ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

Not sure on that. Surprised Poot isn't handling it tho.
If Buster knew his dad did it, why did he testify on his behalf? Wish we could know what’s going through his head. Not sure whether to feel bad for him or not
I’m not sure he would ever own up to Buster that he killed his mom and brother….Buster knows and the trial confirmed what he has been curiously thinking all along….

Told my wife and daughter two years ago that this whole fiasco would be on Dateline and a huge National story. My daughter has watched every possible second of the case in between her college classes. I've told her this is her generation's OJ Simpson trial.

Weird how it's been the "big discussion" in our house for a few weeks, lol.

Told my wife and daughter two years ago that this whole fiasco would be on Dateline and a huge National story. My daughter has watched every possible second of the case in between her college classes. I've told her this is her generation's OJ Simpson trial.

Weird how it's been the "big discussion" in our house for a few weeks, lol.

yeah my wife and I watched all 28 days I am pretty sure. Might have missed a day or two. If we did not watch live, we caught up in the evening. I'd play it in my car on blue tooth when traveling.

My kids watched a decent amount with us

I posted yesterday during Jim's close that I thought he was doing good. But I retract that today, having gone back and watched again. He was bad and I almost felt sorry for him, especially when he was trying to defend Alex's 283 steps from 9:02 to 9:06. It was just brutal to watch.

Would love to hear the inside story one day from Griffin as to how much his earnestness and passion was wiped out upon the two main events 1) Alex admitting he was lying; and 2) Alex taking the stand against the wishes of Griffin.

I look forward to seeing this thread reach another milestone later today ...

picasion.com_de4049ec28971020d91eae19e477e14a.gif

Probably a different take....I think he is definitely guilty and am glad that justice was served, but I had a weird vibe from that press conference from the prosecution team. I get it was a long and complicated case but the attorney general came of as arrogant and wanting to create a charade. Almost like it was for political purposes.

Also bringing in ALL these resources at the states expense, a whole team of outside prosecutors instead of the local whose jurisdiction it is to prosecute. You say that Alex is just like everyone else and not above anyone or the law but then this case is treated like he is. Other double homicides in the area I am sure are not bombarded with the resources at the state and federal level like this one was. Are those families not worth this kind of effort?

I will be the first to admit that I do not know the ins and outs of the legal process, just a layman's opinion from the outside.

Also, I am sure there are tons of good people at SLED that do great work but the constant over the top praising of them them made me queasy. Chief Keel was fined not even a week ago for withholding discovery that would show he lied to a judge when he destroyed a local farmer's crop.

Anyway....looking forward to the next TI MEGA THREAD!

Reactions: RaleighTiger
Probably a different take....I think he is definitely guilty and am glad that justice was served, but I had a weird vibe from that press conference from the prosecution team. I get it was a long and complicated case but the attorney general came of as arrogant and wanting to create a charade. Almost like it was for political purposes.

Also bringing in ALL these resources at the states expense, a whole team of outside prosecutors instead of the local whose jurisdiction it is to prosecute. You say that Alex is just like everyone else and not above anyone or the law but then this case is treated like he is. Other double homicides in the area I am sure are not bombarded with the resources at the state and federal level like this one was. Are those families not worth this kind of effort?

I will be the first to admit that I do not know the ins and outs of the legal process, just a layman's opinion from the outside.

Also, I am sure there are tons of good people at SLED that do great work but the constant over the top praising of them them made me queasy. Chief Keel was fined not even a week ago for withholding discovery that would show he lied to a judge when he destroyed a local farmer's crop.

Anyway....looking forward to the next TI MEGA THREAD!

Of course the AG is going to be political and do some grandstanding; that's just kind of the nature of the beast.

Any other person would've long since been convicted. A hell of a lot of stars had to align to convict this guy and overcome all the advantages and preferential treatment that had been the rule for so long.

If this is, say, 2013 and technology isn't what it is with FaceTime, OnStar, etc., that dude walks. Pretty crazy and scary to think about.

I was also queasy in hearing the AG praise the local police, SLED, etc. Come on man.

Yep.

I'm not a body language expert, but the demeanor of Griffin took a decided turn during and after that.

Almost like he was saying: "I told you, you idiot. Now we're totally cooked."
I thought the same thing, though my view of his demeanor, the tenor of his voice, disorganization just led me to think he became less convicted of what he was doing as each minute from the start of the trial. And perhaps worse, just flat out distracted.

I say that without any point of reference to his standard MO. I’ll be interested to get my father in law’s opinion of it. He’s older, was a year ahead of Harpootllian in law school, but he knows jim, and of him, fairly well , both being on the trial lawyer defense circuit (and Wake grads) and has spoken highly of his ability when I asked him on day 1 of the trial. Just haven’t had a chance to sit down and pick his brain on actual performance thoughts. your observation, as well as mine, is the number 1 question i want to ask my father in law, or if he thinks that’s more or less ‘just how he presents in court’.

Would love to hear the inside story one day from Griffin as to how much his earnestness and passion was wiped out upon the two main events 1) Alex admitting he was lying; and 2) Alex taking the stand against the wishes of Griffin.
I think he realized, especially when Alex decided to take the stand, that he was representing one of the worst human beings to walk this earth.

Alex doubled down on his ability to do the most damage to the most vulnerable, people who thought the most of him, and then turn around, look them in the eye, and lie about it. Not showing a bit, not an ounce of remorse.

I’d love to get an explanation or have a study done to see how a person gets to that point, but it has to have something to do with always believing and being taught that you are better than the people around you. I know his family had celebrated their ability to deceive others. Look at how his grandfather was described and how he could come into court and have the ability to manipulate and change the opinions of the jurors present with his use of his words and emotion. They celebrated that.

I thought it appropriate that he was convicted of murder in a courthouse where his family’s “hero’s” pictures were hanging. I think their very behavior played a part in creating the monster that is Alex Murdaugh. One of the worst human beings to ever walk the earth.

I thought the same thing, though my view of his demeanor, the tenor of his voice, disorganization just led me to think he became less convicted of what he was doing as each minute from the start of the trial. And perhaps worse, just flat out distracted.

I say that without any point of reference to his standard MO. I’ll be interested to get my father in law’s opinion of it. He’s older, was a year ahead of Harpootllian in law school, but he knows jim, and of him, fairly well , both being on the trial lawyer defense circuit (and Wake grads) and has spoken highly of his ability when I asked him on day 1 of the trial. Just haven’t had a chance to sit down and pick his brain on actual performance thoughts. your observation, as well as mine, is the number 1 question i want to ask my father in law, or if he thinks that’s more or less ‘just how he presents in court’.

I really thought Alex was going to crack and give up toward the end of his cross examination.

His body language was just so defeated. Waters did a fantastic job of methodically breaking that dude down.

And of course, his final mic drop (playing the first-responder recording of Alex lying from the very beginning) was an absolute masterstroke.

Of course the AG is going to be political and do some grandstanding; that's just kind of the nature of the beast.

Any other person would've long since been convicted. A hell of a lot of stars had to align to convict this guy and overcome all the advantages and preferential treatment that had been the rule for so long.

I was also queasy in hearing the AG praise the local police, SLED, etc. Come on man.
Yeah to the victor goes the spoils. But I agree that due to the nature of who Alex Murdaugh was and the influence he and his family had over the area for a century, you had to have a top notch team and use all avaliable resources. So I disagree with the other poster's comment that it was an "issue" the attorney general's office used so many resources.

I thought local police did a fairly good job, especially first responders to the scene but I agree that propping up SLED was a bit much for me. Obviously you don't need to criticize in public, especially with such national attention on the state, but you didn't necessarily have to go as far as Wilson did.

I was really happy for Creighton Waters while watching that press conference though. You could tell he was happy and proud and that dude deserves all the credit coming his way.

I think he realized, especially when Alex decided to take the stand, that he was representing one of the worst human beings to walk this earth.

Alex doubled down on his ability to do the most damage to the most vulnerable, people who thought the most of him, and then turn around, look them in the eye, and lie about it. Not showing a bit, not an ounce of remorse.

I’d love to get an explanation or have a study done to see how a person gets to that point, but it has to have something to do with always believing and being taught that you are better than the people around you. I know his family had celebrated their ability to deceive others. Look at how his grandfather was described and how he could come into court and have the ability to manipulate and change the opinions of the jurors present with his use of his words and emotion. They celebrated that.

I thought it appropriate that he was convicted of murder in a courthouse where his family’s “hero’s” pictures were hanging. I think their very behavior played a part in creating the monster that is Alex Murdaugh. One of the worst human beings to ever walk the earth.

It's just all almost too much to believe even in a work of fiction.

All the way down to the last time sounding a lot like "Murder" in the typical Southern pronunciation of the name and term murder.

Would be very curious to hear what he has to say after you've spoken with him. I expected more from Griffin based on what people had said but I could definitely see where he didn't do as well because he eventually didn't believe what he was saying and had felt betrayed by someone he once considered a friend.

Yeah to the victor goes the spoils. But I agree that due to the nature of who Alex Murdaugh was and the influence he and his family had over the area for a century, you had to have a top notch team and use all avaliable resources. So I disagree with the other poster's comment that it was an "issue" the attorney general's office used so many resources.

I thought local police did a fairly good job, especially first responders to the scene but I agree that propping up SLED was a bit much for me. Obviously you don't need to criticize in public, especially with such national attention on the state, but you didn't necessarily have to go as far as Wilson did.

I was really happy for Creighton Waters while watching that press conference though. You could tell he was happy and proud and that dude deserves all the credit coming his way.

Agreed. You simply have to devote every resource you can to convicting this guy. Because what are the costs of him skating and the entire world moving on knowing that blatant corruption won?

Yes, Waters was just beaming. He seems like the genuine article.

Definitely check back in and let us know!

Reactions: yemassee
Interesting to hear 8 guilty, 3 not guilty and 1 undecided was the jury’s first vote and how they were unanimous after only 45 minutes

Reactions: purple2
As bad as Paul was, he did not deserve to be killed in such a brutal manner. Also, Maggie's last moments on this earth were sheer terror. I feel so badly for them both. I do not believe Alex could determine reality from fiction based on his massive drug use and the debilitating effects it has on many parts of the brain.

Waters opening remarks this morning show the insincerity of this whole process. Paul killed a young lady in a boat but waters talks about how lovely and wonderful he was and how he’d do anything for anyone.

All lawyers lie…….

The judge sounds like he wanted the death penalty for Alex. He understands why they didn’t pursue it but it sounds like he wants it.

Reactions: CAPT KIRK
Waters opening remarks this morning show the insincerity of this whole process. Paul killed a young lady in a boat but waters talks about how lovely and wonderful he was and how he’d do anything for anyone.

All lawyers lie…….
Dang man

Reactions: Earle36
Judge is talking to much IMO......guess it is because he knows him and feels sorry for him

Reactions: purple2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT