ADVERTISEMENT

Conspiracy Theories? (GOAT Thread)

According to my quick observations, this thread is the #3 non sport, singular topic (not a running thread following an ongoing show) on this board. Only trails the “What do you do for a living?” And “What year did you graduate from Clemson?” Threads. Only about 150 posts to the top. @funkbott, I’m trying to push it. Lol

Last edited:
FWIW, this is from a recent psychological study in 2017 on conspiracy theorists:

In terms of cognitive processes, people with stronger conspiracy beliefs are more likely to overestimate the likelihood of co-occurring events, to attribute intentionality where it is unlikely to exist, and to have lower levels of analytic thinking.

The study's summary is that the possessing of secret information that is not widely accepted by the public is rooted in an individual's desire to feel unique.

In the current research, we investigated whether belief in conspiracy theories satisfies people’s need for uniqueness. We found that the tendency to believe in conspiracy theories was associated with the feeling of possessing scarce information about the situations explained by the conspiracy theories (Study 1) and higher need for uniqueness (Study 2). Further two studies using two different manipulations of need for uniqueness (Studies 3 and 4) showed that people in a high need for uniqueness condition displayed higher conspiracy belief than people in a low need for uniqueness condition. This conclusion is strengthened by a small-scale meta-analysis. These studies suggest that conspiracy theories may serve people’s desire to be unique, highlighting a motivational underpinning of conspiracy belief. (PsycInfo Database Record (c) 2020 APA, all rights reserved)

so how many yards does Travis Eitienne rush for this year? I bet he surpasses 1400.

According to my quick observations, this thread is the #3 non sport, singular topic (not a running thread following an ongoing show) on this board. Only trails the “What do you do for a living?” And “What year did you graduate from Clemson?” Threads. Only about 150 posts to the top. @funkbott, I’m trying to push it. Lol
Pretty soon it will rival The Darcy Saga @appalachiatiger

FWIW, this is from a recent psychological study in 2017 on conspiracy theorists:

In terms of cognitive processes, people with stronger conspiracy beliefs are more likely to overestimate the likelihood of co-occurring events, to attribute intentionality where it is unlikely to exist, and to have lower levels of analytic thinking.

The study's summary is that the possessing of secret information that is not widely accepted by the public is rooted in an individual's desire to feel unique.

In the current research, we investigated whether belief in conspiracy theories satisfies people’s need for uniqueness. We found that the tendency to believe in conspiracy theories was associated with the feeling of possessing scarce information about the situations explained by the conspiracy theories (Study 1) and higher need for uniqueness (Study 2). Further two studies using two different manipulations of need for uniqueness (Studies 3 and 4) showed that people in a high need for uniqueness condition displayed higher conspiracy belief than people in a low need for uniqueness condition. This conclusion is strengthened by a small-scale meta-analysis. These studies suggest that conspiracy theories may serve people’s desire to be unique, highlighting a motivational underpinning of conspiracy belief. (PsycInfo Database Record (c) 2020 APA, all rights reserved)
Very interesting. I would counter this by saying that anyone who looks at the mountain of evidence associated with the Pentagon and still thinks a commercial airliner flew into it demonstrates even lower levels of analytical thinking

Very interesting. I would counter this by saying that anyone who looks at the mountain of evidence associated with the Pentagon and still thinks a commercial airliner flew into it demonstrates even lower levels of analytical thinking

There’s you’re desire for uniqueness showing through.

I don’t agree with the study that is linked as I have a hard time thinking it’s a uniqueness driven thing and I don’t buy the fact that it’s a reflection of not being analytical. But, C’mon man. There were airplane parts and flight crew body parts at the site. Are we expecting an outline of the plane type hole in the pentagon? The wings sheared off.

So if missiles did this, then where is flight 77? Did the missiles take it down and also hit the pentagon?

Last edited:
20:13 says to kill them. You are WRONG!

please tell me you repent every time you eat bacon!
That’s the Old Testament! We’re under a different dispensation because of JESUS. That’s why HE would NOT allow the Jews to kill the woman caught in adultery. GOD loves the sinner but hates the sin.

I don’t agree with the study that is linked as I have a hard time thinking it’s a uniqueness driven thing and I don’t buy the fact that it’s a reflection of not being analytical. But, C’mon man. There were airplane parts and flight crew body parts at the site. Are we expecting an outline of the plane type hole in the pentagon? The wings sheared off.

So if missiles did this, then where is flight 77? Did the missiles take it down and also hit the pentagon?

The footage of the wreckage was never released, the area was cleaned up prior to allowing anyone on the grounds.

The flight 77 over PA was definitely shot down, this happened when I was at Clemson, the person I dated at the time's mother was in FAA in DC and confirmed this was true.

Reactions: 88MechEng

I could’ve told you that. Conspiracy theorists are losers

Thanks for getting back on target. The last few pages have went completely off the deep end.

Actually this isn’t true in regards to why they’re running away. The churches in general have been preaching a water down, feel good, prosperity form of Christianity for a long time. But this isn’t why some are running away.

The Bible clearly states there will be great falling away. That could be interpreted as the churches in general. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I do not go to church and haven’t in over 15 years. My mother always took me to church growing up. But the Joel osteen type of ministry won’t cut it then or now. There are still a few good preachers out there but they’re becoming harder to find.

There are still good preachers out there (and good local churches). You just need to seek them out. John MacArther comes to mind. R.C. Sproul was the greatest theologian/preacher of my lifetime (IMO) but unfortunately he passed away a couple of years ago. RefNet is an app that has quality teaching/preaching 24/7.

The footage of the wreckage was never released, the area was cleaned up prior to allowing anyone on the grounds.

The flight 77 over PA was definitely shot down, this happened when I was at Clemson, the person I dated at the time's mother was in FAA in DC and confirmed this was true.
Well that settles it. The mom worked for the FAA.

None of this has anything to do with the Book of Revelation. I have been studying eschatology since 1992. I have a book shelf full of books written by adherents who wrote about all five (5) of the major views (and sub-views) of Revelation. Plus books written by all of the early church fathers (Fathers of the Church) and even historians during the early centuries of the church. I have been sitting on my own book outline for a few years that I was going to call "The Five W's of Revelation, bused on the principle/concept of the Five W's of Literature, Who, What, Why, Where, and When. I coded all of my notes and books with this concept, W1 (Who), W2 (What), W3 (Why), W4 (Where), and W5 (When). You could understand the meaning and symbols of Revelation even if you got just three of the W's.

The Five (5) main eschatological views of the Book of Revelation are Futurist (the most common and written about), Idealist (or Spiritualist), Continuous Historical (that view mostly went by the wayside when predictions failed), Historical Background, and Preterist. There are several sub-views within some of these views, like Futurist (Pre-tribulation, mid-tribulation, post-tribulation, premillennialists, and post millennialists), and Preterists (Full and Partial), etc.

Understanding symbolism of the Old Testament and how it relates to the New Testament. Plus my studies in Greek (Koine Greek) has been helpful. But it all boils down to the facts of understanding symbolism (hermeneutics), and biblical exegesis with an open mind. My studies in ancient history (particularly early Christian and Roman, and Jewish) has helped me as well.

So to boil this thing down, after reading MANY books, years of study and conferences on eschatology, it is my belief that the Book of Revelation pertains to the destruction of Jerusalem and the Jewish state and religion (temple) by the Romans in 70 AD. This was what Jesus said on the Mount of Olives (Matt 24, Mark 13, Luke 21), Matt 24:34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Rev. 1:1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. The word 'soon' here is from the Greek word τάχος (tachos), meaning quickness, speedily, hastily, immediately. This word is used in other places in the NT, such as when Paul says (Phil 2:19) I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon..The word 'soon' here is the same word as in Revelation 1:1. Certainly Paul was indicating to the Philippians that Timothy may be stopping by in 2000 years???

Regarding the same even(s) and context, in Rev. 1:3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

Now the Greek word 'near' here is ἐγγύς (eggus), meaning near (in place or time), at hand, ready (be ready for something happening soon). Used in Matt 24:32 know that summer is near. Matt 24:33 know that it is near, even at the doors. There are many examples where this word clearly shows that it means something is about to happen, or be seen and witness by those that is being spoken to.

Of course biblical eschatology is the most written about and preached about than any subject in the bible, and therefore is the most debated, argued, and contentious subject. Most people don't take the time to dig and research, they just listen what other people say is fact. They believe that the symbology of the Old Testament is magically changed in the New Testament without our Lord telling us it is changed, so leaving up to the people (and church) to interpret. That is NOT so. If in Isaiah (14:12) he say that a star falling from the sky represented a ruler or nation falling (i.e. King Nebuchadnezzar II of Babylonia), it means the same thing in the NT unless otherwise told to us a different meaning.

Agreed! John wrote his revelation to be read by 1st century Christian's and was written before the destruction of the Temple.

Reactions: alex24
Can you tell us more about this please?

Two earth ages is another false teaching (interpretation) taken from the comment about the 'new heavens and new earth'. The New Earth is an expression used in the Book of Isaiah (65:17 & 66:22), 2 Peter (3:13), and the Book of Revelation (21:1) referred to a new covenant in contrast to replacing the old covenant, or better said by the ending and fulfillment of the old covenant. This is what Jesus said He came to do, to fulfill the Law and the prophets.

Agreed! John wrote his revelation to be read by 1st century Christian's and was written before the destruction of the Temple.

I don't think I will ever finish my book, 'The Five W's of Revelation', but if I did it would certainly open some eyes and minds. Of all the many Revelation books that I have read, I have not seen any other book use the this method. You have many verse by verse, chapter by chapter, views side by side, etc., but none written with this pattern.

Many over look the clues right in front of them when interpreting the Book of Revelation. Regarding the number of the beast (666), Rev. 13:18. It is almost universally thought that this beast represents to Roman Empire personified in its Emperor Nero, either by the early Roman period, or a new revived Roman Empire. This is further illustrated in Rev. 17:9, And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. (10) And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. (11) And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

First, there is used in the ancient cultures of the Jews, Greeks, Roman, and Latin's, a form of coded numerology called gematria. Gematria is a form of numerology in which the letters of the Hebrew (or Greek or Latin) alphabet are substituted with corresponding numbers. The first ten letters are given number values that increase consecutively from 1 to 10.

Even though the Book of Revelation was written in Greek, it used Hebrew symbology, thus Hebrew gematria. Nero Caesar, written as Neron Kaisar by the Hebrews, adds up exactly to the Hebrew spelling of 666. In the Latin Vulgate the number is written 616, which equals Nero Caesar in Latin.

Back to the above Rev. 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. (11) And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

The Hebrews view Julius Caesar as the first king or emperor, even though he was a dictator in the Roman Republic (See Josephus and other Jewish writings). Augustus Caesar (my avatar!) was officially the 1st Emperor of the Roman Empire, but not in the listing of Roman rulers (kings) by the Jews. So, starting with (1) Julius Caesar, (2) Augustus Caesar, (3) Tiberius Caesar, (4) Caligula Caesar, (5) Claudius Caesar, the five (5) who had fallen at the time of the writing of the Book of Revelation.

Rev. 17:10...and one is...(6) Nero Caesar...he must continue a short space (time)...Nero committed suicide on 9 June 68 AD. You then had three emperors in a short span, Galba (8 June 68 AD–15 January 69 AD), Otho (15 January 69 AD–16 April 69 AD), and Vitellius (17 April 69 AD–20 December 69 AD), before finally Gen. Vespasian was declared emperor by his army, and he marched on Rome and deposed Vitellius. He became emperor on 22 December 69, and ruled to his death on 24 June 79. Emperor Vespasian was the general that Nero sent to put down the Jewish rebellion in 66 AD. He had Jerusalem surrounded in 68 when Nero committed suicide. He withdrew from Jerusalem to return to Rome, and when he became emperor, he sent his son Titus back to siege Jerusalem again, which he did until its brutal fall in 70 AD.

Early Christians writers mention that it was at this time (Vespasian's withdrawal) that many of the Christians who were trapped in Jerusalem fled to Pella, in the mountains of Judea. Matt. 24: 16-22, "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains; (17) Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. (18) Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. (19) How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! (20) Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. (21) For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. (22) “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

They were shortened because of Nero's death and Vespasian's withdrawal. They had a short time to get out before Titus returned, hence the call for urgency to leave.

Last edited:
When @treetiger is the sane voice in a thread you really have some sense of how far out there some people are....

Thanks!!! I'll take that as a compliment! :) But, just as is the case for a conservative to push back on the liberal, you are about to be black-balled. :eek:

I don't think I will ever finish my book, 'The Five W's of Revelation', but if I did it would certainly open some eyes and minds. Of all the many Revelation books that I have read, I have not seen any other book use the this method. You have many verse by verse, chapter by chapter, views side by side, etc., but none written with this pattern.

Many over look the clues right in front of them when interpreting the Book of Revelation. Regarding the number of the beast (666), Rev. 13:18. It is almost universally thought that this beast represents to Roman Empire personified in its Emperor Nero, either by the early Roman period, or a new revived Roman Empire. This is further illustrated in Rev. 17:9, And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. (10) And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. (11) And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

First, there is used in the ancient cultures of the Jews, Greeks, Roman, and Latin's, a form of coded numerology called gematria. Gematria is a form of numerology in which the letters of the Hebrew (or Greek or Latin) alphabet are substituted with corresponding numbers. The first ten letters are given number values that increase consecutively from 1 to 10.

Even though the Book of Revelation was written in Greek, it used Hebrew symbology, thus Hebrew gematria. Nero Caesar, written as Neron Kaisar by the Hebrews, adds up exactly to the Hebrew spelling of 666. In the Latin Vulgate the number is written 616, which equals Nero Caesar in Latin.

Back to the above Rev. 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. (11) And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

The Hebrews view Julius Caesar as the first king or emperor, even though he was a dictator in the Roman Republic (See Josephus and other Jewish writings). Augustus Caesar (my avatar!) was officially the 1st Emperor of the Roman Empire, but not in the listing of Roman rulers (kings) by the Jews. So, starting with (1) Julius Caesar, (2) Augustus Caesar, (3) Tiberius Caesar, (4) Caligula Caesar, (5) Claudius Caesar, the five (5) who had fallen at the time of the writing of the Book of Revelation.

Rev. 17:10...and one is...(6) Nero Caesar...he must continue a short space (time)...Nero committed suicide on 9 June 68 AD. You then had three emperors in a short span, Galba (8 June 68 AD–15 January 69 AD), Otho (15 January 69 AD–16 April 69 AD), and Vitellius (17 April 69 AD–20 December 69 AD), before finally Gen. Vespasian was declared emperor by his army, and he marched on Rome and deposed Vitellius. He became emperor on 22 December 69, and ruled to his death on 24 June 79. Emperor Vespasian was the general that Nero sent to put down the Jewish rebellion in 66 AD. He had Jerusalem surrounded in 68 when Nero committed suicide. He withdrew from Jerusalem to return to Rome, and when he became emperor, he sent his son Titus back to siege Jerusalem again, which he did until its brutal fall in 70 AD.

Early Christians writers mention that it was at this time (Vespasian's withdrawal) that many of the Christians who were trapped in Jerusalem fled to Pella, in the mountains of Judea. Matt. 24: 16-22, "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains; (17) Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. (18) Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. (19) How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! (20) Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. (21) For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. (22) “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

They were shortened because of Nero's death and Vespasian's withdrawal. They had a short time to get out before Titus returned, hence the call for urgency to leave.

Very well written and amazing job of laying things out. You are extremely well versed on this topic. I enjoyed reading it and would like to hear your view on other topics especially related to the Bible.

At what point in time do you believe we are in at the moment? I do not believe we are in tribulation. Perhaps the beginning of sorrows as spoken of in the Bible, but there is still much that has to come to pass.

Incredible job. Thank you

Reactions: PKPTigers12
Checking in on this thread after not paying attention to it for a couple of weeks...

giphy.gif

Two earth ages is another false teaching (interpretation) taken from the comment about the 'new heavens and new earth'. The New Earth is an expression used in the Book of Isaiah (65:17 & 66:22), 2 Peter (3:13), and the Book of Revelation (21:1) referred to a new covenant in contrast to replacing the old covenant, or better said by the ending and fulfillment of the old covenant. This is what Jesus said He came to do, to fulfill the Law and the prophets.
If there weren’t two earth ages, how do explain dinosaurs, dinosaur bones, Megladon sharks teeth .., etc?

Very well written and amazing job of laying things out. You are extremely well versed on this topic. I enjoyed reading it and would like to hear your view on other topics especially related to the Bible.

At what point in time do you believe we are in at the moment? I do not believe we are in tribulation. Perhaps the beginning of sorrows as spoken of in the Bible, but there is still much that has to come to pass.

Incredible job. Thank you

I do not want to turn this thread into a prophesy thread, but send me a message on the 'Conversations' board. But I will say that I mentioned this above:

Matt. 24: 16-22, "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains; (17) Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. (18) Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. (19) How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! (20) Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. (21) For then there will be great distress (tribulation in most other translations, also affliction in some of my Greek bibles) (also see Matt. 24:29) unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. (22) “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

They were shortened because of Nero's death and Vespasian's withdrawal. They had a short time to get out before Titus returned, hence the call for urgency to leave. This has everything to do about the destruction of Jerusalem and the ending of the Jewish system.

Many need a future 'Tribulation' to match these things mentioned in the Olivet Discourse, as well as by Daniel. Then they need a 'Revived' Roman Empire and a re-institution of the animal sacrifices so that it can be ended again, also to try and make Daniel's prophesies true, which also pertained to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD and the end of the Jewish system.

Jesus hung from the cross pouring out His blood, and cried out "It is finished." He had fulfilled his mission here on earth. He said be for His crucifixion in John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. After the crucifixion Jesus went down to preach to those in the earth. Then in Acts He was seen ascending to the Father with a trail of those who were held captive.

Jesus did come back in 70 AD (Matt. 16:27,28; Matt. Matt 24:30 and 24:37; Mark 9:1; Mark 13:26; Luke 9: 26,27; Luke 21:27). The problem people have is they are looking for a literal physical coming. But these coming in the clouds are parallel symology to those in the Old Testament, where God was seen coming in the clouds (or riding the clouds) when He was coming in judgement against the Assyrians, Babylonians, or Jews. You need to ask yourself, were these comings where God (or Jesus) is seen literally riding a cloud, ugh, maybe like a surfboard? No, these were symbolic comings regarding a literal event, meaning they knew He was coming in judgement of them.

I don't need a 'Revived' Roman Empire and a re-institution of the animal sacrifices so that it can be ended again. Jesus already came and ended the need for animal sacrifices, something Paul said really did not mean anything but to show obedience. Jesus came, shed His blood for me, fulfilled the Old Covenant and made all things new with a New Covenant. Then He went to be at the right hand of the Father. I already have what was promised. I don't need Him to come back to fulfill a promise that He already fulfilled, unless you are to believe that, for whatever reason, Jesus did not fulfill all of the promises that He said and was supposed to do?

Again, you can contact me on the 'Conversations' board.

If there weren’t two earth ages, how do explain dinosaurs, dinosaur bones, Megladon sharks teeth .., etc?

Dinosaurs were real. That has nothing to do with the bible. Religious experts have been trying to talk and preach around dinosaurs for years. The account we have in Genesis of creating the earth and firmament I believe is surrounding His creation of man. I believe the earth was already here. As most believe, from the Genesis creation to now is thought to be between 6,000 to 10,000 years. There are controversial theories all over the place, such as seen on Ancient Aliens where they believe that man was placed here by some alien culture and when God removed a rib of Adam to make Eve was some type of cloning. I told a friend when I lived in Jacksonville, FL who believed this theory that, even if God was an alien that created (cloned) us here on earth, since he did create, he is still God.

But if you want to divide the earth in two ages (Dinosaur age and man age) I can go with that. But the two ages mentioned in the bible where we are told an age (Greek: αἰών; transliterated: aión) was ending, and a new age was beginning was meaning that the old age (Jewish Covenant) was ending (coming to fulfillment), and the new age (covenant of Grace) was replacing it. As Jesus said on the cross, "It is finished."

Dinosaurs were real. That has nothing to do with the bible. Religious experts have been trying to talk and preach around dinosaurs for years. The account we have in Genesis of creating the earth and firmament I believe is surrounding His creation of man. I believe the earth was already here. As most believe, from the Genesis creation to now is thought to be between 6,000 to 10,000 years. There are controversial theories all over the place, such as seen on Ancient Aliens where they believe that man was placed here by some alien culture and when God removed a rib of Adam to make Eve was some type of cloning. I told a friend when I lived in Jacksonville, FL who believed this theory that, even if God was an alien that created (cloned) us here on earth, since he did create, he is still God.

But if you want to divide the earth in two ages (Dinosaur age and man age) I can go with that. But the two ages mentioned in the bible where we are told an age (Greek: αἰών; transliterated: aión) was ending, and a new age was beginning was meaning that the old age (Jewish Covenant) was ending (coming to fulfillment), and the new age (covenant of Grace) was replacing it. As Jesus said on the cross, "It is finished."
What I meant by 2 earth ages is Dinosaurs first age & no man & the second age is what we are in now.

In Mathew 24:15 & following when JESUS said, “When you see the abomination of desolation standing in the Holy Place, HE’s talking about the antichrist standing in Solomon’s rebuilt Temple toward the end of the Tribulation. He then says, if you’re in Judes, head to the mountains, if you’re on the rooftop, don’t come down to get your coat, flee! This is talking about the antichrist! Once the antichrist says this, he has 3.5 years left to reign. Because in Daniel 7, it days times (2 Years, Time (one year) dividing of time (1/2 year. Once he Puts an end to daily sacrifice, blasphemes GOD & claims to be GOD himself, he’s going after the Jewish people to kill them. In Mathew 24, JESUS is clearly talking about the Great Tribulation. (Last 3.5 years of the antichrist’s reign)

What I meant by 2 earth ages is Dinosaurs first age & no man & the second age is what we are in now.

In Mathew 24:15 & following when JESUS said, “When you see the abomination of desolation standing in the Holy Place, HE’s talking about the antichrist standing in Solomon’s rebuilt Temple toward the end of the Tribulation. He then says, if you’re in Judes, head to the mountains, if you’re on the rooftop, don’t come down to get your coat, flee! This is talking about the antichrist! Once the antichrist says this, he has 3.5 years left to reign. Because in Daniel 7, it days times (2 Years, Time (one year) dividing of time (1/2 year. Once he Puts an end to daily sacrifice, blasphemes GOD & claims to be GOD himself, he’s going after the Jewish people to kill them. In Mathew 24, JESUS is clearly talking about the Great Tribulation. (Last 3.5 years of the antichrist’s reign)

You are clearly denying the time specific passages:

~ Matt. 24:34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.

~ Matt 24: 7 For nation shall (Greek word mello, meaning about to) rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

~ Mark 13:4 “Tell us, when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are all about to be (Greek word mello, meaning about to) fulfilled?”

~ Matt. 16:27,28 (27) "For the Son of Man is going to come (Greek word mello, meaning about to) in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done. (28) “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

~ Mark 8:38-9:1 (38) "If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.” (9:1) And he said to them, “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”

~ Luke 9:26,27 (26) "Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. (27) “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.

Now I know you don't believe that some of those people are still alive today, do you??

~ Luke 21:36 Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to (Greek word mello, meaning about to; about to be) happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.”

~ Acts 17:31 For he has set a day when he will (Greek word mello, meaning about to; about to be) judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

~ Mark 13:4 “Tell us, when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are all about to be (Greek word mello, meaning about to; about to be) fulfilled?”

~ Luke 3:7 John said to the crowds coming out to be baptized by him, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming (Greek word mello, meaning about to; about to be) wrath?

~ Luke 19:11 While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going (Greek word mello, meaning about to; about to be) to appear at once.

~ Luke 21:7 “Teacher,” they asked, “when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are about to (Greek word mello, meaning about to; about to be) take place?”

~ Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass (Greek word mello, meaning about to; about to be), and to stand before the Son of man.

~ 1 Peter 5:1 To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder and a witness of Christ’s sufferings who also will share in the glory to be (Greek word mello, meaning about to; about to be) revealed:

The 'abomination of desolation standing in the Holy Place' (Daniel) was taking off of what the Jews remembered previously when Antiochus IV Epiphanes defiled the Temple and sacrificed a pig on the alter. This lead to the Maccabean Revolt and the Jewish cleansing of the Temple, celebrated as Hanukkah today.

So when Jesus quoted Daniel on that they knew what he was talking about regarding defilement of the Temple. The Jews would have viewed this action as the fulfillment of Daniel’s vision when the burnt offering ceased and the abomination of desolation was set up. Luke’s description of Jerusalem surrounded by armies, which would have been Roman armies – appears to affirm this theory of a Roman abomination.

The antichrist (1 John 2:18, 22; 2 John 7) is referred to as those who do not believe that Jesus is the Christ. He was certainly referring to some of those he was speaking to as well. The word is not used in Revelation. Even so, Nero and the Romans were antichrist's, as they did not believe in Jesus as Christ.

I already showed to you that the Tribulation where Jesus said, Matt. 24:34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. So I assume you believe right now that your faith has to be completed when the Temple is rebuilt in Jerusalem, the animal sacrifices are re-instituted, so Jesus can come and stop (fulfill) this again, because He just didn't quite complete it as He was supposed to do the first time? Oh, as Paul said, the animal sacrifices could not atone for your sins, it never did or never will, it was meant to show the Jews were obedient to God. Only Jesus' blood could wash away sins. So why the heck do you expect Jesus needs to re-start the animal sacrifices when they are meaningless? Why rebuild the physical Temple when it is meaningless. The Temple is our body to receive the Holy Spirit. You don't believe that you received the Gift of the Holy Spirit?

My Jesus says what He says and means what He means. If he said He was coming back soon and some of them would live to witness it, well I believe Him. If He said all these things would be in their generation, well I believe Him. If John, one of the apostles, says in Rev. 1:1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John. And he says (Rev. 1:3) Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. I believe him.

You can go on living waiting for something to happen to make you complete, but my Jesus has already done that for me. He has fulfilled His promises to me. When I die, I don't have to wait for his coming (parousia) again (3rd time is a charm???). When I die I go straight to be with Him and Father. I guess when you die you go back to the holding tank (Hades) that Jesus emptied in Acts when he went down to preach to those in the earth, and they ascended with Him when He went to the Father. You need another tribulation, coming (parousia), and I guess justification, since Jesus did not completely justify you when He was supposed to. Good luck with that, and I really mean it. I will pray for you, and I really mean that too.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT