ADVERTISEMENT

Trump shot in ear at rally?

If you are talking about choosing between the two current options, you elect the man who at least knows what day it is and hasn't abandoned troops to their death in a foreign country.

As others have said, "Why you bring up old shit?"

I am seriously concerned that adverse nuclear powers will do with Trump reelected? Not sure I trust him to keep Russia, China, Iran, North Korea at bay. Pulling out of NATO is not ideal.

I am seriously concerned that adverse nuclear powers will do with Trump reelected? Not sure I trust him to keep Russia, China, Iran, North Korea at bay. Pulling out of NATO is not ideal.

I don't know what in the world you are talking about!!! Trump kept Russia, China, Iran, North Korea at bay for 4 years. You must have been sleeping...

It’s a gun focused channel from what I’ve read. Just saw it mentioned in the sleuthing. The shirt appears to match up based on the merch photos. Not sure it has any major significance other than trying to match up the photos.
I'm guessing it was chosen to blend in with the crowd, before and after the assassination attempt.

Reactions: REDSKNDON

Yeah. Really hard to even imagine what it would look like if we didn’t keep Russia, Iran, and China at bay….

I don't know what in the world you are talking about!!! Trump kept Russia, China, Iran, North Korea at bay for 4 years. You must have been sleeping...
At bay, may been a poor choice. But it could be argued, his policies empowered/enabled those countries.
Maybe I am ill informed...
Has his position not been to abandon Ukraine? Abandon NATO? Let North Korea be? Maybe, he is playing the keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer gambit?
If I am mis-stating Trump's position, please tell me what his current position is on
Ukraine?
NATO?
IRAN?
Putin?

Maybe, I am just an old lion worried about Communism running amuck in Europe and the reemergence of a powerful unchecked Soviet Union. Maybe that makes me a one issue guy. No better or no worse than the the others out here typing about abortion, fentanyl, illegals, laptops, trannies, guns. Maybe the hill I will die on will be those damn red commies. Maybe, the Ukranians have the Bidens, The Saudis have the Bush's and the Jared's but I think the Commies have Trump. Maybe, I am just tired, inebriated, and like poking the old Russian Bear.

Yeah. Really hard to even imagine what it would look like if we didn’t keep Russia, Iran, and China at bay….
You seem to be of sound mind and reasonable intellect. Are my concerns unfounded? Is Russia a greater threat with us pulling out of NATO? Leaving Ukraine? Or have I made too much of Trump's bluster.

Re China: Do you think Trump can bring production back from China? Will he lessen the heat between Taiwan and China? Will he stop or slow aggression into the South China Sea?

Or do you prefer a more reserved stance? More toward isolationism?

Not saying Biden can or will...again I am all ears...

I will put it to you another way

Do we elect a man that has tried to stall Russia's attempt to reestablish the Iron Curtain?
or
Do we elect a man that may do more to undermine all the work Reagan did to destroy the Soviet Union and Nuclear Proliferation?
Obama and Biden both allowed Russia to invade other territories to try and reestablish the iron curtain. Trump did not. Based on history and the facts, I'm going with the one the did not allow it over the ones who did.

Obama and Biden both allowed Russia to invade other territories to try and reestablish the iron curtain. Trump did not. Based on history and the facts, I'm going with the one the did not allow it over the ones who did.
I am not giving Obama a pass.

Again...Unless I am mis-stating Trump's position. He wants to pull us out of NATO. He wants to cut off support for Ukraine. If I have it wrong please show me otherwise. If not, I am extremely bothered by those two points.

If I my concerns about withdrawing from NATO are unwarranted please tell me how.
I am not comfortable seeding additional land to Russia or China.

I am open to someone telling me how Trump plans to address these two issues.

You seem to be of sound mind and reasonable intellect. Are my concerns unfounded? Is Russia a greater threat with us pulling out of NATO? Leaving Ukraine? Or have I made too much of Trump's bluster.

Re China: Do you think Trump can bring production back from China? Will he lessen the heat between Taiwan and China? Will he stop or slow aggression into the South China Sea?

First, the trump threatening to pull out of nato thing is disingenuous. He said he would do that ONLY if other nations did not start supporting it financially as they should. He left it up to those other countries to decide if they wanted us to stay in nato.

There is no way you are you are going to slow China's aggression and "lessen the heat" of the situation both. If we are going to slow them, we need a strong presence in the area that leaves no doubt where we stand on the matter. China will continue to say the right things while acting in a different manner if they are not meet with strength.

I am not giving Obama a pass.

Again...Unless I am mis-stating Trump's position. He wants to pull us out of NATO. He wants to cut off support for Ukraine. If I have it wrong please show me otherwise. If not, I am extremely bothered by those two points.

If I my concerns about withdrawing from NATO are unwarranted please tell me how.
I am not comfortable seeding additional land to Russia or China.

I am open to someone telling me how Trump plans to address these two issues.

Trump is not advocating for the US to leave NATO. He is pushing (and you might say using leverage like he does) to get individual NATO members to follow through on what they have committed to do and that is to spend 2% of GDP on defense spending. Most don’t and they rely on the US to pay the way and expect us to provide for their defense.

He won’t do either. He won’t abandon Ukraine. He won’t leave NATO. I’d be happy to share thoughts on the rest of it elsewhere. This probably isn’t the forum for it.

Registered Republican wearing a Demolition Ranch shirt. Will be very interesting to see how his bio unfurls.

Reactions: okclem
First, the trump threatening to pull out of nato thing is disingenuous. He said he would do that ONLY if other nations did not start supporting it financially as they should. He left it up to those other countries to decide if they wanted us to stay in nato.

There is no way you are you are going to slow China's aggression and "lessen the heat" of the situation both. If we are going to slow them, we need a strong presence in the area that leaves no doubt where we stand on the matter. China will continue to say the right things while acting in a different manner if they are not meet with strength.
NATO: The sentiment may be correct. Other countries must contribute. However, threats are not good unless one is prepared to follow-up. I am not sure this bluster is the best tactic. To paraphrase Theodore Roosevelt "Speak softly but carry a big stick."

China: What strength does Trump plan to use? Or is it more bluster? Tariffs has second and third level effects including raising costs of goods. Typically, Republicans are anti-tariffs. So are companies with over seas manufacturing. What is the right play here?

• Haha
Reactions: drnuckles6
I enjoy talking policy. I am open to new ideas. But... It's getting late. Actually, it is very late. So forgive me if I don't respond further tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Appreciate, some healthy exchange and the back and forth.

It's shame that people died.

America is better than this.

The West Zone is better than this.

Good Night..

Reactions: jeffcoat
NATO: The sentiment may be correct. Other countries must contribute. However, threats are not good unless one is prepared to follow-up. I am not sure this bluster is the best tactic. To paraphrase Theodore Roosevelt "Speak softly but carry a big stick."

China: What strength does Trump plan to use? Or is it more bluster? Tariffs has second and third level effects including raising costs of goods. Typically, Republicans are anti-tariffs. So are companies with over seas manufacturing. What is the right play here?
If trump wanted to pull out of nato, he would have done it, right? He was potus and did NOT do that when he had the opportunity. Also, how much worse could he be? Under the last two democrats(including the one running again) Russia has invaded neighboring countries to take them over. How could trump possibly worse without actually invading those countries for Russia. lol.

As far as China, I am not sure what the right thing to do is. Certainly whatever Biden is doing is not working! Maybe we need a strong naval presence in the south china see around Taiwan?

Iran was mostly under control under trump and the nuclear program was being slowed at the least. Additionally, we were as close to at peace in the middle east as we have been in decades. How does that compare to now?

It's honestly astonishing you have the concerns you have and think Biden even might be the better choice to combat your fears. Every bit of what has actually happened under the two terms of them as potus overwhelmingly would support trump over biden.

It's amazing to me that people talk about trump like he is an unknown candidate and have no idea what he might do as potus when there is four years of what he actually did to look at. I am not a trump fan, btw. I think he is a terrible human, and there are legitimate criticisms to be made. However, the ones most often made, and the ones you seem to be implying, are completely contradicted by facts and history - his history as potus.

It’s crazy what’s out there there hours

It's crazy that the law enforcement and FBI can and will tell us that the suspect who didn't have any ID on him was a 20 year old from PA, but won't confirm his identity. When X and the rest of the internet have already posted every picture this guy ever put online.
Fwiw, they have the ability now to fingerprint someone digitally on the spot to find out if they are in any criminal database. ID or not, if this guy had any history they knew his identity in a matter of seconds.

Law enforcement has to be more deliberate about how it releases information than randos online. Fwiw.

Came looking for Billy D’s thoughts on the events.

Did not expect to find this

Main question: Why would they stand him right up just a few moments after being shot? Some agents were putting their hands in front of his face as the only cover for his head.

Looked like a massive fail in every way but I couldn’t be less qualified on the topic.
They made sure he was good, got him up, waited for confirmation that the shooter was down and then moved him out. In that situation - surrounded by people and with basically +180 degrees of threat vector exposure - you have to trust your coverage and get him out. There were very clear failures out there yesterday. Pretty solid job on that front, though. Was downhill after that.

The convoy coverage/exfil was a mess.

They can’t stop Trump, even with a clear shot 🇺🇸

I saw a frame by frame of Trump while he was being shot. Trump made a move with his head to the his left as he was gesturing and talking right when the shot was fired, and was the reason it hit his ear. Had he not made that movement he would be dead now. So, this guy had the kill shot on Trump but only missed because Trump moved his head a little bit while talking and gesturing at the last second. So, it could be possible that this Chinese dude was a hired assassin but missed because of one simple movement. The Secret Service sniper seen up top while Trump was speaking had aimed in on the shooter, but for some reason he hesitated and then realigned. He may be the one who fired the shot that killed the shooter, but only after the shooter fire 5 or more shots. Something is weird about the Secret Service's actions. :rolleyes:

Reactions: TigerGrowls
I saw a frame by frame of Trump while he was being shot. Trump made a move with his head to the his left as he was gesturing and talking right when the shot was fired, and was the reason it hit his ear. Had he not made that movement he would be dead now. So, this guy had the kill shot on Trump but only missed because Trump moved his head a little bit while talking and gesturing at the last second. So, it could be possible that this Chinese dude was a hired assassin but missed because of one simple movement. The Secret Service sniper seen up top while Trump was speaking had aimed in on the shooter, but for some reason he hesitated and then realigned. He may be the one who fired the shot that killed the shooter, but only after the shooter fire 5 or more shots. Something is weird about the Secret Service's actions. :rolleyes:
What Chinese dude are we referencing? The shooter was white. He’s been posted itt. His name and a picture of his face (the part of it that was left).

I’m currently in Italy for work. My phone woke me up with all kinds of messages last night. It was crazy to try and understand what was happening.

This is very sad. All of it. Someone is dead today that just went to hear a speech. Many more have been harmed in ways they won’t know for awhile seeing this in person.

In this thread you’ve seen callousness from people not understanding a life was lost.

Our culture is awful. Cell phones, social media, media in general are tearing us apart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT