ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

Paul used Buster's ID to buy the alcohol.
Gotcha.

I guess I was wondering how Buster can afford the 10 million?

But I guess he’s got everything now. But if Alex was in debt, when Buster sells everything to pay his dad’s debt , I just wonder how he can afford it.

Like would a bank loan him the rest? Or does Tinsley reduce the 10 million?

He's gotten it when he bought the home. You are required to have home insurance policy anytime you have a mortgage on the house. My policy would pay for an accident like that.

The should have been annoyed frankly. The 911 operator is asking investigative questions.

No sir. An umbrella policy paid $4M. When did he buy it?

Is Tinsley now going to sue Buster for everything and ruin his life when he didn’t really have anything to do with the boat case? I know Buster is a cheat but I feel sorta bad for him if he’s on the hook for 10 million that the family doesn’t even have. Does a bank loan Buster 10 million to pay Tinsley or how does that work?

Seems like Paul being dead is pretty good justice for Mallory.

Buster has settled with Beach family.

So not being sequestered, jurors were forbidden from any social media contact for any reason??
never heard the detailed admonition at beginning the case but the daily instruction was “please do not discuss the case with anyone”

Reactions: other1
I think he had added a $10mil commercial or farm policy in the preceding 12 months

maybe it was an umbrella but it was 10 and they got 500k from house and 4 or 4.3 from whatever new policy

as appeal issues are thrown out by pundits, can someone refresh my memory about the financial crime evidence allowed

IIRC, judge initially ruled that ONLY the Faris case (Chris Wilson matter) info, which was brought to AM’s attention by the firm CFO on June 7, could be questioned or brought up by the State

then and again please correct me- only when Griffin on cross of a witness opened the door about all the other financial stuff - only then did Judge allow the entirety of the financial crimes to come in

is this correct? and if so, the only possible recourse may be ineffective assistance of counsel - which won’t happen in this case

any subsequent action - AM on stand etc was a result of opening the door to financial mess by defense

My gut feeling is that nothing will be changed on appeal

The Doyle case for federal 5th amendment violations - defense said yesterday that state wrongfully argued that AM didn’t come clean about kennel presence to police AFTER his arrest - might be interesting

I don’t do appeals but many times appellate courts say that some possible missteps were harmless error

all the bitching by defense about length of financial crime evidence was perhaps a mistake by them or maybe a calculated decision to muddy the waters

after all their whole case was “How could he do this to his family when they were talking about a chicken at 8:44?!?!”
I think the way that defense opened up all the financial crimes was when they asked one witness something like: 'can you imagine what reason a loving family man would have to do this....?'
roughly paraphrased

Reactions: tigerbean
Gotcha.

But I guess he’s got everything now. But if Alex was in debt, when Buster sells everything to pay his dad’s debt , I just wonder how he can afford it.

Tinsley doesn’t have a 10 million judgment he said they should pay @ that much - his remaining claims go to trial in August

based on Tinsley’s new national reputation, I would think all available monies will be paid before trial

Reactions: MisterSlappy
Tinsley doesn’t have a 10 million judgment he said they should pay @ that much - his remaining claims go to trial in August

based on Tinsley’s new national reputation, I would think all available monies will be paid before trial

You think Parkers settles? I do agree they have more reason to after watching Tinsley's performance in this murder trial.

Reactions: MisterSlappy
You think Parkers settles? I do agree they have more reason to after watching Tinsley's performance in this murder trial.
I don’t see why not

typical dram shop liability theory

drunk kills someone - where were they drinking or who provided alcohol?

I know liquor stores carry 1 million policy minimum

not familiar with Parker’s but if multiple locations then likely more than 1 mil policy

I think I recall her sister recalling that Alex never seemed all that interested in finding the "real" killers.

Her comment was ”Alex frequently mentioned clearing Paul’s name in the boat accident” and she thought that was odd given she was more interested in finding the killers, but Alex never talked about that.

Paul used Buster's ID to buy the alcohol.

It is actually a little worse. Buster had a duplicate ID made so Paul could keep Buster‘s original and use it at his leisure to buy alcohol.

I think Tinsley settled with all of the Murdaughs, I may be wrong about that. Believe they are getting the proceeds from the two properties being sold.

Buster was allowed to keep 500k i think.

Reactions: ArmchairTiger
He's gotten it when he bought the home. You are required to have home insurance policy anytime you have a mortgage on the house. My policy would pay for an accident like that.

The should have been annoyed frankly. The 911 operator is asking investigative questions.

He had a large umbrella policy that ended up covering the majority of the Satterfield claim. He got 500 K form home owners and like 4 mil from umbrella.

He was having trouble getting it renewed after the settlement and took out a commercial hunting policy on the property instead. That was part of the reason Tinsley was wanting more money from Alex is because that particular Policy wouldn’t cover anything about the boat accident.

Reactions: CLEMSON96JDH

I think it depends. I would like to have a better understanding on what the merits of the claims are. The video that I saw showed the cashier scanning the license handed to her by Paul and then she looked at it and then at him.

Paul and buster looked a lot alike, so I think it is reasonable to assume she thought the ID belonged to the patron buying the beer.

I heard Tinsley say in AM’s trial that Parker’s didn’t follow their own procedure when the alcohol was sold to Paul. I don’t know what that means.

Is Tinsley now going to sue Buster for everything and ruin his life when he didn’t really have anything to do with the boat case? I know Buster is a cheat but I feel sorta bad for him if he’s on the hook for 10 million that the family doesn’t even have. Does a bank loan Buster 10 million to pay Tinsley or how does that work?

Seems like Paul being dead is pretty good justice for Mallory.
Tell me you aren't serious

as appeal issues are thrown out by pundits, can someone refresh my memory about the financial crime evidence allowed

IIRC, judge initially ruled that ONLY the Faris case (Chris Wilson matter) info, which was brought to AM’s attention by the firm CFO on June 7, could be questioned or brought up by the State

then and again please correct me- only when Griffin on cross of a witness opened the door about all the other financial stuff - only then did Judge allow the entirety of the financial crimes to come in

is this correct? and if so, the only possible recourse may be ineffective assistance of counsel - which won’t happen in this case

any subsequent action - AM on stand etc was a result of opening the door to financial mess by defense

My gut feeling is that nothing will be changed on appeal

The Doyle case for federal 5th amendment violations - defense said yesterday that state wrongfully argued that AM didn’t come clean about kennel presence to police AFTER his arrest - might be interesting

I don’t do appeals but many times appellate courts say that some possible missteps were harmless error

all the bitching by defense about length of financial crime evidence was perhaps a mistake by them or maybe a calculated decision to muddy the waters

after all their whole case was “How could he do this to his family when they were talking about a chicken at 8:44?!?!”
Judge Newman was very tight (and correct) on all of his major rulings. He gets a lot of discretion on these evidentiary issues.

The thought of IAC against Harpootlian and Griffin is laughable as a Murdaugh claiming he was scared of Lowcountry law enforcement.

I don’t see why not

typical dram shop liability theory

drunk kills someone - where were they drinking or who provided alcohol?

I know liquor stores carry 1 million policy minimum

not familiar with Parker’s but if multiple locations then likely more than 1 mil policy

Parkers policy is $20M.

The State should be fine on that, as my recollection is they commented on his false statements, not on his failure to say anything. If the latter, then it could be a 5th Amendment problem. But really, since Alex's lies started during his 911, the State can comment on his lies.

If it is a constitutional violation, then it has to be proven harmless beyond a reasonable doubt -- which is a very high bar. Based on the overwhelming evidence in this case, Alex's repeated lies (to law enforcement and on the stand), and the vast forensic evidence outlining his moves that night, this case could still be upheld even at that high level of appellate scrutiny.

Gotcha.

I assume you sue the estate before it passes to buster.

Reactions: leetp
Admittedly, I didn't have a chance to watch much of the trial. Did the prosecution ever say how they thought the murders/shootings actually went down? Did the victims see it coming, or were they caught by surprise?

Can anyone summarize? Thanks.
Forensics experts said Paul saw his dad shoot him. I'm not sure about Maggie.

eta: it's possible Paul saw Alec shoot him twice so he would've known Alec's intent to KILL him. That part gives me nightmares bc I got the impression Paul adored his dad.

Gotcha.

Previous link provide about 5 pages ago. Buster's part of that case has been settled already.

Reactions: Cavitybacks
He'd have gotten it when he bought the home. You are required to have home insurance policy anytime you have a mortgage on the house. My policy would pay for an accident like that.

They should have been annoyed frankly. The 911 operator is asking investigative questions.
No. He bought the umbrella shortly before she died. That is what made the big payout.

He is guilty but where is Benelli Super black3 shotgun and ..300 Blockout Rife?

I have no idea but....
1) My policy, which is nothing special, pays $2M.
2) I doubt when he purchased that policy is a matter of public record.

I know the NetFlix video said $4mil, but court records say the amount was $500k.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT