ADVERTISEMENT

I will be shocked if this season goes off as planned

What do the medical professionals gain by sharing this info? There’s no agenda here. This is their livelihood.

We’re beyond right or wrong. It’s common sense at this point.
I don’t think this medical professional has any agenda, but when on a national scale, big pharma has B I G money. Don’t ever underestimate the powerful pull of 2 things.
1. Big money

This time I have several in the hospital who were previously quite healthy. Now, they aren't extremely sick they just need oxygen hopefully for a few days. I've got one really sick 41 year old with no health problems but she is overweight.
Quick question. It seems we only are given stats on Vaccinated v. Unvaccinated. Certainly there should be a third category of recovered (antibodies). Why are we not seeing any studies or stats on this on a daily basis? What is the reinfection rate? Of those reinfected what is the percentage of mild cases v. Serious cases? Isn’t that data just as important?

The % of vaccinated and hospitalized patients has been going up and is close to 50% in the UK and Israel . What happens there seems to always make it’s way West. I suspect we will see the same type numbers here in the coming months. I wish we would focus more on therapeutic treatments. People can Poo Poo on Ivermectin all they want but there are a lot of studies that show it is effective. They used it in Mexico City and had tremendous results . Peru as well. Portions of India as well.

you’re trying everything you can to convince yourself that people who have been vaccinated are worse off than the unvaccinated

you’re trying everything you can to convince yourself that people who have been vaccinated are worse off than the unvaccinated
You’re wrong . I asked a very reasonable question. This data should be given out along with the other percentages. Just like one diet is not right for everyone neither is a specific protocol. I’ve already made my decision. People should be able to arm themselves with all the available information so they can make the most informed decision.

Reactions: AugTig
I pose this question respectfully…

studies show Pfizer vaccine is only 46% effective against delta variant. Moderne was around 61% I believe. Vaccines only help with symptom severity, NOT contagiousness. Therefore it’s a coin flip and I will still infect others even if vaccinated.

why should I get one?

Assuming the source of your information is correct, then it's just math. Mathematics says you should. What is the opportunity cost of not getting vaccinated vs. getting vaccinated? If you had reliable information then just plug it in and make a decision for yourself. Based on just the information in your post, seems like an easy decision could be made.

Reactions: yoshi121374
When we have strongly positive swabs, they are sent to MUSC for further analysis. Most all we have in our hospital are delta variants.
Just fyi, the determination of the variants is done by whole genome sequencing of the viruses after the fact and should not be confused with the PCR test ... Edit ... I meant to reply to a different post talking about the PCR test being inaccurate and having issued with specificity.

I use Ivermectin with my inpatients. I believe I've seen good results.
Thank you for your honesty. I k ow two doctors in the upstate that have started prescribing it. Usually when anyone mentions it they think you’re a conspiracy theorist . It’s had great results in other countries.

Quick question. It seems we only are given stats on Vaccinated v. Unvaccinated. Certainly there should be a third category of recovered (antibodies). Why are we not seeing any studies or stats on this on a daily basis? What is the reinfection rate? Of those reinfected what is the percentage of mild cases v. Serious cases? Isn’t that data just as important?
This is a terrific question. It's absolutely just as important. Why is this not being studied?

I think the testing to determine antibodies requires drawing blood which harder than just having someone jam a swab up your nose. Also most antibody testing at this point is positive or negative versus actually calculating levels. The data about how long those antibodies then last is whold additional requirement for samples over time. Its just a lot of specialized testing that is tough to handle amidst the curernt climate that doesnt directly assist with patient care.

I think the testing to determine antibodies requires drawing blood which harder than just having someone jam a swab up your nose. Also most antibody testing at this point is positive or negative versus actually calculating levels. The data about how long those antibodies then last is whold additional requirement for samples over time. Its just a lot of specialized testing that is tough to handle amidst the curernt climate that doesnt directly assist with patient care.
Couldn’t the same argument be made for vaccines? The efficacy that clearly reduces over time as well and it’s probably hard to be measured. I’m not even that interested in antibody testing (levels etc.) as much as I am the percentage of people that are being reinfected in general. And if they are reinfected is it a severe case? Or a mild case? I think it’s important info.

Reactions: AugTig
Couldn’t the same argument be made for vaccines? The efficacy that clearly reduces over time as well and it’s probably hard to be measured. I’m not even that interested in antibody testing (levels etc.) as much as I am the percentage of people that are being reinfected in general. And if they are reinfected is it a severe case? Or a mild case? I think it’s important info.
I do think the information about efficacy is easy to collect with questionnaires with people who are admitted as well as with reinfections which honestly has not seemed to have been a major trend. Going back to what some of have said we are a time when the scientific process is live and the data is constantly changing the narrative. I certainly do not have all the answers but i do see lots of information and it can be overwhelming.

Assuming the source of your information is correct, then it's just math. Mathematics says you should. What is the opportunity cost of not getting vaccinated vs. getting vaccinated? If you had reliable information then just plug it in and make a decision for yourself. Based on just the information in your post, seems like an easy decision could be made.
That’s just my point though. If I am the only one physically impacted by whether or not I’m vaccinated then it should solely be my choice. Me getting vaccinated is not going to prevent you or someone’s elderly loved one from getting it

shocking that most of the people in your trailer park are unvaccinated
We’re anti-maskers too…& we all just keep living our lives as usual. Everybody as healthy as we’ve ever been! No fear down here in the park…

Reactions: Essolover4
What do you say about natural immunity?

I'm not a troll, and I'm trying to be as serious as I can about this. I was not trying to make light of anything you said before.

My point was, this virus has been politicized from the beginning. How does anyone know what to believe?

I'm not "anti-vax". I've been in the military for over 20 years. Who knows what kinda crap I've had injected into my body. I'm eventually going to have to get the shot. Our "leaders" have said as much.

All I'm saying is 2+2 doesn't equal 4 in this case. It just doesn't add up.
I'm not trying to convince you to believe anything. I felt that the virus was definitely overrhyped by the press at times for political manipulation. But all I can tell you is that we have a ton of hospitalized sick people right now and many of them are generally but younger and healthier than the population we were seeing before in the hospital.

I don't know. None of the patients I've admitted had previously had it.

That’s just my point though. If I am the only one physically impacted by whether or not I’m vaccinated then it should solely be my choice. Me getting vaccinated is not going to prevent you or someone’s elderly loved one from getting it
Yeah it doesn’t matter to me what you do. I was just answering the “why should I get it” part which seemed like there was a pretty easy way to analyze that.

I think there are some good points about the impact on society from the hospitalization of unvaccinated vs vaccinated (once again, assuming those numbers being reported are accurate). There’s some merit there to how that can impact others.

I don’t think there should be a mandate. Also don’t understand the strong desire to be so publicly against it. Just not sure what the gain is there. The messaging and confidence behind the vaccine effort has been so poorly mishandled by those in charge that it’s not surprising some are uneasy about it. Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread, but what is the reasoning behind your decision?

The data is not correct

As many have stated, the issue doesn’t lie within vaccinated vs not, that’s all politicized. The issue is the general health status of Americans. Smoking, alcohol, obesity, processed foods, etc.

People who are legitimately healthy and take care of their bodies and control what they put in them, don’t need a vaccine. Sadly, that’s a very small percentage but doesn’t mean those individuals should be ostracized for declining a vaccine.

vaccinated individuals are likely the biggest carriers at this point. Yeah there’s a large percentage of non-vaccinated patients currently. Who do you think gave it to them?

I pose this question respectfully…

studies show Pfizer vaccine is only 46% effective against delta variant. Moderne was around 61% I believe. Vaccines only help with symptom severity, NOT contagiousness. Therefore it’s a coin flip and I will still infect others even if vaccinated.

why should I get one?

Thanks for posting this. A much more clear way to see that a majority of studies are showing that when fully vaccinated, people are much better off against the Delta variant.

Last edited:
Has anyone on here ever tested positive for covid twice? If so, what were your symptoms during both occurrences? Was one more severe than the other?

How could a treatment for Covid be short supply but we've got excess vaccine?

More difficult to produce?

Pretty infuriating because I've known a few people who got the antibody treatment and they felt better immediately.
This is pharma we're talking about...

I use Ivermectin with my inpatients. I believe I've seen good results.
Would you say when caught early enough, ie not ventilator/ICU status, the case for early treatment and recovery added to the bodies natural immunity would likely be better than the “vaccine” in people under the age of 60?

I have read where Ivermectin has been used in some studies in Europe and quite affective against some types of cancer.

Can you provide accurate data?
That healthline link above is a pretty good summary. The reason I said incorrect was because it’s a cherry picked number without context.
Are the vaccines less effective against delta? That appears to be a solid yes. What that percentage is remains elusive. However they are still very effective at preventing serious disease and hospitalization, as the numerous hospital reports in this thread indicate.
One other thing is that even though more people who are vaccinated are getting Delta, how their body handles viral replication is very different than the unvaccinated.

Last edited:
That healthline link above is a pretty good summary. The reason I said incorrect was because it’s a cherry picked number without context.
Are the vaccines less effective against delta? That appears to be a solid yes. What that percentage However they are still very effective at preventing serious disease and hospitalization, as the numerous hospital reports in this thread indicate.
One other thing is that even though more people who are vaccinated are getting Delta, how their body handles viral replication is very different than the unvaccinated.
Or are micro clots forming more quickly because of viral replication?

Or are micro clots forming more quickly because of viral replication?
I’m not sure how that has anything to do with what I posted.
But, here’s a link discussing one theory on clotting and covid that is similar to what you are talking about.

Iceland is 91% vaxxed yet have the largest outbreak of cases since it started.
MISINFORMATION!!! MISINFORMATION!!!! Breakthrough cases are extremely rare Lol. Just do as your told and get the Vax. Wear your mask! They will keep you safe.

MISINFORMATION!!! MISINFORMATION!!!! Breakthrough cases are extremely rare Lol. Just do as your told and get the Vax. Wear your mask! They will keep you safe.
70.6% of Iceland is fully vaccinated and they haven't had a death since May. So yes the number the poster you quoted is misinformation and the vaccine is keeping people safe.

70.6% of Iceland is fully vaccinated and they haven't had a death since May. So yes the number the poster you quoted is misinformation and the vaccine is keeping people safe.
Approximately 50% of the hospitalized in Israel and UK are vaccinated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT