ADVERTISEMENT

Elon Musk and Twitter

It will be interesting to watch
  • a BOD that has a fiduciary responsibility to its shareholders
  • primary institutional investors who have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders
  • and Goldman who currently has a Sell rating on Twitter stock and a target price well below Elon's offer
explain why they it is in the best financial interest of these various shareholders to not accept the offer.

It will be interesting to watch
  • a BOD that has a fiduciary responsibility to its shareholders
  • primary institutional investors who have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders
  • and Goldman who currently has a Sell rating on Twitter stock and a target price well below Elon's offer
explain why they it is in the best financial interest of these various shareholders to not accept the offer.
Lol.. we all know why they’re crying.

How is this about money? You realize that Twitter losses millions annually. It really isn't about money.

I don't think a guy like Musk is worried about how much money a company "losses". Especially when they are valued at Billions and have a bullhorn platform that people would likely pay to use for personal gain. Guys like him see an opportunity.

Not pissing, I am confident this is much more about power than money. I get it, the two go hand in hand, but Musk has enough money, this is a power grab,
You may be right, but when you have his kind of money, I think it’s all the same. He can never be president so he can just amass as much money/power as possible and be just as important if not moreso.

edit: I guess I agree w you now that I think about it

Reactions: actigerman
Not pissing, I am confident this is much more about power than money. I get it, the two go hand in hand, but Musk has enough money, this is a power grab,

whether or not it's a power grab (which is certainly likely, along with a significant profit motive of course), that's a far cry from "a move to help trump defeat the free speech hating liberals". there are people itt who believe its the latter.

whether or not it's a power grab (which is certainly likely, along with a significant profit motive of course), that's a far cry from "a move to help trump defeat the free speech hating liberals". there are people itt who believe its the latter.
I don't think Trump has anything to do with it and I don't see any post in this thread that even implies that. Unless Biden is the nominee, Trump has no shot at winning, not sure if he could even beat joe at this point. While free speech is really not involved in what twitter allows or doesn't allow, they are clearly a liberal biased organization that edits content based on that bias - which they have the right to do.

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
Who do you think Elon will block if he takes over twitter? You really think he’s pro free speech?
It looks like he is doing this due to twitter commies blocking free speech so I am thinking he will just open it all back up.

You know he’s tried to pay a kid 50k to delete his account because he didn’t like what the kid was posting? Screams free speech advocate to me.
He also called a guy a pedophile for disagreeing with him. The guy who was trying to save those Thai kids that were trapped in the cave. Musk sent some equipment that didn’t help at all, the guy said so publicly, so Musk called him a Pedo.

you could argue that Musk is the father of the republicans current political strategy.

I’m surprised the dems don’t love this guy @nytigerfan @dpic73 . I mean, he’s an African American immigrant who is a self-made billionaire. He’s leading the alternative energy / electric vehicle revolution with innovation in both EVs, battery tech and solar power. In a previous role, he even democratized bank transfers and merchant payments. He’s proactively thinking ahead of climate change and innovating space travel to allow us to be multi planetary. Heck, he even married and had kids with a weird emo looking singer that seems to fit well with the ultra libs.

I don’t get it. Why does the left not love this guy?

I’m surprised the dems don’t love this guy @nytigerfan @dpic73 . I mean, he’s an African American immigrant who is a self-made billionaire. He’s leading the alternative energy / electric vehicle revolution with innovation in both EVs, battery tech and solar power. In a previous role, he even democratized bank transfers and merchant payments. He’s proactively thinking ahead of climate change and innovating space travel to allow us to be multi planetary. Heck, he even married and had kids with a weird emo looking singer that seems to fit well with the ultra libs.

Not sure why you tagged me - I've never trashed the guy on here. I think he's a genius actually and I'm fascinated with his forward thinking innovations and applaud him for his humanitarian efforts. And though he can be bizarre, I think he's generally a good guy. Crazy to think the richest man in the world has Asperger's Syndrome.

He rubbed me the wrong way with some of his COVID takes and after his appearance on SNL, Dogecoin tanked right after I had bought a shitload of shares lol.

I'm also a little uncomfortable with the way he's trying to manipulate a private company, but despite all the noise, I don't think his Twitter takeover attempt is about Trump.

Other than that, I don't think about him much.

first off, I don’t love any guys that I am not related to. But you do you.

and I don’t really have an issue with him or what he is doing. But calling that guy who was trying to rescue those kids a Pedo because he disagreed with him was a dick move. I would expect you to agree with me, but of course I have given up expecting decent from people.

first off, I don’t love any guys that I am not related to. But you do you.

and I don’t really have an issue with him or what he is doing. But calling that guy who was trying to rescue those kids a Pedo because he disagreed with him was a dick move. I would expect you to agree with me, but of course I have given up expecting decent from people.

Of course that was a dick comment. But the dude has Asperger’s and spaz’s on some things, so I’m not measuring him by a few mean tweets.

Not sure why you tagged me - I've never trashed the guy on here. I think he's a genius actually and I'm fascinated with his forward thinking innovations and applaud him for his humanitarian efforts. And though he can be bizarre, I think he's generally a good guy. Crazy to think the richest man in the world has Asperger's Syndrome.

He rubbed me the wrong way with some of his COVID takes and after his appearance on SNL, Dogecoin tanked right after I had bought a shitload of shares lol.

I'm also a little uncomfortable with the way he's trying to manipulate a private company, but despite all the noise, I don't think his Twitter takeover attempt is about Trump.

Just as a general read on the feelings of the left. Many seem to think Musk is bad, but all of the things I posted seem to line up with a liberal icon. It’s very strange.

I also don’t think the Twitter thing has anything to do with Trump. The only people who do are probably TDS sufferers. His view of it is wayyy beyond trump.

Just as a general read on the feelings of the left. Many seem to think Musk is bad, but all of the things I posted seem to line up with a liberal icon. It’s very strange.

I also don’t think the Twitter thing has anything to do with Trump. The only people who do are probably TDS sufferers. His view of it is wayyy beyond trump.

It's the MAGidiots on this site that think this is all about bringing Trump back, not the anti Trump crew. I am convinced at this point that this all an elaborate pump and dump scheme that could net Elon another $1B when he sells his shares.

It's the MAGidiots on this site that think this is all about bringing Trump back, not the anti Trump crew. I am convinced at this point that this all an elaborate pump and dump scheme that could net Elon another $1B when he sells his shares.

My guess is he thinks there's a slim chance he can buy it, but pump and dump for some extra Bs is the likely fallback plan. He's good either way.

elon-musk-smoke.gif

Reactions: TigerGrowls
He's playing to his new MAGA base. Dude loves to stir shit up

Here is a question... why do MAGAs think Netflix is woke? Do they want a TV safe space now that is only about straight, christian white people? That will make for some riveting TV.

Here is a question... why do MAGAs think Netflix is woke? Do they want a TV safe space now that is only about straight, christian white people? That will make for some riveting TV.
Don't you know diversity is bad in 2022?

Saw someone say Dems see the Handmaids Tale as a horror story. Republicans see it as a playbook.

Saw someone say Dems see the Handmaids Tale as a horror story. Republicans see it as a playbook.
Ya … and that someone is just the different side of the coin from the Derp who believe that the Democrats want the US to be a Communist country and will murder millions to achieve it.

it’s a giant leap from being pro-life to supporting forced rape and slavery.

regarding “diversity”, I can only speak for myself. I absolutely have no issue with “diversity” in the shows I watch. Where I *cringe* is when diversity is forced and appears to be a mandate from a studio board room. Race or sex swapping characters with decades of established canon? Propping up characters of a selected demographic who are poorly written by making all other characters evil or stupid???

A common gripe from me, is the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy. We are presented with a character who appears instantly amazing at everything with no reason to be so. Rey immediately knows how to fly the Millennium Falcon better than Han Solo even though she has never piloted a ship before. She is more powerful with the force than Luke Skywalker, instantly, with no training. She can use the force to heal, even though that ability is nowhere in nearly 40 years of canon. Leia can Mary Poppins her ass through the vacuum of space, and Admiral Holdo ramrods the best fighter pilot in the resistance all because he asked what her plan was.

when fans questioned these decisions by Lucasfilm what reaction did we get? “Oh you must be racist misogynist incels who hate women and are scared of strong female characters”…. WTF …. ???? Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor would take Rey Skywalkers lunch money and put her in a locker.

but …. I digress ….

even the woke are sometimes not woke enough. There was significant outrage over the movie Raya, because … the voice actors Disney used were of northern Asian descent rather than South Asia where the story that Raya is based on is from.

((((Shrug)))) I dunno … diversity good …. Forces bullshit bad ((((shrug))))

just a question ….

How is Bridgerton, a Netflix show, NOT cultural appropriation? I’ll hang up and take your answer off the air

Reactions: PawsFan_
Ya … and that someone is just the different side of the coin from the Derp who believe that the Democrats want the US to be a Communist country and will murder millions to achieve it.

regarding “diversity”, I can only speak for myself. I absolutely have no issue with “diversity” in the shows I watch. Where I *cringe* is when diversity is forced and appears to be a mandate from a studio board room. Race or sex swapping characters with decades of established canon? Propping up characters of a selected demographic who are poorly written by making all other characters evil or stupid???

A common gripe from me, is the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy. We are presented with a character who appears instantly amazing at everything with no reason to be so. Rey immediately knows how to fly the Millennium Falcon better than Han Solo even though she has never piloted a ship before. She is more powerful with the force than Luke Skywalker, instantly, with no training. She can use the force to heal, even though that ability is nowhere in nearly 40 years of canon. Leia can Mary Poppins her ass through the vacuum of space, and Admiral Holdo ramrods the best fighter pilot in the resistance all because he asked what her plan was.

when fans questioned these decisions by Lucasfilm what reaction did we get? “Oh you must be racist misogynist incels who hate women and are scared of strong female characters”…. WTF …. ???? Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor would take Rey Skywalkers lunch money and put her in a locker.

but …. I digress ….

even the woke are sometimes not woke enough. There was significant outrage over the movie Raya, because … the voice actors Disney used were of northern Asian descent rather than South Asia where the story that Raya is based on is from.

just a question ….

How is Bridgerton, a Netflix show, NOT cultural appropriation? I’ll hang up and take your answer off the air
a great example: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-formin...-league-and-team-policies-regarding-diversity

Healthy diversity measure or reverse discrimination? Tons of examples across corporate America that look a great deal like the above and I can't see how it's any different than what drove affirmative action or equal opportunity mandates back in the 60's.

Racism and bigotry have continued to die a slow death since the 60's with each new generation and that's without all of the woke policies. Anyone that thinks this country has a racism problem probably hasn't spent enough time traveling outside of it.

a great example: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-formin...-league-and-team-policies-regarding-diversity

Healthy diversity measure or reverse discrimination? Tons of examples across corporate America that look a great deal like the above and I can't see how it's any different than what drove affirmative action or equal opportunity mandates back in the 60's.

Racism and bigotry have continued to die a slow death since the 60's with each new generation and that's without all of the woke policies. Anyone that thinks this country has a racism problem probably hasn't spent enough time traveling outside of it.

"America doesn't have a racism problem because it is way less racist than other countries I have been to." _ Jakefest

It is very, very easy for a white dude to proclaim that we don't have a racism problem. We can always do better.

Twitter isn't a private company. It's public.

And I agree, his Twitter investment is about taking a mismanaged platform, making changes and taking it to the next level.

Reactions: TigerGrowls

but …. I digress ….

just a question ….

god the new trilogy sucked so ****ing hard after the first movie.

never seen bridgerton so idk anything about it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT