ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chick in Anderson on meth

I would never ridicule a patient. But I’ve had plenty of patients joke about themselves, and I’ll certainly laugh along. Notice how I did not make fun of someone in the hospital ITT, but rather someone just out in public who happened to be high on meth.

This board is so sensitive. Lighten up some

Hey Einstein.....she is presently a patient in the hospital and you made fun and ridiculed her

I am not surprised you have fallen short in your medical goals as your immaturity probable shows up in interviews......there is still time for you to grow up.......best of luck to you

Hey Einstein.....she is presently a patient in the hospital and you made fun and ridiculed her

I am not surprised you have fallen short in your medical goals as your immaturity probable shows up in interviews......there is still time for you to grow up.......best of luck to you
Ok well now that she’s been in a hospital I take it back and recognize her immunity from having jokes made. Never mind. Allow me to change my response:

Wow, so sad. Prayers to the family and all involved. Drugs are bad.

Also, congrats on ridiculing a clemson grad trying to move forward in their life. What a great look for you

To those asking, I would absolutely call her a junkie to her face, and yes, I would do the same to any of my family members (although my parents raised us appropriately, and we chose to lay off booger sugar, the devil's lettuce etc.). Although I can't say the same thing for some of my worthless cousins.

To those asking, I would absolutely call her a junkie to her face, and yes, I would do the same to any of my family members (although my parents raised us appropriately, and we chose to lay off booger sugar, the devil's lettuce etc.). Although I can't say the same thing for some of my worthless cousins.
You’re fine Ron, if you say it’s no big deal because you’ve made me laugh before. But @johnhugh is a stupid millennial lib and he should shut up!!

How one gets to the point in their life where they inject a drug into their own arm to get high I will never understand.

Reactions: Ron Munson
Dont know for certain, BUT its a story I have seen many times before ....

somewhere there is a politician, a pharmaceutical company executive, a shareholder, and a over prescribing whore doctor all enjoying the perks and benefits of getting another person addicted to prescription opioid based pain medication all the while lobbying to keep marijuana illegal .....

I agree. But I also don’t think she’s reading this thread. It’s no secret the internet is different than face to face.
Well it shouldn't be. I don't say anything to anybody on here that I wouldnt say to their face. I guess I'm just different or maybe my mama raised me right.

Ok well now that she’s been in a hospital I take it back and recognize her immunity from having jokes made. Never mind. Allow me to change my response:

Wow, so sad. Prayers to the family and all involved. Drugs are bad.

Also, congrats on ridiculing a clemson grad trying to move forward in their life. What a great look for you

Last comment and I am done....you took it as ridicule saying changing your attitude would help you?.....sorry but it was advice and I wished you well moving forward with your goals

I am seeing this happen to a friend right now. He and his wife just finished building their dream home for about $4mm on the NJ shore. She got addicted to vicadin years ago, went to rehab and he thought all was well. Then on Christmas day she tells him that she is back on drugs (much heavier stuff than vicadin this time). As he digs into it more, he finds out all kinds of crazy sh*t. She was cheating with multiple others (all addicts also), got into multiple wrecks that she never told him about, and took their 5 year old daughter with her to go into NYC to do drugs.

Now they are divorcing, she is back in rehab, he had a judge kick her out of their house and she can only see her daughter under supervised visits. In the last few weeks, she has missed half of her scheduled supervised visits. The house they spent 3 years building is going on the market. They lived in it for 6 months.

The crazy thing is, she takes no personal responsibility for any of it. It is all his fault, not hers. She seems solely focused on getting as much money out of him as she can. At one point, she threatened to kill herself b/c my friend refused to talk to her on the phone. In a boss move, he called her parents and told them to deal with it. They were equally over her shit, so they had her committed.

I have known her for years and it is crazy to see what this shit did to her. I really feel terrible for their daughter. Her crack ho mom chose drugs over her.

This exact story is being lived and repeated everyday all over the country. It's really sad. Like you said...people chose drugs over kids, marriage, houses, money, everything...

@OrangeRegalia and @scartiger this is absolutely right. My wife graduated from Clemson Nursing and during her time there as a student, they often had to do home-visits for people in the upstate. There were a few occasions where they went to a wellness check and the teacher/supervisor noticed meth either in the house and/or cooking. Now, she works for a hospital system in this triangle area in Atlanta and said that they see probably 10-15 people admitted DAILY for some sort of drug related overdose at just the facility in which she works. Average home price probably $500k+, Ferrari dealership 1 mile away, some of the best steakhouses and restaurants closeby, doesn't matter.

Reactions: scartiger
For those that don't know how addictive drugs are and yes even prescription. Friend of mine that is now deceased was addicted to heroin. Another guy was shooting up the same stuff he was but it killed his friend. Once he realized what had happened he took everything his dead friend had out of his pockets money mostly and left him. He got clean later on in life and started a ministry in Travelers Rest to help addicts. I've seen it with alcohol first hand with my cousin also. It's devastating not only to the addict but to family and friends as well.

Last comment and I am done....you took it as ridicule saying changing your attitude would help you?.....sorry but it was advice and I wished you well moving forward with your goals
I misinterpreted. Thank you though I appreciate it. Waiting to hear back about whether or not I got an interview from a school, feeling pretty good about it so far. I improved my application a ton ever since my senior year at clemson started. Plus working at a hospital has provided both great experience and confirmed that I love patient care. I’m quite grateful that I have had the opportunity to get some experience in the field so that way I know I want to do it

If you had ever had a loved one struggle with addiction you wouldn't make such an insensitive bullshit comment. You need to freaking mature a little. Hope you never have to see someone you love battle drugs.
If this were a liberal, immigrant, or Zion Williamson, this board would have no problem laughing and making jokes. Yourself included.

The crackdown on opioid pain meds is only a small part of the problem but it was a decent step. Much bigger problem is drugs like meth. Most people aren’t aware how bad the problems are right in their quiet little neighborhoods. Things have been getting progressively worse each year and I’m not sure what will win the battle at this point.

Reactions: Ron Munson
So apparently a chick in Anderson was on meth yesterday, pulled her eyeballs out, and ate them.

What. The. Fvck.

Anybody know more about this? Meth is a very scary drug.

Here's the FB post I saw:

I am sitting in the ICU with my daughter (adult 20). She has been on meth for about 6 months and was battling this drug. Today she was across from the church by her, which is also a place for help for addicts, on her knees screaming and pulled both of her eyes out of the socket and ate them. I am completely numb right now. This doesn't seem real to me. She was struggling because she didn't want to do it anymore and I believe she was headed to that church for help. My heart is broken and she will never see again. Please pray for her and our family. This drug is evil and share if you need because she would want that to keep someone else from ever doing it the first time! Today has been the worst day of my life. I am thankful she is alive! But she will never see again. I follow a local crime group on Facebook for my area to make sure she was never on it. Someone posted the story on there from the news and the comments are inhumane! The heartless people make me sick. I have cried so much I have no tears left. I hope somehow this helps someone because my daughter would want that. She has a beautiful heart and would want to help someone! The road is going to be long for her and our family! I ask for prayer! Thank you for reading this and if just 1 child and 1parent doesn't have to go through this it was worth telling!
This story sounds more like a flakka type of personality trait not a meth. On flakka will eat human flesh which doesnt matter both are bad. I feel for the family.

Each of you making jokes is blind to the fact that this could happen to your family. You need to take a long look in the mirror and think before you post such tasteless BS. Sure, hindsight is 20/20 - but it's obvious this girl made a couple of bad decisions that any of you could have made. I can tell you this - seeing is believing - and I've seen firsthand what these drugs can do to people and their families. Most of you would cry your eyes out if you ever had to experience it.

This board has no issue knocking illegal aliens, rioters, or mostly any other criminal, but when it comes to a junkie, who by definition is a criminal, they somehow are only a victim?

Makes perfect sense.
Don't forget the people who might affiliate with a different political party.

Reactions: Smiling_Tiger
The crackdown on opioid pain meds is only a small part of the problem but it was a decent step. Much bigger problem is drugs like meth. Most people aren’t aware how bad the problems are right in their quiet little neighborhoods. Things have been getting progressively worse each year and I’m not sure what will win the battle at this point.
I spent 17 days in Singapore last year. I didnt hear a siren once while I was there. A HUGE metropolitan city and a walked aimlessly for HOURS and never felt unsafe even once.

How is this accomplished?

On my immigration form entering the country, in bold, capitalized red letters it says "DRUG TRAFFICKING PUNISHABLE BY DEATH" ..... and they mean it. That is what is needed here ... if youre a user you get help .... if youre caught dealing opioid based drugs? Youre done .... finished ..... express line to the gas chamber.

I spent 17 days in Singapore last year. I didnt hear a siren once while I was there. A HUGE metropolitan city and a walked aimlessly for HOURS and never felt unsafe even once.

How is this accomplished?

On my immigration form entering the country, in bold, capitalized red letters it says "DRUG TRAFFICKING PUNISHABLE BY DEATH" ..... and they mean it. That is what is needed here ... if youre a user you get help .... if youre caught dealing opioid based drugs? Youre done .... finished ..... express line to the gas chamber.
If they would first legalize weed, I'd be 100% behind a law like that. I'm dead serious.

When people say they'd never try heroine because they see how bad it is don't understand this epidemic. The primary cause is doctors prescribing opioids for back pain, surgery etc. and the patient becomes addicted. When they exhaust all options of getting more prescription refills they have to turn to heroine to get their fix. At that point, they are willing to try anything to give them their next high. I've seen so many good kids from my area get started that way and go downhill so fast. I'm not blaming doctors because they initially have a legitimate need for pain meds but only in the past few years have they become more strict on the amounts they are prescribing.

So apparently a chick in Anderson was on meth yesterday, pulled her eyeballs out, and ate them.

What. The. Fvck.

I am sitting in the ICU with my daughter (adult 20). She has been on meth for about 6 months and was battling this drug. Today she was across from the church by her, which is also a place for help for addicts, on her knees screaming and pulled both of her eyes out of the socket and ate them. I am completely numb right now. This doesn't seem real to me. She was struggling because she didn't want to do it anymore and I believe she was headed to that church for help. My heart is broken and she will never see again. Please pray for her and our family. This drug is evil and share if you need because she would want that to keep someone else from ever doing it the first time! Today has been the worst day of my life. I am thankful she is alive! But she will never see again. I follow a local crime group on Facebook for my area to make sure she was never on it. Someone posted the story on there from the news and the comments are inhumane! The heartless people make me sick. I have cried so much I have no tears left. I hope somehow this helps someone because my daughter would want that. She has a beautiful heart and would want to help someone! The road is going to be long for her and our family! I ask for prayer! Thank you for reading this and if just 1 child and 1parent doesn't have to go through this it was worth telling!

Omg! Wow. Maybe saddest thing I’ve ever read. My mom had told me about this a couple days ago. From what I understood from her the Mother is a member from her church.

Have u ever seen someone that’s a meth addict? They are literally a walking Skeleton. Can’t imagine a much lower rock bottom than a Meth addict. They literally poison themselves with every dose.

Each of you making jokes is blind to the fact that this could happen to your family. You need to take a long look in the mirror and think before you post such tasteless BS. Sure, hindsight is 20/20 - but it's obvious this girl made a couple of bad decisions that any of you could have made. I can tell you this - seeing is believing - and I've seen firsthand what these drugs can do to people and their families. Most of you would cry your eyes out if you ever had to experience it.

I can honestly say that not one single member of my family has tried something like meth, and wouldn't, ever. It has nothing to do with being raised right. It has to do with not being a damn loser. Meth heads are flat out losers and a complete waste of space. If this offends you, I don't care.

Reactions: JamesERustle
Sure, hindsight is 20/20 - but it's obvious this girl made a couple of bad decisions that any of you could have made.
giphy.gif

I can honestly say that not one single member of my family has tried something like meth, and wouldn't, ever. It has nothing to do with being raised right. It has to do with not being a damn loser. Meth heads are flat out losers and a complete waste of space. If this offends you, I don't care.
Hope you don't ever have to eat those words one day.

Don’t know one thing about meth but I’m very familiar with opioid addiction. Hell on earth for all involved. Some of you are just missing a freaking sensitivity chip.

I won't have to. No one in my family would think to themselves "Let's go hang out with meth users" or "I'm having a hard time at work, I may buy meth to make me feel better."
Would you have a family member that would take a drink, pill ,or smoke a joint?

Sorry, I am not going to feel sorry for some junkie. I only feel sorry for the tax payers, police, citizens, etc that have to deal with the consequences.

Call me cold hearted or whatever, I really don't care, my patience with junkies ran out a long time ago.
Compassion man. Compassion. We all struggle with something.

Compassion man. Compassion. We all struggle with something.

Yes we do.

And I have a lot of respect for people that put in the effort and successfully beat alcoholism, smoking, drugs, etc. Same goes for people who are obese who struggle and get to a normal weight.

I just don't have any respect or tolerance for the ones that don't care

When people say they'd never try heroine because they see how bad it is don't understand this epidemic. The primary cause is doctors prescribing opioids for back pain, surgery etc. and the patient becomes addicted. When they exhaust all options of getting more prescription refills they have to turn to heroine to get their fix. At that point, they are willing to try anything to give them their next high. I've seen so many good kids from my area get started that way and go downhill so fast. I'm not blaming doctors because they initially have a legitimate need for pain meds but only in the past few years have they become more strict on the amounts they are prescribing.
^ this!

My wife is a workers compensation attorney. She used to be on the claimants side, but she left to do defense work about 6 years ago. The primary reasons she left were
1) 8 out of 10 clients werent really that injured and were looking for drugs
2) the Doctors that her bosses (partners at the firm) would send the clients to were absolute whores and would write a oxycontin script for a paper cut.

as I said earlier, SURE people need to take personal accountability for their actions, but oxy vicodin and percocets(sp?) were being prescribed like candy until a few short years ago. Pharmaceutical Execs, Lobbyists, and Politicians all have blood on their hands ....BUT lets argue about gender identity politics instead

... there are a lot of "eye", "seen". "seeing" references in this post ....

My "Trolling" meter is going off ....

If this post is serious ...I agree

If this post is a troll ... well done

;)

I told my wife to go ahead and call a lawyer if my kid ever gets to using drugs. I won't harm my kid, but the person who sold them to him:

tumblr_lznw3rPRyX1rohqiho1_500.gif

What. The. Fvck.

Well, it's on Facebook so you already know it's only 50% true.

Reactions: wmnesbitt
I told my wife to go ahead and call a lawyer if my kid ever gets to using drugs. I won't harm my kid, but the person who sold them to him:

tumblr_lznw3rPRyX1rohqiho1_500.gif
My son just turned 5, so Im now kind of thinking when is the best time to start the conversation about drugs and such. He is probably still too young now, but I figure by age 10 I need to start having these talks

I have a couple buddies who work vice in Baltimore City and north Anne Arundel County. Im sure they woudl take my kids around and show this stuff that woudl scare the hell out of them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT