ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron James son

I don’t see where my simple rhetorical question on an Internet message board had any sort of impact against the young man or his family. What a terrible situation for them to be dealing with, glad it wasn’t worse

EDIT: I’m not trying to be an ass @Lot4tiger , but since you asked

Well e had no choice anyway....NBA required it

You're kind of all over the place here. Who said anything about science? I'm not a scientist and neither are you. Science is much more than just asking questions, and to reduce it to such a basic definition merely for the purposes of fitting an argument is disingenuous at best.

For people like you and me, who are not and will never be in a position to truly know the truth, our best bet is to continue trusting the experts we'd trusted our entire lives up until some of y'all started thinking random sources on the internet were just as reliable as the most qualified people on earth who trained their entire lives to become experts in their field.

They don't always get it right, and not all of them are truly experts, but the number of experts in the anti-vax community is literally 0.
So everyone of us have “always trusted the experts until Covid”?

And because we aren’t scientists we can’t question the so called “experts”?

2023 is a wild place

lol, faith based mom groups on Facebook are not California hippies.
If you go back to before trump was president, the anti vaccine movement was out of California, Washington, and Oregon with crazy liberal naturalist.

Columbus, OH had the most recent measles outbreak due to Somali Muslims not vaccinating their children. Maybe that’s what you mean when you say faith based moms…

Some high schools do require Ekgs to play. At minimum they require a drs physical. My bet is the young man has had an EKG before.

Not everything is detectable with an EKG. The DB for Buffalo could have had a hundred and all would have been normal. That was a freak accident from a sharp blunt blow to the chest/heart at a specific millisecond point of the cardiac cycle causing ventricular fibrillation
I've never seen a HS that required an EKG to play. My point was that pre covid these episodes were common enough for people to have this discussion. This was for both HS and college. Nothing mandatory on a wide scale came from those discussions. This was about the situation not being new due to vacinne side effects. I have no doubts that the vaccine can cause these things. Everyone just irresponsibility saying it is the problem. They don't even have info on whether the person in question was vaccinated or not. They just say it anyway. That's my issue.

EKG wouldn’t show anything. EKG’s are not expensive. The player would need an echocardiogram which is very expensive
What's the difference? I just googled EKG and it says electrocardiogram is the process of recording an electrocardiogram. Google also said and EKG & ECG are the same thing. Not discounting you since I think you are a Dr.

Electrocardiography
Medical test

Description​

Electrocardiography is the process of producing an electrocardiogram, a recording of the heart's electrical activity through repeated cardiac cycles. It is an electrogram of the heart which is a graph of voltage versus time of the electrical activity of the heart using electrodes placed on the skin.

What's the difference? I just googled EKG and it says electrocardiogram is the process of recording an electrocardiogram. Google also said and EKG & ECG are the same thing. Not discounting you since I think you are a Dr.

Electrocardiography
Medical test

Description​

Electrocardiography is the process of producing an electrocardiogram, a recording of the heart's electrical activity through repeated cardiac cycles. It is an electrogram of the heart which is a graph of voltage versus time of the electrical activity of the heart using electrodes placed on the skin.
EKG can be used to determine at STEMI. An acute heart attack. EKG with stress test can “maybe” pick up blockages. And EKG is something you see on tv with cardiac monitors with the old paddles.

An echo to check for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is more like an ultrasound of the heart.

Electrocardiography
Medical test

Description​

Oh and not a doctor. I wish. A paramedic for 28 years.

Exactly. This is what I heard. You stated almost exactly from my memory. They were always careful not to clearly say it stopped you from getting it. Studies were showing vaccinated less likely getting it but in most cases just lessening the symptoms after getting it compared to those who were not vaccinated. If you were vaccinated, stayed home, wore a mask, hid in the closet, spoke to no one (I'm kidding) etc you could possibly prevent it. But it was always a bunch of things working together for actual prevention. Not just the vaccine.
I would be willing to guess you didn’t hear them say it would stop the spread either right?

Same. I'm sure of it. But many will overlook that Heart Disease is the #1 killer of African American men. Or that the covid virus can also negatively impair the heart, blood etc...
Heart disease is racist-I’m sure of it. all jokes aside...glad Bronny will be okay. NO parent ever wants to get a phone call like that.

I would be willing to guess you didn’t hear them say it would stop the spread either right?
You don't have to be an ass. Just have a discussion.

They always acted as if it would lead to stopping the spreading of it. That's what I alluded to in my last post regarding hiding in the closet. The vaccine was always a part of it. Look I don't and didn't trust the vacinne myself. I'm merely discussing never hearing anyone say if you get vacinnated you won't get covid when the entire discussion was if you get it you'll most likely live and have less of a horrible experience IF vaccinated compared to not vaccinated, period. I remember still not trusting that or anything else they said at the time. I also remember people with other political motives on either side just saying whatever supported their political belief.

Reactions: funkbott
Heart disease is racist-I’m sure of it. all jokes aside...glad Bronny will be okay. NO parent ever wants to get a phone call like that.
That was funny. It needed to be said tho. You have an African American male with a heart issue and people want to pretend this wasn't already an issue in that community. I got his point. Could the vacinne have something to do with it? Sure. But we don't know if he was vaccinated and it is already a problem pre vacinne in the community we're discussing. Relevant info. This supports @lot4reason for mentioning it.

They always acted as if it would lead to stopping the spreading of it. That's what I alluded to in my last post regarding hiding in the closet. The vaccine was always a part of it. Look I don't and didn't trust the vacinne myself. I'm merely discussing never hearing anyone say if you get vacinnated you won't get covid when the entire discussion was if you get it you'll most likely live and have less of a horrible experience IF vaccinated compared to not vaccinated, period. I remember still not trusting that or anything else they said at the time. I also remember people with other political motives on either side just saying whatever supported their political belief.
It was a legit question no need to throw out insults. Most people depending on their political leanings heard what they wanted to hear.

Reactions: funkbott
That was funny. It needed to be said tho. You have an African American male with a heart issue and people want to pretend this wasn't already an issue in that community. I got his point. Could the vacinne have something to do with it? Sure. But we don't know if he was vaccinated and it is already a problem pre vacinne in the community we're discussing. Relevant info. This supports @lot4reason for mentioning it.
Pretty sure Lebron said his family was vaccinated.

Reactions: OleFastball
I guess this is what I was getting at - we are seeing instances of healthy, young adults experiencing very uncommon and even rare cardiovascular emergencies, along with other medical abnormalities they shouldn’t be experiencing

Why is it such a blasphemous thing to simply suggest a potential common denominator, one that was introduced & executed in a manner that has never been done before in history, may be a contributing cause? Because that’s all I’m doing, leaving the door cracked open for skepticism

I want to make something clear - I’m not an “anti vaxer” and I don’t formulate my opinions based off “random sources on the internet.” I’m not saying the Covid vaccine WAS/IS the cause of these medical emergencies in healthy young adults, what I’m saying is that we don’t know. It may not be a contributing cause, but it also just may be.

You are right - we will not ever know the whole truth to many of society’s most pressing & hard-hitting questions. Thats why I try to remain skeptical on all issues that I can’t tangibly see to be fact with my own eyes
What if Covid itself is actually the culprit?

Like how could you truly distinguish if it’s the vax or the actual disease?

(I’m not a pro vaxer guy, but all these young people also had Covid.)

I'll trust the experts over the internet conspiracy theory crowd, but you do you, man. I'm sure both sides are equally qualified and competent.
Lol, Fauci and Pfizer execs got filthy rich off this deal and have immunity from the government. There was zero incentive to keep this thing from harming anyone.

Plus there are plenty of doctors who have come out against the MRNA shot.

It very well could be. Which would also mean that the vaccine would therefore potentially have an impact too, no?

Reactions: Wylietiger
Solid thread on this on Twitter, or X, whatever it's called today.

2021 sure looks higher than every year since 06

I’d also be interested in seeing more than 20 years of data. Gimme this graph dating back to 1980

It’s also just athletes. What about all people within that age? I’m genuinely curious

It's far more likely based on the data that it is Covid causing this. There will likely be studies on this coming when we have 5+ years of data. Anything before that is more flawed. Also, this isn't unheard of with viruses. Many can cause a clots, strokes, and heart attacks after infection recovery. What will be very interesting is those with long Covid who eventually have heart attacks.

I had long Covid that led to a heart attack 5 months post Covid. That was with lots of heart screenings due to my congenital heart valve defect. I went from a 30% to 40% blockage (within normal ranges for my age at the time) and ended up with a 99% blockage in my LAD (Widowmaker) in 6 months. The doctors were extremely surprised and put my heart Cath off for 2 days for more emergent cases. Then boom, I need a stent. I was crazy lucky because I escaped with no permanent heart damage, which is almost as rare. This was at 42 years of age.

Also, for those who want to know or will ask, this was before vaccinations. My wife is in the medical field and Covid flew through their office of 80 in November of 2020. We got it the last week. My case wasn't awful either. No hospitalization and my O2 never dropped below 92%. I did have a elevated temperature for 23 days straight so I wouldn't exactly call it mild. However, the long Covid sucked as I could barely do anything without getting tired.

It very well could be. Which would also mean that the vaccine would therefore potentially have an impact too, no?
Not necessarily due to the way the mRNA vaccines work. It's not like they are putting an inactive virus in your system. Maybe with the viral vector vaccines, which most used the adenovirus to as the vector to attach Covid to.

I’d also be interested in seeing more than 20 years of data. Gimme this graph dating back to 1980

It’s also just athletes. What about all people within that age? I’m genuinely curious
CDC Wonder has all that information on it. Personally I don't have time to do all that research and graph it for you. Read the entire thread as he explains all the years are still pretty close. 2021 was by far our biggest year of contracting Covid as well. The Delta and Omicron surges were exponentially higher than anything we saw in 2020.

Pretty sure Lebron said his family was vaccinated.
That's weird. I keep recalling him not answering those questions saying his family's status was private. I didn't see where he finally revealed their status.

2006 was the H5N1 bird flu year, so that could explain why it's higher. Some viruses are hell on the arteries.

It's far more likely based on the data that it is Covid causing this. There will likely be studies on this coming when we have 5+ years of data. Anything before that is more flawed. Also, this isn't unheard of with viruses. Many can cause a clots, strokes, and heart attacks after infection recovery. What will be very interesting is those with long Covid who eventually have heart attacks.

I had long Covid that led to a heart attack 5 months post Covid. That was with lots of heart screenings due to my congenital heart valve defect. I went from a 30% to 40% blockage (within normal ranges for my age at the time) and ended up with a 99% blockage in my LAD (Widowmaker) in 6 months. The doctors were extremely surprised and put my heart Cath off for 2 days for more emergent cases. Then boom, I need a stent. I was crazy lucky because I escaped with no permanent heart damage, which is almost as rare. This was at 42 years of age.

Also, for those who want to know or will ask, this was before vaccinations. My wife is in the medical field and Covid flew through their office of 80 in November of 2020. We got it the last week. My case wasn't awful either. No hospitalization and my O2 never dropped below 92%. I did have an elevated temperature for 23 days straight so I wouldn't exactly call it mild. However, the long Covid sucked as I could barely do anything without getting tired.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences, I am sorry for what you have gone through but glad you are doing okay. Many weren’t as lucky. Indeed, we will know much more in 5-10-20 years

It was a legit question no need to throw out insults. Most people depending on their political leanings heard what they wanted to hear.
Nah it wasn't a legit question. A legit question would've asked a question. What do you think about or what are your thoughts on this or that.

Honestly not trying to come down on you harshly here, because you are being very civil in this thread…. but it was very widely said by many government & medical officials that the vaccine would keep you from getting it at all. Maybe that’s what they believed at the time, but it was definitely repeated en masse.

You keep saying things like “I’ve never heard of schools requiring that” or “I don’t remember hearing anybody say that.” Maybe you just don’t know or didn’t hear or don’t remember 🤷🏻‍♂️

No doubt. Could be a combo. I have no idea and neither does anyone else.

It’s just insincere to say “the vax is causing this” just like it’s insincere to say “Covid is causing this”.

Could be all of the above. Could be something else. Could be just a perception.

Reactions: dpic73 and funkbott
Or it could be, you know, the original cardiovascular/respiratory pandemic that produced blood clots large enough to clog dialysis machines?

But why go with the obvious answer when you can conjecture something more elaborate/speculative?

I'll also throw in that excess mortality is now below prepandemic levels
I agree that’s a possibility. I’ve been trying to find some studies on that very question. However I don’t think there is much interest to find out. At least by those with the resources to do a proper study.

Or it could be, you know, the original cardiovascular/respiratory pandemic that produced blood clots large enough to clog dialysis machines?

But why go with the obvious answer when you can conjecture something more elaborate/speculative?

I'll also throw in that excess mortality is now below prepandemic levels
It may not be the Jab but the fact that you claim you know the obvious answer is just as bad cause none of us have a clue and everyone has the right to ask questions without get talked down to by people who don’t know jack shit either

Reactions: OleFastball
Honestly not trying to come down on you harshly here, because you are being very civil in this thread…. but it was very widely said by many government & medical officials that the vaccine would keep you from getting it at all. Maybe that’s what they believed at the time, but it was definitely repeated en masse.

You keep saying things like “I’ve never heard of schools requiring that” or “I don’t remember hearing anybody say that.” Maybe you just don’t know or didn’t hear or don’t remember 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'm glad you notice that I don't make claims to know factually. It's a discussion where I'm sharing my experiences and my perspective. I make that clear by how I make statements because I truly don't know. Your last sentence is the reason I say what I say how I say it.

Me: I have never heard of a high school requiring an actual EKG to participate in sports leaves room for you to share where you've seen it. Me recalling from memory what was said about covid leaves room for you to say what you heard during those times. We can compare and contrast our experiences. The media is a tricky thing and depending on which outlet you're listening to we can hear vastly different things.

And I don't claim to know which story is true because I don't trust any of what they tell us. As far as I'm concerned when I try and figure who is not telling the truth, I'm just guessing.

You're kind of all over the place here. Who said anything about science? I'm not a scientist and neither are you. Science is much more than just asking questions, and to reduce it to such a basic definition merely for the purposes of fitting an argument is disingenuous at best.

For people like you and me, who are not and will never be in a position to truly know the truth, our best bet is to continue trusting the experts we'd trusted our entire lives up until some of y'all started thinking random sources on the internet were just as reliable as the most qualified people on earth who trained their entire lives to become experts in their field.

They don't always get it right, and not all of them are truly experts, but the number of experts in the anti-vax community is literally 0.
"For people like you and me, who are not and will never be in a position to truly know the truth,"

Whoa man.
That's a mouthful

So, how are we all supposed to live our lives?
What do we take as guidance?
If you don't know the truth, what are you to base decisions on?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT