ADVERTISEMENT

Paging 24 Tiger....

greenvegastiger

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2022
@24TIGER

How do you feel about the unsealed court documents released today that the DOJ gave the FBI authority to shoot to kill during the raid on Mara Lago (sp?) ?

The unsealed documents include evidence of shoot to kill orders for the Secret Service assigned to guard the former President.

How would the SS handled that had a confrontation escalated?

Seems crazy to think about that possibility and who in their right mind could've given such an order?

As a fan of 24’s .gif responses:
7b2966aa-4917-4f7a-bad0-5dc9c9304789_text.gif

I didn't say it was 🤔
No but you questioned whether it was sensationalized and since the posts referenced shoot to kill orders, I’m suggesting that is highly plausible that it is in fact sensationalized given that instructing agents on the use of force is not at all an order to kill. In fact, law enforcement are trained to only use deadly force if there is an imminent threat of serious harm.

@24TIGER

How do you feel about the unsealed court documents released today that the DOJ gave the FBI authority to shoot to kill during the raid on Mara Lago (sp?) ?

The unsealed documents include evidence of shoot to kill orders for the Secret Service assigned to guard the former President.

Seems crazy to think about that possibility and who in their right mind could've given such an order?
The Democratic controlled DOJ did.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
The FBI has already released a statement saying this is SOP for operations like these. But i know yall would rather believe *checks notes* Julie "Stay at home mom who doesnt believe that J6 happened" Kelly's sensationalist twitter posts.

Yall should check out Billy Carson too, hes got some wild ideas about the human race originating from aliens that seem pretty credible on twitter.

@24TIGER

There is a less than ZERO chance of escalation. ZERO.

The FBI informed the U.S. Secret Service of their operation before execution of said warrant.

The USSS maintained perimeter security of FPOTUS Trump’s residence while the FBI conducted their search of the premises.

I’m a Ronald Reagan Republican….but not a big fan of Donald Trump.

However, he is a decidedly superior alternative to the current occupant of the White House…who is a barely recognizable version of himself from less than five years ago.

The American people would be absolutely shocked at the real truth…and deserve so much better.

The greatest country the world has ever known, can do so much better than these two men….it’s really hard for me to fathom.

That’s all I will comment on.

Last edited:
No but you questioned whether it was sensationalized and since the posts referenced shoot to kill orders, I’m suggesting that is highly plausible that it is in fact sensationalized given that instructing agents on the use of force is not at all an order to kill. In fact, law enforcement are trained to only use deadly force if there is an imminent threat of serious harm.
This was my entire point of option B

The FBI informed the U.S. Secret Service of their operation before execution of said warrant.

The USSS maintained perimeter security of FPOTUS Trump’s residence while the FBI conducted their search of the premises.

However, he is a decidedly superior alternative to the current occupant of the White House…who is a barely recognizable version of himself from less than five years ago.

The American people would be absolutely shocked at the real truth…and deserve so much better.

The greatest country the world has ever known, can do so much better than these two men….it’s really hard for me to fathom.

It’s incredible how broken the system is that gives us these two choices FOR THE SECOND TIME IN A ROW.

🍻

• Love
Reactions: 24TIGER

What I’m concluding here is Dabo should take a few portal players.

(And yes, normal reasonable people see exactly what you are saying. I’d say there’s a greater than 50% chance that at least 1 of them isn’t the candidate come November.)

It’s incredible how broken the system is that gives us these two choices FOR THE SECOND TIME IN A ROW.
I truly believe if we walked down to the local McDonald’s and grabbed the first two uniformed employees we encounter …we’d have a better choice than either of the choices we are set to have in November

Isn't "shoot to kill" policy for all shooting? Unless a designed POW capture in wartime?

Lololololol.

Crazies read "engage liaison" and believe what, they are going to shoot at their agency liasons?!? Lololol.

I get it, English is hard. It says it the ss isn't cooperative, the FBI is gonna call their agency contacts.
What a pathetic response.

@24TIGER

Some of that is fairly standard language for any op. Hospital/medical contingencies, authorized level of force permitted, etc. the weird part here is that it was treated as such and that some of that was included. Not necessarily nefarious, but odd. As already stated, there was basically a 0% chance this was going to escalate to anywhere remotely close to that language being necessary - over some classified docs.

Reactions: greenvegastiger

Why are you reading something from someone who is self proclaimed recent history denier and taking it seriously? They're doing the Fox News thing and dramatizing everything.

Use your noggin when reading internet posts.
Bullshit hit from a brain dead communist sympathetizer. If the shoe fits you too then I guess go ahead and wear it.

Reactions: rscurry
I can't tell if this is an aggressive, overkill part on the DOJ to go after Trump...

OR

Standard operating procedure that someone on Twitter is cherry-picking segments trying to sensationalize for effect.
Largely SOP.

Thank you for your response. I do realize a policy statement on shoot to kill authorization and a shoot to kill order are two different things but the fact this search was ever even initiated and conducted is mind boggling. The fact that paperwork was ever filled out is mind blowing to me. It's all politically motivated and far scarier than some protesters at the capital on J6 or down the street from the White House as they were most of the summer of 2020.

And for those attacking the messenger...just read the actual documents and not her tweets. Should be enough there to concern you.

Julie Kelly has been reporting on this from day one and sure as hell knows a lot more than you do.
That's fine, and I don't disagree that she's all over this to promote her agenda as someone whose profession isn't journalism. Just interesting that passionate folks get their news from non-professionals versus paying for subscriptions from reputable news sources (whichever side you may lean)--and I question whether she has the credibility to understand the words that she's highlighting in the documents, versus just stirring the pot.

Reactions: dpic73
That's fine, and I don't disagree that she's all over this to promote her agenda as someone whose profession isn't journalism. Just interesting that passionate folks get their news from non-professionals versus paying for subscriptions from reputable news sources (whichever side you may lean)--and I question whether she has the credibility to understand the words that she's highlighting in the documents, versus just stirring the pot.
She is a journalist.

In the long history of this site there has never been a post, especially the last 5 paragraphs, that I have agreed with more. This greatest of all countries should be embarrassed that either of these two men would be close to the ballot. Complete lack of cognitive ability and morals should have long ago caused both parties to move on.

Ive always thought to myself that if I ever get to meet @24TIGER in person that I’m buying him a shot …. This post alone is worth a second round.

Thank you for your response. I do realize a policy statement on shoot to kill authorization and a shoot to kill order are two different things but the fact this search was ever even initiated and conducted is mind boggling. The fact that paperwork was ever filled out is mind blowing to me. It's all politically motivated and far scarier than some protesters at the capital on J6 or down the street from the White House as they were most of the summer of 2020.

And for those attacking the messenger...just read the actual documents and not her tweets. Should be enough there to concern you.
The unsealed documents are pretty damning for Trump. Sure seems like there is strong evidence that he’s committed crimes that would endanger our country. I’d say the scariest question is why would he do that? A charitable view would be that he’s a buffoon and thinks he can do whatever he wants as the former president. That doesn’t make his supposed actions any less damaging or legal.

J6 and its repercussions can’t be minimized. It was a direct attack on our seat of government and on our democracy. The fact that we have elected officials that support and defend those events is even more incredible.

We can all disagree on policy, but I’m drawing the line at lawlessness. I hate that we have a binary choice but this election to me isn’t about policy issues or the economy or whatever. It’s about supporting democratic principles, if only until the next presidential election.

Every time I read another quote from Trump it seems like he gets less and less democratic. He’s said he will rule as a dictator and is repeating Nazis tropes. At a certain point you can’t simply shrug it off and you have to take people at their word.

I really wish we’d have less extremism from both parities and more compromise. I’m a moderate that has voted for both parties and campaigned for Republicans. The current GOP literally has no platform other than Trump and clickbait wedge issues. We need a center-right party that doesn’t premise themselves on attacking election results and isn’t led by an internet troll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT