ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando nightclub massacre...

holy crap. the death toll is 50 now
anyone in Florida? go give blood. now.

not in Florida? go participate in a vigil, march in your town/city's pride parade, show the world that we stand together against terror and hate. Show ISIS and radical islamists that we wont be broken. we wont let them take over our lives.

DO SOMETHING.

if you want this to change? GO DO SOMETHING.

im done with this thread today. im going to go hug the people I love. Im going to go to a candlelight vigil and im going to do everything I can today.

some of you need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

you should probably have a beer too. you let people get WAAAAAAYYYYY to under your skin

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
The facts you post here may be true to a degree.....so what? The Mormon and Jehovah's Witnesses likewise believe variant aspects of what you deem as "crossover" to the Biblical narratives....do similarities make those faiths valid or desirable? Or do the similar aspects found in fact reveal something else?

In Islam, that "equivalent spot" stands in stark contrast to the Jesus of the Bible who described Himself as "the way, the truth, and the life"....and of whom John the Baptist said he wasn't worthy of untying the laces of His shoes.

The Biblical Jesus said that he came to fulfill all that was spoken of Him in the Law and by the prophets, and any who came in the future claiming otherwise would be FALSE prophets( ahem, Muhammed, Joseph Smith, et.al.).

The Bible says "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God", yet clearly states Jesus was sinless and therefore God incarnate. Nevertheless, the Islamic faith rejects the Jesus of the Bible and elevates a murderous pedophile above Him.

What good are similarities when those similarities are designed to deceive people and keep them ignorant or blind concerning the truth? The God of the Bible hates a mixture. The Israelites were forbidden to have garments made of both wool and flax. Why? A little leaven(representing sin, or doctrinal error) corrupted the whole loaf.

The Bible claims that there is a deceiver who is a MASTER at mixing truth and error. My point? The fact that Islam agrees in parts to some of what the Bible teaches should not be heralded as a "service to Islam's PR problems". Rather, it should be seen for what it is: a counterfeit of the True God, the True Scripture, and the True Faith. Remember, there's always real cheese in a rat trap.
i think you misunderstand the point of all my posts on the topic. i am neither an atheist, nor an agnostic, and I have no real connection to islam in any way. I want islam and christianity to regard each other in civil disputes as Christians and Jews do. Pervasive ignorance and arrogance by christians and the christian establishment, in my opinion, acts as a barrier to achieving that goal. You might note in my posts, i am 10x as critical of Islamic Governments and Islamic Clerics.

I have no religious respect for Islam. My only goal is that my faith, Christianity, and their faith might one day regard each other as my faith regards the Jewish faith. I think that is what my lord and savior would want.

This barbaric murderer was a US citizen. Born here and raised here. How should he have been handled?
w8jdJqy.jpg

You really need to do some research.

I have done my research. I know how this mess of terrorism evolved. My wife is a Muslim from Indonesia, which has the largest Muslim population in the world, and the country is appalled by what is going on. My brother-in-law is an Indonesian Military Officer and they have been told to shoot any ISIS members/recruiters on the spot...no courts required. I have my facts.

Last edited:
Any MF'er roaming in public spouting off about ISIS should either be put on a slow boat to Syria or put in a maximum security prison in the southwest desert never to be heard from again. This piss ant should not have been roaming the streets in FL or NY period.

The days of putting these mouth breathers on a watch list by the FBI is long gone.

And any liberal tard endorsing Hillary and her comments about stiffer gun laws need to jump off a cliff please and do us all a favor.

uh... some probelms. the old testement writers used different words for god, one of which is yahweh, but another is elohim, which is the plural form of elloah, which is Allah. The bible actually does use elloah, or Allah once.

and there is no dispute that prior to abraham, there is no differentiation between the two.

No dispute? According to who? I can link TONS of data that prove otherwise and cite a multitude of theological scholars that disagree with your claims.

I have done my research. I know how this mess of terrorism evolved. My wife is a Muslim from Indonesia, which has the largest Muslim population in the world, and the country is appalled by what is going on. My brother-in-law is an Indonesian Military Officer and they have been told to shoot any ISIS members/recruiters on the spot...not courts required. I have my facts.
You may have your facts about the military but not the one and only true God.

This barbaric murderer was a US citizen. Born here and raised here. How should he have been handled?

I don't understand why people can't have a reasonable discussion about the facts. None of the below can be settled with 100% certainty for obvious reasons. but this is what I understand and see.

The FBI had two separate cases, in 2013 and 2014, that alerted them to this guys behavior, both of which were closed. Not sure why - but what's done is done. And now this. We live in a culture where when we see an orange, we can't call it an orange without certain people trying to convince us its a banana, even when the orange tastes like a citrus and says it is. Mainly our president and/or individuals who are in positions to affect change. Watch the differences in the videos being released locally and produced nationally. You can almost see a difference in the understanding over the true impact of the disparity. the FLA governor recently looked relieved when the FBI agent got up and used the word "Islamic" terrorist. The FBI agent, admitted embarrassing truths to the situation. Then we have a president, who even leading up to today has been prancing around the truth to radical Islamic agendas. I've lost faith in his ability to objectively free up the agencies dealing with issues such as this so that they are equipped with unlimited resources to ensure the freedom of individuals like ourselves. Combine this with his quick snap judgements with regarding issues that advance his own agenda. He can contrive this episode with "wanting the facts before speaking". But why wasn't that "patience" used with Benghazi or every other issue that he didn't either need to support a political ally or advance an agenda.

When there is a clear face to threat and terror, it needs to be given it. The longer that takes, the more harm there is.

yes - mateen was born in the united states, yes he is a legal citizen. BUT today we still are publicily opening our arms to heavily populated Muslim countries who have these radicals in their midst. We cannot continue to have such open arms (this is just my opinion) while also not recognizing the massive long term threat that it opens ourselves up to. Our security should be their biggest concern, and I just don't see them acting that way, which is insulting and sad. Call it what it is, and let's see what their solution is. There's obviously still time, however, this isn't the first, won't be the last, and has been building up for awhile.

There have been ten things come out today that supports this being a radical Muslim carrying out his/their clearly stated objective in compassionately killing homosexuals. Homosexual issues aside, its murder. Murdering 50 people. Christians or conservative republicans who don't support homosexual practice DON'T say that they need to be "compassionately murdered"; at most they desire to have the freedom to simply say "i'm sorry but we can't conduct your wedding in our church".

Last edited:
i think you misunderstand the point of all my posts on the topic. i am neither an atheist, nor an agnostic, and I have no real connection to islam in any way. I want islam and christianity to regard each other in civil disputes as Christians and Jews do. Pervasive ignorance and arrogance by christians and the christian establishment, in my opinion, acts as a barrier to achieving that goal. You might note in my posts, i am 10x as critical of Islamic Governments and Islamic Clerics.

I have no religious respect for Islam. My only goal is that my faith, Christianity, and their faith might one day regard each other as my faith regards the Jewish faith. I think that is what my lord and savior would want.

This is great and all but it's extremely naive. Do you not understand that they don't want "regard" us in any way other than death. That's the only language they understand or want. There is no talking or reasoning here. It's sad but true. Anybody who doesn't understand that on a day like this has their head in the sand.

This is great and all but it's extremely naive. Do you not understand that they don't want "regard" us in any way other than death. That's the only language they understand or want. There is no talking or reasoning here. It's sad but true. Anybody who doesn't understand that on a day like this has their head in the sand.

It is about their lack of secular education and the corruption in the middle east.

and now you are being naive, because there are millions upon millions of muslims that want a peaceful truce with christianity and americans.

and now you are being naive, because there are millions upon millions of muslims that want a peaceful truce with christianity and americans.

Haha. If this was true they could easily handle this problem instead of at worst turning a blind eye. They breed this. They let it go on in their community. Many support it. Where are all these peaceful Muslims that are outraged? Why aren't they cleaning their own house? The truth is that it's popular and politically correct to say Islam is a peaceful religion. It's not and its proved time and again. I'mout of this thread as its really a waste of time. I won't convince you of anything and the reverse is true. We are all set in our ways. Like I said earlier - I really believe we all want the same thing. We want to prevent this stuff from happening. We just have very different views on how to do so.

Haha. If this was true they could easily handle this problem instead of at worst turning a blind eye. They breed this. They let it go on in their community. Many support it. Where are all these peaceful Muslims that are outraged? Why aren't they cleaning their own house? The truth is that it's popular and politically correct to say Islam is a peaceful religion. It's not and its proved time and again. I'mout of this thread as its really a waste of time. I won't convince you of anything and the reverse is true. We are all set in our ways. Like I said earlier - I really believe we all want the same thing. We want to prevent this stuff from happening. We just have very different views on how to do so.

Muslims in the middle east don't have the same technology to understand what is going on in the world. Yes, the largest Muslim country in the world is outraged and prepared to do something. However, the Indonesians can't solve the corrupt middle east.

Muslims in the middle east don't want the same technology to understand what is going on in the world. Yes, the largest Muslim country in the world is outraged and prepared to do something. However, the Indonesians can't solve the corrupt middle east.

fify

Read up on the history of Afghanistan regarding anyone's attempt to "westernize" the country. It's pretty clear what happens and what they want (at least in that country).

You should have just said, "it's difficult for any religion consisting of 1.5 billion followers with 1,250 variable beliefs, to come together with one clear consistent position"

You would have looked more informed

But, even the bible doesn't believe in gay relations. This has absolutely nothing with what happened today.

Did I mention the bible? Everything you've posted in this thread has nothing to do with what happened today and I was responding to one of those posts.....

Did I mention the bible? Everything you've posted in this thread has nothing to do with what happened today and I was responding to one of those posts.....

No...but what you did say by linking the article is that Indonesia is somewhat responsible because they don't believe in gay rights.

No...but what you did say by linking the article is that Indonesia is somewhat responsible because they don't believe in gay rights.

Don't believe in gay rights is a bit of an understatement. Wherever Sharia law is prevalent, the right of homosexuals to even live, is in grave danger.

No, that's not what I said. It's pretty clear from my comment and the post I quoted

No, that's not what I said. It's pretty clear from my comment and the post I quoted

Then you should start writing better posts and explaining your link.

"Should start working in their own country" with a link.

What the hell does that mean and how is that relevant based on the link you provided? Because of your lack of information, I had to infer what you were trying to say.

It is obvious you have never been to Afghanistan...Man-Love-Thursday

Open homosexuality is tolerated in Afghanistan?

Do their current political leaders openly state that gays should be put to death or is that exclusive to Indonesia?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: scartiger
Any MF'er roaming in public spouting off about ISIS should either be put on a slow boat to Syria or put in a maximum security prison in the southwest desert never to be heard from again. This piss ant should not have been roaming the streets in FL or NY period.

The days of putting these mouth breathers on a watch list by the FBI is long gone.

And any liberal tard endorsing Hillary and her comments about stiffer gun laws need to jump off a cliff please and do us all a favor.

that is a historical theory based in some fact, but still very much open for debate as to actual motives. i think as with many things, 100 years from now there will be remnants of today thinking as well as progressive advances.
In 100 years the Koran will still say the same thing, kill the infadils.

Yes, the largest Muslim country in the world is outraged and prepared to do something. However, the Indonesians can't solve the corrupt middle east.

It was relevant because you posted this, that the Indonesians were prepared to do something because they were outraged. Prior poster just rightly pointed out, they can start doing something in their own country to help, they don't need to worry about solving the Middle East's problems.

Reactions: scartiger
Open homosexuality is tolerated in Afghanistan?

Do their current political leaders openly state that gays should be put to death or is that exclusive to Indonesia?

Thanks in advance

I will say it is ignored...just like the rest of the corruption in the country.

It was relevant because you posted this, that the Indonesians were prepared to do something because they were outraged. Prior poster just rightly pointed out, they can start doing something in their own country to help, they don't need to worry about solving the Middle East's problems.

I will say there is massive corruption in Indonesia in the Gov't, but the military has full authorization to deal with ISIS however they feel within the country. The Gov't in Indonesia does not control the military.

I will say there is massive corruption in Indonesia in the Gov't, but the military has full authorization to deal with ISIS however they feel within the country. The Gov't in Indonesia does not control the military.

No one's talking about corruption or ISIS, but the creeping influence of Sharia law. ISIS is bad enough but they are on the fringes. Sharia law itself is much more widespread and problematic when it comes to meshing with Western liberal values.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT