ADVERTISEMENT

Who is this Noble guy?

Re: Scartiger

Thanks SDTiger9. I've been just saying exactly what was his sermon. I don't dislike anyone or NS at all just don't agree with his teaching. Tommy Bowden use to go to our church but it does make me wonder why Dabo goes to that church. Before anyone jumps on me I do really like Dabo as a person and coach.

RodNHe

I do not assume when anyone questions PN that it is hatred. I can't answer for anyone else. I believed Scartiger to have hatred in his responses due to the language used.

I do not have a seminary degree and i have never tried to read hebrew. I do however read my bible every day. I have studied the original greek language but by no means truly understand it. I do know however that there are plenty of greek words or phrases that we don't have good translations for in english. That is why in different translations you see different wordings and phrases.

I just have a hard time believing that a man that seeks God (i believe that PN actually tries to seek God and follow Jesus) would just make some stuff up knowing that all the detractors will be waiting and watching to crucify him.

I have looked at various websites that comment on the original hebrew and i do believe that the words used there have some potential variations in translation.

PN did not seek to abolish the 10 commandments or make new ones up. He was trying to apply them thru the lens of Jesus Christ which is how all of the old testament should be applied.

I just believe there are better ways of showing that you love people than tearing them down on the internet. We are called to love.

Potatoes...I have been to Newspring a dozen or so times over the years. I have watched dozens more of Perry's sermons online, and for the most part have appreciated his passion for presenting the gospel.

I don't consider myself a hater, in fact my church uses the Kidspring curriculum that NS graciously puts online, etc.

I have led small groups in Perry's discipleship study, and I have good friends on staff.

That being said, your boy jumped the shark on this one. Not only was it the worst delivered sermon he ever gave, it made no sense, and had zero scriptural or theological basis.

He basically took his misinterpretation from a conversation with a Hebrew cab driver and decided to tell his church that the 10 commandments weren't commandments. He didn't slip up and accidently say that. The main idea of the whole sermon was to say these aren't really rules.

Hear me out...he said the 10 commandments, the basis of THE LAW, weren't rules.

He flipping made up his own random set of promises to conveniently create a platform for him to preach a "best of" sermon hitting all his favorite points.

It was sad. I felt sick after I watched it. It was so out of the ordinary, even for him, that I know his inner circle of yes men were mortified.

He went too far this time bro, and I am afraid it is a sign that he is losing it.

I apologize for judging you. I was only trying to judge your posts not you as an individual. I believe the way you attack like you have, is from something more than just being upset or offended. I could be wrong. I do apologize though for judging you.

I did watch the sermon. Several times in fact. I have sought out the scriptures and have tried to understand hebrew on my own. A simple google search engine won't really work here. I have asked several people i know that teach at a seminary here in columbia what they thought about it and they were not alarmed at all.

No sir. They have an outside accounting firm audit them every year. Not making anything up.

Originally posted by Ron Munson:
Originally posted by Taylors_Tiger:
This is the first time in my life that I have heard anyone discuss new commandments. Did God just all of a sudden decide that Noble should be the one to share these and him only? How come God hasn't lead the millions of other followers to the same new commandments.

perry Noble straight up said the N word in a sermon. Guys a white as can be southern pastor straight up said the N word during s service with a hoodie and Jean jacket on. How can anyone think that is ok.

That is actually a brilliant point. I would love for someone to ask PN this question.
This hits on the most pivotal point of what PN had to say (and seems to be the least discussed point so far). PN says he had God speak directly to him. These are not PN words, but God's words. Now, you are either forced to believe that or to not believe it.

sdtiger9

i'm not sure i called anyone an idiot. you may not have been referencing me though.

I'm not defending the church, it needs no defense. I'm merely trying to help people see an alternate point

Re: RodNHe

Poates6 can you show me language that was hatred that I use I'm sorry if I offended you. Do you think it's appropriate for Perry to say Damn from the pulpit in the way he used it?

Attended the Greenville NS location with my daughter one time last Spring (she attends there now) at her request. When he referenced the "owners of the church" that's all I needed to hear. It felt very much like a cult like environment to me.

haymond, I have never met you, but you seem like a good person. You are correct, it is Bible to tithe. I would never question tithing. I have never been to NS and will not pretend to know what PN teaches about tithing.

1000's of kids go to FL and get saved by NS.

A church nor it's Pastor can save 1000's of kids. I know what you meant, NS does good and young people accept Christ in FL. Believe it or not there are some who believe that Churches and Pastors have that authority. Jesus said "No man can come to me, except the Father which sent me draw him"

Re: RodNHe

I just believe there are better ways of showing that you love people than tearing them down on the internet. We are called to love.

PalmIII is an idiot

this just made my night. Thanks for sharing your love. (And don't come back with this is an old salutation.) You we're mean enough then, you are preaching the nonsense now. Send me pics of Perry's McMansion.

tigerjl

Hey man,

I don't think he was seeking to abolish THE LAW at all, rather he was seeking to see it thru the lens of Jesus. This is how all the law and the prophets should be seen.

I believe he preached Christ. i know many people crossed over from darkness to life because of the sermon that was preached. Hear me out, Jesus saved people thru those words he preached.

The application of the law thru the promises of Christ is not in contradiction to any scripture at all. Saying the promise in Christ is that you will always have what you need therefore do not steal is great application.

He may be losing it. He is just a man, but i believe the attacks on this board and social media are awesome because they give people the opportunity to continue to preach Christ. That is awesome!!!

Originally posted by SDTiger9:
So the guy in this thread that is defending the church and preaching about love and that everyone should love is the guy calling out another poster for being an idiot.

Let me guess..... We all make mistakes in the eyes of the Chief Noble. Please forgive me while Perry rakes in as much as the CUAD.

Well PN has openly called people stupid, idiots, and that they suck at life on stage, during service. So that is acceptable I guess

Originally posted by RodnHe:
haymond, I have never met you, but you seem like a good person. You are correct, it is Bible to tithe. I would never question tithing. I have never been to NS and will not pretend to know what PN teaches about tithing.

1000's of kids go to FL and get saved by NS.

A church nor it's Pastor can save 1000's of kids. I know what you meant, NS does good and young people accept Christ in FL. Believe it or not there are some who believe that Churches and Pastors have that authority. Jesus said "No man can come to me, except the Father which sent me draw him"
I agree. And I should watch my words there. NS does the Gantlet and kids grow closer to God. I went to something called CHRYSALIS when I was 15 and really grew closer to God.

SDTiger9

Thats great! It is old. I need to figure out how to take it down. You are right, i was mean enough to put it on back then. I was wrapped up in my own arrogance and pride.

I really do appreciate you pointing this out though because now i can take it down.

I don't have any pics of Perry's house. I also loved that you called it nonsense. Thats what it is to those who don't understand it. You are right on!

Re: sdtiger9

Always, and I mean always, be leery of any person that claims God spoke to them in order to relay a message. Claims of that nature usually end in disaster. I can deal with someone who says "felt led" or "it was layed on my heart" but when someone claims God directly spoke to me and wants me to tell you this or that you need to distance yourself from that person, especially when it comes to God's word.

I have news for Mr. Noble.....God didn't make a mistake with what was written in the bible and he doesn't need anyone to tell us what he really meant 5000 years later. It's scary that people are trying to defend this.

scartiger

False prophet. Has his own 10 commandments. I don't care if they give a backpack and shoes to everyone in America his teaching of the BIBLE is wrong.

Calling someone a false prophet and then saying you don't care about the love and charity newspring does just seemed like a lot of hate in your post.

A false prophet is a very heavy claim to lay on someone. Seems like there is something burning deep inside to throw that around.

Again thats just what i read when i read your post. I wasn't seeking to judge you just the words you wrote

For every person he brings into his church, there are at least 10 who will never go to any church or take religion seriously because of him. He could make a good Baptist turn Catholic.

tigerjl

Do i know you? Potatoes is an old nickname i had at clemson.

I get the promises part I do...and while I think he did a horrible job of tying those promises to the actual Bible, I don't have a problem with the promises approach to the new covenant, etc.

I do have a problem with him saying the commandments are not commandments and flippantly discrediting them. That was a total misrepresentation of the scripture and manipulation of his audience...many of whom take his word as the gospel.

Here's what I think happened...perry wasn't happy with the video sermon. The music wasn't great, there wasn't an emotional response, people weren't making decisions....so he felt like he needed to mix it up.

He wasn't prepared, put this together last minute, and his team didn't have time to vet the sermon and tell him he was off base.

I don't think he is the anti-Christ. I don't doubt people who never heard the gospel did that night and God worked DESPITE Perry.

I do think you owe it to yourself to really question that sermon and what it says about your pastor.

Re: sdtiger9

Originally posted by Tigerbomb:
Always, and I mean always, be leery of any person that claims God spoke to them in order to relay a message. Claims of that nature usually end in disaster. I can deal with someone who says "felt led" or "it was layed on my heart" but when someone claims God directly spoke to me and wants me to tell you this or that you need to distance yourself from that person, especially when it comes to God's word.

I have news for Mr. Noble.....God didn't make a mistake with what was written in the bible and he doesn't need anyone to tell us what he really meant 5000 years later. It's scary that people are trying to defend this.
I am not trying to defend this. I just don't hang on every word of your pastor says and pounce when he says something that can be twisted. I do agree it is not smart to change the meaning of the commandments but all of this hate reaks of the pharaohs picking everything Jesus did apart. You leave no choice but for NS owners, members, attendees or whatever we can be called not to get mocked, to be defensive.

I promise I will not try to look up your Church's and pastors sermons and find flaws in them. And as far as the commandments thing, i'm not sure, I don't speak hebrew. He may be wrong on this occasion. Doesn't change my opinion of NS, PN one bit.

I"m about to be 32. I was at clemson 01-04 for school and 04-06 for work. I played in the FCA band and then was on staff with FCA during the bowden years.

Its funny, i actually am a very critical person. There have been many a sermon that PN has preached that rubbed me the wrong way and i did research on it.

This sermon is one i did research on. I do question almost all of the time. People that know me know that they have to put up with that part of me. It drives my wife nuts most of the time.

I will rewatch the sermon again because i'm just not seeing what some of you on here are. Maybe i'm losing my edge.

haymond1977

That is very well said sir! (or could be ma'am i guess.)

I as well think its crazy to hang on every word and shows a total lack of grace to pounce. I do wonder how people would like it if every sermon their pastor preached were picked apart.

My guess is that would not go so well.

Well said, well said.

Originally posted by haymond1977:
Originally posted by tiger-gal2:
Not a ton of PN defenders anymore. The guy has done and said a lot of dumb things.
I'm a supporter. I love NS and Perry is okay too. I think he is probably a dick and probably pretty pretentious. I just love how NS does Church and really like the guest speakers that come as well. Andy Stanley, Stephen Furdict, Caleb... so on.

I grew up a Methodist minister's son. He was a complete fraud and an asshole. Church loved him and he could really put on a great front for people. He left my Mother for his secretary and the Church never blinked a damn eye.

Little secret, your pastor is no better or worse than Perry Noble. Don't put your faith in man. Don't really care what people say on here about him. Just proves me right he is not perfect. Would rather know he is a dick then people who are so dang uptight that they have to put a huge front on like they do in most Catholic Churches. I think they have a high number of boy touchers due to not knowing a thing about Father Chester outside Church cause they are taught to act diff. in Church.
Haymond..are you saying the church should have busted him(cause they should have). But from your subsequent post
seems their attitude was same as yours is..that your dads church was somewhere to go to express their faith and give their tithes and not hold the minister accountable. MOST ministers are not like that ...all are human so therefore some stray and mislead but they should be held accountable. No one is to put their faith in a minister or any man, but a minister is a teacher of Gods word and he is accountable to God and his congregation
I personally go to Newspring some in addition to my home church...have heard him use borderline language and even heard him talk about Jesus farting...overlooked that as Perry being real immature. and trying to be cool ..but this latest issue with the 10 commandments is over the top and I may not go back . To say he is going to rephrase them to help people change their lives might have been OK...but to say they are not commandments and God told him to rewrite them is JUST about the Stupidest thing I have heard from the pulpit.

Santee

So are you telling me that you don't think Jesus farted while alive over 30 years on this earth?

Also PN did not say God told him to rewrite the commandments.

This stuff is getting so twisted its not funny

Re: scartiger

Poates6 that's a great thing NS does to school children I was just trying to make a point that doesn't offset the false teaching of the BIBLE. You talking about peoples souls for eternity. I just hope all the ones being saved isn't going on a feeling of how the rock star like sermons makes them feel instead of a relationship they have with Jesus. And yes the word command came from the theological Hebrew definition I gave in a earlier post. They are commands and commandments through out the Bible whether Perry believes them or not. And I love you and everyone at NS I just don't agree with his interpretation of the BIBLE.

Haymond and Poates6 seems like you two attend NS on a regular basis. You two seem solid and want what is right. I am glad the mods let this discussion continue. I believe PN treads on very dangerous grounds with some of his sermons. I wouldn't choose to attend NS, but don't think less of those who do.

It was nice to have a civil discussion. I do ask that you guys or gals stay in God's Word, that is where you will find the truth. I know it can be hard to understand at times. I have been studying it for years and have barley touched the surface.
This post was edited on 1/4 11:00 PM by RodnHe

Originally posted by santee:
Originally posted by haymond1977:
Originally posted by tiger-gal2:
Not a ton of PN defenders anymore. The guy has done and said a lot of dumb things.
I'm a supporter. I love NS and Perry is okay too. I think he is probably a dick and probably pretty pretentious. I just love how NS does Church and really like the guest speakers that come as well. Andy Stanley, Stephen Furdict, Caleb... so on.

I grew up a Methodist minister's son. He was a complete fraud and an asshole. Church loved him and he could really put on a great front for people. He left my Mother for his secretary and the Church never blinked a damn eye.

Little secret, your pastor is no better or worse than Perry Noble. Don't put your faith in man. Don't really care what people say on here about him. Just proves me right he is not perfect. Would rather know he is a dick then people who are so dang uptight that they have to put a huge front on like they do in most Catholic Churches. I think they have a high number of boy touchers due to not knowing a thing about Father Chester outside Church cause they are taught to act diff. in Church.
Haymond..are you saying the church should have busted him(cause they should have). But from your subsequent post
seems their attitude was same as yours is..that your dads church was somewhere to go to express their faith and give their tithes and not hold the minister accountable. MOST ministers are not like that ...all are human so therefore some stray and mislead but they should be held accountable. No one is to put their faith in a minister or any man, but a minister is a teacher of Gods word and he is accountable to God and his congregation
I personally go to Newspring some in addition to my home church...have heard him use borderline language and even heard him talk about Jesus farting...overlooked that as Perry being real immature. and trying to be cool ..but this latest issue with the 10 commandments is over the top and I may not go back . To say he is going to rephrase them to help people change their lives might have been OK...but to say they are not commandments and God told him to rewrite them is JUST about the Stupidest thing I have heard from the pulpit.
Santee in all fairness I did not attend or even view this sermon as I was out of town. If, and I stress if, PN is saying God told him to rewrite them, In those words, I agree this is a pretty dumb thing for him to say. How would I go about holding him accountable?

Not trying to be funny but the wife has wanted us to try a smaller Church for a while. We attended a couple of small Churches in Mauldin and the content was so vanilla and meaningless that someone should hold them accountable for meaningless messages.

I hear what you are saying but what should I do as member? Shoot an email?

Originally posted by RodnHe:
Haymond and Poates6 seems like you two attend NS on a regular basis. You two seem solid and want what is right. I am glad the mods let this discussion continue. I believe PN treads on very dangerous grounds with some of his sermons. I wouldn't choose to attend NS, but don't think less of those who do.

It was nice to have a civil discussion. I do ask that you guys or gals stay in God's Word, that is where you will find the truth. I know it can be hard to understand at times. I have been studying it for years and have barley touched the surface.
This post was edited on 1/4 11:00 PM by RodnHe
Thanks RodnHe. The hardest thing in my life today is understanding what God's will is for me and my family. We stay in the word and pray for clarity. I know everyone on TI are not believers, but it is nice to hear from those who are.

I just watched this sermon, I have never been to NewSpring but do know a few people who work there. This guy is full potato... basically he took something some old man told him and taught it like it was scripture. Potato

LOL at Perry Noble. Newspring is more of a cult than a church and I really can't understand why anyone would go there. On top of him distorting the Bible's teachings to benefit his own financial gain, he is simply a prick.....refuses to preside over marriages and funerals of church members (or owners if you are wacky). Tells me all I need to know.

Check out the link....calls Christians who don't tithe a full 10% idiots.

Perry Noble

Re: Santee

Poates,

i appreciate the fact you want to acknowledge my calling out of the hypocrisy of your posts. Please, no need. You can take that salutation down. All I ask is you seek the truth. No matter how wonderful or disturbing it may be.

If you can take anything my Pastor says from the pulpit and find that it doesn't line up 100% with the bible, please do. That should never, ever, ever happen, ever. That's why they call it a "sacred desk".

Originally posted by acwill07:
LOL at Perry Noble. Newspring is more of a cult than a church and I really can't understand why anyone would go there. On top of him distorting the Bible's teachings to benefit his own financial gain, he is simply a prick.....refuses to preside over marriages and funerals of church members (or owners if you are wacky). Tells me all I need to know.

Check out the link....calls Christians who don't tithe a full 10% idiots.
That's the first time I've watched this after hearing about him saying that and that's absolutely pathetic. He has people brainwashed. Not that I care but since when did pastors start wearing acdc looking shirts while giving a sermon?

Re: Santee

Originally posted by poates6:
So are you telling me that you don't think Jesus farted while alive over 30 years on this earth?

Also PN did not say God told him to rewrite the commandments.

This stuff is getting so twisted its not funny
No ,I specifically said that I let that go but thought it was immature to put such in a sermon...which it is.

ADVERTISEMENT