ADVERTISEMENT

North Face

I'll never understand how any person could spend this much time arguing anonymously on a message board. I encourage you to make your point and move on. You're wasting a shitload of time attacking one another in a format that has proven to rarely if ever change someone's mind. I quit reading after a couple pages but think many are overlooking the most important aspect of this. Do you actually know any adolescent transgender people? Start there. Until you've known/cared about/loved a transgender kid, then your view of this topic (transgender culture specifically around adolescents) will not be very informed. While I'm guessing there are others on the board who actually do know and love some transgender youth and may have different experiences/takeaways, this topic of transgenderism among kids is a HUGE topic of concern. It is far different than any discussion on sexuality (LGB) from decades past. These kids (in my experience) are hurting and need help. They are trying to bury their former identity and there is usually valid reasons for why they'd want to. It's the saddest thing. I fear suicide rates are going to be astronomical among these youth. It's the saddest thing to me that seemingly neither the people who are promoting it nor the folks who oppose it have any real care for the kids who are living it.

I'll never understand how any person could spend this much time arguing anonymously on a message board. I encourage you to make your point and move on. You're wasting a shitload of time attacking one another in a format that has proven to rarely if ever change someone's mind. I quit reading after a couple pages but think many are overlooking the most important aspect of this. Do you actually know any adolescent transgender people? Start there. Until you've known/cared about/loved a transgender kid, then your view of this topic (transgender culture specifically around adolescents) will not be very informed. While I'm guessing there are others on the board who actually do know and love some transgender youth and may have different experiences/takeaways, this topic of transgenderism among kids is a HUGE topic of concern. It is far different than any discussion on sexuality (LGB) from decades past. These kids (in my experience) are hurting and need help. They are trying to bury their former identity and there is usually valid reasons for why they'd want to. It's the saddest thing. I fear suicide rates are going to be astronomical among these youth. It's the saddest thing to me that seemingly neither the people who are promoting it nor the folks who oppose it have any real care for the kids who are living it.
Shut the thread down. This is it.

• Haha
Reactions: Hammerdawg.NEAR
Then yeah you do care.

Also your grand daughter likely won’t notice and when she is an adult, will likely act more mature about the situation than her grandfather.

This might not be you specifically but this topic feels very similar to the whole critical race theory saga. An entire nothing burger that people convince others is an absolute epidemic. When honestly if you just go about your life, you will feel .001% impact.

People wanting to be outraged because their lives have become too boring.
Then yeah you do care.

Also your grand daughter likely won’t notice and when she is an adult, will likely act more mature about the situation than her grandfather.

This might not be you specifically but this topic feels very similar to the whole critical race theory saga. An entire nothing burger that people convince others is an absolute epidemic. When honestly if you just go about your life, you will feel .001% impact.

People wanting to be outraged because their lives have become too boring.
Today she’s not an adult and yes when she is one men in women’s bathrooms will probably be the norm and you’ll be happy with glee. Good news is she’ll be packing deterrent for the ones who have ideas beyond the bathroom. So I’m gonna scroll on and let you fall on your sword rhere bud. Enjoy your weekend fighting the cause.

Reactions: OleFastball
This guy is offended by the mere presence of trans people in popular culture and is calling others "judgemental hypocrites".

Do you even know what hypocrite means?
Show me where I said I was offended. You can't, bc I never said or implied it. It does not offend me. YET, you are judging me(hypocrite) bc of your delusion thinking I hate trans people. I don't even dislike trans people. I don't even know any trans people for that matter, so there is no way I could dislike them. I do not care what other people do or how they want to live their lives as long as it does not impact my life and they don't expect me to support/approve of their behavior.

Evidently, unlike you, I have the ability to disagree with someone's life choices while not being offended or hating them. Maybe you should try a little harder to accept others!?!?!

• Love
Reactions: AugTig and BHPTiger
Can someone explain to me what these companies are doing? This has to be driven by the government, correct? Because Bud Light proved it’s a bad business decision. I mean, I just can’t imagine any company is seeing gains from having an ad with a trans person?
Companies like Blackrock buy up large amount of shares in these companies. They demand certain DEI actions with the threat of tanking the stock price if they don't. They have legitimate leverage. Liberal government is fine with it because it fits their agenda

Today she’s not an adult and yes when she is one men in women’s bathrooms will probably be the norm and you’ll be happy with glee. Good news is she’ll be packing deterrent for the ones who have ideas beyond the bathroom. So I’m gonna scroll on and let you fall on your sword rhere bud. Enjoy your weekend fighting the cause.
Or she'll have made up her own mind on how she sees people that are different from her.

Glad you have admitted defeat.

Do you think the government should get to override medical decisions that parents, kids, and their doctors make regarding care? Change “receiveing gender affirming care” to “forgoing Covid-19 vaccination” and how strongly do you feel about the government’s role in making those determinations?

There were teenagers receiving reassignment surgery 20 years ago. I went to Clemson with one. She was featured on a national news program talking about her experience. She used the women’s room but I don’t think she was into sports at all. Regardless, it wasn’t a big deal. People acknowledged that hey, this is an unusual thing in upstate SC, but one cared because it wasn’t a political wedge issue and people were much more adept at minding their own business before the smart phone+social media era.

There were copies of encyclopedia Britannica in my SC middle school with graphical depictions of intercourse and reproductive systems. My dirtbag friends and I would always make sure to leave them sitting open to those pages on the chapter before we left library period.

Peel away the outrage and histrionic framing here for a second. This is all mundanity manufactured by people who want to distract you from how rich they’re getting at your expense.
That is a whole different subject matter than books with graphic illustrations and discussions about anal sex, oral sex, bondage, etc that have zero to do with the reproductive system.

Reactions: OleFastball
Yes these are complex issues that warrant reasonable dialogue.

One side believes “trans people are pedos and we should throw them all in jail and the other believes that those people are assholes. These aren’t moral equivalents. When the opening statement is that your right to not have to see other people existing supersedes that group’s right to exist then you’ve waived any claim to civil discourse.
Can you show where even one person in this thread has said this. Not just me, anyone in this thread.

Can you show where even one person in this thread has said this. Not just me, anyone in this thread.
Post #36 in this thread
Hopefully we will get to the point where our politicians and law makers grow a set and put an end to the transgender pedophiles. And quit making laws that encourage this shit. Most of these loons need to be in a mental institution or incarcerated. Yet the liberal wack a doodles want to give them a microphone and a stage.

Literally don't care if someone wants claim to be transgender, confused or whatever the eff they want to wear. Just stay away from the kids and get the fvck off the stage. You had your 15 minutes.

"Literally don't care if someone wants claim to be transgender, confused or whatever the eff they want to wear."

Is that the part of the post you were referring to? lol
Paragraph before that one

Can someone explain to me what these companies are doing? This has to be driven by the government, correct? Because Bud Light proved it’s a bad business decision. I mean, I just can’t imagine any company is seeing gains from having an ad with a trans person?

I think TNF realizes most magas cant afford their stuff anyway.

I see the usual suspects have resorted to calling people Nazis and racists that would prefer not to have sexually deviant content thrown in their faces all day long. Not surprised though; it is page 1 of the playbook.

I see the usual suspects have resorted to calling people groomers and pedophiles that don't care if other adults want to change their gender. Not surprised though; it is page 1 of the playbook.

I see the usual suspects have resorted to calling people groomers and pedophiles that don't care if other adults want to change their gender. Not surprised though; it is page 1 of the playbook.
“I don’t know why everyone is being mean to me…all I did was say that they’re illiterate pedophile Nazis.”

Keep pretending people give 2 loads of flying horse dung about what other people do to themselves. People are sick of it shoved down their throats. Enjoy your message board picket March tho whatever makes ya happy.

This is such a goto phrase from the right.

You didn't like obamacare being shoved down your throat.
You didn't like gay marriage being shoved down your throat.
You didn't like tax hikes being shoved down your throat.
And now you don't like trans people's right to exist in public being shoved down your throat.

Reactions: iceheart08

And now you don't like trans people's right to exist in public being shoved down your throat.
I always thought it was a little weird that this was their default line.

The lady doth protest too much vibes, you know?

LOL...a little over simplification there don't you think. Nobody has a problem with your right to exist. A lot of people have a problem with this being taken into the schools. Begs the question whether anyone engaged in doing so is a pedophile. Seems the movement certainly likes to do more than just exist in public.....

I love me some female strippers (the real ones), you don't see me advocating to take them up to the school for a twerk session or lap dance for the kids. Keep it out of the schools. If you have some youth struggling with their sexuality, then sure provide help. You don't need to bring someone in drag up to the school to twerk.

Reactions: tgrharley
Paragraph before that one
Pretty sure he referencing what he considers to be pedophiles in that paragraph - not just anyone who is transgender. Way to just ignore the part where he directly addresses exactly what you were talking about.

Reactions: Broheim
“I don’t know why everyone is being mean to me…all I did was say that they’re illiterate pedophile Nazis.”
That's rich considering your side calls everyone who opposes a democrat right wing supremacists.

Target sold some tshirts.
Bud Lite did a low budget targeted social media hit with a niche influencer.
North Face produced a hilariously low quality YouTube commercial.

Anti-trans, drag queen, anti-LGBTQ, and “groomer” discourse has dominated the conservative news cycle for like 3+ years now. Any commercial entity who even acknowledges the existence of LGBTQ individuals is pariah status to you freaks and anyone who doesn’t give enough of a sh¡y to fall in line with the virtue signaling is a target as well. It’s not even a little ambiguous that the ultimate intent is to apply enough social and commercial pressure that LGTBQ individuals can’t live openly.
A lot of lgbtq people are against this movement to normalize trans in elementary school. Gays against groomers is pretty big. Doing this crap to kids crosses the line and thus the huge pushback.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73 and Broheim
Regular people are starting to stand up to this garbage. What Target is doing is not normal. Thank you for sharing the video.
Multiple bomb threats called into target locations nationwide today. Ours had substantial additional security working and visible when I was running errands earlier.

If people who want to do bombings over pride month tshirts are your people then, by all means, thank you for letting us know that.

A lot of lgbtq people are against this movement to normalize trans in elementary school. Gays against groomers is pretty big. Doing this crap to kids crosses the line and thus the huge pushback.
You really do believe anything you see on the internet, don’t you?

Gays against Groomers is an astroturfed social
Media “organization” that’s really just an invention of X Strategies, a right wing PR and marketing firm.

You really do believe anything you see on the internet, don’t you?

Gays against Groomers is an astroturfed social
Media “organization” that’s really just an invention of X Strategies, a right wing PR and marketing firm.

Non relevant. Plenty of conservative lgbtq people in the environment.

Reactions: AugTig and Broheim
Multiple bomb threats called into target locations nationwide today. Ours had substantial additional security working and visible when I was running errands earlier.

If people who want to do bombings over pride month tshirts are your people then, by all means, thank you for letting us know that.
So you think this is about pride month? Target is taking advantage of “pride” month.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT