ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

I understand that. I’m just wishing we had a chance to use the firing squad.

For the record, had I been on the jury, it would have been hung, but now that he’s been found guilty, with almost no deliberation, the firing squad could and should be used!
Food This Is Fine GIF by Sherchle

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? You have doubts about his guilt, but you'd be totally fine with killing him for the crime that you doubt he did?

To be fair, he never said he doubted that he did it. He was in the camp that he thought he was guilty but didn’t think the state had proved beyond all reasonable doubt.

I don’t think you can believe someone is guilty but then claim you think there is reasonable doubt.

Reactions: yoshi121374
technology in cars helps people a whole lot more than it incriminates them. Having onstar has helped me save a lot of money on locksmiths. My wife has a special talent, or used to have, of locking keys in cars
Also, Duke football games are a lot less rowdy now that students can’t shake their keyless remote entry systems for their Mercedes and BMWs.😉

I think he will find a way to kill himself
Or another convict may take him out. Imo this family tragedy isn't over. We still have Buster running free. Hopefully his dad's sociopathic tendencies weren't inherited.

I'm surprised the jurors were lockstep in their belief of guilt and thereby many including me were wrong in predicting a hung jury. AM deserved the death penalty but I totally understand why the prosecution decided to pass on that option.

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? You have doubts about his guilt, but you'd be totally fine with killing him for the crime that you doubt he did?
I sound ridiculous by respecting the systems we have? When the verdict came out I said justice was served. A jury of his peers found him guilty in just over an hour. They didn’t doubt. They were sure.

I also believe the death penalty should be something we use much more often than we do. The tax payer.good citizen should not have to pay for someone to live who takes the life of others willingly.

Neither of those two paragraphs have any weight or bearing with what I thought the case presented and how I would have acted as a juror. You have to be able to step outside of a little box and see the whole picture.

Or another convict may take him out. Imo this family tragedy isn't over. We still have Buster running free. Hopefully his dad's sociopathic tendencies weren't inherited.

I'm surprised the jurors were lockstep in their belief of guilt and thereby many including me were wrong in predicting a hung jury. AM deserved the death penalty but I totally understand why the prosecution decided to pass on that option.

Im with ya brother. I was all in on guilty but thought no way it was not going to be a hung jury. Then when the verdict came back so fast I knew

Reactions: TopGun01
There were many people during this trial who spoke very fondly of Paul, It was a side of Paul that you have to assume was genuine and existed. To me it even sounded like Jim Griffen, Crosby, Ball etc. had a better friendship with Paul than they did with Alex.

Marian Procter was adamant that Paul was not who was portrayed in the media. It is hard to square that with what happened in the boat case and the other innuendo about Gloria and the Smith kid.

The Netflix Documentary is not favorable to Paul in the least and paints a picture of a monster. It is definitely hard to square all of those things.
My guess is she never saw the side of him that came out after heavy drinking. That seems to be when his personality changed.

Sam Elliot plays the Director of SLED.
I actually thought why is Sam Elliott talking at the press conference

off topic but the character he played in We Were Young and Soldiers, he played Sgt. Plumley. That was actual a combination character which my wife's uncle Larry Gilreath was depicted. He got to go to red carpet roll out, met him several times during movie shooting, and they stayed in touch him until he died. Think Sam called to give his condolences when he passed if I am remembering correctly

Last edited:
this is my guess...once they realized it did not have to be zero doubt and just that the facts lead to there being one person who could have committed it...and he was the ONLY person that could be placed there. I do not think it took a great sales person if someone was close

Much harder to switch a guilty to not guilty
You have to remember the dynamic of the situation - 12 strangers brought together to decide a murder - the automatic vote is not guilty - thats what the law mandates - so to me the NGs were just being careful and not jumping to conclusions in a "what does everyone else think before I really say what I think?" scenario

as mentioned above - much easier to go NG to guilty - NG is the starting line in the race - you either stay on the NG road or take a right to GUILTY - the prosecution and AM gave them the map

There were many people during this trial who spoke very fondly of Paul, It was a side of Paul that you have to assume was genuine and existed. To me it even sounded like Jim Griffen, Crosby, Ball etc. had a better friendship with Paul than they did with Alex.

Marian Procter was adamant that Paul was not who was portrayed in the media. It is hard to square that with what happened in the boat case and the other innuendo about Gloria and the Smith kid.

The Netflix Documentary is not favorable to Paul in the least and paints a picture of a monster. It is definitely hard to square all of those things.

Yeah. I think a lot of his problems were alcoholism. Lots of folks can be likeable but also hell on earth when drunk when they’re alcoholics
Ya agree with @poates6 here. The Netflix Documentary did a really good job of saying that there was Paul and then there was "Timmy". "Timmy" was Paul's unhinged alcoholic monster persona, and ... I get that. Its certainly not "ok", but I have had several friends or have known people who are complete monsters when they are drunk. I have cut pretty much all of them out of my life by now.

Now ... I certainly dont know Paul or any Murdaugh for that matter, but Im assuming Paul wasnt all peaches and cream when he was sober. He probably was a entitled bratty little shit, but that doesnt mean he was a monster sober.

Way I figure it, if Mallory Beach's boyfriend can forgive Paul and accept Paul's apology, then there must have been some good in Paul. That dude has every right to hate Paul with the fury of a thousand suns, but in the documentary, said he accepted Paul's apology and even said he loved him.

You have to remember the dynamic of the situation - 12 strangers brought together to decide a murder - the automatic vote is not guilty - thats what the law mandates - so to me the NGs were just being careful and not jumping to conclusions in a "what does everyone else think before I really say what I think?" scenario

as mentioned above - much easier to go NG to guilty - NG is the starting line in the race - you either stay on the NG road or take a right to GUILTY - the prosecution and AM gave them the map

appreciate you through this trial my man...learned a lot from reading your stuff

Waters opening remarks this morning show the insincerity of this whole process. Paul killed a young lady in a boat but waters talks about how lovely and wonderful he was and how he’d do anything for anyone.

All lawyers lie…….
Paul didn’t kill Mallory Beach. Timmy did

appreciate you through this trial my man...learned a lot from reading your stuff

Reactions: CUGrad1979
So who plays Alex in the movie?

Who plays PawPaw, Buster, Maggie, etc?

Does the person buying Moselle rent it to Hollywood to film the movie? This are the next things we need to know
Might be tough. There are only so many ginger actors in Hollywood.

So who plays Alex in the movie?

Who plays PawPaw, Buster, Maggie, etc?

Does the person buying Moselle rent it to Hollywood to film the movie? This are the next things we need to know
Morgan Freeman plays the judge. No question.

I would have said Phillip Seymour Hoffman for Alex Murdaugh. He would have crushed the role, but sadly not an option.

Thinking back through the trial...

Dr. Kenneth Kinsey was a ringer for the prosecution. On top of his vast, vast experience and credentials...he was likable, detailed, and always to the point. He communicated in a way that the "average Joe" could easily understand. I was impressed with him and his testimony. He was a home run.

No, the latter would be a quick way to go out. Not an expert, but I’d imagine one who knew what was coming would be in a state of shock after the first non-lethal shot. Spending however long the remainder of his life is in prison, realizing how much he’s pissed away, is probably the harder way to go for someone of his ilk.
Mingling with the lesser classes, eating prison food, wearing prison clothes, following someone else's schedule your daily routine, no more hunting seasons, no more walks along Edisto Beach....

AND FOREVER nightmares about the "before" faces of his wife Maggie and son Paul and the "after" destruction of the heads of those family....but to AM likely more important is the disgrace to HIS name and reputation.

Yep, I'm in for him to ruminate in his criminal stew on Earth. I believe in salvation so perhaps he can reconcile his soul with God, but if not, I'm in for him to spend eternity where God sends him.

AM missed his chance to die when he elected to kill his family. He made the wrong choice.

Serial Killer, Lee Roy Martin, “The Gaffney Strangler”. In 67 and 68, he strangled and raped 2 women and 2 girls. There was a trial for the first victim, and her husband was wrongly convicted of murder and was in prison when Lee Roy Martin was finally caught. Martin had a wife and 3 children. He sent letters to the Gaffney Ledger celebrating his kills and taunting the local police and SLED.

I was in Gaffney High School, and the whole town was practically on lockdown mode until he was caught. He was stabbed and killed in Prison in 1972.

There are some very interesting articles on this killer, his victims, on how he eluded the police, and on how he was ultimately captured. Henry Transou, a local golf pro played a pivotal role in breaking the case.
I was born in Gaffney in 1968 moved to Columbia in 73. My Mom remembers it vividly. There was a local reporter that wrote a book about it.

I guess there were no victim statements this morning? Did the judge just straight out sentence him?

Thinking back through the trial...

Dr. Kenneth Kinsey was a ringer for the prosecution. On top of his vast, vast experience and credentials...he was likable, detailed, and always to the point. He communicated in a way that the "average Joe" could easily understand. I was impressed with him and his testimony. He was a home run.

Yep he was the perfect final rebuttal

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT