ADVERTISEMENT

Where do you do your grocery shopping?

Braeburns, Honeycrisp, Fujis, in that order

Only fruit I eat is Grapples (Grape flavored Apples) and Cotton-Candy Grapes.

Actually eat Honeycrisps when I apple. Will have to try Breaburns.

Bananas are at the top of my Fruit Power Rankings. Being mangoing hard recently, but they are hit or miss in-terms of stringyness. Getting a good smooth one at the perfect ripeness might be the pinnacle of the fruit experience.

Reactions: WoooNattyChamps
Walk through a Harris Teeter in a higher end of town, which most are, and walk through any Walmart and tell me the demographic isn't completely different. I just don't associate with rednecks.

So you think you're better than them just because you have the financial resources to shop at a more expensive store. Keep in mind that the store sells the exact same product, but some with an exceptional mark up?

And secondly, you think you're better than me and probably a majority of the people on here, just because we will shop at a Bilo, Ingles, Walmart? Poor character flaw man.

@ForzaTigre - you do realize alot of towns in S.C. don't have your demands for Grocery Store chains. Unless you want to drive an hour or so each way. Maybe one day I can be up to your standards.

SC has plenty of Publix stores, Fresh Markets, and Whole Foods. Obviously a ton more Publix stores but unless you live in a tiny little town without much around you can find either of the three quite easily.

Harris Teeter maybe not as much.

So you think you're better than them just because you have the financial resources to shop at a more expensive store. Keep in mind that the store sells the exact same product, but some with an exceptional mark up?

And secondly, you think you're better than me and probably a majority of the people on here, just because we will shop at a Bilo, Ingles, Walmart? Poor character flaw man.

You never have and never will see or hear me says the words "I'm better than you" or anyone else. If I choose not to go to Walmart because of the nasty ass people or trash that walks through that place then that's my choice.

It's just like certain restaurants. I went to Longhorn's Steakhouse a couple months ago. The food wasn't terrible but I'll never go again because of the type of people that were there that night. I immediately went home and took a shower.

Only fruit I eat is Grapples (Grape flavored Apples) and Cotton-Candy Grapes.

Actually eat Honeycrisps when I apple. Will have to try Breaburns.

Bananas are at the top of my Fruit Power Rankings. Being mangoing hard recently, but they are hit or miss in-terms of stringyness. Getting a good smooth one at the perfect ripeness might be the pinnacle of the fruit experience.

Have a banana and apple every afternoon, my coworkers know the time of day when they hear that snap of apple.

Living in Belton, Ingles is the only choice,lol.
All we have in Hartsvegas is BiLo, WM and IGA(maybe went in once) and a very nasty Pig. A lot of people buy meat at IGA. Amazing how much cheaper WM vs BiLo for the exact same items. Clientele is just slightly different between the two though, lol!

I didn't say a kid. I've got three so I know that is a different thing! A shopping cart is a necessity in that situation. -Only way to keep those little guys corralled. What I am saying is if you run in for a handful of things alone you skip the cart. My natural thought is..." I can carry all that with no problem." usually I see other stuff and it becomes a game of how in the world will I carry this crap. Maybe it is because I rarely go since my wife is the grocery shopper. I don't know... but a cart for 10 items is stupid to me.

And.. when do you go with the basket?

The kid is irrelevant. I only use a basket if I'm getting 4-5 small things or less, otherwise I use a cart, because that's what they are there for. If I'm grabbing a couple things in and out I won't bother with a cart but otherwise I definitely use it.

You never have and never will see or hear me says the words "I'm better than you" or anyone else. If I choose not to go to Walmart because of the nasty ass people or trash that walks through that place then that's my choice.

It's just like certain restaurants. I went to Longhorn's Steakhouse a couple months ago. The food wasn't terrible but I'll never go again because of the type of people that were there that night. I immediately went home and took a shower.
With anti-bacterial soap!!!

Interesting how no one on this board has more than a 33" waist, wears the finest in men's clothing/undergarments/socks, never eats at fast food restaurants, can grow a full grown beard in one day, grills their local butcher cut steaks on top of the line grills, works out everyday of the week, are in relationships with women that would never rate less than a 10, and would never set foot in a Walmart!

With that being said I shop at the local Walmart which I would compare to a Target store in terms of appearance but better and more efficient at checkouts. Walmart simply has the best prices on your grocery items and staples. For veggies, fruits (except oranges), and meats I typically go elsewhere. But I shop at several grocery stores Kroger, Food Lion, Martin's which is being bought out by Publix, and to a lesser degree Whole Foods, Wegman's, and Fresh Market.

Interesting how no one on this board has more than a 33" waist, wears the finest in men's clothing/undergarments/socks, never eats at fast food restaurants, can grow a full grown beard in one day, grills their local butcher cut steaks on top of the line grills, works out everyday of the week, are in relationships with women that would never rate less than a 10, and would never set foot in a Walmart!

With that being said I shop at the local Walmart which I would compare to a Target store in terms of appearance but better and more efficient at checkouts. Walmart simply has the best prices on your grocery items and staples. For veggies, fruits (except oranges), and meats I typically go elsewhere. But I shop at several grocery stores Kroger, Food Lion, Martin's which is being bought out by Publix, and to a lesser degree Whole Foods, Wegman's, and Fresh Market.
Many folks on this board feel they have to lie to impress internet friends. I'm honest

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
I am a District Manager for Kroger. I can tell where most of you live just by your replies to this thread. A few notes:
- Kroger owns over 30 banners. Most states have a Kroger banner operating in it. If not they might have a C-store.
- Teeter is slowly transitioning but does not operate separately. Their former CEO is now a VP at our general office. Smart guy. Most banners that we buy keep the name. Name recognition it worth much more than it would cost to change.
- Kroger Click List is going to put a lot of companies out of business.
- Uber and Lyft will begin delivery for Kroger in 2018.
- Publix is a solid competitor in Georgia and SC but that's it. Good store. But they don't make money.
- Wegmens is a quality store. Love going there when I'm in NY.
- Wal-Mart is the only company that we compete with in terms of EBITDA. Everyone else is the equivalent of a Sunbelt team playing against Clemson or Bama.

@johnhugh your traveling vasoline is growing on me.

@kingkyle1008 we need to talk about what you want to do. I can't believe I've played 2 years of fantasy baseball with you and didn't know you worked at BiLo.

Flame away...

Sorry but I'm confused as to where you might live. I didn't think there was a state that has a Kroger, Wegmans, Food Lion and Whole Foods. Not doubting you. Just curious.

Sorry but I'm confused as to where you might live. I didn't think there was a state that has a Kroger, Wegmans, Food Lion and Whole Foods. Not doubting you. Just curious.
Metro Richmond area. I believe we have more grocery stores per capita than any other metro area in the country. I read that somewhere. We also have Aldi, Trader Joe's, Fresh Market .....not to mention 2 Costcos, at least 2 Sam's, and 2 BJ's. Had a great local chain called Ukrop's that once dominated the market, but they sold out to Giant and renamed their stores Martins about 6 or 7 years ago. Several Martins have been bought out and will transition into Publix which will be new to our market.

I think its been established the OP has horrible taste in beer, but this picture confirms it. Angry Orchard...........SMH

Northern Virginia?
No. Grew up in Richmond and bagged groceries in high school there part time in high school between sports and summer beach trips. Kind of funny, but it was a prestigious job to have as a kid. They had the best prepared foods, cakes, cookies, meats, labeled canned goods. They were legit. Sadly were bought out. Thankfully their White House Rolls live on.

I LOL at anyone who says they don't ever shop at Wal Mart. That's fvcking hogwash and you know it. At some point you've gone in there for a box of shotgun shells, some toiletries, some groceries, some random electronic or printer cartridge, or some fugging household item like a new coffee maker or trash can.

Sure, there's a lot of white trash at Wal Mart. That doesn't mean Wal Mart isn't a necessity.

Reactions: scott in nashville
Publix
Parents sent me some money so I could feed myself and I took a little trip to Walmart

86675810-22C3-4C8C-856D-5EC79E22D343_zps1btpcbgp.jpg
Publix for me. BiLo for my wife. Costco if we are having company. Lowes Food if I'm in Greer. Greenville is getting in the Harris Teeter game soon and I'll go there some.

Walmart Neighborhood Market has Walmart prices w/o the same clientele. Food Lion always has manager markdowns on steak and chicken that we just throw in the freezer.

In order of preference:

1. Wegmans
2. Harris Teeter
3. Giant
4 Safeway

Wegmans is the bomb. I think you could literally move into a Wegmans and live there for 5 or 6 days and not get caught. Its a hike here to get to it, but its truly and experience. Its like going shopping for food in a Saks. However, it could use more staffing on busy days.

Harris Teeter is just really strong. Clean and well merchandised and has all the stuff we want.

Giant is kind of crappy but its close and it has a ton of self check out lines and so I can get in and out fast. But the butcher there is real helpful and he will totally go cut me anything I want from the back and that counts big time, so if Grilling beef I go there or to the Organic Butcher around the corner which is pricey but again, my guy will cut what I want.

Safeway just sucks. It's as close as Giant but never seems to have more than two registers open with no self checkouts. Crappy merchandising, poor lighting, no staff.

If you have the time.... it's very prudent and will definitely save you money.

Walmart is much cheaper for canned goods, chips, etc. However, the opposite of Publix, where shopping is a pleasure. Walmart- where shopping makes your blood pressure rise. ( esp when you attempt checkout with 50 registers, 2 of which are open, even at Christmas, with 40 people in line. )

I've never understood why Walmart has 400 checkout lanes and only 4 of them open.

I am a District Manager for Kroger. I can tell where most of you live just by your replies to this thread. A few notes:
- Kroger owns over 30 banners. Most states have a Kroger banner operating in it. If not they might have a C-store.
- Teeter is slowly transitioning but does not operate separately. Their former CEO is now a VP at our general office. Smart guy. Most banners that we buy keep the name. Name recognition it worth much more than it would cost to change.
- Kroger Click List is going to put a lot of companies out of business.
- Uber and Lyft will begin delivery for Kroger in 2018.
- Publix is a solid competitor in Georgia and SC but that's it. Good store. But they don't make money.
- Wegmens is a quality store. Love going there when I'm in NY.
- Wal-Mart is the only company that we compete with in terms of EBITDA. Everyone else is the equivalent of a Sunbelt team playing against Clemson or Bama.

@johnhugh your traveling vasoline is growing on me.

@kingkyle1008 we need to talk about what you want to do. I can't believe I've played 2 years of fantasy baseball with you and didn't know you worked at BiLo.

Flame away...
Yea man I'm just leaving now. I never realized you worked at Kroger. Had I known I would have hit you up sooner. I'm about to send you a message in a few minutes

Reactions: Tigers&Bravos
Fresh Market (closest) - $2.99 Tuesdays for beef & chicken, $3.99 lb of bacon with 2nd pound free on Saturday, alcohol, desserts
Trader Joes (second closest - but those ****ers don't even have tinfoil and ziplocks) for vegetables, fruit, cheese, kid's lunches, and alcohol
Aldi (which owns Trader Joes) for the best deal on canned goods, paper plates, pasta, rice, tinfoil, ziplocks, 2nd half of kid's lunches
Target - paper towels, Kodiak pancakes, toilet paper
Aldi is 5 minutes from me and I go there once a week. Best produce prices around. Private label things for cheap. Also they have this salsa that is in a clear tub that is shaped like a butter tub. That stuff is the best I have ever eaten. I also get my snacks for work there. I go where ever the sales on meat are taking place other than Aldi. Aldi has its cons but for me, being single, the pros outweigh the cons 10x over.

Reactions: WoooNattyChamps
ADVERTISEMENT