ADVERTISEMENT

Way OT...... just Curious are you a Christian?

No the thread invited people to profess their beliefs one way or the other and then the OP, you and tigerworx attacked anyone that didn't share your beliefs.

I'll pay your next year of TI, if you can show me one post where I attacked you or anyone else. This entire time I've explained my reason for believing and defended my views.

Put up or...

I'm out of this thread, but I will be glad to discuss anything about this with anyone who is really interested. Not here to judge anyone. Seems the thread took a turn that way. I'm just here if someone has any sincere questions. God bless you all.

Man..................

U people need to go to bed!
I am.

Anyone that wants to call me out, claim I'm an asshole ( I am ) or whatever you want to say.
Do it tomorrow.

And PLEASE.......... let me know it you'll come to the TENT MEETING

Halleluhah

BTW, if it comes to fruition.............I want all you atheists there drinking free beer (it won't be light)

Reactions: rcmc2017
That's COMPLETLY consistent with the verses I quoted earlier.

The fact that you don't like it, doesn't make it inconsistent.

Not sure if you are aware or not but the official Catholic position on non Christians and folks who have never heard the gospel regarding "making it in" , is that they are certainly able to make it to heaven. This was promulagated in the Vatican 2 conference. Even many non Catholics believe that everyone will have the chance to accept or reject if they did not have the chance while alive. Likewise, there are several bible verses that contradict or muddy the waters on the assertion that folks who have never heard of Christianity are doomed to hell.

Yes, he is all knowing. Yes, he knew which ones would chose the path of damnation (Roms 3:23 -ALL).

The fact that he spares some from that proves his love.

Think of it this way, there are those who in this lifetime will say "screw God I'm going to do it my own way" when death and judgement arrive. He simply gives them what they want, eternity separated from him.
Gives them what they want? Lmao maybe so but that is because He made it so. You know the whole He has a plan for each of us thingy.... So the plan was for billions of people to endure the worst thing imaginable, for eternity.
  • God is bored one day and decides to make inferior people in his image
  • Picks some out that get to chill with him in Heaven. Lucky them
  • Picks even more out that will burn forever because... Well just because they broke the rules that he made but it's cool because he knew those people he picked out would in fact break them.
  • Creates both of those sets of people and the predictable ensues
=Evil

The God of the Bible is an insecure beta who literally created an entire world for the sole purpose of having someone to worship him. When they don't do what he wants he wines and stomps his feet like a petulant child and threatens them with eternal damnation. He is so desperate for attention that he even murders his own son.

He tells his follower to also murder his son, only to tell him not to and that he was only "testing" him. He makes a bet with the devil and tortures another one of his dedicated followers, killing his entire family. He murders the first born sons of people who aren't "chosen."

Why anyone would want to follow such an evil, malevolent, narcissistic being is beyond me.

I am very relieved and happy that this god does not actually exist.

No he has foreknowledge. Romans 8:31-34ish.

Does that not make it worse that he planned in advance whole segments of his creations being doomed to hell? Why did he even create them in the first place. It makes no sense that he would create hundreds of millions of people and in advance determine that they are going to go to hell with zero chance of redemption. That sounds like a really horrible deity.

Not sure if you are aware or not but the official Catholic position on non Christians and folks who have never heard the gospel regarding "making it in" , is that they are certainly able to make it to heaven. This was promulagated in the Vatican 2 conference. Even many non Catholics believe that everyone will have the chance to accept or reject if they did not have the chance while alive. Likewise, there are several bible verses that contradict or muddy the waters on the assertion that folks who have never heard of Christianity are doomed to hell.

I appreciate your thoughtful response. I'm not Catholic and would love to hear the Protestant verses you are referencing on this topic. I'm not aware of any of them.
Catholics believe in purgatory that you can pray or buy a loved one out of. This is not a biblical stance.

Reactions: andcam
I'll pay your next year of TI, if you can show me one post where I attacked you or anyone else. This entire time I've explained my reason for believing and defended my views.

Put up or...
I don't want your money but I quoted your attacks on others beliefs above.

You keep referencing text like we should be awakened by it. You do understand that our premise is that The Text is false and in fact written by a people some 5,000 years ago who were looking for The Answers and came up with the books of the Bible. Our belief is that the books are about as true as Gullivers Travels.
Religion_Family_Tree.png

I appreciate your thoughtful response. I'm not Catholic and would love to hear the Protestant verses you are referencing on this topic. I'm not aware of any of them.
Catholics believe in purgatory that you can pray or buy a loved one out of. This is not a biblical stance.
Now you are denouncing Catholicism and Orthodoxy. Both are the basis for modern Christianity prior to Martin Luther and King Henry VIII deciding they didn't like that version. Interesting.

Now you are denouncing Catholicism and Orthodoxy. Both are the basis for modern Christianity prior to Martin Luther and King Henry VIII deciding they didn't like that version. Interesting.

Still not attacking, I explained that I could not be expected to defend Catholicism, since I'm not one. I am even open to hearing the. Estes he referred to.

Yes, I denounce all other religions that I am not part of. It's part of the exclusivity of Jesus' claim of John 14:6. "No one come to the father except through me".

Technically no, Christianity protested (Protestantism) that Catholicism had fallen into false practices and that left the New Testament orthodoxy. So while you could draw a line from Catholicism it was actually a renaissance or orthodox Judaism.

While it was a break from Catholicism it went further back to reconnect with the New Testament development of Judaism.

Love you, brother.

But we are commanded to spread the Gospel. NOT keep it to themselves
We are also commanded to "judge righteously".

Maybe you need more time in the Word and less time in philosophers.

just sayin
That's great but more Christians should do more action and less talking when spreading the word. Leading by example and promotion by attraction.

Actually the catholic view I am speaking of is not related to purgatory. The Catholics believe in anonymous Christianity or in that if people do not have access to the gospel that they are able to use their own methods and their own heart to work towards salvation. These folks have an implicit faith and are "Baptized by an earnest desire." In the catholic view certain people can be redeemed even though they have not heard of the gospel bc when a man is ignorant God accepts an earnest, implicit desire that reveals salvation by showing that their heart is right with God even if they may not be aware of the correct name for God or the correct steps. Their heart basically shows they are right with God despite their ignorance.

The Bible verses they use are found in Romans 2: vs 15-20. Basically, these verses talk about how the gentiles were redeemed without the law bc they they had the law written in their heart. It does not take a huge leap to parallel this with the current day heathen who does not have access to the Word of God.

I believe there is also a verse at the beginning of Titus where it states that every person will be given the opportunity (i am paraphrasing and I don't remember the actual vs). However, I do recall that The Titus vs shows that everyone will be given the chance.

There may be other verses but these are the ones I can think of right off the cuff.

@tigerworx you may be interested in this too.

Technically no, Christianity protested (Protestantism) that Catholicism had fallen into false practices and that left the New Testament orthodoxy. So while you could draw a line from Catholicism it was actually a renaissance or orthodox Judaism.

While it was a break from Catholicism it went further back to reconnect with the New Testament development of Judaism.
It really doesn't matter. Your faith hinges on it being the word of God and I'm guessing in your case the word of Christ. The word doesn't change. Leaders and doctrine might, but how can you change a religion when your last living prophet died on a cross somewhere between 30-33 AD according to biblical scholars. You don't change religion, you just change the direction of its leadership.

Reactions: OrangeBallz10
Jesus is the way to heaven, no man come to the father, except through him.

Yes I am. John Newton said it best "there are only 2 things I am sure of. I am a miserable sinner and Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. I don't attend church regularly anymore and I drink beer, cuss, vape, and at times dance fast. I don't concern myself with different denominations trying to figure out who's doing right and who's doing it wrong. I don't consider myself religious but more spiritual. I try to live my life by the 10 commandments which to me are very simple and elementary. All the rules so called Christians place on themselves and other people are just their way to make themselves feel more holier than thou!

Reactions: my95GTHO
I WILL NOT preach to you.

But, if you, or any of us, are hoping to have a good outcome by being judged by our actions/thoughts............it ain't gonna end well.

.............just sayin
Sorry, but I didn't read through all 8 pages of this thread to see if his has been addressed. I am assuming you are a Christian and believe that the only path to eternal salvation is through accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior. So, do you believe that a child who never exposed to Christianity, is automatically doomed, and goes to hell?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT