ADVERTISEMENT

WLTX in Columbia live report. Suspect in custody in the murder of the USC student.

Easy or not this happened and someone lost their life because of it.
As much as it pains me to say this, that poor girl has some culpability in this. I’ve driven for Uber some to pay off some debt. For what happened to have happened, she had to be in a compromised mental state, being in 5 Points at 2am leads me to think alcohol was involved.

With the Uber app, she would have had the car model, color, license plate, driver name and picture. In addition, there would have been an Uber decal in the front window (which the guy could have easily possessed).

This was evil being in a place where circumstances aligned. With that said, I would think Uber could use a type of dual key authentication process where the driver and rider both get a unique code for added protection for both going forward.

That guy is a predator and deserves to be anally raped with a box cutter for the rest of his days.

Such a sad story. This is why one of the first things I do before getting into my Uber ride is check the license plate to make sure it matches in the app
I do not do this... but that is very smart considering the risks. I think I’ll start

They already have a big U sign in their window . Not sure why people act like it would be that easy to get in the wrong car it’s not .

Not all do. I was in an Uber in midtown Atlanta last week and both Uber’s didn’t have any verification besides me doing basic make & model, license plate checks. It’s not like Uber can institute some mass quality control with all these derelict drivers. I’d imagine if one was shit faced at 2:30 in the morning and it was the vehicle described in the app it would be fairly easy to get into the wrong car.

As much as it pains me to say this, that poor girl has some culpability in this. I’ve driven for Uber some to pay off some debt. For what happened to have happened, she had to be in a compromised mental state, being in 5 Points at 2am leads me to think alcohol was involved.

With the Uber app, she would have had the car model, color, license plate, driver name and picture. In addition, there would have been an Uber decal in the front window (which the guy could have easily possessed).

This was evil being in a place where circumstances aligned. With that said, I would think Uber could use a type of dual key authentication process where the driver and rider both get a unique code for added protection for both going forward.

That guy is a predator and deserves to be anally raped with a box cutter for the rest of his days.
Enough with the victim blaming. You’re a pos

He should be executed. Life sentence he does not deserve. But even with execution he is not suffering like he made her suffer. Again I say tie him to a whipping post in a public park, let people pay $20.00 a punch (or kick), beat the pathetic animal to within an inch of his life, waterboard him for practice, then execute him slowly and painfully.

Enough with the victim blaming. You’re a pos
I’m not victim blaming, I assure you. And to prove it, I’ll tell a story from my time as an Uber driver. I picked a girl in her mid-twenties up around midnight. She was so drunk she entered her destination as literally 1 block away from where I picked her up. One of her friends was there and before I left, We exchanged names and phone number. The rider had to give me directions to her house and luckily I got her home before she passed out. Her housemates helped get her in the house. I called her friend and let her know she was home safely. With the luck of the draw, her night ended much differently than the girl’s in 5 Points did.

So be a fvcking dick to me if that makes you feel better big guy, but if you have women in your family, I suggest you stop being a prick for 5 minutes and talk about this event as a cautionary tale. The world is a dangerous place. If a person, especially a woman, isn’t vigilant at all times, it plays right into the hands of predatory monsters like the one in Columbia.

I’m not victim blaming, I assure you. And to prove it, I’ll tell a story from my time as an Uber driver. I picked a girl in her mid-twenties up around midnight. She was so drunk she entered her destination as literally 1 block away from where I picked her up. One of her friends was there and before I left, We exchanged names and phone number. The rider had to give me directions to her house and luckily I got her home before she passed out. Her housemates helped get her in the house. I called her friend and let her know she was home safely. With the luck of the draw, her night ended much differently than the girl’s in 5 Points did.

So be a fvcking dick to me if that makes you feel better big guy, but if you have women in your family, I suggest you stop being a prick for 5 minutes and talk about this event as a cautionary tale. The world is a dangerous place. If a person, especially a woman, isn’t vigilant at all times, it plays right into the hands of predatory monsters like the one in Columbia.
Lol you said she was partly culpable for what happened to her, that’s he definition of victim blaming. But congrats on being a hero though

ADVERTISEMENT