ADVERTISEMENT

Ivermectin

Serious question. Is that a valid source?
Who knows. What's a valid source anymore? I didn't take the medicine so I don't know but what I do recall is that it was when the Delta variant was coming through around here that I heard it worked and it was also the Delta variant in India that I read it worked on. If it was tested on a different variant it may not have been effective but maybe it was against Delta. I honestly believe absolutely nothing I'm told about Covid anymore because there have been too many lies and too many people using the virus to their personal gain to believe anyone about anything related to Covid. Thanks American media and medical establishment.

Who knows. What's a valid source anymore? I didn't take the medicine so I don't know but what I do recall is that it was when the Delta variant was coming through around here that I heard it worked and it was also the Delta variant in India that I read it worked on. If it was tested on a different variant it may not have been effective but maybe it was against Delta. I honestly believe absolutely nothing I'm told about Covid anymore because there have been too many lies and too many people using the virus to their personal gain to believe anyone about anything related to Covid. Thanks American media and medical establishment.
Agreed. I have a friend who is a long hauler and claims ivermectin is a godsend

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
Last edited:
Shocking. One the weirder things from this pandemic has been the way some people have latched onto potential treatments almost because they’ve shown to have questionable effectiveness.
Agreed. Like how they latched on to the vaccine even though it has been shown to have questionable effectiveness.

I didn't scrutinize the article. I saw it and posted it. BTW, why is it fake news??? Did you actually take it and miraculously survive???
I didn’t say it was fake news. I said you would have avoided the fake news comments if you linked the actual study instead of some random website. Just send the reputable source and avoid the dumb comments.

Ivermectin was shown to have 'worked' in a test tube bc it just killed all the cells, including the virus.

This research is pretty definitive. No benefit.

But there is also an entire giant literature on the placebo effect which is why people still claim that it works for them (or for their friend). But keep popping those hydroxy pills that dumb governors bought for millions of taxpayer dollars.

The ridiculous thing is that now there is a pill, an antiviral called Paxlovid, you can take soon after you get covid that does work--don't even need the expensive IVs with Remdesivir but nobody has any clue about it...sigh...

I didn’t say it was fake news. I said you would have avoided the fake news comments if you linked the actual study instead of some random website. Just send the reputable source and avoid the dumb comments.
I didn't make any dumb comments.

Reactions: ClemsonO.Co
Shocking. One the weirder things from this pandemic has been the way some people have latched onto potential treatments almost because they’ve shown to have questionable effectiveness.
A friend of mine’s mom works at a feed store in rural eastern Washington. They sold out of all their ivermectin, so then people just started buying random livestock medications just to see if they’d work. So many people did this that they actually started selling out of those medications too. So bizarre.

I have a good friend of 30 years who has suffered from MS for the past 20 years. She has a much lower immune system and so has been extremely careful during the pandemic. She has had all the shots, booster shot, wears mask and gloves, worked from home, etc. She still got a bad case of Covid in January and showed no improvement after two weeks, including a fever nonstop the whole. A Doctor friend of hers who lives across the country, prescribed Ivermectin and saw immediate results after one day. After 3 days all symptoms, fever, etc. were gone.
I’m not saying this would work for everyone, but it worked for her. They biggest thing is take charge with whatever medical problems you have. You alone knows how you feel.

I have a good friend of 30 years who has suffered from MS for the past 20 years. She has a much lower immune system and so has been extremely careful during the pandemic. She has had all the shots, booster shot, wears mask and gloves, worked from home, etc. She still got a bad case of Covid in January and showed no improvement after two weeks, including a fever nonstop the whole. A Doctor friend of hers who lives across the country, prescribed Ivermectin and saw immediate results after one day. After 3 days all symptoms, fever, etc. were gone.
I’m not saying this would work for everyone, but it worked for her. They biggest thing is take charge with whatever medical problems you have. You alone knows how you feel.
I’ve heard similar stories. Is there a big downside to trying Invermectin/Hydroxychloroquine?

The source is the New England journal of medicine which is probably the most reputable medical journal in the US

Not that it matters because if it does not fits their political believes people will not consoder it valid.

What a world we live in
Thanks.

Ivermectin was shown to have 'worked' in a test tube bc it just killed all the cells, including the virus.

This research is pretty definitive. No benefit.

But there is also an entire giant literature on the placebo effect which is why people still claim that it works for them (or for their friend). But keep popping those hydroxy pills that dumb governors bought for millions of taxpayer dollars.

The ridiculous thing is that now there is a pill, an antiviral called Paxlovid, you can take soon after you get covid that does work--don't even need the expensive IVs with Remdesivir but nobody has any clue about it...sigh...
When I hear about a med for treatment I always ask the cost. If it is cheap then I usually conclude that it won't be promoted that much for obvious reasons. I HATE all meds. It baffles me when people are 100% in lock step with Big Pharma when their profits are dependent upon illnesses not being totally cured

Reactions: JoeBidenSniffsKids
I also think we all react differently to meds. What works for some may not work for others. None of us are built from a cookie cutter

I didn't make any dumb comments.
His reply was a little confusing. What he meant to say was that you could’ve avoided dumb replies by referring directly to the study. I’m not sure that’s right, because of the really bizarre politicization of certain treatments.

I also think we all react differently to meds. What works for some may not work for others. None of us are built from a cookie cutter
Well, then I guess we can scrap science-based medicine? People do respond differently to medicine, which is why doctors need to prescribe medicine and supervise patients after taking medicine. But people don’t respond so differently that studies on drugs are useless.

Repeat after me. Anecdotal. Evidence. Does. Not. Supersede. Double. Blind. Real. Science. Studies.

Worked for me the second time I had it. Anything is better than nothing at all which is what was prescribed to a large percentage covid patients. Most were told to go home, quarantine and if it gets worse go to the emergency room. What kinda shit is that? In my opinion we were grossly under medicated on purpose.

Reactions: tigerworx
Just my opinion, these government funded studies are set up in a way to get the desired results. The government is in cahoots with big pharma and the number one goal is for their desired med to be the only alternative. They will actively attack and undermine alternative medicine that they cannot achieve huge profits from. It's that simple.

There’s at least three flaws I can see with this study.
1. The allowed people to have symptoms up to 7 days before initiating therapy. Most data I’ve seen regarding Ivermectin has only supported its use in the first 4 days.
2. There were only two randomized treatment arms for ivermectin which included a single dose or treatment for only three days.
3. Lastly I don’t see where they excluded anyone with previous history of COVID.

With such a short treatment duration it’s almost as if they wanted Ivermectin to fail. Just look at Uttar Pradesh and compare their death curves to the US. If it’s not Ivermectin, ok, but we should be demanding answers as to how they are doing it. Why did our government actively suppress what they were doing? If you’re not asking these questions then just keep trusting the ‘science’ from a group of people who can’t define ‘woman’ anymore.

Last edited:
It works if it is used as part of the proper regimen. I've seen it myself on multiple occasions. People like to put up stuff like this because they test the drugs at the wrong time in the wrong way so they can achieve their desired result. That's not how it works. That's like saying you test tamiflu after someone has had the flu for a week which is clearly not the intended purpose of the drug. But people can believe whatever they want. I know what I've seen with my own eyes.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT