ADVERTISEMENT

Who is this Noble guy?

scartiger, from your previous comments, I have a hunch of where you attend. There are many good people there and your Pastor is a fine man of God. Preaches the Word and makes no apologies.

Originally posted by Ron Munson:

Originally posted by scartiger:
RodnHe I don't know any true man of God that would use the N or the D (cuss word) in the pulpit or any where else for that matter. And those are commandments telling us not to do those things.
What about calling people "idiots" because they want to study the Bible deeper? or Calling people "stupid" for questioning tithing? Or telling people they "suck at life" because they don't like the music style at NewSpring?

Or playing Highway to Hell as an opening song?

Or tell people not to invite him over for dinner because he doesn't want to "sit around a table with people that make me uncomfortable and eat food I don't like"
this is a good post

Here is some scripture I would like to share with PN:

Matthew 6: "Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven. 2 Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 3 But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.

--------------------------------------------------------
James 3: 1 My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment. 2 For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body. 3 Indeed,[a] we put bits in horses' mouths that they may obey us, and we turn their whole body. 4 Look also at ships: although they are so large and are driven by fierce winds, they are turned by a very small rudder wherever the pilot desires.

--------------------------------------------------------
2 Corinthians 9: 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.

What commandment says don't curse? I curse and I'm a Godly man. How bout don't judge lest you be judged or does that not apply to you? Truth is you hold earthly deeds valuable and it's very sad. You would be the first one to deny Christ for having a murderer or a tax collector walking with him. Just sad.

RodnHe I don't mind at all saying where I go to church at. It's not a perfect church cause they are none. But I know our preacher preaches the Bible the way it should be and I know his heart is in the right place. Rock Springs Baptist Church. Anyone can go online and watch the sermons and if anyone can show me what is not biblical correct I'll be glad to listen.

Haymond because you asked. This is not a shot at you just wanted to share. Most likely all of us have said a "cuss" word, but we shouldn't. There is no "commandment not to "cuss". The verse you used, is miss used so much. To judge someone, is to say that person is beyond salvation and will never be a believer. Only God can judge. I get, we do see our brothers mote and forget about our beam way to often.

Ephesians 5

3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting

Matthew 15

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies

Originally posted by haymond1977:
What commandment says don't curse? I curse and I'm a Godly man. How bout don't judge lest you be judged or does that not apply to you? Truth is you hold earthly deeds valuable and it's very sad. You would be the first one to deny Christ for having a murderer or a tax collector walking with him. Just sad.
As fellow believers we are also instructed to rebuke and hold each other accountable. If I knew PN personally I would definitely say something to him about saying that. What comes out of your mouth is an overflow of the heart. All this tells me is that he says that more than on occasion.

Not judging him, because like you said, we all slip up from time to time, but cussing, saying offensive things, etc. should not be tolerated from a fellow believer, much less a preacher.

Ephesians 4:29
Don't
use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and
helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear
them.

Originally posted by Ron Munson:
TigerBomb is 100% accurate on his views on tithing. The 10% is old Jewish law and not part of the New Covenant. Go read Corinthians.

Church's need your money so of course they are going to pump the 10% rule.
What's your authority on this? Your skepticism about giving money to the church?

Originally posted by tiger-gal2:
When the congregation of a church has to backpedal and make excuses for its leader, that's not a good sign. Perry Noble does a lot of things that are contradictory to what is taught in the Bible. For some reason his followers rush to defend his behavior and rationalize it at every turn.
Sorry, but this is a ridiculous argument. I haven't been to NewSpring in over 10 years, but it doesn't take a "follower" of someone to know when people are nit-picking for little things to criticize somebody. You don't get to continually bring up criticisms of somebody and then turn around and characterize any disagreement with what you say as a "rush to defend."

Originally posted by Tigerbomb:

Originally posted by camcgee:

Originally posted by acwill07:
LOL at Perry Noble. Newspring is more of a cult than a church and I really can't understand why anyone would go there. On top of him distorting the Bible's teachings to benefit his own financial gain, he is simply a prick.....refuses to preside over marriages and funerals of church members (or owners if you are wacky). Tells me all I need to know.

Check out the link....calls Christians who don't tithe a full 10% idiots.
PN is way off base with his tithing teaching. I love how he glosses over the "Old Testament Law" argument and goes straight into "it was a principle that was established by Cain and Able". Read your bible again Perry.

The truth is we are told give cheerfully and help those in need. We are told to look into our hearts and decide how much to give. This nonsense that it is 10% because it was established in the Old Testament is just false.

Its even more sickening that PN insinuates that you will be punished in some way if you don't give 10% of your money. The bible is crystal clear that "giving" is not just money.

So much fail in that rant and how arrogant for him to say "you don't want to play the bible game with me."
Actually, what you're saying is a minority view among orthodox Christians. You might want to re-check your theology, because you're the one that's heterodox.
Wrong. If you can point to a place in the Bible where Jesus says give 10% I will gladly change my view on tithing. Jesus replaced the old law.

The truth is Jesus said you should give up everything you own to follow him. He didn't bring up the old law and say give me 10%. It is written that you should find in your own heart what you can give and do so cheerfully. For some that may be 1% and for others that may be 90%. The 10% is a weak attempt by modern preachers to guilt you into tithing.

I am not advocating not tithing. I tithe myself. We are commanded to give by Jesus. We are not commanded by him to give 10% or face the consequences. That is what PN and prosperity preachers like him are trying convince members to believe.
Jesus doesn't "replace" the old law, he fulfills it. This is why you can't simply say pick through what Jesus says in the NT and discard everything he didn't say. I don't recall Jesus saying anything about God being a Trinity, either. Heck, he didn't even say anything about whether you should cheer for Clemson.

lol-jesus-2_o_2180355.jpg

Originally posted by acwill07:
LOL at Perry Noble. Newspring is more of a cult than a church and I really can't understand why anyone would go there. On top of him distorting the Bible's teachings to benefit his own financial gain, he is simply a prick.....refuses to preside over marriages and funerals of church members (or owners if you are wacky). Tells me all I need to know.

Check out the link....calls Christians who don't tithe a full 10% idiots.
PN is way off base with his tithing teaching. I love how he glosses over the "Old Testament Law" argument and goes straight into "it was a principle that was established by Cain and Able". Read your bible again Perry.

The truth is we are told give cheerfully and help those in need. We are told to look into our hearts and decide how much to give. This nonsense that it is 10% because it was established in the Old Testament is just false.

Its even more sickening that PN insinuates that you will be punished in some way if you don't give 10% of your money. The bible is crystal clear that "giving" is not just money.

So much fail in that rant and how arrogant for him to say "you don't want to play the bible game with me."
Actually, what you're saying is a minority view among orthodox Christians. You might want to re-check your theology, because you're the one that's heterodox.
Wrong. If you can point to a place in the Bible where Jesus says give 10% I will gladly change my view on tithing. Jesus replaced the old law.

The truth is Jesus said you should give up everything you own to follow him. He didn't bring up the old law and say give me 10%. It is written that you should find in your own heart what you can give and do so cheerfully. For some that may be 1% and for others that may be 90%. The 10% is a weak attempt by modern preachers to guilt you into tithing.

I am not advocating not tithing. I tithe myself. We are commanded to give by Jesus. We are not commanded by him to give 10% or face the consequences. That is what PN and prosperity preachers like him are trying convince members to believe.
Jesus doesn't "replace" the old law, he fulfills it. This is why you can't simply say pick through what Jesus says in the NT and discard everything he didn't say. I don't recall Jesus saying anything about God being a Trinity, either. Heck, he didn't even say anything about whether you should cheer for Clemson.
I'm not sure what you're saying or how if refutes the other poster, but he is correct in saying that Jesus didn't say give 10%. The only NT verses on tithing talks about to give cheerfully and/or according to your income.

Yes, Jesus did fulfill the law, so what is the result of that?

We are no longer bound by the law because of Jesus and his ultimate sacrifice.

2 Corinthians 9:7

7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, http://biblia.com/bible/esv/2 Corinthians 9.7#footnote1God loves a cheerful giver.

I think we're missing a big photoshop opportunity here. However, since I'm photoshop illiterate, I will offer these images as possible starting points.

moses-and-the-ten-commandments-2-GoodSalt-stdas0584.jpg

noble.png

Originally posted by nmerritt11:
Honestly...TAINT is the only reason I keep coming back to thread
Agreed...he finally came through

like always, this thread is FULL OF HYPOCRISY.
I wish the webmasters wouldn't allow slander on this site.
That's all I will say.

Originally posted by Tigris Maximus:
That's all I will say.
Capitalized for maximum effect

That's all I will say.
TAINT does it better

Originally posted by nmerritt11:

That's all I will say.
TAINT does it better
OWNER

Hows that?

That's all I will say.
57779018.jpg

What happens when you repeat what God told you but use bad grammar doing it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT