ADVERTISEMENT

Portland Oregon out of control

well, i wasn't referencing the Nazi's i was talking about the book burning conservatives in the good old USofA. maybe there's something telling there; you assuming you're a nazi?

Democratic state Rep. John Ray Clemmons wanted to know what would happen to the books that conservatives deemed inappropriate. “You going to put them in the street? Light them on fire? Where are they going?” Clemmons asked.

“I don’t have a clue, but I would burn them,” Sexton replied

“That’s what I thought,” Clemmons said

it's happening everywhere though. dozens of examples from conservatives that we should burn books they don't like.
That’s probably true. Also what happens to books like To Kill a Mockingbird and Mark Twain’s works that are being taken out schools? Are those being burned as well? Both sides are doing it and it’s not good either way!

If they are, they are for a safe room, not for a person who thinks they are a cat to pee in. It's sickening that the party that won't do anything to help prevent children from being shot in their classroom, will then turn around and create conspiracies about the steps schools have to take to help those same children.

"When NBC reached out to the schools that conservatives claimed were stockpiling kitty litter for cat-identified children, they all vehemently denied it.

But a little more digging by local news reporters revealed that some schools had been stockpiling kitty litter, but it had absolutely nothing to do with kids’ identities.

As of 2017, the Jefferson County, Colorado School District, where the Columbine shooting occurred, has been stockpiling small amounts of cat litter, according to a local NBC affiliate. But, according to local news reports, the district began collecting the litter to prepare emergency go buckets for lockdowns in the case of a school shooting or other emergency.

The impetus for collecting cat litter came after students at one county high schools were confined to their classrooms for four-and-a-half hours, according to news reports. Students and teachers had to rely on waste buckets and closets for bathroom breaks. Once the lockdown ended, they needed a biohazard team to clean up after them."

You keep blaming Republicans even though democrat’s policies are also contributing to the mental health crisis. I think the entire system is set up for people to fail. It’s not good from either direction. You can keep making this into an us versus them but it won’t change anything. In case you haven’t figured out I’m not team red or blue!

That’s probably true. Also what happens to books like To Kill a Mockingbird and Mark Twain’s works that are being taken out schools? Are those being burned as well? Both sides are doing it and it’s not good either way!

The only books I know about that many Republicans seem to want taken out of schools deal with sexual content that is inappropriate for children that age. If there's something else I'd like to know about it. But I would also like to know how books that deal with really graphic sexual content are okay in schools without the consent of parents? Do you think that that's appropriate? The books that you listed are classic works of literature and what we're talking about is nothing of the sort in most cases.

The only books I know about that many Republicans seem to want taken out of schools deal with sexual content that is inappropriate for children that age. If there's something else I'd like to know about it. But I would also like to know how books that deal with really graphic sexual content are okay in schools without the consent of parents? Do you think that that's appropriate? The books that you listed are classic works of literature and what we're talking about is nothing of the sort in most cases.
I agree with you but this poster keeps trying to make it into team red versus team blue. When people approach problems from that perspective it’s a lose lose situation. I don’t think the schools need to teach anything about sex or sexuality. That should be left up to parents. It’s also true that schools are scrubbing classical literature from their shelves as a way to show equity, diversity, and inclusion which is a cancer to any institution that adopts it!

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
I agree with you but this poster keeps trying to make it into team red versus team blue. When people approach problems from that perspective it’s a lose lose situation. I don’t think the schools need to teach anything about sex or sexuality. That should be left up to parents. It’s also true that schools are scrubbing classical literature from their shelves as a way to show equity, diversity, and inclusion which is a cancer to any institution that adopts it!

I agree with you there. One of the things that I have learned over the course of my life is that both conservative thought and traditional liberal thought are essential to the flourishing of society. It is the freedom of political expression and the ability to think independently about how to solve our problems that has allowed our country to be so successful in so many ways. The desire by each side to trample out the other should be utterly rejected by all. The right doesn't have all the answers and the left doesn't either.

That being said a lot of the leftism and a lot of the far-right theocratical thought need to be eradicated entirely. Not the people but the thought process and the ideology behind it. Both would lead to our total and complete ruin.

You keep blaming Republicans even though democrat’s policies are also contributing to the mental health crisis. I think the entire system is set up for people to fail. It’s not good from either direction. You can keep making this into an us versus them but it won’t change anything. In case you haven’t figured out I’m not team red or blue!
Which party disseminates a constant stream of fake culture war conspiracies to own the libs, because their policies aren't appealing to the majority of Americans? If you're not Team Red you definitely lean that way.

Back to Portland, I laid over in downtown probably 40 times over my 30 years with Delta. I won't go into the details, but I would rate that city as my 3rd least desirable place I would want to live , in the world, right behind Lagos Nigeria and Kinshasa Zaire.

Which party disseminates a constant stream of fake culture war conspiracies to own the libs, because their policies aren't appealing to the majority of Americans? If you're not Team Red you definitely lean that way.
I lean red and blue depending on the issue. It’s much easier to embrace the fact the both parties have good and bad. I’m conservative overall but I’m definitely not married to any party! I’d gladly vote democrat if the candidate made sense to me. Think Michael Shellenberger

I agree with you there. One of the things that I have learned over the course of my life is that both conservative thought and traditional liberal thought are essential to the flourishing of society. It is the freedom of political expression and the ability to think independently about how to solve our problems that has allowed our country to be so successful in so many ways. The desire by each side to trample out the other should be utterly rejected by all. The right doesn't have all the answers and the left doesn't either.

That being said a lot of the leftism and a lot of the far-right theocratical thought need to be eradicated entirely. Not the people but the thought process and the ideology behind it. Both would lead to our total and complete ruin.
I couldn’t agree with you more my friend! Go Tigers!!

Reactions: Willence
Everyone shops at wal mart….from all income levels. The middle class and above isn’t buying clothes there, but everyone buys some things at wal mart.

Certainly not only poor people.
Haha. If previous threads mean anything, 70% of this board wouldn't be caught dead in a Walmart. I go to Walmart every couple of weeks because the prices & options are a lot better than the local IGA.

Bottom line regardless of political party, the Portland area does not punish criminals like they should.

The theft is out of control and the city county or whatever dumbasses are running the area don't view stealing from businesses as a big deal.

So wal mart walks and tells them to fukk off.

It's really about the small businesses that these thieving anarchist and opportunist attack.

Maybe your insurance company is responsible for liability in a very liberal area.

Maybe insurance companies should not insure small businesses living in liberal areas that refuse to punish criminals.
I feel like you didn’t read the article.

Mental health problems seem to be the root cause of much of the issues. We need to invest in massive mental health treatments facilities to tackle the problems facing us today. If we can give Ukraine $100 billion then why can’t the US invest heavily in helping these people. We wasted trillions in Afghanistan and Iraq. It’s time to take care of the vulnerable in this country!
Create some rehab camps out on federal lands. Load up the homeless and put them there to clean out their systems good and work them hard physically outside while they are there as it will heal them faster. Create some programs to get them jobs as they are able to go back into society.

Reactions: robscottham
The NAZI's were a liberal party to begin with.

You don't remember how much the NY times fell in love with Hitler.

Do we forget the real history of how Nazis rose to power?
liberal nationalism. sensationally stupid even for you. i wonder if that's why darcy took the kids?

I cannot imagine waking up everyday and single sourcing information in anything.

- What we learned in the iterative paths of science
- what Randolph Hearst promoted
- The Age of Enlightenment which this country is built upon

And people are too fvckin selfish, lazy, pathetic to actually challenge for the TRUTH. Anyone so desperate to identify via a political party and agenda is a cheap ass human being. No interest or care to develop humanity and economy in a stable, repeatable fashion. Only motivation is to steal from the others and for what? For the cycle to repeat every 4-8 years after it’s proved out they can’t serve the public?

Why? They just want to fvck over the other side. Such Christian values at work for so many. 1 day at church a week isn’t enough for a lot of people.

After reading your post I am not sure to say I agree Or I disagree

I think maybe I agree LOL

I had family my wife and grown daughter take a business trip to Seattle and Portland and they said the downtowns were disasters and creepy.

Just saw where major businesses are leaving the city of Portland.

Just had a public forum meeting where we discussed how cities are being killed by crime and homelessness

Trying to figure out how to avoid our towns becoming what Portland Seattle and many California cities have sunk to

Is that along your thinking

Lol. If it were a CNN story on Trump you would believe it 100%.

I would suggest Trump is responsible for the failure of Portland as he is responsible for 100 % of everything bad that has happened the last 30 years and will be blamed for future problems for decades by enlightened liberals and left Democrats

• Haha
Reactions: TigerGrowls
I would suggest Trump is responsible for the failure of Portland as he is responsible for 100 % of everything bad that has happened the last 30 years and will be blamed for future problems for decades by enlightened liberals and left Democrats
Also Haliburton.

Also Haliburton.
Left out the Enron mess Trump caused using his old Buddy Andrew Weisman who showed everyone how to it is to kill two birds with one stone

Knocked off Arthur Anderson by making the unusable and they had to close

Enron and Athur Anderson 2 Major companies he kills with the proverbial one stone

That lawyer is killer good

Funny part about what Andrew Weisman did was overturned by the US Supreme Court 9-0

Must have been really close on the doubt about the ethics of Weisman

To reward him Mueller made him the lead attorney on the Trump Russian Collusion

Despite all the underhanded and corrupt actions by Weisman not a single shred of evidence was discovered on Trump

Guess Weisman was good at hiding stuff on trump

Reactions: TigerGrowls
I am curious to hear some of your thoughts on the best away to deal with the growing issue of people becoming homeless, and the best way to help with the mental health crisis going on. I’m definitely open to hearing other’s ideas to better shape how I think.

Send all homeless people to the Ukraine to fight on Ukraine side

They don't need guns as they will build a tent city and do drugs with the Russians till they are all high and stinking up the country with feces and urine and needles

That will make the battlefield unlivable

Just copy what the homeless s doing in all the large Democratic Cities and we will end the Ukraine -Russian war and make the land an unlivable hot zone.

Back to Portland, I laid over in downtown probably 40 times over my 30 years with Delta. I won't go into the details, but I would rate that city as my 3rd least desirable place I would want to live , in the world, right behind Lagos Nigeria and Kinshasa Zaire.

I would rate the downtown as below living in the septic tank

All City Council members of Portland should be required to live on the streets with the homeless.

Then there will be a certain solution

After reading your post I am not sure to say I agree Or I disagree

I think maybe I agree LOL

I had family my wife and grown daughter take a business trip to Seattle and Portland and they said the downtowns were disasters and creepy.

Just saw where major businesses are leaving the city of Portland.

Just had a public forum meeting where we discussed how cities are being killed by crime and homelessness

Trying to figure out how to avoid our towns becoming what Portland Seattle and many California cities have sunk to

Is that along your thinking
Want the truth in anything? Source your information in as many ways as possible.

Want to live a life of narratives? Single source your information and don’t challenge what you hear.

(I think we’ve heard enough about Portland to draw some collective conclusions that their policies suck and subsequently their city is in the tank.)

Want the truth in anything? Source your information in as many ways as possible.

Want to live a life of narratives? Single source your information and don’t challenge what you hear.

(I think we’ve heard enough about Portland to draw some collective conclusions that their policies suck and subsequently their city is in the tank.)

Point taken as I used to hear jokes on Johnny Carson late night show years ago about South Carolina trailer parks and how nasty it was

Dam I had to go to California a bunch over many years and talk about trash and dumps

They made in some areas SC look like Paradise and of course in some areas they were gorgeous

Point is if you only heard the narrative from Carson you had the wrong impression

On this site you see some guys making a claim and then firehose you with this sites that overload you with claims that at best are nothing but a rumor

I rarely if ever start attaching links because most links are predudicial to the wtiters view

I like to just hear the core news and then based on all the information try to gigure it out

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT