ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chick in Anderson on meth

Hope they lock that criminal up after she gets out the hospital. Can't feel sorry for criminals. What next pedophiles have an addiction problem and they are the victims?
Wow on comparing addiction to pedophilia. I mean, just wow. I guess if you've smoked a joint, taken a drink, done some blow, smoked a cigarette or even eaten some puss.....you've delved in pedophilia....

Because that's about as stupid as your statement is.

Reactions: Grumplin
Reactionary, emotional thinking seems to be the norm for people these days. Frustrating isn't it?

Yes. And I've about reached my limit on the board with it. And I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I can choose to remove myself from it at anytime. But when it's a topic that hits so close to home for me--- it's tough not to speak out. Because so many are ignorant when it comes to addiction.

Wow on comparing addiction to pedophilia. I mean, just wow. I guess if you've smoked a joint, taken a drink, done some blow, smoked a cigarette or even eaten some puss.....you've delved in pedophilia....

Because that's about as stupid as your statement is.
Smoking a joint is illegal in most states which would make you a criminal. Drinking in all states is legal if you're of age. Doing blow is illegal every. Smoking cigarettes is legal if you're of age. Eating pussy is legal in most states. Your all over the place. I compared an illegal act to another illegal act. What the heck are you talking about?

Thank god your not a physician and if your serious you do not belong in any patient care capacity. Personally hope you are trolling. If not I am sure you would never let your directors/supervisors read your posts as you would be gone from the ER.
Haha. No I wouldn't. I'll print out a copy for them.
Well, thank you Jesus you're not a doctor.
Thank god your not a physician and if your serious you do not belong in any patient care capacity. Personally hope you are trolling. If not I am sure you would never let your directors/supervisors read your posts as you would be gone from the ER.

You guys are salty. Yeah. Maybe I lack compassion but I am also able to see the big picture and past emotion. Not long ago, there was a nationwide Narcan shortage. What if that were to get worse. Because we treated some addicts 10-15 times, that toddler that ingested a bunch of moms narcs can't be treated with it now. How about your half blind grandpa that accidentally takes the wrong Med. He screwed.

I have been a little over the top in this thread and in the other that @Grumplin pointed out, sure. But at some point it needs to come down to personal responsibility. I like to treat people that actually care about their health. When people's repeated bad choices start to cause issues for patients that actually care, that's when I start to have issues. Like I said, I will treat them because it's my job. I may be indifferent because I know the issues these people can cause.

If a patient truly needs something, I will do everything I can to help them, even if it's as little as holding a hand for a few minutes. I will argue with doctors on behalf of my patients. When I was a medic, I took many of patients from one ER to another because they tried to make me take them to the lobby instead of a bed. Could have lost my job for doing it but I realized these patients needed help ASAP.

But y'all keep up the personal attacks. I'm enjoying it.

Last edited:
Smoking a joint is illegal in most states which would make you a criminal. Drinking in all states is legal if you're of age. Doing blow is illegal every. Smoking cigarettes is legal if you're of age. Eating pussy is legal in most states. Your all over the place. I compared an illegal act to another illegal act. What the heck are you talking about?
And what the heck are you talking about? That was the fvickin piont. Pedophiles rape kids, not puff on a joint, take a drink or smoke cigs. Stop trying to make it what it is not.

Hate to tell you, but I don't have to sympathize with drug addicts to find flaws in your statement.
So you're saying because she pulled out her eyes that she didn't break the law by using meth. That's what I was talking about. Bank robbers shouldn't go to jail because he broke his ankle running out the bank right? He's addicted to money.

You guys are salty. Yeah. Maybe I lack compassion but I am also able to see the big picture and past emotion. Not long ago, there was a nationwide Narcan shortage. What if that were to get worse. Because we treated some addicts 10-15 times, that toddler that ingested a bunch of moms narcs can't be treated with it now. How about you half blind grandpa that accidentally takes the wrong Med. He screwed.

I have been a little over the top in this thread and in the other that @Grumplin pointed out, sure. But at some point it needs to come down to personal responsibility. I like to treat people that actually care about their health. When people's repeated bad choices start to cause issues for patients that actually care, that's when I start to have issues. Like I said, I will treat them because it's my job. I may be indifferent because I know the issues these people can cause.

If a patient truly needs something, I will do everything I can to help them, even if it's as little as holding a hand for a few minutes. I will argue with doctors on behalf of my patients. When I was a medic, I took many of patients from one ER to another because they tried to make me take them to the lobby instead of a bed. Could have lost my job for doing it but I realized these patients needed help ASAP.

I wouldn't disagree with anything you state here. I probably came off as passing judgment on you earlier, and that wasn't my intention.

And what the heck are you talking about? That was the fvickin piont. Pedophiles rape kids, not puff on a joint, take a drink or smoke cigs. Stop trying to make it what it is not.
The acts I stated are illegal. You brought up all that other bs. We are a land of laws if you don't like it move to another country. It's that simple

So you're saying because she pulled out her eyes that she didn't break the law by using meth. That's what I was talking about. Bank robbers shouldn't go to jail because he broke his ankle running out the bank right? He's addicted to money.
First, there is no statute punishing citizens for drug use. The statutes forbid drug possession. So if she had drugs in her possession, yes, she could be charged and tried. However, the assertion that she should be arrested for her drug use has no lawful grounds. It is not illegal to be high. It is illegal to possess drugs. You cannot arrest and charge someone for possession just because they are high if they no longer possess the drugs. Having the drugs in your system does not meet the statutory definition of possession.

Second, you introduced a red herring with your pedophilia analogy. It was a base appeal to emotion and an associational fallacy. Lastly, if you are implying that it is illegal to harm yourself, that is also not factually correct. There are no criminal self-harm statutes. It would not serve any public policy to punish or isolate people from society for self-harm.

H2pFAfo.png

Anyone who has suffered with a loved one from addiction will relate to the sheer truth in these mighty powerful words. So those of you who have no compassion/ sympathy for the addict.... how about the rest of us hard working family members who love them and are trapped in a living daily hell on earth? Not knowing if they will make it through the day or will be another tragic overdose news story?

The clean, innocent, sober family members/ friends do the majority of the suffering because the addict doesn't give a shit. They can't be rationalized nor reasoned with. Addiction affects far more than just the "loser" addict as some of you so nonchalantly refer to them. Addiction can bring heartache and misery to any family. Rich or poor.

The hairs on the back of my neck stand up everytime I read this " poem". Because I have suffered and lived through it and survived it. And I've often used this board as an escape to get away from it......

I will pray for the poor family and the girl who inflicted such harm upon herself under the influence of drugs. They are all the latest tragic victimS ( yes, victims with an S ) of the drug epidemic.

Nobody will dispute that Amy. Most of us feel terrible for the family. Nothing worse or more heartbreaking than a parent putting drugs over their children. I'm truly sorry you went through what you did.

The acts I stated are illegal. You brought up all that other bs. We are a land of laws if you don't like it move to another country. It's that simple
You're comparing pedophila with drinking underage or smoking a joint in an illegal state?

What next? Sharia law for adultery?

Move to another country.....lol, ok buddy.

You guys are salty. Yeah. Maybe I lack compassion but I am also able to see the big picture and past emotion. Not long ago, there was a nationwide Narcan shortage. What if that were to get worse. Because we treated some addicts 10-15 times, that toddler that ingested a bunch of moms narcs can't be treated with it now. How about your half blind grandpa that accidentally takes the wrong Med. He screwed.

Good thing you're not a doctor or nurse. Don't care about the rest.

First, there is no statute punishing citizens for drug use. The statutes forbid drug possession. So if she had drugs in her possession, yes, she could be charged and tried. However, the assertion that she should be arrested for her drug use has no lawful grounds. It is not illegal to be high. It is illegal to possess drugs. You cannot arrest and charge someone for possession just because they are high if they no longer possess the drugs. Having the drugs in your system does not meet the statutory definition of possession.

Second, you introduced a red herring with your pedophilia analogy. It was a base appeal to emotion and an associational fallacy. Lastly, if you are implying that it is illegal to harm yourself, that is also not factually correct. There are no criminal self-harm statutes. It would not serve any public policy to punish or isolate people from society for self-harm.
How do you know she didn't have drug paraphernalia on her?

I wouldn't disagree with anything you state here. I probably came off as passing judgment on you earlier, and that wasn't my intention.
Sorry. I am an azzhole at times. I don't really take anything here personally. I'm sure we may not agree on a lot of things but I'd still buy you or the other two a beer.

How do you know she didn't have drug paraphernalia on her?
I don't know that, and neither do you. Which is why it is irrelevant. You stated that she was a criminal and that she should be "locked up", without having any facts to support your assertion, other than that she was under the influence of a drug and terribly injured herself. That is why your premise is flawed. You emotionally jumped to a knee-jerk conclusion. You are seeking to indict her for her behavior, which is not criminal.

Oh goodness, how ironic.

Huh? I can say that I do understand where you are coming from. I wish I could be like that sometimes. It comes from a good place. I just don't think everyone deserves compassion or treatment. You have yet to reply to any of the scenarios.

I don't know that, and neither do you. Which is why it is irrelevant. You stated that she was a criminal and that she should be "locked up", without having any facts to support your assertion, other than that she was under the influence of a drug and terribly injured herself. That is why your premise is flawed. You emotionally jumped to a knee-jerk conclusion. You are seeking to indict her for her behavior, which is not criminal.
Okay so now drug use isn't illegal? I'm done have a good day.

Okay so now drug use isn't illegal? I'm done have a good day.
I'm not aware of any statute, in any state, that solely punishes drug use. I will happily concede my point to you if you could find one. Statutes criminalizing drug use and addiction have been found unconstitutional by SCOTUS under the 8th and 14th Amendments.

I'm not aware of any statute, in any state, that solely punishes drug use. I will happily concede my point to you if you could find one. Statutes criminalizing drug use and addiction have been found unconstitutional by SCOTUS under the 8th and 14th Amendments.
For you to use drugs you need them on you which is illegal. You right we don't know if she had them on here or not. I would bet she did

Not to mention alcohol addiction. If you're over 21 you could drink all you want if you sit in your house and don't drive and keep to yourself.

But, that's on the same level as pedophila according to @Edistoplayer

For you to use drugs you need them on you which is illegal. You right we don't know if she had them on here or not. I would bet she did
That may certainly be true. I can't escape the feeling, however, that this fact is rather unimportant to you. Your posts have contained an interwoven theme that drug users should all just be thrown in jail by virtue of the fact that they use drugs, whether or not they are actually in violation of a law when they are confronted by government authority. Which is fine if it is your personal belief, I suppose. But it really has no bearing on the workings of our criminal justice system and is therefore just another hysterical ejaculation into the babel of opinion that makes up public discourse these days. It is bothersome.

Making fun of patients isn't the problem. I think anyone that has worked in the environment you work in learns to cope with the stress through humor. People should make more jokes about sensitive topics IMO. I don't have any patience for political correctness, trigger warnings, or the like. That being said, some of your comments go beyond what is appropriate for a health care worker. It shows a callous indifference to human suffering and a lack of compassion. This is not the same as just making jokes. I think it would benefit you to impartially reflect on that.

You are a sanctimonious ignorant prick.

Edit... that's being nice.

Exactly. There are certain professions that can bitch to a degree, because you didnt know exactly what you would be getting in to. However teachers, cops, doctors, nurses, etc. however much shit you have to put up with, have no reason to bitch, because they knew exactly what they would be getting in to and a very good idea of their income.

Life is not static Ron. Sometimes you choose a profession and the rules of the game changes, quite a lot! Take Police for a minute....do you not think things are much different for police officers now than they were ten years ago....(speaking of the average beat cop here) ?

You are a sanctimonious ignorant prick.

Edit... that's being nice.
Whoa tough guy. What's got you upset? Can you also clarify upon which points I am ignorant? I agree that I am sanctimonious and uppity.

Last edited:
After my ankle surgery following my stadium jumping incident years ago, the hospital gave me oxy post surgery. After the first 2 days my dad took it and disposed of it once he’d talked to my doctor to get something weaker.

At the time, I didn’t understand why he was doing it. Years later when a distant cousin of mine struggle through an oxy addiction and rehab I understood.

My family has a robust history of folks with addiction. My dad is a recovering alcoholic (23 years sober) and I knew as much as I liked taking them percs I was close to being dependant on them

I guess she was trying to take a look inside herself
I’m in Recovery and have been sober for 15 years. I’ve lost a sister and countless friends to this disease. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. Someone in your life has or will be affected by addiction. It’s a terminal disease like Cancer. Do you make fun of people suffering from Cancer as well?

Sheesh. How do people make the decision to even try that stuff? I do not have an impulsive or addictive personality so I guess I dont understand. But goodness, you can clearly see the negative effects of this stuff from numerous examples and still decide it’s for you? What is going on in one’s life to turn to this stuff?

I hear you. I've asked this exact question more than once. I can actually answer it now, although the answer is not simple. About the best I can do if you are looking for a simple answer is: They aren't thinking (at least not rationally, as you are above). Those of you that can only digest a couple of sentences should quit now. There could be paragraphs below.

So especially for teenagers (and even some adults we all know). Making consistently good decisions for the long term is not a strength. In fact Teenagers make really bad decisions all the time. They range from the unfortunate wardrobe choices to deciding to race the train to the town crossing. It happens all the time. So your understandable question is not wrong... It is a great question for those of us who are actually interested is stopping this from happening. But it's coming from the wrong place... namely a rational person.

Often there's no thought at all into that particular choice. "I was at a party, it was there" is often an honest answer. "I know this guy John Doe who did it a couple of times last year and he's fine." that's the level of thinking (if you can call it that). So it's more of an impulse than a thought. So the goal here is to actually put enough effort into the person that the decision to take meth (or whatever distructive impulse they have) isn't just an impulse... that person has had enough education/training to actually REALIZE that they are making an important choice here... potentially life altering in fact. IF that can happen THEN there's the potential for a rational decision to be made (and we are back to your question, but it's coming from a place that a good decision can be made from).

Now the above begs the question How do we do that? And there's a library of science on that subject... but it's not even close to simple...

ADVERTISEMENT