....we have law and order! And chasing a young man down and shooting him in the middle of the street is not it. And no, I wasn't there, but I watched the video of it happening in its entirety, so pretty much was.

This wasn’t a murder committed by two men, BUT 3 men with guns cornering a jogger because he was a black man jogging through their neighborhood. These vigilantes suspected this man of a burglary that happened in the past in which they have no proof. Gregory McMichael, Travis McMichael, and Brian Williams should all be charged. As some have pointed out, you hear the driver chambering his weapon while trying to video the confrontation.

In just the last few days, we have seen armed militia overtake a statehouse capital; which a minority group could not do without severe consequences. We have seen other white protesters with guns confronting the police, which is lauded as those protesters First Amendment rights. But, Black Lives Matter is labeled as a terrorist group for protesting against police brutality. Now we see a black man cannot jog through a neighborhood without fear of losing his life because someone in the majority population thinks he looks suspicious. Despite what some are willing to admit; there are two Americas for those in the majority and those in the minority. Sad, but definitely true!

It doesn't even sound like there is another side to the story. The pretty much admit chasing him down.

Thread right here. Doesn't matter if he was armed... Hell, It doesn't matter if he WAS a criminal. You don't get to chase people down and kill them. You get to call the police. If they are breaking in your home or asaulting you OK, not this.

Thread right here. Doesn't matter if he was armed... Hell, It doesn't matter if he WAS a criminal. You don't get to chase people down and kill them. You get to call the police. If they are breaking in your home or asaulting you OK, not this.

I am not a fan of the federal government getting involved in state and local issues, but in situations like this, where something is completely ignored and no charges are filed, the federal (or state) government should step in, and not only file charges, but file charges against the DA and local law enforcement for not pursuing this.

This wasn’t a murder committed by two men, BUT 3 men with guns cornering a jogger because he was a black man jogging through their neighborhood. These vigilantes suspected this man of a burglary that happened in the past in which they have no proof. Gregory McMichael, Travis McMichael, and Brian Williams should all be charged. As some have pointed out, you hear the driver chambering his weapon while trying to video the confrontation.

In just the last few days, we have seen armed militia overtake a statehouse capital; which a minority group could not do without severe consequences. We have seen other white protesters with guns confronting the police, which is lauded as those protesters First Amendment rights. But, Black Lives Matter is labeled as a terrorist group for protesting against police brutality. Now we see a black man cannot jog through a neighborhood without fear of losing his life because someone in the majority population thinks he looks suspicious. Despite what some are willing to admit; there are two Americas for those in the majority and those in the minority. Sad, but definitely true!

And now we see how the isolated actions of individuals can be extrapolated upon by someone with a world view based upon race, and used to impune a whole race of people.

Sad, but definitely true.

And now we see how the isolated actions of individuals can be extrapolated upon by someone with a world view based upon race, and used to impune a whole race of people.

Sad, but definitely true.

What is sad is that someone from the majority and privilege continuously try to dismiss or invalidate the reality of the minority’s experience.

When you say the isolated actions of individuals, what actions and who are you referring to? Any one with any decency, a sound mind and moral fortitude can look at that video and say at the very least those men should have been arrested two months ago. But are those isolated actions of individuals you are referring to are they the two men in the truck? Does it not include the third participant with a gun that is filming the incident? Does it include the police officers that responded that didn’t make an arrest at the scene? Does it include their superiors and investigators that once they had all the evidence still refused to make an arrest because of their connection to the perpetrators? Does it include the TWO District Attorneys that recused themselves and refused to bring charges because of their personal connection? One of which wrote a letter for no other purpose other than to shape the narrative to exonerate these murderers. Does it include the now presiding THIRD DA that has also refused to bring charges but instead has decided that a Grand Jury needs to decide, although he has it within his authority to bring charges immediately. Does it include all the members of the community that is justifying the actions of all those involved in opposition to the clear evidence that this was vigilantes that murdered a black man because he was jogging and looked suspicious to them. This is not isolated actions of individuals. This is the entire system that is complicit in the injustice including the people that sits idly by and say nothing and do nothing when they know it’s the right thing to speak up. When you say impugn a whole race of people, so far at the minimum, I have listed 10-15 people that are complicit not including the community. What do they all have in common that is in opposition to the black man that was also a part of that community?

What is sad is that someone from the majority and privilege continuously try to dismiss or invalidate the reality of the minority’s experience.

When you say the isolated actions of individuals, what actions and who are you referring to? Any one with any decency, a sound mind and moral fortitude can look at that video and say at the very least those men should have been arrested two months ago. But are those isolated actions of individuals you are referring to are they the two men in the truck? Does it not include the third participant with a gun that is filming the incident? Does it include the police officers that responded that didn’t make an arrest at the scene? Does it include their superiors and investigators that once they had all the evidence still refused to make an arrest because of their connection to the perpetrators? Does it include the TWO District Attorneys that recused themselves and refused to bring charges because of their personal connection? One of which wrote a letter for no other purpose other than to shape the narrative to exonerate these murderers. Does it include the now presiding THIRD DA that has also refused to bring charges but instead has decided that a Grand Jury needs to decide, although he has it within his authority to bring charges immediately. Does it include all the members of the community that is justifying the actions of all those involved in opposition to the clear evidence that this was vigilantes that murdered a black man because he was jogging and looked suspicious to them. This is not isolated actions of individuals. This is the entire system that is complicit in the injustice including the people that sits idly by and say nothing and do nothing when they know it’s the right thing to speak up. When you say impugn a whole race of people, so far at the minimum, I have listed 10-15 people that are complicit not including the community. What do they all have in common that is in opposition to the black man that was also a part of that community?

you are 100% correct, and I appreciate you posting this. But obviously there are lots of folks in this thread and on this board who just wont hear this and who are going to (ridiculously) call you a racist for posting this.

Ok. Look. What are your points? Give me the bottom line. I can refer back to this post and previous posts if they have the details. But you've mentioned the FBI, some protesters in Michigan protesting the COVID lockdown, black men afraid to go jogging, two Americas, the system, etc...

So I've taken from this that your view is that: Whites are racist. Blacks should be afraid in white neighborhoods. The FBI (as part of, the system) is also racist because it treats BLM as a terrorist organization (like the KKK). That the entire justice system is racist. That there are two Americas... .one for whites and one for minorities.

That's what I think that I understand from your posts. Is this an accurate summation, or did I get it wrong or miss something?

One point of clarification that I must ask.... you use the word, "minority". What do you mean by that? Do you mean ALL minorities together? Just one minority? What do you mean? This incident in GA involved a black American. I'm confused on this point.

Good dialogue.

Edit: I forgot to add that I am White. I think this is important for you to know given your world-view on two Americas. Not something that I would highlight to someone not viewing things through the lens of race, but I think it really important to you and your points. I like the picture. I was young. Good looking. It was taken after I was sent to fight for however many Americas that you think that there are. I kinda like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rychek4
Hopefully they are both convicted and the prosecutor who didn't pursue them is fired.

It will be interesting to see all the facts. Regardless they had no right to chase and shoot the guy. And they both deserve to rot in jail.

I do think once things start coming out, the victim is not going to be squeaky clean. They of course still had no reason to pursue or shoot him.

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT