ADVERTISEMENT

Nashville shooting

• Lori Lightfoot was voted out by Dems, so not the best example to use for what Dems want, plus you sure as hell read a lot more into that post than I did. I didn't see a word that referenced children transitioning. But if you're telling me there hasn't been a full on assault against vulnerable communities the last few years - for POLITICAL purposes - you're lying - no wonder they feel rage.

• I don't know why some parents take their children to drag shows, but I'm sure the number is miniscule and I highly doubt it's traumatizing to children. But what I do know is that YOU have no right to tell a parent they can't or to say what's right for someone else's child. If you don't want your child to see a drag show, don't take them to one.

• No point in arguing about mental health when Republicans vote down every bill that addresses it. Other countries have mental health issues as well but strangely they don't have an epidemic of mass shootings. Gee, I wonder why. Nibbling around the edges on these issues won't solve anything - we need to take a sledgehammer to it.

• There's no question that the large majority of these types of shootings are caused by young white men, but let one person who identifies as trans cause one and it seems like you care so much more all of a sudden. You can lie all you want about it, but we know it's because the Right has decided culture wars are their way to victory, since they know their poliicies are so unpopular. Instead of wasting half your time bitching and slandering others, why not focus on things that actually help people and leave vulnerable communities the hell alone. The world isn't going back to the 1950s no matter how hard you try to take us back.
Nothing in your response puts any responsibility on the actual shooter......you defend a call to arms from a politician as warranted and not harmful, you blame republicans not the shooter, you twist me not wanting my own children exposed to me telling other parents what to do, you claim it's young white men but in reality, the shootings in Chicago, New Orleans, etc every single weekend are actually by definition mass shootings but you'll note those aren't counted because they don't fit your dumb f*cking narrative.

You don't give two sh*ts about solving the problem as much as you do about making this a political fight against the side you've been radicalized against.

It doesn't matter if Lori was voted out, she made that post while in office and feeling rage doesn't give you the right to shoot innocent people. I feel rage every time I read one of your dumb f*cking posts but I don't have visions of shooting you over it. You see how that works?

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Are you stupid enough to think Colt sells ghost guns. No excuse for ignorance. You have no clue how building a ghost even works. Goggle is your friend.

How many times can you shoot a 3D printed gun?

The weapon can hold 5 bullets at once in its 3D-printed barrel. In November 2013 Solid Concepts, now a Stratasys brand, 3D printed an operational metal gun. The Browning 1911 Metal Replica fired more than 600 bullets without any damage to the gun.

I’m not sure what the point here is. The printing, distribution or ownership of ghost guns should be illegal. You should not be able to buy pieces of an untraceable gun online. I don’t know the laws surrounding this stuff, but it seems like it should be pretty clear.

This thread is disgraceful. If there is a solution, I can promise people treating each other like this isn't going to lead to it. C'mon guys.

Y'all think something is going to get done when this is the common response from certain members of Congress?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...s-nashville-tennessee-republican/11557086002/

all I hear is "ban Assault Weapons"

WTF is an assault weapon? Would someone please explain that to me? It is an anti-gun made up term. Things that can be assault weapons: anything that you can commit an assault with...plain and simple

Then the POTUS said she had 2 AK47 in his ridiculously dementia heavy press conference that he was more interested in talking ice cream and getting some dude name Ben's approval

This is not something that will ever be completely fixed. Anyone who believed that is buying rainbows and unicorns. If someone wants to kill someone they will. Fact is almost every one of these mass shootings happen in gun free zones. Fact is most other gun crimes happen in crime heavy inner city democratic cities.

That is not a political opinion. That is fact. Most guns in mass shootings are generally obtained legally. Most in crime heavy inner cities are obtained illegally. Most mass shooters struggle from some sort of mental illness/disorder and most shootings in heavy crime area are drug or gang related

Those are the facts...so how do you fix? First of all every school should have all entry level points coated with the 3M bullet proof coating or glass replaced with bullet proof glass. Secondly, they should have a police officer stationed at the schools. I feel pretty sae knowing that just about every time I go to my kids school there is a patrol car out front. Have had one gun threat at the school over the years, school was locked down, and the threat was detained almost immediately.

Fact is, stricter gun laws are great but lookat states with the most strict...highest shootings in general and most are not obtained legally. For example, I know for a fact that the bloods in Greenville are tied to the ones in NY. Part of their initiation is to steal a gun and they sell it to the gang in NY or trade it for drugs.

One of the stolen guns was used to shoot a Greenville County police officer a few years back. Bad people will do bad things...but my question remains...what are assault weapons and what are you wanting to ban.

And as we have continued to see...give them an inch they'll take a mile. Cater to one thing and they'll hit you with another. Slippery slope

Nothing in your response puts any responsibility on the actual shooter......you defend a call to arms from a politician as warranted and not harmful, you blame republicans not the shooter, you twist me not wanting my own children exposed to me telling other parents what to do, you claim it's young white men but in reality, the shootings in Chicago, New Orleans, etc every single weekend are actually by definition mass shootings but you'll note those aren't counted because they don't fit your dumb f*cking narrative.

You don't give two sh*ts about solving the problem as much as you do about making this a political fight against the side you've been radicalized against.

It doesn't matter if Lori was voted out, she made that post while in office and feeling rage doesn't give you the right to shoot innocent people. I feel rage every time I read one of your dumb f*cking posts but I don't have visions of shooting you over it. You see how that works?
Who turned a post about a mass shooting into a political post about the trans community? You are partly responsible for that, so own it. All mass shootings count and they are all horrific - not just the ones committed by a tiny population of people that you spend half your time disparaging.

I do care about solving the problem but how does that even matter when we know that any real solution will be blocked by the party in the pocket of the NRA?

I did not see Lightfoot advocate shooting anyone, but if she did, she should be put in jail - period. Funny how you saw it differently when Trump said similar things on Jan. 6th.

You are not a serious person

And btw, you glossed over the fact that Lori Lightfoot, a very public figure posted a "Call to Arms" on a very public forum to a community of people who somehow seem to be turning to violence as of late, for no apparent reason other than parents not wanting their kids transitioned without their consent and not before they hit a certain age threshold. Somehow you're perfectly ok with that but if a group of kids or parents want prayer at school, the pledge of allegiance cited or the national anthem sang they are a bunch of right wing, nationalist, extremist etc. If it's not ok for the right to encourage violence, then why is it ok for the left? Social justice must be more important than civility I guess.......

No one cares that there are transexual people or even drag shows but why do you support subjecting children to it? Why is this even an argument from that community and why is that community pushing for it? Also, why gloss over the fact that violence from the trans community is trending upwards? How can you fix something if you don't address the problem? Kids are highly impressionable, why not let them mature a bit before we start telling them they can change their sex?

Also, I'm the f*cking a**hole? Your liberal OP buddy, posted a sarcastic thoughts and prayers post the same day 3 kids were targeted and killed for being christian by a trans whack job who was deemed unstable by her parents, who somehow managed to buy a bunch of guns while under psych eval and living at home with said parents and who left a chain of pre-event evidence saying she was going to do something bad which her closest friends or parents did nothing about and yet the lefties on the thread come back with "let's take all of the guns" ......f*ck me running, how many red flags do you need? The lack of a gun doesn't prevent this maniac from hurting people, she just drives a car into the school pickup line instead.

I am all for gun reform, I've said it multiple times on this giant time suck of a board. It should be hard to obtain any gun, you should have to attend at least one safety course before you can buy your first gun, you should undergo a background check and there should be a "red flag" database that gets cross-referenced pre-gun purchase. All of these changes should be the unified push America takes on as a first step. Aim small, hit big.

Instead of the 4000 climate change startups and not for profits, why does't someone create a red flag and gun safety reference check platform which gun dealers are forced to use? Tons and tons of startups and government funding allocated to dumb ideas but yet nothing towards something like this?
Can you provide data showing violence from the trans community is on the rise?

Given that the overwhelming majority of school shootings are perpetrated by straight white males, and 3 of the last 2k+ shootings where committed by members of the lgbtq community, I’d argue straight white males are the larger concern.

Media aren't helping quell the push to violence, that's for sure......

Are you doing the same kind of media auditing against RW news sources when attacks against the LGBTQ community occur? I don't remember seeing similar tweets following the Colorado club shooting last november or the Pulse nightclub shooting.

The Human Rights Campaign reports that 1 out of every 5 hate crimes and shootings committed in the US is done against the LGBTQ community. Do you think all the vitriol being spouted by the right has contributed at all to these attacks? If so, it would be nice to see you condemn that with the same intensity you condemn the left for their perceived faults.

Are you doing the same kind of media auditing against RW news sources when attacks against the LGBTQ community occur? I don't remember seeing similar tweets following the Colorado club shooting last november or the Pulse nightclub shooting.

The Human Rights Campaign reports that 1 out of every 5 hate crimes and shootings committed in the US is done against the LGBTQ community. Do you think all the vitriol being spouted by the right has contributed at all to these attacks? If so, it would be nice to see you condemn that with the same intensity you condemn the left for their perceived faults.

Almost all hate crimes are going to be committed against minority groups of some kind. Also, this shooting would be classified a hate crime by the criteria set forth. I will believe that when I see it. So that will be an unreported hate crime of which there are many. The attack on the man working for Rand Paul was possibly a hate crime. There are so many things that just get glossed over. Those stats are entirely one way. Not legitimate at all.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Y’all think something is going to get done when the POTUS opens the press conference on the situation with this?

You should read the entire flow of the conversation before getting bent out of shape watching a clay travis video. He was there meeting with the owner of Jeni's Ice Cream, SBA Women's Business Summit, and their children. A little levity in a situation like that isn't the worst course of action.

Almost all hate crimes are going to be committed against minority groups of some kind. Also, this shooting would be classified a hate crime by the criteria set forth. I will believe that when I see it. So that will be an unreported hate crime of which there are many. Those stats are entirely one way. Not legitimate at all.
You lost me, you think the Nashville shooting will be an "unreported hate crime"? Do you have anything to support this claim or is it just a "gut feeling?"

Reactions: fcctiger12
You lost me, you think the Nashville shooting will be an "unreported hate crime"? Do you have anything to support this claim or is it just a "gut feeling?"

Off the top of my head I can't think of a single event that was labeled a hate crime that has been committed against a person who would be considered on the right. There have been myriad false claims of hate crimes of which the Jussie Smollett would be the biggest one.

A big driver of recognition of hate crime groups is the Southern Poverty Law Center which is an extreme left organization. They generally don't consider hate crimes anything that emanate from the left and go rightward. You will see them often quoted or referenced because they have a database of groups that are hate groups. There are maybe 20 black separatist groups on their list of nearly 900 organizations that are hate groups.

As far as this recent shooting, I just said it was my opinion and that I would believe it when I see it. I'm not a person who thinks the hate crime classification is needed. I would vote against it at all times because a crime is a crime and we don't need to add additional labels. That being said since we do have that label I would be highly surprised if it gets added here. Maybe it will and I'll be wrong.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a single event that was labeled a hate crime that has been committed against a person who would be considered on the right. There have been myriad false claims of hate crimes of which the Jussie Smollett would be the biggest one.

A big driver of recognition of hate crime groups is the Southern Poverty Law Center which is an extreme left organization. They generally don't consider hate crimes anything that emanate from the left and go rightward. You will see them often quoted or referenced because they have a database of groups that are hate groups. There are maybe 20 black separatist groups on their list of nearly 900 organizations that are hate groups.

As far as this recent shooting, I just said it was my opinion and that I would believe it when I see it. I'm not a person who thinks the hate crime classification is needed. I would vote against it at all times because a crime is a crime and we don't need to add additional labels. That being said since we do have that label I would be highly surprised if it gets added here. Maybe it will and I'll be wrong.
The name Dylan Roof ring any bells? The Buffalo shooting last year? 2019 Walmart shooting in El Paso? Pittsburgh synagogue shooting in 2018.

Edit: Misread your first paragraph. My mistake

Last edited:
My "something" is stricter gun laws and increased funding for mental health programs so we can get these people the help they need before they commit another tragedy. I don't think our society is any more sick than any other first world society, we just have easier access to devices that can easily commit mass murder than other nations.
I agree on the mental health programs - but first we gotta recognize what is truly a mental health issue. Right now there seems to be a movement to normalize everything. Trans is one thing (and in and of itself is generally harmless) but there are other issues.
Arm the teachers and legalize open-carry for students! /s
Absolutely should not be necessary in a school. It's an elementary school, not Dodge City.

And I would not trust ~75% of the teachers I know with a firearm.
Untraceable = serial numbers removed. SMFH. Or ghost gun..Ghost guns are unregulated firearms that anyone — including minors and prohibited purchasers — can buy and build without a background check. Ghost guns are unserialized and untraceable firearms that can be bought online and assembled at home.
Ghost guns are .....not easy to make. On an AR15 for instance, a 'ghost' receiver is unmilled, and the builder has to mill it out themselves. It takes some pretty good equipment (such as a milling machine) to do it I think. There are fixtures, etc available to do handguns but on the AR (for instance) you have to hollow out the middle of the receiver.

I'll dig it up but 3D printed receivers don't do well either IIRC.

Reactions: Clemson Goat

that's because people on the left don't commit hate crimes. ;)

All joking aside, it's an interesting point, and i'd be curious to see what metrics you use to quantify as a hate crime towards the right. I'm sure there were plenty of the victims of the Pulse night club shooting, or really any other hate crime against POC/LGBTQ community that were republicans. Or do you just mean POC attacks against white people?

that's because people on the left don't commit hate crimes. ;)

All joking aside, it's an interesting point, and i'd be curious to see what metrics you use to quantify as a hate crime towards the right. I'm sure there were plenty of the victims of the Pulse night club shooting, or really any other hate crime against POC/LGBTQ community that were republicans. Or do you just mean POC attacks against white people?

Against someone who would be classified in a right leaning group. Political violence from the left toward the right if you want to break it all the way down. It occurs all the time and it's never considered a hate crime. The same with violence against people of faith on the basis of their faith. We just have a very clear one-way street on these things. It doesn't matter what the person looks like. There's a general attitude on the left that any action they choose is justified because the right is evil. Conversely, a lot of those same attitudes exist on the far right as well. The biggest difference is when it comes from the right the media doesn't sweep it under the carpet and the media doesn't give it credibility. One injustice enrages another and we end up with all these very gross attacks that people think are justified. Until we stop this insanity, it's just going to keep getting worse and worse.

Every day I read headlines and articles from both sides. So many of them are written to enrage people about what's going on. And you get in a forum like this and you see one side thinking they are pure and the other is pure evil. This isn't a path to anything good and there are inputs everywhere. It's a really bad situation.

I agree on the mental health programs - but first we gotta recognize what is truly a mental health issue. Right now there seems to be a movement to normalize everything. Trans is one thing (and in and of itself is generally harmless) but there are other issues.

Absolutely should not be necessary in a school. It's an elementary school, not Dodge City.

And I would not trust ~75% of the teachers I know with a firearm.

Ghost guns are .....not easy to make. On an AR15 for instance, a 'ghost' receiver is unmilled, and the builder has to mill it out themselves. It takes some pretty good equipment (such as a milling machine) to do it I think. There are fixtures, etc available to do handguns but on the AR (for instance) you have to hollow out the middle of the receiver.

I'll dig it up but 3D printed receivers don't do well either IIRC.

I was only talking about handguns sorry I didn't indicate that. There's company's that sell 3D printed kits which include the plans , software, and parts to put it together. My understanding a person must use a certain type of raw material when printing a so called ghost gun. I am still in the learning stage .My understanding some 3D printed guns use very little machined parts while others use a lot of machined parts .

The way you MAGAs have divided us, I feel like I'm already in one.
Haha, the division started far before 2016. I would argue that most Conservatives have the same stances they did back in the early 2000's or before. If standing your ground based on moral, spiritual, social, or financial beliefs caused the divide then, I guess I am guilty. On the contrary, liberals have pushed their agenda so far left since 2008 they have not only divided the country but also divided themselves.

Haha, the division started far before 2016. I would argue that most Conservatives have the same stances they did back in the early 2000's or before. If standing your ground based on moral, spiritual, social, or financial beliefs caused the divide then, I guess I am guilty. On the contrary, liberals have pushed their agenda so far left since 2008 they have not only divided the country but also divided themselves.

It's always fascinating to me. People choose to adhere to what they view as traditional and time honored values and they're the ones dividing. Both sides do create division but the whole Trump thing is really strange to me.

• Haha
Reactions: J.Greenbeans
It's always fascinating to me. People choose to adhere to what they view as traditional and time honored values and they're the ones dividing. Both sides do create division but the whole Trump thing is really strange to me.
Bro, you're nuts and gaslighting. I for one, am not a Trumper but If I was, that would be ok too. I am conservative. I've had the same views since I was 18.

Bro, you're nuts and gaslighting. I for one, am not a Trumper but If I was, that would be ok too. I am conservative. I've had the same views since I was 18.
I think a lot of people's views change as they age and have new experiences and meet new cultures/people/etc. I used to be a staunch rightwing guy, and then I left my small town, moved to a few big cities, met new people, experienced new cultures, etc. and it changed my whole perspective on things. I still favor low taxes and limited government overreach, but i'm more empathetic to minorities, the LGBTQ, etc because i've gotten to know many of them and have heard their stories about the struggles they deal with and have had to overcome.

Against someone who would be classified in a right leaning group. Political violence from the left toward the right if you want to break it all the way down. It occurs all the time and it's never considered a hate crime. The same with violence against people of faith on the basis of their faith. We just have a very clear one-way street on these things. It doesn't matter what the person looks like. There's a general attitude on the left that any action they choose is justified because the right is evil. Conversely, a lot of those same attitudes exist on the far right as well. The biggest difference is when it comes from the right the media doesn't sweep it under the carpet and the media doesn't give it credibility. One injustice enrages another and we end up with all these very gross attacks that people think are justified. Until we stop this insanity, it's just going to keep getting worse and worse.

Every day I read headlines and articles from both sides. So many of them are written to enrage people about what's going on. And you get in a forum like this and you see one side thinking they are pure and the other is pure evil. This isn't a path to anything good and there are inputs everywhere. It's a really bad situation.
I guess that's fair. I've always considered hate crimes to be actions against a certain sex/race/creed/etc, and not really political crimes.

Reactions: fcctiger12
Are you stupid enough to think Colt sells ghost guns. No excuse for ignorance. You have no clue how building a ghost even works. Goggle is your friend.

How many times can you shoot a 3D printed gun?

The weapon can hold 5 bullets at once in its 3D-printed barrel. In November 2013 Solid Concepts, now a Stratasys brand, 3D printed an operational metal gun. The Browning 1911 Metal Replica fired more than 600 bullets without any damage to the gun.
who knows who has a ghost gun. maybe i even have one.

lol, straysis printer capable of metal costs 5-10k. you think someone is buying a 7k printer and spending thousands more on filament to make a gun?

• Haha
you're arguing the conservative party changed 0% when trump took it over?

I think a lot of people's views change as they age and have new experiences and meet new cultures/people/etc. I used to be a staunch rightwing guy, and then I left my small town, moved to a few big cities, met new people, experienced new cultures, etc. and it changed my whole perspective on things. I still favor low taxes and limited government overreach, but i'm more empathetic to minorities, the LGBTQ, etc because i've gotten to know many of them and have heard their stories about the struggles they deal with and have had to overcome.

I guess that's fair. I've always considered hate crimes to be actions against a certain sex/race/creed/etc, and not really political crimes.
I'm happy for you brother. My experiences in life have deepened my beliefs as well. I am empathetic to minorities. I also believe that the Woke agenda is masqueradeing as love and hurting our businesses and country. Even though I love people, I understand there is absolute right and wrong. It is my belief that we will ultimately have to answer for our choices in eternity. I think it was horrible what happened to those kids in Nashville. I believe that the mentally ill or criminal population should not be able to own guns. I am not naive enough to think that a law would keep that population from obtaining a gun or killing. I do believe that anyone who blames these issues on the gun is illogical. We have more guns in this country than people, if it were the gun that were the problem we would all be dead. The problem is with evil and sick people.

Last edited:
you're arguing the conservative party changed 0% when trump took it over?
I never said the party didn't change. Just that most conservatives had the same belief system well before Trump. The Obama years and the "Change" that he brought fueled the fire for Trump to win in 2016. Which inturn led to to the incompetent president that we have now. I don't agree with how Trump led. I don't even believe he's genuine. He did do a good job standing up for what conservatives believe in.

Did the conservative party change? Yes, but what we believed was the same. The figure head at they top didn't care how the message was delivered. It's my hope that he will not be the conservative candidate.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
Trump absolutely changed the Republican Party.

You could be right about that. In which case, I am wrong. But I do think that the term "hate" in that description could easily deal with violence against religious people or people of a certain ideology.

• Haha
I don't agree with how Trump led. I don't even believe he's genuine. I did do a good job standing up for what conservatives believe in.
what is this non sequitur bullshit garbage? trump owns the conservatives now. like it or hate it, your whole party flows through him. played with fire and now you're crying with 3rd degree burns in the ICU.

You misunderstood my point I think. I was agreeing with you. I'm saying that if you're standing in a place of established norms and there's a movement in another direction, the person holding to established norms is really not the divider. I was also saying that people claiming Trump is the divider is puzzling. He's not the origin of all of this though for many on the left, he could be perceived that way because his political fortunes are a result of a very strong backlash from those who have long been disenfranchised and neglected. The claims those people are all racist and evil certainly isn't going to help much and I believe that's a lot of why people so stubbornly cling to their support of Trump. The political left and the media establishment have completely misread the reasons people support Trump. Not sure how but they have done that consistently.

• Haha
who knows who has a ghost gun. maybe i even have one.

lol, straysis printer capable of metal costs 5-10k. you think someone is buying a 7k printer and spending thousands more on filament to make a gun?

I guess Some people can't afford what others have. 7k 🤣 A person can purchase a complete ghost gun kit and assemble it at home for around 500 dollars and sell it on the streets in N.Y. for around 1500.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Wait, so you're not a Trumper, meaning you voted for Hillary and Biden? Or you're just conveniently not a Trumper when it feels embarrassing to be one? Pretty sure I know the answer so your argument for caring about morality rings hollow, especially if, like you said in another post, it's ok to be one. You've completely lost the moral high ground if you're still ok with him after you know what he's done since the election, in particular.

The division may have started earlier but he took a sledgehammer to it and opened up a Pandora's box of hatred and bigotry like we've never seen before. And the Right must love it because he got 10 million more votes the second time around. On top of that, he's still the leading candidate and the guy in 2nd place is even more divisive, so let's be clear - you love them because they hate us- full stop. If that wasn't the main reason then Trump and Cruz wouldn't have been the top two candidates in 2016 and DeSantis wouldn't be number two now.

And Trump begat Mad Marge, GED Boebert, Paul Gosar etc... along with QAnon, the rise of white supremacy and the culture wars. If you cared about morality you would be shouting down all these things and they wouldn't be getting rich off owning the libs.

You really want to make a difference, quit applauding those that want to tear us further apart and vote them out.

• Angry
Reactions: nytigerfan
Who turned a post about a mass shooting into a political post about the trans community? You are partly responsible for that, so own it. All mass shootings count and they are all horrific - not just the ones committed by a tiny population of people that you spend half your time disparaging.

I do care about solving the problem but how does that even matter when we know that any real solution will be blocked by the party in the pocket of the NRA?

I did not see Lightfoot advocate shooting anyone, but if she did, she should be put in jail - period. Funny how you saw it differently when Trump said similar things on Jan. 6th.

You are not a serious person
What isn’t clear about her post?

I guess Some people can't afford what others have. 7k 🤣 A person can purchase a complete ghost gun kit and assemble it at home for around 500 dollars and sell it on the streets in N.Y. for around 1500.

Still yet to provide actual video evidence of this fantastical 3D ghost gun. Tell me about the murders with these 3D guns. Has it happened yet outside of a James Bond movie?

In reality almost all ‘ghost guns’ are from partial lowers that are machined to finish. Most of those were/are sold online. How about we target 95% of the problem rather than cry about 1%. those partial lowers that were sold online are 100% traceable. We can even find the shops that finished them pretty easily. Again, it’s not hard to track almost every gun if the government wanted to. For some reason one party doesn’t want that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT