ADVERTISEMENT

Trump at the NABJ Convention - A Thread

He tells easily verifiable truths and when pressed he'll even go into detail to prove it. If what he said wasn't true, surely someone would be able to disprove it but strangely they never do.

All we get from people like you is "Y'all are so stupid!" , "Y'all are clowns!" , "Uh-Uh!"

It's clear where you stand dude, you can't hide it
Man, he (and you guys) are always linking these fake news tweets and lies…one of the greatest ones was when y’all said Biden answered all the debate questions and told the truth…I still laugh at that garbage.

I stand with the Republican Party because as a platform…now don’t miss that part…I said platform, they stand for the right to life and for traditional marriage.

So, let me break this down for you guys again…in 2016 Trump wasn’t my first choice or my second choice but then he became my only choice. In 2024, he wasn’t my first choice but now he’s my only choice. But y’all keep pulling a Hillary and a Biden. Keep spreading the hate and labeling everyone that disagrees with you. It’s who y'all are!!

Man, he (and you guys) are always linking these fake news tweets and lies…one of the greatest ones was when y’all said Biden answered all the debate questions and told the truth…I still laugh at that garbage.

I stand with the Republican Party because as a platform…now don’t miss that part…I said platform, they stand for the right to life and for traditional marriage.

So, let me break this down for you guys again…in 2016 Trump wasn’t my first choice or my second choice but then he became my only choice. In 2024, he wasn’t my first choice but now he’s my only choice. But y’all keep pulling a Hillary and a Biden. Keep spreading the hate and labeling everyone that disagrees with you. It’s who y'all are!!
Yes, it's our fault you've chosen to follow a racist demagogue. Knew it, this started before I thought it would.

• Haha
Reactions: Orange&Purple

If they are fake tweets, prove they are fake. I know that I haven't shared the tweet you're referencing nor do I remember Tboon sharing it - I believe you're confusing us with fatpiggy.
Pro-choice doesn't mean anti-life and congrats on being a bigot who only thinks people like you should be legally married.
I don't hate you at all and I'm willing to bet we'd hit it off in person. I hate the candidate you support because he's a horrible human being and I'm embarrassed that he represents our country. He does not make this country better but until his supporters move on from him, we're stuck with his chaos and that's why we're mad with you. You won't allow us to move past him.

If they are fake tweets, prove they are fake. I know that I haven't shared the tweet you're referencing nor do I remember Tboon sharing it - I believe you're confusing us with fatpiggy.

Pro-choice doesn't mean anti-life and congrats on being a bigot who only thinks people like you should be legally married.

I don't hate you at all and I'm willing to bet we'd hit it off in person. I hate the candidate you support because he's a horrible human being and I'm embarrassed that he represents our country. He does not make this country better but until his supporters move on from him, we're stuck with his chaos and that's why we're mad with you. You won't allow us to move past him.
I’m far from a bigot…but I guess it’s easy to attach labels like racist and bigot.

It is to people who support a racist bigot. Y'all just want to have your cake and eat it too. You want to be racist but not be called racist. Snowflakes. Weirdos.
Do you get paid per post? The gig is up come November for you and your other handles.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
First time ever coming to this board and these comments are like watching old episodes of Crossfire ( look it up for the younger generation ) or Hannity &Combs , but on steroids! Lol !!!

That dude is just so incapable of acting like a decent human being it's mind bottling. I guess it didn't matter when he was running against Joe but now that there could be consequences to what he says and does, he proves what a disaster he is when he isn't facing a room full of his syncophants.
No capability whatsoever to act like a decent human being because there isnt an ounce of decency in him.

Reactions: dpic73 and okclem
FWIW, went to the gym this morning and my personal trainer (from NY) had the same view as O&P. They started late, attacked him, he flipped the script on them and the crowd ate it up.

Interesting how it’s perceived depending on your existing position. I think the interview was terrible, but I’m not sure how many votes it will actually swing.

I’ll just continue to be sad for our country about the options we have. 😔

Reactions: Orange&Purple
FWIW, went to the gym this morning and my personal trainer (from NY) had the same view as O&P. They started late, attacked him, he flipped the script on them and the crowd ate it up.

Interesting how it’s perceived depending on your existing position. I think the interview was terrible, but I’m not sure how many votes it will actually swing.

Weird take but it did swing the markets

Weird view. Did you watch it? It continues to kill me that people asking him about his actual statements is "attacking" him. He then went nasty towards her and the organization she works for.

Also, the crowd didn't eat it up positively, when he questioned when Kamala Harris decided to be "Black" and when he said the immigrants were taking "Black Jobs". There was audible, overwhelming gasps from the crowd.

I think performances like that don't hurt him with his base, but boy it doesn't help him with moderates and women at all. He can't continue to be so insulting,demeaning and aggressive towards women. It's a really bad look, particularly given his legal issues, itlf he wants to try to win women voters.

Reactions: okclem and dpic73
Weird view. Did you watch it? It continues to kill me that people asking him about his actual statements is "attacking" him. He then went nasty towards her and the organization she works for.

Also, the crowd didn't eat it up positively, when he questioned when Kamala Harris decided to be "Black" and when he said the immigrants were taking "Black Jobs". There was audible, overwhelming gasps from the crowd.

I think performances like that don't hurt him with his base, but boy it doesn't help him with moderates and women at all. He can't continue to be so insulting,demeaning and aggressive towards women. It's a really bad look, particularly given his legal issues, itlf he wants to try to win women voters.

I saw the clips okclem posted and I agree. That wasn't my take, just relaying how someone else perceived it. How many undecided voters do you think will watch that? I honestly wouldn't have seen it if not for this board. I think most people are more busy working and living their lives.

Reactions: yoshi121374

Attacking the journalists over the technical problems that caused the delay was also a terrible look as it made him sound like he was calling blacks incompetent.

If he hadn't done and said terrible shit, he wouldn't get those types of questions but if he wants to be the leader of the free world, he needs to answer them. If he didn't mean it he could have explained it and if he was even a little bit contrite, he might be treated better but instead he avoids the questions by angrily overtalking the panel and going off on unrelated riffs full of lies and misinformation.

The right-wing spin on this that tries to make him look like he flipped the script is ridiculous.

Right, it's just a matter of perspective. It doesn't make any difference that Trump's own team ended the session barely halfway through the event. Why, that just means he had done so well already there was no need to keep going.

Let's all keep pretending that everything that is happening isn't happening.

I saw the clips okclem posted and I agree. That wasn't my take, just relaying how someone else perceived it. How many undecided voters do you think will watch that? I honestly wouldn't have seen it if not for this board. I think most people are more busy working and living their lives.
Someone is grasping at straws

I think if the Harris campaign is smart they have it in all of their campaign ads. They honestly need to be focusing on moderates and women. Without those Trump can't win. The best strategy for Dems is to let Trump be Trump and then magnify it for all to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: dpic73 and okclem
I think if the Harris campaign is smart they have it in all of their campaign ads. They honestly need to be focusing on moderates and women. Without those Trump can't win. The best strategy for Dems is to late Trump be Trump and then magnify it for all to see.
Exactly. Something about when your opponent is digging his own grave, let him.

Reactions: yoshi121374
I am continuously shocked at how dumb of a politician he is. The Vance selection was just dumb, Kellyanne Conway has apparently been blasting that choice everywhere since she wanted Rubio. Like her or not, she has decent political instincts.
The Vance pick speaks to his cockiness that he was going to win in a landslide and he didn't need to appeal to moderates but it's backfired bigly. Marco might have been a better pick but I believe Americans are tired of his schtick as well. He needed a fresher, more moderate face like Youngkin, Ernst or Fitzpatrick IMO.

The Vance pick speaks to his cockiness that he was going to win in a landslide and he didn't need to appeal to moderates but it's backfired bigly. Marco might have been a better pick but I believe Americans are tired of his schtick as well. He needed a fresher, more moderate face like Youngkin, Ernst or Fitzpatrick IMO.
Marco would have made a lot of political sense, but Trump isn't gonna have a person of color as his VP.

Man I wish had the time to posts like some on this page . I need to change my occupation! Lol

What has Mrs.Harris done to make anyone think she can run the country? What you want her to run your business? When the voters actually get in front of the machines and ask themselves who gives me the best chance to be successful or better my situation. Going to be a very close race.

Marco would have made a lot of political sense, but Trump isn't gonna have a person of color as his VP.

Rubio would have made more sense but don't know if trump didn't pick Rubio because he was minority was the main reason . I think the 12th amendment also played a role in the decision not to pick Rubio.

Like I said earlier new on this board and before catching heat (lol) for any comments I make, i did intern for Hollings in 1988 and Campbell in 1992 but this is a tough crowd .

Rubio would have made more sense but don't know if trump didn't pick Rubio because he was minority was the main reason . I think the 12th amendment also played a role in the decision not to pick Rubio.

Like I said earlier new on this board and before catching heat (lol) for any comments I make, i did intern for Hollings in 1988 and Campbell in 1992 but this is a tough crowd .
That's a fair point. My comment was really more about the likelihood of Trump picking any minority/woman to be his #2. My comment could just as easily have been Tim Scott (minority) or Lindsey Graham (minority woman).

Stick around. It's not so tough. You get what you put in.

What has Mrs.Harris done to make anyone think she can run the country? What you want her to run your business? When the voters actually get in front of the machines and ask themselves who gives me the best chance to be successful or better my situation. Going to be a very close race.

Based on multiple bankruptcies, and documented business fraud, Trump isn't exactly looking like the world's greatest businessman either.

He should thank his lucky stars Daddy left him $200 million. He's the quintessential example of failing up.

Reactions: okclem
Okay man. I’m going to try and figure out which one gives me the best chance of success.

Okay man. I’m going to try and figure out which one gives me the best chance of success.

Honest question, and I'm not trying to berate or give you a hard time. Is there a point where you feel that one candidate is such a bad person, that inspite of financial benefit to you, you wouldn't vote for them? Does character play a part at all for you?

Reactions: okclem
I can’t change anybody’s character or what they have done that’s good or bad. I’m just saying when people get in front of the voting machine that’s going to be the most important part not character.

I can’t change anybody’s character or what they have done that’s good or bad. I’m just saying when people get in front of the voting machine that’s going to be the most important part not character.
You actually believe that most people in this country have no low bar for character when it comes to their leader. I'll bet you that isn't true...interested?

I very rarely get into politics but that’s what some of the people who I know say and I agreed. No different than recruiting okclem when I comes down to the very moment I have to choose money is going to cross your mind not if I like the person or not.

I very rarely get into politics but that’s what some of the people who I know say and I agreed. No different than recruiting okclem when I comes down to the very moment I have to choose money is going to cross your mind not if I like the person or not.
Okay, fair enough. I can at least respect your honesty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT