ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

They presented the evidence to get the indictment. Griffins point is we shouldn’t even be here and wouldn’t be had SLED not lied.

I know.

But here we are.

If I get caught with my hand in the cookie jar, I can argue that if you hadn't walked in the kitchen, you wouldn't have caught me. But you're in the kitchen.

If there is a guilty verdict, I'm sure they'll appeal. That will be interesting. I will say this though - there will be no political gain to be had by siding with Alex on any issue moving forward.

He doesn’t have to make the lies go away. Griffin has showed the lord of SLED, the fabricated evidence and lies that brought about the indictment are crazy damning.

SLED screwed this up from the get go. The prosecutions witnesses have said it. Griffin is pounding that.

We are closer to acquittal than most want to believe.

don't think anyway there will be an acquittal...it will be guilty or hung jury. I have not heard one lawyer I know or expert on TV state they could get an acquittal.

They are trying to create doubt.

SLEDs minor screw ups in no way are as big of a deal as AM's lies.

They presented the evidence to get the indictment. Griffins point is we shouldn’t even be here and wouldn’t be had SLED not lied.

no we would not be here if Paul's phone was not unlocked and he was not placed at the kennell when he stated he was not. The cell phone info is what got us here.

Then AM phone records and once the GM records were released it all tied together

If there is a guilty verdict, I'm sure they'll appeal. That will be interesting. I will say this though - there will be no political gain to be had by siding with Alex on any issue moving forward.
Here's the interesting though on an appeal. Does AM have the $ to pay these high priced guys for another bunch of weeks of trial time?

What do you think AM's bill is for his defense? The defense team's catered lodging had to cost them seven figures.

Reactions: sloanMB
One thing I have told my wife that was not mentioned to defend against the blood splatter and all that. Dude was an avid hunter. He could have easily had a bull body hunting outfit on with gloves and disposed of that. Rinse the shoe prints, put hose back on, camo hunting shit in a bag with gloves on, and away he goes

Here's the interesting though on an appeal. Does AM have the $ to pay these high priced guys for another bunch of weeks of trial time?

What do you think AM's bill is for his defense? The defense team's catered lodging had to cost them seven figures.
I think they paid around $20,000 per week for the lodging, according to an article I read. - Mrs. Shove

Baloney - they would have gotten an indictment with out any of that. It is rare than an indictment isn’t handed down. With the roadside issue and the financial stuff, there was no way they were not going to get an indictment on this guy.

You look for one misstep and claim the whole thing would have fallen apart with out that piece. The shells is such a non starter and is totally irrelevent to the case.

Baloney - they would have gotten an indictment with out any of that. It is rare than an indictment isn’t handed down. With the roadside issue and the financial stuff, there was no way they were not going to get an indictment on this guy.

You look for one misstep and claim the whole thing would have fallen apart with out that piece. The shells is such a non starter and is totally irrelevent to the case.
If they could get it without it, why did they lie?

I would think he is between $500 K - $1 MM at this point. An appeal won’t cost nearly as much because you are not retrying, just primarily submitting paper work at first and then maybe an appearance or two. While appeals take forever, they are not that time consuming once you submit your briefs.

I think they paid around $20,000 per week for the lodging, according to an article I read. - Mrs. Shove
I'd think that place would cost $20,000 to rent just for a wedding. But I'll admit I'm not expert on these things. I see an article where is does say a little over $20k per week.

What a bargain.

If they could get it without it, why did they lie?

I don’t know but use common sense, having the combination of buck shot and bird shot in another shot gun in the house is what the entire prosecutions case hinged on? It is the most asinine thing ever.

Many shells are the same color, regardless of the type of shot. It is so easy to get them confused. Most are printed on the side of the shell with an 80’s style dot matrix printer, but they rub off and many times are not printed well and can be hard to make out.

If you had all kinds of loads; buck, turkey, dove, duck etc. you could easily confuse and mix them up. If LE had found that, I don’t think it would make any difference at all. I don’t think it makes him look guilty.

For some folks substance matters more than style or delivery.

so you think it is possible that he was

1. scared of SLED and they made him paranoid so he lied
2. The lies just so happened to all take him away from the kennels and Moselle
3. he just so happened to drive by where Maggie's phone was dumped around dump time
4. The hose was put away incorrect and no footprints to be found
5. He just so happened to not have phone at kennel
6. He could make the 9-1-1 call 19 seconds after checking the pulse and attempting to turn Maggie over with no blood on him
7. Paul called him out about pills
8. The 3 things he cared about in life which was money, lifestyle, and legacy were about to come crashing down on him.
9. That he did not have a plan for changing of clothes at the scene. He would not have been driving buck naked...that is just a dumb ass scenario
10. shooters randomly found or bought same guns and ammo as Murdaugh's use all the time
11. he felt fine rocking his badge and blue lights in all other situations but this one made him paranoid
12. He needed badly to get in touch with Rogan after the murders because he wanted to tell him before he told his family. He felt need to call him first

Only person known to be there, no other evidence of anyone being there...none...zero. No tracks, no footprints, nothing...

and I am sure I missed something @Clemblack what did I miss?

Last edited:
I'd think that place would cost $20,000 to rent just for a wedding. But I'll admit I'm not expert on these things. I see an article where is does say a little over $20k per week.

What a bargain.

For 3-5 weeks they got a significant discount.

3. he just so happened to drive by where Maggie's phone was dumped around dump time
6. He could make the 9-1-1 call 19 seconds after checking the pulse and attempting to turn Maggie over with no blood on him
8. The 3 things he cared about in life which was money, lifestyle, and legacy were about to come crashing down on him.
9. That he did not have a plan for changing of clothes at the scene. He would not have been driving buck naked...that is just a dumb ass scenario
10. shooters randomly found or bought same guns and ammo as Murdaugh's use all the time
11. he felt fine rocking his badge and blue lights in all other situations but this one made him paranoid
12. He needed badly to get in tough with Rogan after the murders because he wanted to tell him before he told his family. He felt need to call him first

Only person known to be there, no other evidence of anyone being there...none...zero. No tracks, no footprints, nothing...

You're bringing logic to an illogical person. Fwiw

Reactions: nmerritt11
I don’t know but use common sense, having the combination of buck shot and bird shot in another shot gun in the house is what the entire prosecutions case hinged on? It is the most asinine thing ever.

Many shells are the same color, regardless of the type of shot. It is so easy to get them confused. Most are printed on the side of the shell with an 80’s style dot matrix printer, but they rub off and many times are not printed well and can be hard to make out.

If you had all kinds of loads; buck, turkey, dove, duck etc. you could easily confuse and mix them up. If LE had found that, I don’t think it would make any difference at all. I don’t think it makes him look guilty.
I thought they determined there was blood spatter on the shirt after it was sent to the expert? Subsequently, they decided not to rely on that evidence because the expert had changed his story.

I would think he is between $500 K - $1 MM at this point. An appeal won’t cost nearly as much because you are not retrying, just primarily submitting paper work at first and then maybe an appearance or two. While appeals take forever, they are not that time consuming once you submit your briefs.
Yup, but does AM have any money anymore. Surely the law firm sued him for the thief. The Satterfields will be suing him for at least $4.5 million. He doesn't have a job or income anymore.

I know he was a wealthy man, but not that wealthy.

PS. Did a little research. Here's a good read on his assets.

I will admit that I think Jim Griffin is doing a good job overall. He's arguing what he can.
What can you do when the evidence is not in your favor and your client got on the stand and admitted to lying to law enforcement?

Reactions: nmerritt11
What can you do when the evidence is not in your favor and your client got on the stand and admitted to lying to law enforcement?

I mean when your defense is "I was paranoid and that is why I lied" and then gets on stand and continues to lie

Reactions: yemassee

12. He needed badly to get in tough with Rogan after the murders because he wanted to tell him before he told his family. He felt need to call him first

And one part, pointed out by Waters yesterday, that I find extremely damning/revealing:

Not one time during his testimony, or at any other time, has AM said "If only I'd have been there a few minutes later I'd have been able to maybe save the lives of my wife and son."

That's what an innocent man spends the rest of his life torturing himself over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT