ADVERTISEMENT

OT: shooting in VA beach

I disagree

US gun owners outnumber the Army by over 300 to 1 and could easily cut off every supply route and source of power and food..

It would be massive gorilla warfare.. the army would be easily identifiable targets while civilians could completely blend in. Yes the army could kill a lot of people but no way could they kill 300 million guerilla fighters or even 10% of 300mil
Good Lord get a hold of yourself man!!! o_Oo_Oo_O

Fair point and maybe the problem isn't guns, but 'caucasian men with guns"...serious question...not trying to bring race into a conversation on "TeaParty Illustrated", but why is it that caucasian men feel the need to kill strangers/innocent civilians with their guns. Sure there are outliers, but we can all agree that the vast majority of perpetrators of mass shootings are white men. Are they more 'depressed', sad, etc... than other races or females?
I'm not sure I'd concede to your "vast majority" statement. Most of the school shootings I'm aware of have been perpetrated by children, not men. Other mass shootings not perpetrated by children on schools have involved people of other races, and I'm only talking about in America. In other countries there are mass shootings also, as well as other atrocities like slavery and genocide still today...in 2019. You're obviously clinging pretty tightly to the age old race card, so I'd also point out that there are caucasian "thugs and gang bangers." While you pose a fair question regarding the general mental condition of caucasian males, I think I'd rather dig into why black men kill other black men at such an alarming rate. The math of that answer actually seems like a better place to start a dive into a race argument.

It’s a good question. Maybe mental health issues - particularly paranoia or schizophrenia - are more prevalent in white men.

Similarly, why do African American men kill other African Americans at a significantly greater rate than others? This happens far more often than white men killing strangers, so perhaps solving for this issue could save the greatest number of lives.

Exploring racial trends in gun violence shouldn’t be taboo. There are obvious correlations that should inform how we approach improvement.
Yikes. I just read this AFTER I made almost the same comment below. I know they say great minds think alike but trust me, this doesn't bode that well for you.:)

Fair point and maybe the problem isn't guns, but 'caucasian men with guns"...serious question...not trying to bring race into a conversation on "TeaParty Illustrated", but why is it that caucasian men feel the need to kill strangers/innocent civilians with their guns. Sure there are outliers, but we can all agree that the vast majority of perpetrators of mass shootings are white men. Are they more 'depressed', sad, etc... than other races or females?
We white Christian boys, view this as our world. We created most of the important inventions. We are the biggest, baddest bully on the world’s block. You mess with us. We take you out baby!
Hope that answers your question.

What's shocking is your continued advocacy for a return to a time when women and people of color were openly discriminated against. The image of some good ol boys in SC driving around with shotguns attached to their pickup truck is outright terrifying to some. Id imagine there are lots of folks who remember those pickup trucks with Confederate flags on them as well.

The evidence of your brainwashing continues.
Not once in my post did I advocate for a reversal of civil rights. I attend a church which is HUGELY majority black and I would have advocated FOR civil rights at that time.

Your repeated attempts to paint me with a brush that is more often than not the OPPOSITE of who I am is continued proof the the hateful brainwashing you have been subjected to by the left. Your every post to me continues to prove my point.

It is historical fact that mass shootings like we've seen in the last 15 years were literally UNKNOWN when I was young....and yes, country boys ROUTINELY had shotguns in their pickup trucks at school.

It is also fact that mass shootings happen ONLY in gun-free zones.

Finally, it is fact that, as the number of guns in society has INCREASED, homocide rates have decreased.

You sir have a problem. The hatred you have been fed by the left is destroying your soul and making you less than you should be.

I'm praying for you, man. You need to find Jesus and His love.

Guns and ammo at school in the parking lot for hunting afterwards was not anything unusual when/where I was growing up either. Nor was the thought of 7th-8th grade kids roaming the woods with a .22 or a .16ga shotgun shooting unlucky rabbits and squirrels...and the occasional dove or crow.

Reactions: CLT-Tiger
So what's your point??
Honestly I didn’t understand yours, people with a lack of firearm knowledge tend to make comments like you did, as if a silencer is some kind of movie prop and it’s just pew pew pew

Reactions: 92TigerME
So nobody cares that we have already laws against Killing People? 5 pages and we're not concerned on how to get people to understand you cant Kill someone.

I'll start...

Bring back a strong sense of God the concept of "sin" and that Hell is real and may very well be the consequence of doing evil.

Gonna solve the problem? No. But it's a piece of the puzzle..in controlling impulses to act and do evil like shooting random people.

Maybe couple this with not being so accepting and equivocating concerning the killing of the unborn

I have more.. All probably equally as (un)popular.

I was a member of the NRA since I was 12 (I’m 50 now). I grew up with everyone in my family having guns. My grandad was law enforcement. My uncles were all army or navy. I quit the NRA because the looney tunes took over: LaPierre, Oliver North et al.
There’s no longer a sense of reason or honor.

I’m a pragmatist. Stats show reasonable gun laws reduce murders ... by a lot. I still have guns. I lock them up. I don’t feel the need to walk around like Dirty Hairy to show off a ‘Merica man card.

We’ll always have crazy. We’ll always have disgruntled people. We’ll always have kids.

It’s fantasy land to think that everyone is somehow going to become “good Christian people” whatever that is. (And yes I go to church).

And I don’t want my wife and kids to have to walk around totin’ a gun. It’s stupid.

I wish we could have guns with no restrictions and no problems. It’s not reality. It is what it is. I view the issue as it is and not as I wished it was.

Last edited:
I'm quite sure I dont.
The response you are looking for is thank you. That’s what a normal person might say to someone who says they are praying for them. Everyone here knows you are Jewish, but do not follow faith, that you are an Atheist hard left guy. Your prerogative, no one will change you mind on a message board about religion, politics, etc... but how about trying to be less of a prick to people when they actually give you an olive branch.

I was a member of the NRA since I was 12 (I’m 50 now). I grew up with everyone in my family having guns. My grandad was law enforcement. My uncles were all army or navy. I quit the NRA because the looney tunes took over: LaPierre, Oliver North et al.

I’m a pragmatist. Stats show reasonable gun laws reduce murders ... by a lot. I still have guns. I lock them up. I don’t feel the need to walk around like Dirty Hairy to show off a ‘Merica man card.

We’ll always have crazy. We’ll always have disgruntled people. We’ll always have kids.

It’s fantasy land to think that everyone is somehow going to become “good Christian people” whatever that is. (And yes I go to church).

And I don’t want my wife and kids to have to walk around totin’ a gun. It’s stupid.

I wish we could have guns with no restrictions and no problems. It’s not reality. It is what it is. I view the issue as it is and not as I wished it was.
The NRA hard sell and constant calling drive me away, even though I understand the hard stance and the inability to give an inch which will be taken in miles. I think they need to do a better job of marketing to their target audience, the board needs to think about a better strategy as if they annoy a guy like me, they will never connect to a moderate.

And vice versa as well.
Okay, a person made the choice in both scenarios, abortion and in the shooting (topic of this thread). Can you logically walk down the path of personal responsibility and then argue that an inanimate object is to blame on one side of the example?

If someone is talking about full auto machine guns and uses the term SAW to describe a gun that rains death, they are talking about that picture. That is a SAW. I mean iceheart’s context is clear. Geez.
Actually @iceheart08 is full of crap if he thinks he can own a “SAW” with a permit and a 6 month wait. Is that a “pre” 1986 “SAW” or did they make them then? If it’s after you cannot own it permit or not.

You dont have a man card.

Shut up about gun control

The purpose of the second amendment is to defend ourselves from tyranny. The Government has nuclear arms. Shut up about our hand guns and ARs.

Honestly I didn’t understand yours, people with a lack of firearm knowledge tend to make comments like you did, as if a silencer is some kind of movie prop and it’s just pew pew pew
The article I read said the shooter used a handgun which, supposedly, had a suppresser which was likened to a silencer. Sooooo, wtf are you talkin' about.

Go to bed, you’re an idiot and intentionally being an asshole.
Actually. I'm a libertarian and that believes in the Second Amendment and legalizing drugs. I'm aware enough to understand that most gun violence is drug related. Now go back to school.

Reactions: gotigers24
Its amazing how much compassion liberals have for innocent people being killed...assuming of course they are outside of the womb.

Awesome--I have been waiting for the person to tell me the exact moment that life begins!

(PS. please don't say at the moment sperm meets egg bc that would mean that all the fetuses that self abort are part of a grand design that kills billions of babies every year and we all would need to have Gattaca style test tube babies...)

The article I read said the shooter used a handgun which, supposedly, had a suppresser which was likened to a silencer. Sooooo, wtf are you talkin' about.
You have no idea what that actually is, that’s my point. Carry on, smoke your bowl and ride your bike. Bitch about global warming and complain about Trump, it’s your MO.

Drug dealers don't settle disputes in court. They settle their disputes with a gun. Hence all the gun violence. If drugs were legalized, anyone could get their own drugs. They wouldn't need to hire a drug smuggler or go see their local dealer and we could still lock them up if they do wrong to others. People act like if we legalized drugs, the world would end or get worse. Nope. It would be better and there would be far less gun violence.

Reactions: gotigers24
Actually. I'm a libertarian and that believes in the Second Amendment and legalizing drugs. I'm aware enough to understand that most gun violence is drug related. Now go back to school.
All drugs? Any limitations in your doctrine?

Awesome--I have been waiting for the person to tell me the exact moment that life begins!

(PS. please don't say at the moment sperm meets egg bc that would mean that all the fetuses that self abort are part of a grand design that kills billions of babies every year and we all would need to have Gattaca style test tube babies...)

Evidence of life as we know it = heartbeat

Reactions: Ron Munson

I am actually a big supporter of genocide. I am on your side.

Reactions: Idoconcrete

Have you ever watched what happens when a human egg is fertilized?

Okay, a person made the choice in both scenarios, abortion and in the shooting (topic of this thread). Can you logically walk down the path of personal responsibility and then argue that an inanimate object is to blame on one side of the example?
You didn't understand what I wrote, and I have absolutely no idea what you just wrote.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT