ADVERTISEMENT

Way OT...... just Curious are you a Christian?

As I stated. We ALL deserve death and hell because of our sin. Our impurity can not exist is community with HIS righteousness. So we need a savior to take away our sin.

He provided the Savior and takes away the sin so that ANY of us can have community with Him in heaven.

You opinion on what is "loving" or "unloving" doesn't change God's ways.
God knowingly created billions upon billions of people only to end up burning in eternal hell fire. Sounds far more evil than benevolent

I now do not believe your previous claims. Your Theology Studies claims. I think your Lord would condemn your lies.

Sorry but I was expecting a much more thought provoking and factually based response. Even my sister puts up a better philosophical fight.

My theological studies claims are true. My response was the scriptures themselves. Romans 3:23 and 6:23.

God knowingly created billions upon billions of people only to end up burning in eternal hell fire. Sounds far more evil than benevolent

No man chose they're own way (sin) the result was they chose death and hell. God lovingly saves some by His grace, mercy and love.

I like how you snuck in the "maybe a Clemson Graduate". As if I might not be on your level. Yes I am a Clemson Graduate. I have other degrees as well...post Clemson undergrad.

You might know me, but even if we did know each other I would not be interested in your PM. I'm very secure in my beliefs. You thinking that your reaching out is "Gods work" is self serving.
Friend, take a breath.

I honestly don't give a shit about what your beliefs are. I, in NO way, was condescending about your Clemson degree. I applaud you for your 'other' degrees

If you can't see you have a problem, then good luck.

You're still a Clemson man, and whether you like it or not................I'm praying for you. Right now.

Friend, take a breath.

I honestly don't give a shit about what your beliefs are. I, in NO way, was condescending about your Clemson degree. I applaud you for your 'other' degrees

If you can't see you have a problem, then good luck.

You're still a Clemson man, and whether you like it or not................I'm praying for you. Right now.
What is my problem?

I like how you snuck in the "maybe a Clemson Graduate". As if I might not be on your level. Yes I am a Clemson Graduate. I have other degrees as well...post Clemson undergrad.

You might know me, but even if we did know each other I would not be interested in your PM. I'm very secure in my beliefs. You thinking that your reaching out is "Gods work" is self serving.

Actually it's God serving.

Acts 1:8- go and make disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and know that I am with you until the end of the age.

I'm a Christian. I pray and study the bible. I have not one judgemental bone in my body and God didn't put it in me to worry what others believe. People on here that even pretend to know who will go where when they die, should really keep that to themselves.

That being said, I believe but there is a bit of Pascal's in my system. I think God made his wager and I am not ashamed to say the alternative to believing is far scarier than if God's no real.

What is my problem?
Far be it from me to accuse someone of having a 'problem'............but maybe I did.

Hell, I do much worse.

Just saying that there is a 'way' out there, that can change assholes like me.
I am NOT calling an asshole.

I would submit, that anyone that has not filled that 'hole' in the soul..........that we all have...........with Jesus, has a problem.
Maybe it's an eternal problem.
Even if one ends up NOT ascribing to 'the Gospel'....... what have you lost?

No way am I saying you have a problem.
You have many.

But. I suspect i have more.

Reactions: hallmans
I am.

And this thread is disappointing on more levels than one. Really not sure why some are spending their Saturday evening on a message board trying to put down others' beliefs, no matter what they may be.

I'm a Christian. I pray and study the bible. I have not one judgemental bone in my body and God didn't put it in me to worry what others believe. People on here that even pretend to know who will go where when they die, should really keep that to themselves.

That being said, I believe but there is a bit of Pascal's in my system. I think God made his wager and I am not ashamed to say the alternative to believing is far scarier than if God's no real.
Love you, brother.

But we are commanded to spread the Gospel. NOT keep it to themselves
We are also commanded to "judge righteously".

Maybe you need more time in the Word and less time in philosophers.

just sayin

God is all knowing correct? Meaning he knew exactly which and how many sinful souls would chose the path of damnation, beforehand.

Yes, he is all knowing. Yes, he knew which ones would chose the path of damnation (Roms 3:23 -ALL).

The fact that he spares some from that proves his love.

Think of it this way, there are those who in this lifetime will say "screw God I'm going to do it my own way" when death and judgement arrive. He simply gives them what they want, eternity separated from him.

You, sir, are a great poster on here.

Should you ever want to talk about those 'holes', please give me a shout

Go Tigers

Thank you!! I will do that some time for sure. My main issue - and I have researched this far too much, is related to the problem where all non believers are damned to hell. Take for instance the American Indian. Under strict interpretations they are damned to hell even though they had never had the opportunity to accept or reject. Now I know that some denominations have exceptions, but a strict, literalist reading seems to indicate that there are no exceptions and that just makes Christianity seem arbitrary and cruel to me. I will PM you with more details but that is it in a nutshell.

Btw, hope you Are enjoying Wyoming. It is a very very beautiful state! Do you live near Yellowstone or Jackson hole?

Thanks again for the kind words.

Reactions: my95GTHO
How does he spare any of us ??? As sinful as we are? (Me). It's Mercy. It's amazing that he saves any of us. Look at the opposite side of yor opinion

Reactions: Steven15
Yes, he is all knowing. Yes, he knew which ones would chose the path of damnation (Roms 3:23 -ALL).

The fact that he spares some from that proves his love.

Think of it this way, there are those who in this lifetime will say "screw God I'm going to do it my own way" when death and judgement arrive. He simply gives them what they want, eternity separated from him.
You keep referencing text like we should be awakened by it. You do understand that our premise is that The Text is false and in fact written by a people some 5,000 years ago who were looking for The Answers and came up with the books of the Bible. Our belief is that the books are about as true as Gullivers Travels.

Thank you!! I will do that some time for sure. My main issue - and I have researched this far too much, is related to the problem where all non believers are damned to hell. Take for instance the American Indian. Under strict interpretations they are damned to hell even though they had never had the opportunity to accept or reject. Now I know that some denominations have exceptions, but a strict, literalist reading seems to indicate that there are no exceptions and that just makes Christianity seem arbitrary and cruel to me. I will PM you with more details but that is it in a nutshell.

Btw, hope you Are enjoying Wyoming. It is a very very beautiful state! Do you live near Yellowstone or Jackson hole?

Thanks again for the kind words.
Hope to here from you soon

1) I'm not stirring up anything. This entire thread is about Christianity. If you don't like the topic don't engage the thread.

2) you never know, PM me when your ready to convert and I'll teach you the secret handshake.
No the thread invited people to profess their beliefs one way or the other and then the OP, you and tigerworx attacked anyone that didn't share your beliefs.

I answered everyone is deserving death and hell. The fact that ANYONE might undeservedly get heaven is by Gods grace and mercy.

I've had this question before and most people can't believe that the people you describe should get death and hell. But the doctrine of SIN is no joke. It's serious stuff

In other words, his mercy is arbitrary and capricious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT