ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando nightclub massacre...

The Koran does not teach this crap and it is not a part of the true religion..... not sure how they brainwash all those people but they sure are good at it

You could not be more incorrect in your assessment of what the Koran teaches. It has been almost 15 years since 911, and terror around the globe has been nonstop from that religion, and people STILL believe the lie that Islam is fundamentally peaceful? Shame on you.

The Koran is available for anybody to study and find out for themselves. Instead of taking a little time to to KNOW the truth, you would rather stay in the dark and spread your ignorance to others. How about reading a bit so you are informed the next time you post on the subject of Islam.

He pussied out. And then got us into Iraq. He postured just like Obama.

Sorry, but I'm no George Bush fan. He and Obama both have F'ed this thing up.

No worries, we'll have a photo shoot of both sharing beers, water for Bush, in Texas within a year.....both laughing like retired don't care farts. Bank on it.

Reactions: my95GTHO
My question is how did someone who is on an FBI watch list get an assault rifle?
Probably a semiautomatic built on a platform the military uses. Actual assault weapons have full auto or semi auto select fire switches. "Assault Rifle" is an ignorant media catch phrase designed to drum up interest in a story. Anyway it's irrelevant to what happened. Anyone who really wanted to go on an enraged killing spree could do so in a multitude of ways. It's the person not the weapon.

Probably a semiautomatic built on a platform the military uses. Actual assault weapons have full auto or semi auto select fire switches. "Assault Rifle" is an ignorant media catch phrase designed to drum up interest in a story. Anyway it's irrelevant to what happened. Anyone who really wanted to go on an enraged killing spree could do so in a multitude of ways. It's the person not the weapon.

Excellent point and sooooo true in many cases.

I have no problem with your view on religion in general, but no other religion that I'm aware of has a radical aspect that focuses specifically on terror/murder. I would think that's where most people have an issue..not whether who's God is right.

This shows your ignorance on the matter. The Christians, Jewish, and Muslims all pray to the same God. Do your research before stating something this stupid.

He pussied out. And then got us into Iraq. He postured just like Obama.

Sorry, but I'm no George Bush fan. He and Obama both have F'ed this thing up.

No worries, we'll have a photo shoot of both sharing beers, water for Bush, in Texas within a year.....both laughing like retired don't care farts. Bank on it.
Sorry, guess I am just not sure what "pussied out" means in reference to this. Hindsight is always easy... but we should have definitely concluded the Iraqi operation as soon as they were out of Kuwait. The decimation of the Iraqi army left a huge power vacuum, and bad is always better than worse. These are certainly troubling times, with many mistakes and blame to go around, but I thought Bush showed up and did what he thought best at the time (like him or not). The world is a mess, and the trend is troubling. I think God is sitting up there somewhere watching this, shaking his head and directing one of his assistants to back off on the testosterone levels for the next planet. Best wishes TD...

Reactions: Earle36
This shows your ignorance on the matter. The Christians, Jewish, and Muslims all pray to the same God. Do your research before stating something this stupid.

I respectfully disagree with you......I am a Christian believer & my God is not Mohammed, nor is Mohammed my God...... I do believe you need to dig a little deeper.......

I have no problem with your view on religion in general, but no other religion that I'm aware of has a radical aspect that focuses specifically on terror/murder. I would think that's where most people have an issue..not whether who's God is right.
well about 100 - 140 years ago the KKK was a terrorist wing of radical christianity. and that is really part of the problem, because islamic countries education systems are about 100-140 years behind the rest of the world, so it isn't terribly surprising the realities they produce are the horrors of judgement our society produced 150 years ago with slavery, or 900 years ago with the crusades.

Horrific event. Predictable thread. This country is so split and devisive and this thread is a microcosm of this. None of us wanted this to happen and we all have ideas on how it could have been prevented. The truth is when somebody is willing to die they can inflict serious damage. It's proven all over the globe where laws and freedoms are more strict.

Any of you who are angered by this event bringing out ideology and religion need to pump the breaks. The asshole who just killed all those people in Orlando was all about both and he's once again brought it to our doorstep. Time to finally fight like we want to win.

Muhammad is not considered God to Muslims. He his a prophet they pray through. He is one of the three primary prophets: Jesus (Christian) and Moses (Jewish) being the others. And just so everyone knows, Allah is not a name...it is the arabic word for God. Again, people need to do their research.

well about 100 - 140 years ago the KKK was a terrorist wing of radical christianity. and that is really part of the problem, because islamic countries education systems are about 100-140 years behind the rest of the world, so it isn't terribly surprising the realities they produce are the horrors of judgement our society produced 150 years ago with slavery, or 900 years ago with the crusades.
You do know that the crusades were largely to keep the murdering Muslims from advancing? Also, Sharia law is quite clear on jihad. That young man believed that he was getting a free ticket to heaven by murdering those folks last night. In 100 years, they will still believe it because that is what the Koran teaches. Personally I blame the media for the lack of knowledge the general public has on Islam.

Reactions: JamesD7
FDR: declared war on Japan the next morning.

Bush: ordered military deployments to AFG that afternoon.
And we're bombing "them" in Syria and Iraq. And we're supporting the Kurds and Iraq in an attempt to take back territory held by Isil.

You do know that the crusades were largely to keep the murdering Muslims from advancing? Also, Sharia law is quite clear on jihad. That young man believed that he was getting a free ticket to heaven by murdering those folks last night. In 100 years, they will still believe it because that is what the Koran teaches. Personally I blame the media for the lack of knowledge the general public has on Islam.
that is a historical theory based in some fact, but still very much open for debate as to actual motives. i think as with many things, 100 years from now there will be remnants of today thinking as well as progressive advances.

So angry...haha. What about the Hindu? Are the three religions you referred to the only ones in the world? I was speaking specifically to GOD, but how they interpret the their faith. Take the knot out of your panties.

Ah the old Crusades argument...because that's relevant in 2016. Just blame hatred and intolerance on something or someone else.

So angry...haha. What about the Hindu? Are the three religions you referred to the only ones in the world? I was speaking specifically to GOD, but how they interpret the their faith. Take the knot out of your panties.

Hindus do not believe in the same God as Christians, Muslims, and Jews.

Ah the old Crusades argument...because that's relevant in 2016. Just blame hatred and intolerance on something or someone else.
my point was that all religions are susceptible to extremism, they have been in the past and will be whenever ignorance and supression of ideas is the norm. that is certainly the case in countries where islam is a national relgion, as a result, you have clerics that do a very poor job of advancing the religion, because they are poorly educated SOBs.

I respectfully disagree with you......I am a Christian believer & my God is not Mohammed, nor is Mohammed my God...... I do believe you need to dig a little deeper.......

Mohammed is not their God, Islam follows the same God as Christians. Please let us know where you get your information. I'll hang up and listen

my point was that all religions are susceptible to extremism, they have been in the past and will be whenever ignorance and supression of ideas is the norm. that is certainly the case in countries where islam is a national relgion, as a result, you have clerics that do a very poor job of advancing the religion, because they are poorly educated SOBs.

Concur fully. The lack of education in Afghanistan and the devastation the Soviets created in Afghanistan are huge factors in how terrorism has evolved over the last 40 years. I have had a chance to speak with many Afghan interpreters while being in Afghanistan, and they all stated that when the Soviets destroyed the country in the 70's, the Taliban moved into the country from Pakistan and took control. As a result, they eliminated secular education and began to teach the Al Koran in their way. It is not the way traditional Muslims think.

Mohammed is not their God, Islam follows the same God as Christians. Please let us know where you get your information. I'll hang up and listen
a lot of folks know this, and think it ends at isaac and ishmael and the split after abraham's generation. the depth of crossover is much deeper, and it would serve islam well from a PR standpoint to talk about it more.

In Islam, Jesus holds roughly and equivalent spot to which John the Baptist Holds in Chrisianity. Jesus was the great prophet prior to the final prophet, Muhammed.
In Islam, Jesus was born of a virigin birth.
In Islam, Jesus was even as a child, pure and without sin.
Muslims believe that Jesus ascended to Heaven, although typically reject that he was crucified, died and absolutely reject that he rose.
Muslims believe that Jesus will return for the day of judgement to defeat the antichrist.

Last edited:
Reactions: gambrelw

Muhammad is not considered God to Muslims. He his a prophet they pray through. He is one of the three primary prophets: Jesus (Christian) and Moses (Jewish) being the others. And just so everyone knows, Allah is not a name...it is the arabic word for God. Again, people need to do their research.

Sorry, but you are the ignorant one here. For starters, Allah is in fact a name. One of the pillars of the Islamic faith is the statement: " There is no God but ALLAH and Muhammed is his prophet." In that very statement is the assertion of God's name being Allah rather than a generic form of the word "God". If the generic form that you claim is correct, the statement becomes incoherent(i.e. There is no God but GOD.....), you are simply wrong here. And a Muslim speaking factually would agree with ME.

The idea that this Allah is the same God of the Bible is a lie. The God of the Bible/Abraham reveals Himself as YAHWEH, the great I AM. His attributes are vastly different than those ascribed to Allah in the Koran. The Mexico City phone book is full of people named Jesus. Not one of them died on a Roman cross 2000 years ago and rose from the dead. They are all different from the Jesus of Scripture just as Allah is unrelated to the God revealed in the Bible. To think otherwise is an act of ignorance or deception.

The religion doesn't "focus on terror/murder", the radicals do. There has been more murder and terror in the name of Christianity in written history than every other religion combined. Does that make it a religion issue? Bad people do bad things. It's as simple as that.

Religion is a very powerful construct, and it can be used for good and bad. Good people who follow a religion are good people and use their religion for positive purposes. Bad people who follow a religion are bad people and use it for negative purposes. To think it's any more complex than that is naive at best.

Reactions: ColumbianTigerinATL
Sorry, but you are the ignorant one here. For starters, Allah is in fact a name. One of the pillars of the Islamic faith is the statement: " There is no God but ALLAH and Muhammed is his prophet." In that very statement is the assertion of God's name being Allah rather than a generic form of the word "God". If the generic form that you claim is correct, the statement becomes incoherent(i.e. There is no God but GOD.....), you are simply wrong here. And a Muslim speaking factually would agree with ME.

The idea that this Allah is the same God of the Bible is a lie. The God of the Bible/Abraham reveals Himself as YAHWEH, the great I AM. His attributes are vastly different than those ascribed to Allah in the Koran. The Mexico City phone book is full of people named Jesus. Not one of them died on a Roman cross 2000 years ago and rose from the dead. They are all different from the Jesus of Scripture just as Allah is unrelated to the God revealed in the Bible. To think otherwise is an act of ignorance or deception.

Nonsense....I am guessing you are a typical Christian bible thumper that has never taken the time to do the proper research.

Reactions: Edistoplayer
uh... some probelms. the old testement writers used different words for god, one of which is yahweh, but another is elohim, which is the plural form of elloah, which is Allah. The bible actually does use elloah, or Allah once.

and there is no dispute that prior to abraham, there is no differentiation between the two.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoshi121374
The Koran does not teach this crap and it is not a part of the true religion..... not sure how they brainwash all those people but they sure are good at it
Have to disagree with your statement. Here's a small sample size of their hate.
Quran Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" (Translation is from the Noble Quran) The verse prior to this (190) refers to "fighting for the cause of Allah those who fight you" leading some to believe that the entire passage refers to a defensive war in which Muslims are defending their homes and families. The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, however, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did). Verse 190 thus means to fight those who offer resistance to Allah's rule (ie. Muslim conquest). The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is disingenuous (the actual Arabic words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse). The word used instead, "fitna", can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. This is certainly what is meant in this context since the violence is explicitly commissioned "until religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief. Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things." Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot. Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help." Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority". This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah'). Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward." The martyrs of Islam are unlike the early Christians, who were led meekly to the slaughter. These Muslims are killed in battle as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah. This is the theological basis for today's suicide bombers. Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…" Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks." Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home).Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward " This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes. It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Quran, but rather a spiritual struggle. Not only is this Arabic word (mujahiduna) used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption. (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad, which would not make sense if it meant an internal struggle).

Have to disagree with your statement. Here's a small sample size of their hate.
Quran Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" (Translation is from the Noble Quran) The verse prior to this (190) refers to "fighting for the cause of Allah those who fight you" leading some to believe that the entire passage refers to a defensive war in which Muslims are defending their homes and families. The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, however, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did). Verse 190 thus means to fight those who offer resistance to Allah's rule (ie. Muslim conquest). The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is disingenuous (the actual Arabic words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse). The word used instead, "fitna", can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. This is certainly what is meant in this context since the violence is explicitly commissioned "until religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief. Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things." Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot. Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help." Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority". This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah'). Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward." The martyrs of Islam are unlike the early Christians, who were led meekly to the slaughter. These Muslims are killed in battle as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah. This is the theological basis for today's suicide bombers. Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…" Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks." Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home).Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward " This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes. It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Quran, but rather a spiritual struggle. Not only is this Arabic word (mujahiduna) used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption. (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad, which would not make sense if it meant an internal struggle).
the bible has its low points too... i agree the koran is less redeeming and doesn't have the new testament transformation that makes the racist, bigoted, and cruel parts of the old testament more PC.

Reactions: ColumbianTigerinATL
the bible has its low points too... i agree the koran is less redeeming and doesn't have the new testament transformation that makes the racist, bigoted, and cruel parts of the old testament more PC.
Have to know the difference before Grace.

You could not be more incorrect in your assessment of what the Koran teaches. It has been almost 15 years since 911, and terror around the globe has been nonstop from that religion, and people STILL believe the lie that Islam is fundamentally peaceful? Shame on you.

The Koran is available for anybody to study and find out for themselves. Instead of taking a little time to to KNOW the truth, you would rather stay in the dark and spread your ignorance to others. How about reading a bit so you are informed the next time you post on the subject of Islam.
I posted some of the Koran a couple of post above.

You really need to do some research.

By the way Jesus wasn't a prophet as you stated.

Have to know the difference before Grace.
i am firm in my faith and which one i believe, however, i think the dispensing of arrogance and ignroance is required to come to a civil understanding and agreement with islam, if not a theological understanding and agreement. and that i think is the ultimate problem, the inability, by both sides often, to separate civil action from theological belief. granted, the problem is much more sever on the islam side due to theological oligarchy.

By the way Jesus wasn't a prophet as you stated.
Not sure what this post means, that Islam does not believe Jesus was a prophet or that it is a factual dispute that he was intending to prophecise for Islam 2000 years ago. If your position is that the islamic religion does not hold Jesus as a prophet, please elaborate, as that blows my mind.

Not sure what this post means, that Islam does not believe Jesus was a prophet or that it is a factual dispute that he was intending to prophecise for Islam 2000 years ago. If your position is that the islamic religion does not hold Jesus as a prophet, please elaborate, as that blows my mind.

Please give us your understanding of the Holy Trinity........

Reactions: scartiger
a lot of folks know this, and think it ends at isaac and ishmael and the split after abraham's generation. the depth of crossover is much deeper, and it would serve islam well from a PR standpoint to talk about it more.

In Islam, Jesus holds roughly and equivalent spot to which John the Baptist Holds in Chrisianity.
In Islam, Jesus was the great prophet prior to the final prophet, Muhammed.
In Islam, Jesus was born of a virigin birth.
In Islam, Jesus was even as a child, pure and without sin.
Muslims believe that Jesus ascended to Heaven, although typically reject that he was crucified, died and absolutely reject that he rose.
Muslims believe that Jesus will return for the day of judgement to defeat the antichrist.

The facts you post here may be true to a degree.....so what? The Mormon and Jehovah's Witnesses likewise believe variant aspects of what you deem as "crossover" to the Biblical narratives....do similarities make those faiths valid or desirable? Or do the similar aspects found in fact reveal something else?

In Islam, that "equivalent spot" stands in stark contrast to the Jesus of the Bible who described Himself as "the way, the truth, and the life"....and of whom John the Baptist said he wasn't worthy of untying the laces of His shoes.

The Biblical Jesus said that he came to fulfill all that was spoken of Him in the Law and by the prophets, and any who came in the future claiming otherwise would be FALSE prophets( ahem, Muhammed, Joseph Smith, et.al.).

The Bible says "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God", yet clearly states Jesus was sinless and therefore God incarnate. Nevertheless, the Islamic faith rejects the Jesus of the Bible and elevates a murderous pedophile above Him.

What good are similarities when those similarities are designed to deceive people and keep them ignorant or blind concerning the truth? The God of the Bible hates a mixture. The Israelites were forbidden to have garments made of both wool and flax. Why? A little leaven(representing sin, or doctrinal error) corrupted the whole loaf.

The Bible claims that there is a deceiver who is a MASTER at mixing truth and error. My point? The fact that Islam agrees in parts to some of what the Bible teaches should not be heralded as a "service to Islam's PR problems". Rather, it should be seen for what it is: a counterfeit of the True God, the True Scripture, and the True Faith. Remember, there's always real cheese in a rat trap.

My understanding is that a fully auto rifle or any firearm is illegal in the USA and the ATF would consider possession or a conversion as a federal felony.

Correct?

Please give us your understanding of the Holy Trinity........
I believe Jesus Christ is the son of God and yet one with the Father, that the Holy Spirit is some other third part, that lacks a certian identitity and never made much sense to me as he was unnecessary as god the father was omnipresent and did not require another person to be present on earth.

my question remains, was the statement a factual dispute of intent or a dispute as to how Jesus is viewed by another religion, I don't understand how someone could be of the opinion that Jesus isn't (from the perspective of islam) a prophet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT