ADVERTISEMENT

Will people actually cancel or alter their holiday plans?

What's hilarious is that you are arguing "I didnt post asking for prayers because I thought I had covid, I posted asking for prayers because I thought I might get it". That is worse dummy.
I never thought I had it and that’s a FACT. I know Commies don’t do well when faced with a cold hard FACT. You should stick to rock throwing, window smashing and arson.

PS don’t forget to wear a mask and hood. Pussy

Here is how you provide a link: https://clemson.forums.rivals.com/threads/clemson-university-covid-success.212141/post-4175649
5ecee27edc81fed42936207a_1_wachovia.jpg

It was different

1. the wearing a mask the whole time annoyed me but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would but it wasn’t overly hot

2. you can tell this is wearing on the workers. While most were friendly, there were a lot that were visibly annoyed and the mask made it hard for them to hide their eye rolls and demeanor. Met up with a friend that works there and he said they are really missing the college program and the young energy. He did manage to get me fresh linens which they aren’t doing beds currently and room clean is every other day so that was nice

3. Can only do one park a day. I suggest if you’re planning on going book bow because parks, especially Hollywood Studios are selling out reservations and we talked to several who didn’t get a day there and the new Star Wars shit is bad ass

4. wait times for rides not bad at all and crowds are small

5. not really supposed to walk around with a drink but they are not too bad about it if you pull mask down, take a drink and put it right back up but they do enforce the mask thing pretty annoyingly. My 17 year old was constantly getting yell at by the mask police for not having it over his nose sir just pulled down entirely

Overall we had a good time. Need help planning or have any questions let me know. My wife would be happy to book it for ya and answer any questions www.luxeandwander.com

I wouldn’t do it again under Covid restrictions but not unhappy at all about doing it. Not having a meal plan available was the worst part because we spent more on food and alcohol than on the trip I think

Reactions: Tiger-lo
Of course not. Our family has been getting together for literally hundreds of years in SC for every Holiday and this year that will not change. No different than this past Easter and the 4th - and again at Christmas and New Years.

Hopefully people with underlying conditions 100% protect themselves and take all precautions.

But I also hope that healthy people use the holiday weekend to re-connect and enjoy being around friends and family. 2020 been rough enough.

Im looking forward to our family and friends getting together.

Really wish our nation would get away from the extremes. We can protect people and still somewhat live our lives

I don't know what your family looks like, but in my family, if everyone with an underlying condition stayed home to protect themselves, no one would be there. Obesity. Heart disease. Diabetes. High blood pressure. Immune compromised people. People with lung issues from smoking...

• Haha
Reactions: BigTimeTiger
I don't know what your family looks like, but in my family, if everyone with an underlying condition stayed home to protect themselves, no one would be there. Obesity. Heart disease. Diabetes. High blood pressure. Immune compromised people. People with lung issues from smoking...
People in my family have cancer, hepatitis, STDs, renal failure, Morgellon’s disease, chronic fatigue, lupus, cancer, common colds, broken bones, lymphedema, obdormition, sphenopalatine gangloneuralgia. And that’s just to name a few

I’m curious if this is just a bunch of news BS or if people will actually not see their family around the holidays? If so, talk about incredibly pathetic.
I've declined to spend time with my family for the holidays. I making a pilgrimage to Florida. I'm going to toss smallpox soaked rags on Seminole Nation because I'm a fan of symbolism and genocide and run on sentences.

Will not see any family or friends until 2021. Not worried about us as my wife and I are in good health and our kids should be fine.

Don’t want to take the chance we are carriers to our parents, aunts and uncles who are 60-70 and have various health issues.

Wife works for Atrium health and they are begging employees not to travel. TIFWIW

Reactions: TheValley91
Replies to this thread are not surprising. I get the need to see family, but realize that cases are going to sore up because of family gatherings this week and people will die because of the behavior.

It's stunning how proud many of you seem of this fact.

Yes and No.

We will still be going to my In laws same as usual.
However, we will be smart and try to stay a little farther apart and limit close contact like hugs and hand shakes.
There will be plenty of caution and sanitizing.
I think my MIL wants people to go through the food line by households.

Other than that, it will be normal.
Her family has a big farm so besides eating, I doubt many people will be inside much unless the rain is bad.

Replies to this thread are not surprising. I get the need to see family, but realize that cases are going to sore up because of family gatherings this week and people will die because of the behavior.

It's stunning how proud many of you seem of this fact.

to me it is stunning so many people are willing to let the government control every aspect of their life. Everyone adult has the ability to make decisions for themselves. If a family thinks they can get together, have a nice Thanksgiving, social distance, wash hands, and keep the gathering spot sanitized properly to not spread Covid that is their right.

If people do not have that ability, that’s on them. I have continued to live life normally and that has been my choice. I will continue to give people their personal space, wear mask where required, wash and sanitize hands regularly, and practice infectious disease measures when working.

I have some how continued to do happy hours, meetings, travel, hang with my friends and family and have not gotten it. Outside of healthcare workers I know 2 who have obtained it. Neither very symptomatic. Bored as hell during quarantine was there worst symptom.

I don feel like not wanting to be stripped of my liberties and decision making by the government is stunning. I think that’s my right.

The numbers are gonna go up until some big pharmaceutical company or two gets a huge contract for an approved vaccine. Just like Abbott, BD, and others who have approved COVID tests are getting rich as hell right now with all the forced testing while small business struggle to make ends meet and are either losing money, shutting down, or barely keeping their head above water.

The stay at home crowd have absolutely zero making them go out into public or have gatherings.

to me it is stunning so many people are willing to let the government control every aspect of their life. Everyone adult has the ability to make decisions for themselves. If a family thinks they can get together, have a nice Thanksgiving, social distance, wash hands, and keep the gathering spot sanitized properly to not spread Covid that is their right.

If people do not have that ability, that’s on them. I have continued to live life normally and that has been my choice. I will continue to give people their personal space, wear mask where required, wash and sanitize hands regularly, and practice infectious disease measures when working.

I have some how continued to do happy hours, meetings, travel, hang with my friends and family and have not gotten it. Outside of healthcare workers I know 2 who have obtained it. Neither very symptomatic. Bored as hell during quarantine was there worst symptom.

I don feel like not wanting to be stripped of my liberties and decision making by the government is stunning. I think that’s my right.

The numbers are gonna go up until some big pharmaceutical company or two gets a huge contract for an approved vaccine. Just like Abbott, BD, and others who have approved COVID tests are getting rich as hell right now with all the forced testing while small business struggle to make ends meet and are either losing money, shutting down, or barely keeping their head above water.

The stay at home crowd have absolutely zero making them go out into public or have gatherings.
Its your hyperbolic posts that people don't agree with. Sure you have the right to decide how you want to spend your time.

I also am exercising my right to be more cautious than you. That doesn't make me pathetic like OP states or that the government decides everything for me. My family and I have weighed the pros and cons like I'm sure you have.

No need to look down upon us or anyone else taking a little more caution. It doesn't mean we are weak, pathetic, controlled by the government or any ridiculous claim you/others might have.

Reactions: dpic73 and jroller
Its your hyperbolic posts that people don't agree with. Sure you have the right to decide how you want to spend your time.

I also am exercising my right to be more cautious than you. That doesn't make me pathetic like OP states or that the government decides everything for me. My family and I have weighed the pros and cons like I'm sure you have.

No need to look down upon us or anyone else taking a little more caution. It doesn't mean we are weak, pathetic, controlled by the government or any ridiculous claim you/others might have.

I do not look down on anyone who is more cautious than I am...I have zero issue with that. I am simply stating that government telling people how many people are allowed at their house for Thanksgiving get together...this is not an attack on people who comply. I know lots of people who opted to not come to my wife's surprise 40th bday party because they felt it was too many people. I still love those people the same and respect their decision

That is completely on them. I thought temp checks and mask all day everyday in Disney was a bit extreme especially when youre standing off with your family not even 30 feet from anyone and someone tells my kids to pull their mask up. If they had a drink in their hand, it would be fine...but no drink, mask up...but guess what...it was my decision to go to Disney, that was their policies, so I complied. But the difference is, that is a business and they can make policies. The government already taxes the shit out of us for our property and now some states think they can determine how many people you have for Thanksgiving

I have no issues with people who practice more precaution than I do. Honestly, I am amazed as much as I have been exposed and out and about that me, nor any of my family, have contracted Covid but I am very diligent about keep distance, using sanitizer, and washing hands. If I shake someone's hands, I sanitize or wash hands. I don't get in anyone's face especially not for 5 minutes or longer.

People have the right to handle Thanksgiving however they want. I will go to my wife's dad's house for lunch with her family and then for dinner her mom, brothers. and that side of the family will comer over and likely my neighbors and maybe my nephew and his wife. We will have fun, we will play games, we will drink, we will laugh...and we will be thankful for a normal Thanksgiving

• Love
I do not look down on anyone who is more cautious than I am...I have zero issue with that. I am simply stating that government telling people how many people are allowed at their house for Thanksgiving get together...this is not an attack on people who comply. I know lots of people who opted to not come to my wife's surprise 40th bday party because they felt it was too many people. I still love those people the same and respect their decision

That is completely on them. I thought temp checks and mask all day everyday in Disney was a bit extreme especially when youre standing off with your family not even 30 feet from anyone and someone tells my kids to pull their mask up. If they had a drink in their hand, it would be fine...but no drink, mask up...but guess what...it was my decision to go to Disney, that was their policies, so I complied. But the difference is, that is a business and they can make policies. The government already taxes the shit out of us for our property and now some states think they can determine how many people you have for Thanksgiving

I have no issues with people who practice more precaution than I do. Honestly, I am amazed as much as I have been exposed and out and about that me, nor any of my family, have contracted Covid but I am very diligent about keep distance, using sanitizer, and washing hands. If I shake someone's hands, I sanitize or wash hands. I don't get in anyone's face especially not for 5 minutes or longer.

People have the right to handle Thanksgiving however they want. I will go to my wife's dad's house for lunch with her family and then for dinner her mom, brothers. and that side of the family will comer over and likely my neighbors and maybe my nephew and his wife. We will have fun, we will play games, we will drink, we will laugh...and we will be thankful for a normal Thanksgiving

I think the challenge here is that decisions have consequences. And your decisions could have consequences for other people. Lets say 50% of families are opting to not get together with big groups this thanksgiving, and the other 50% are like you. If see a huge spike in cases and infection rates because of those people that are opting in like yourself, all of us are going to pay for that. Schools may go back to full digital, sports may be cancelled and shut downs could be inevitable.

We have gotten together twice with our extended family since this began. The difference is this weekend, so many people are going to be doing that at one time. There could be major consequences for everyone.

Reactions: dpic73 and jroller
I think the challenge here is that decisions have consequences. And your decisions could have consequences for other people. Lets say 50% of families are opting to not get together with big groups this thanksgiving, and the other 50% are like you. If see a huge spike in cases and infection rates because of those people that are opting in like yourself, all of us are going to pay for that. Schools may go back to full digital, sports may be cancelled and shut downs could be inevitable.

We have gotten together twice with our extended family since this began. The difference is this weekend, so many people are going to be doing that at one time. There could be major consequences for everyone.

South Carolina has remained opened...today's DHEC numbers

SC:

13,124 beds reporting to DHEC

11,123 inpatient beds
8,486 inpatient beds being utilized
1,686 ICU beds
1,256 ICU beds being utilized

That looks somewhat bad at 74% of ICU beds being used

201 ICU beds being used by COVID patients
809 inpatient beds being utilized by Covid

438 ventilators being used of the 1,934 available
93 are COVID patients

Hospital numbers are way down and the COVID numbers are very low...

We can report cases all day long...and people can continue to try and shut everything down and think that is the answer. Fact is digital school and cancelling sports does nothing but hurt people without the resources to thrive in that area. More time to do stupid shit, some with no mentor or parental guidance, some without the ability to e-learn, and this just puts them on the street more. Whether out hanging with friends after they finish their work in 2 hours or on the streets slinging drugs....it is not helping. High school kids are freaking doing their work at night and working during the day. My kids did their school in our car on the way to Disney in 2 hours and then watched movies.

If social distancing and masks work why do we have to shut down. Kids are safer in structured environments that are controlled than running around town like they are now.

You can shut down and hibernate...not me

• Love
South Carolina has remained opened...today's DHEC numbers

SC:

13,124 beds reporting to DHEC

11,123 inpatient beds
8,486 inpatient beds being utilized
1,686 ICU beds
1,256 ICU beds being utilized

That looks somewhat bad at 74% of ICU beds being used

201 ICU beds being used by COVID patients
809 inpatient beds being utilized by Covid

438 ventilators being used of the 1,934 available
93 are COVID patients

Hospital numbers are way down and the COVID numbers are very low...

We can report cases all day long...and people can continue to try and shut everything down and think that is the answer. Fact is digital school and cancelling sports does nothing but hurt people without the resources to thrive in that area. More time to do stupid shit, some with no mentor or parental guidance, some without the ability to e-learn, and this just puts them on the street more. Whether out hanging with friends after they finish their work in 2 hours or on the streets slinging drugs....it is not helping. High school kids are freaking doing their work at night and working during the day. My kids did their school in our car on the way to Disney in 2 hours and then watched movies.

If social distancing and masks work why do we have to shut down. Kids are safer in structured environments that are controlled than running around town like they are now.

You can shut down and hibernate...not me

I dont want to shut down. I have one kid in day care full time and one kid in school full time. We go about our business wearing masks, doing as much outside as we can. We avoid eating in restaurants, we avoid indoor gatherings. We don't want anything to shut down. Sadly it is not my call. If there is a huge spike after thanksgiving, someone else is going to make that decision for you and me.

I dont want to shut down. I have one kid in day care full time and one kid in school full time. We go about our business wearing masks, doing as much outside as we can. We avoid eating in restaurants, we avoid indoor gatherings. We don't want anything to shut down. Sadly it is not my call. If there is a huge spike after thanksgiving, someone else is going to make that decision for you and me.

Won't make it for me. My job is essential and just like the first time around my life will continue on and if I have to start doing driveway happy hours again I will. No one is going to tell me how many people I can host at my house. Come arrest me

• Haha
Won't make it for me. My job is essential and just like the first time around my life will continue on and if I have to start doing driveway happy hours again I will. No one is going to tell me how many people I can host at my house. Come arrest me

Yes, this I will never understand.

nmerritt11: "mask are a joke they dont work!"

me: "what do you for a living?"

nmerritt11: "I sell masks."

Yes, this I will never understand.

nmerritt11: "mask are a joke they dont work!"

me: "what do you for a living?"

nmerritt11: "I sell masks."

ive never said masks don’t work. That has never been about anything. In the beginning I was frustrated because people who didn’t know how to wear mask properly were buying up masks that healthcare workers needed

please don’t put words in my mouth. In the medical field there are mask for different situations

Cloth mask that people don’t wash or sanitize and regularly touch are not really effective.

Never have I said mask didn’t work. I have chose. Not to wear one unless required. My choice...because unless sanitizing or changing them after every encounter they become ineffective.

If mask didn’t work, medical professionals wouldn’t use them in infectious disease protocol but they know how to properly put them on, take them off, dispose off them, de-glove appropriately to limit exposure

I could have made thousands posting on FB I had mask and selling them to every Tom, Dick, and Harry in the beginning of this and price raped them but I chose to ensure my healthcare professionals got them at fair pricing because they actually needed them and not just for Covid.

Big difference...and I don’t just sell mask. I sell pretty much everything. Just because I have a different view on the usage of masks don’t put words in my mouth saying that I don’t believe they work. When used properly, in the right situation they are effective

Just out of curiosity, how many of those on here who say they are traveling have at least taken covid tests?

Go suck on a Richard like a good little puss

That's all you got isn't it? You can't conversate like an adult so you stoop to little kindergarten insults. That's a true sign that you have no self esteem.

You're a board cancer man for real, you offer nothing.

The government isn't doing this. The virus is. Why are you blaming the government for the problems caused by the virus? Seems like a completely misplaced thing to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT