ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

Both Fox and now CNN have cut away from the trial. Waters seems to be overplaying his card. He may be losing the jury too. I imagine they are ready to get to the evidence about the murders.
My hunch is Waters knew they were going to recess soon and didn’t want to get cut off while they were getting into the murders. Saving that for tomorrow when he has plenty of time to grill him on it.

Dude is lying through his teeth. Repeats every question to give himself time to think of a response. He's probably regretting wanting to testify right now.
I doubt AM regrets it. Clearly he believes himself and so do some on this thread. He only needs ONE doubting juror and I think he'll be get that.

Reactions: RDTiger13
I was in Walterboro today for a Dr appt and decided to check out the courthouse area. Bunch of news trucks - 15 to 20 at least. A bunch of crews on the street near the CH but a pretty quiet scene in spite of today's significance. Didn't see the 1st food truck/trailer. Disappointed my wife b/c she wanted a funnel cake. And we were there right around noon.
Also rode by Moselle on the way home. Nothing to see there.
The locals are ready to get back to normal.
Highlight was Duke's BAR-B-QUE.

My hunch is Waters knew they were going to recess soon and didn’t want to get cut off while they were getting into the murders. Saving that for tomorrow when he has plenty of time to grill him on it.
Maybe so and I hope so, I felt like he wasn’t helping their case. All those jurors are probably tired of all the $$$ talk and he already admitted under oath he committed all financial crimes. They want this trial to move forward so they can get back to their lives. Hopefully he’ll come out throwing bombs at him about the murder straight out the gate.

I doubt AM regrets it. Clearly he believes himself and so do some on this thread. He only needs ONE doubting juror and I think he'll be get that.
Have no doubt there is someone on the jury that believes his bullshit. There are still people in this thread that don’t believe a man could shoot his wife and child even though it’s happened countless times before. The crime scene sounds like it was a disaster and the prosecution hasn’t been perfect, but it’s pretty obvious the man did it. Either him or a 5’2” leprechaun that didn’t leave a trace.

Have no doubt there is someone on the jury that believes his bullshit. There are still people in this thread that don’t believe a man could shoot his wife and child even though it’s happened countless times before. The crime scene sounds like it was a disaster and the prosecution hasn’t been perfect, but it’s pretty obvious the man did it. Either him or a 5’2” leprechaun that didn’t leave a trace.
Mexican Banditos are really short! Right in that 5'2" range.

Maybe so and I hope so, I felt like he wasn’t helping their case. All those jurors are probably tired of all the $$$ talk and he already admitted under oath he committed all financial crimes. They want this trial to move forward so they can get back to their lives. Hopefully he’ll come out throwing bombs at him about the murder straight out the gate.
Yeah I thought he was making a good point on the financial stuff but the point was made and he just kept going and kept going when it was clear Alex was just gonna keep giving the same canned answer. I think he could have mentioned the quadriplegic and the 2 girls whose mother died and made the point that Alex lied to and stole from these people who are really sympathetic and then moved on.

He’s gotta get into the meat of it early. I bet defense attys work with Alex tonight on not talking so much. Every time Waters paused Alex just felt like he had to fill the silence and started jabbering. Gotta nip that in the bud If you’re the defense.

Yeah I thought he was making a good point on the financial stuff but the point was made and he just kept going and kept going when it was clear Alex was just gonna keep giving the same canned answer. I think he could have mentioned the quadriplegic and the 2 girls whose mother died and made the point that Alex lied to and stole from these people who are really sympathetic and then moved on.

He’s gotta get into the meat of it early. I bet defense attys work with Alex tonight on not talking so much. Every time Waters paused Alex just felt like he had to fill the silence and started jabbering. Gotta nip that in the bud If you’re the defense.
It’s funny you say about jabbering, I was wondering on one hand “give him enough rope” and let him talk? On the other side I was wondering if Waters wouldn’t want to stop that and not let him control the narrative. When you give a Professional bull$h!ter enough time he just may make sense after listening to it long enough. Then again he may let something slip

Trial lawyer expert on WIS News said that once a defendant starts testifying, his lawyers CANNOT coach or instruct him on what to say or prepare him for what might be asked.

Not sure how often lawyers try to do that, but the expert was emphatic that it is not allowed. I don't know if that would get them disbarred. Since Alex is in jail, his lawyers may not even be able to see him until in court tomorrow moring.

Trial lawyer expert on WIS News said that once a defendant starts testifying, his lawyers CANNOT coach or instruct him on what to say or prepare him for what might be asked.

Not sure how often lawyers try to do that, but the expert was emphatic that it is not allowed. I don't know if that would get them disbarred. Since Alex is in jail, his lawyers may not even be able to see him until in court tomorrow moring.
Pootlian is trying everything he can, even finding 2 random experts magically in the middle of the prosecution’s cross examination. Wouldn’t put anything past that guy.

Thought the defense did a good job establishing that AM has no problem lying when it benefits AM.

I'd think one of the big points of the prosecution's discussion tomorrow is this:
There was nothing good that could've come from an innocent AM repeatedly lying to investigators and AM (of all people) knew that. I'd think they'll challenge that he lied to investigators to benefit himself as cover-up, and that he's lying on the stand again to benefit himself.

I'd also think they challenge his paranoia claim by trying to establish that a truly paranoid person wouldn't have continued to commit financial crime after financial crime.

Last edited:
I just lifted my phone 10 times away from any face. I’m in a dark room. All 10 times the phone lit up when I lifted it an inch or two.

Seems like maybe the expert knew what he was talking about.

Well...I did too. And it only ever lit up if it was turned over when it started facing down.

If it was facing up and I lifted it up, it stayed dark. Facing down and lifted it up without turning over, stayed dark. Facing up and turned down, stayed dark.

Only time it lit up was when it started facing down and I picked it up and turned it over.

What you described is purely anecdotal evidence...I have anecdotal evidence that contradicts yours. Now what?

Because the prosecution doesn’t know exactly why he killed Maggie. You act like they know and won’t say. Why do stupid people do stupid things?

He definitely calculated that killing them would keep him from being discovered as a thief. There is plenty of evidence to suggest it likely would have worked if he had planned a better murder and alibi. He told so many lies that were easy to prove were lies.
We’ll they said that they know.

The beginning of this video

Well...I did too. And it only ever lit up if it was turned over when it started facing down.

If it was facing up and I lifted it up, it stayed dark. Facing down and lifted it up without turning over, stayed dark. Facing up and turned down, stayed dark.

Only time it lit up was when it started facing down and I picked it up and turned it over.

What you described is purely anecdotal evidence...I have anecdotal evidence that contradicts yours. Now what?

Easy answer....

WACHOVIA parking lot

the defense doesn’t have to prove anything. That burden is on the state. I’m still not sold that Alec has the balls to shoot his own flesh and blood. The same flesh and blood that he did everything to protect over financial crimes. I don’t buy that. All this evidence is circumstantial, sure it adds up to him being there and he lied. We all know he is a crappy person but I see no evidence he is capable for blowing his sons brains out. If I was on the jury as of this morning I’m not guilty.
Hate to admit, but AM has done one heckuva convincing job on the stand. Heck, he's got me fooled.

I hope y’all are proud of yourselves…

After not following this case at all, I watched the Netflix documentary last night.

Then, wasted the better part of my afternoon reading 124 pages of interesting posts.

What an enjoyable waste of corporate time and money. 🙂
You did not waste your time. You invested it in a true life Ozark saga. Please understand that the crimes go well beyond the current trial.

Hard evidence of which there is little to him pulling the trigger. No gun, just a possible gun match and a missing gun and the same ammo. You come to my place and there is ammo of all kinds chances are you will find a match. To me that’s far from concrete.
not just same ammo---- matched to other shell casings on the property (i.e., one of their guns that is now missing)

Thought the defense did a good job establishing that AM has no problem lying when it benefits AM.

I'd think one of the big points of the prosecution's discussion tomorrow is this:
There was nothing good that could've come from an innocent AM repeatedly lying to investigators and AM (of all people) knew that. I'd think they'll challenge that he lied to investigators to benefit himself as cover-up, and that he's lying on the stand again to benefit himself.

I'd also think they challenge his paranoia claim by trying to establish that a truly paranoid person wouldn't have continued to commit financial crime after financial crime.
If you are paranoid - lawyer up!

He didn't and he's a lawyer.

The video that he didn't know about is his Waterloo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT