ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Will You Get Or Have You Been Vaccinated for Covid 19?

Will You Be or Have You Been Vaccinated for Covid 19

• Yes When Eligible / Available

Votes: 141 16.9%
  • No

Votes: 142 17.0%
  • Already Vaccinated

Votes: 451 54.1%
  • Undecided / Waiting

Votes: 105 12.6%

• Total voters
Had positive Covid test Dec 3. Gave Blood March 25, still positive for antibodies. I’ll give blood every 56 days until the antibody test comes back negative, then I’ll get vaccine only if travel industry makes it mandatory. Wife, same boat. Thank you all for testing them out for us.

Reactions: nashvegastiger
No, you’re dumb because you can’t read my posts with any kind of normal interpretation. Where did I say it is dumb to get the shot or trying to end the virus? I said I respect everyone’s decision to either get it or not get it and you accuse me of being selfish and hiding behind a smokescreen and not doing my part blah blah blah. Did you read the part that I had COVID 4 months ago and according to all the experts I can’t contract it again (the “experts” say 180 days). They also suggest that getting the shot within 90 days may be too soon because many have had more reaction to it (I know someone who was hospitalized).

Have you given blood during this pandemic to do your part? I have 3 times but I’m selfish, right? I’m not afraid of the shot but I made a personal choice to not get the shot because statistically I’m a near zero percentage contractor right now. But I am afraid of people like you who don’t respect others or bother to understand others perspective and then criticize because they don’t blindly follow the crowd. Your type I’m afraid off for sure.
You’re playing a bit of a shell game, here. On the one hand, you’re likely right that you’re immune for a certain period of time because you have already had COVID. That immunity probably won’t last forever, which is why the CDC says people should be vaccinated regardless (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html ;note that they don’t say you should wait 90 days after having the virus, but the do say you should wait if you’ve had certain treatments for the virus).

On the other hand, you keep repeating that people should “RESPECT MY DECISION” to not get vaccinated, for whatever reason somebody might give. I’d like for people to be kind to each other, but you can be kind to somebody while telling them they’re flat out wrong, and while recognizing that decisions that affect public health aren’t just personal decisions. The kind of individualism that says “just believe whatever you want” is actually dangerous during a public health emergency, which is why some people are especially frustrated with people who seem to just want to be ornery.

We need as many people as possible to get vaccinated both to reduce the danger of the virus, and to put and end to harsh public health interventions. It would be great if people would do what they can to help end the pandemic, rather than denying it’s worth doing anything about (which is moot anyway, because we’re already over a year into the taking of those measures) or making this about assertions of individuality.

Last edited:
Reactions: fcctiger12

explain what he’s done...honestly now it is on the manufacturers and how quick they can get them to the approved companies to give them

The issue now is how many are wasted. Once taken out of fridge you have 6 hours to administer. Millions have been thrown away because they received too many or people didn’t show up to get them. Long term care facilities have had to waste a ton.

If you honestly think Biden has made some miraculous changes I don’t know what to tell you because that’s not accurate. And now facilities that took the time to go into all 4 portals to get approved to administer have no clue when they’ll receive their vaccines, what brand they will get, how many they will receive yet still have to go into two portals daily and log that they didn’t administer any and they don’t even have the damn vaccine

And all the rules change weekly on how and when you can administer. As I said above the window has changed and if the second dose doesn’t show up in time they say just give it anyway or use the other manufacturer. Yeah Biden has really done a lot

Science shows that kids do not get or transmit this virus.

Much of Europe has been going to school since last April. numerous studies show that the virus does not transmit in a school environment.

Continual denial of this is ridiculous ... now here we are in the totalitarian state where we are required to take a vaccine for our children who have no risk? or forced to take a vaccine when we already had COVID-19?

I am all for taking the vaccine for those who need it but the rhetoric and attack on freedoms around COVID is staggering. No studies have even been done for kids yet and Fauci wants to start studies on 6 month old babies? Unbelievable.
Requiring vaccinations to attend school isn’t totalitarian, unless we’ve been totalitarian since the 1800s. I also don’t know about the idea that kids don’t transmit COVID: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210121/kids-highly-likely-to-transmit-covid-to-others. I still think schools should be open now, and then they can debate whether they want to require Covid vaccination in the future.

You’re playing a bit of a shell game, here. On the one hand, you’re likely right that you’re immune for a certain period of time because you have already had COVID. That immunity probably won’t last forever, which is why the CDC says people should be vaccinated regardless (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html; note that they don’t say you should wait 90 days after having the virus, but the do say you should wait if you’ve had certain treatments for the virus).

Your CDC link does not work BTW.

The length of the immunity from a vaccine or from getting COVID is not different. Why does a person who had COVID, need to get a vaccine within 6-9 months of having COVID? I already showed the study in this thread.

The immunity from a vaccine does not last forever either. Yes - I have seen the 90 day criteria - are people who got the vaccine in December getting ready to get the vaccine again now in March and April 2021? This is lunacy!!

Reactions: nmerritt11
You think it’s ok for following

1. extending the window between 2 shots without any data that is acceptable...and if it doesn’t fall within that window they say give second shot anyway
2. If you took one brand for the first shot and it’s not available for the second shot but you have access to the other brand to combo them?

because that’s what DHEC stated was acceptable on a call recently. That seems pretty careless to me. I doubt Moderna and Pfizer have any data or testing showing they work together
Everything I’ve heard from the CDC is that you can’t/shouldn’t be mixing the brands. Sounds like a problem if DHEC is telling people that. I don’t know enough about what’s going on in SC to say much about that, though.

You think it’s ok for following

1. extending the window between 2 shots without any data that is acceptable...and if it doesn’t fall within that window they say give second shot anyway
2. If you took one brand for the first shot and it’s not available for the second shot but you have access to the other brand to combo them?

because that’s what DHEC stated was acceptable on a call recently. That seems pretty careless to me. I doubt Moderna and Pfizer have any data or testing showing they work together

Sounds like a DHEc problem to me.

Science shows that kids do not get or transmit this virus.

Much of Europe has been going to school since last April. numerous studies show that the virus does not transmit in a school environment.

Continual denial of this is ridiculous ... now here we are in the totalitarian state where we are required to take a vaccine for our children who have no risk? or forced to take a vaccine when we already had COVID-19?

I am all for taking the vaccine for those who need it but the rhetoric and attack on freedoms around COVID is staggering. No studies have even been done for kids yet and Fauci wants to start studies on 6 month old babies? Unbelievable.

Requiring vaccinations to attend school isn’t totalitarian, unless we’ve been totalitarian since the 1800s. I also don’t know about the idea that kids don’t transmit COVID: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210121/kids-highly-likely-to-transmit-covid-to-others. I still think schools should be open now, and then they can debate whether they want to require Covid vaccination in the future.

All those requirements were for disease that severely affected children. COVID does not. So this is not a meaningful statement about "unless we have been totalitarian since the 1800s".

I can cite 10 other articles and case studies showing the opposite of of the WebMD referenced study. I believe numerous medical studies as opposed to a journalist interpretation of of a study as everything around COVID is influenced by politics.

The length of the immunity from a vaccine or from getting COVID is not different. Why does a person who had COVID, need to get a vaccine within 6-9 months of having COVID? I already showed the study in this thread.

The immunity from a vaccine does not last forever either. Yes - I have seen the 90 day criteria - are people who got the vaccine in December getting ready to get the vaccine again now in March and April 2021? This is lunacy!!
Should be fixed now. As far as I know, none of us have first hand knowledge of this stuff, so all we can go on is what the people who do have first hand knowledge are saying. And they’re recommending that people who’ve had COVID get vaccinated. I’m also not sure why anybody would be resistant to the vaccine, other than they just don’t like being told what to do.

Anyway:https://www.prevention.com/health/a34893510/do-you-need-vaccine-if-you-had-covid-19-already/

Sounds like a DHEc problem to me.

I heard a lot of the call as a hospice I call on was on it...DHEC works directly with the CDC. They don’t make these calls without the CDC giving them the OK.

There were 500+ people on this call. It was no SC thing...No way would DHEC give that info without the CDC giving them the thumbs up. The HHS, CDC, And DHEC all work together on these issues.

Should be fixed now. As far as I know, none of us have first hand knowledge of this stuff, so all we can go on is what the people who do have first hand knowledge are saying. And they’re recommending that people who’ve had COVID get vaccinated. I’m also not sure why anybody would be resistant to the vaccine, other than they just don’t like being told what to do.

Anyway:https://www.prevention.com/health/a34893510/do-you-need-vaccine-if-you-had-covid-19-already/

I already showed the study of people who had COVID and 8 months later, 95% showed antibody reactions. Let's see in 8 months if the vaccines do as well. The illogic of this argument is well - illogical).

I am not against the vaccines at all - I am just calling out the fear and control tactics "if you do not get the vaccine, then you are not protected" and cannot travel or be forced to do certain things.

I already showed the study of people who had COVID and 8 months later, 95% showed antibody reactions. Let's see in 8 months if the vaccines do as well. The illogic of this argument is well - illogical).

I am not against the vaccines at all - I am just calling out the fear and control tactics "if you do not get the vaccine, then you are not protected" and cannot travel or be forced to do certain things.
Ok, but you’re also talking about a subset of the population, not the general population. And it’s still a better idea to get vaccinated than not to get vaccinated, even if you’ve had COVID.

I can’t figure out what people think the upshot is of alleged “fear and control” tactics for the experts and public health officials they say are using them. If people listen to them, then more people will get vaccinated. That’s pretty much it. There aren’t really any downsides to more people being vaccinated.

I heard a lot of the call as a hospice I call on was on it...DHEC works directly with the CDC. They don’t make these calls without the CDC giving them the OK.

There were 500+ people on this call. It was no SC thing...No way would DHEC give that info without the CDC giving them the thumbs up. The HHS, CDC, And DHEC all work together on these issues.
Well, I was on a call with the CDC on Thursday and they are recommending against this. Maybe there was a miscommunication.

Well, I was on a call with the CDC on Thursday and they are recommending against this. Maybe there was a miscommunication.

they definitely recommend against it but also stated that if the original company you used isn’t available and the only option is using the other than do it. They don’t recommend getting the second shot outside of the window either but also stated that is that’s the only option give it anyway.

So while they aren’t recommending it they are allowing it

Ok, but you’re also talking about a subset of the population, not the general population. And it’s still a better idea to get vaccinated than not to get vaccinated, even if you’ve had COVID.

I can’t figure out what people think the upshot is of alleged “fear and control” tactics for the experts and public health officials they say are using them. If people listen to them, then more people will get vaccinated. That’s pretty much it. There aren’t really any downsides to more people being vaccinated.

Don’t you think it’s kind of funny they are going to start requiring this to live your life and even have a card to travel yet still don’t think people should be required to have an ID to vote?

No need for an ID but if you wanna go on a cruise you better have a vaccine card. It cracks me up how much people are allowing the government to control our lives.

Don’t you think it’s kind of funny they are going to start requiring this to live your life and even have a card to travel yet still don’t think people should be required to have an ID to vote?

No need for an ID but if you wanna go on a cruise you better have a vaccine card. It cracks me up how much people are allowing the government to control our lives.
I don’t know if that’s going to happen or not, but it doesn’t seem like a bad idea (at least at first) for private events to require it. Cruises were breeding grounds for this early on, so yeah, it makes a lot of sense on cruises. The alternative isn’t getting back to normal right away, it’s no cruises.

they definitely recommend against it but also stated that if the original company you used isn’t available and the only option is using the other than do it. They don’t recommend getting the second shot outside of the window either but also stated that is that’s the only option give it anyway.

So while they aren’t recommending it they are allowing it
I have heard the second part, but not the first. I think what they’re saying is that if you get a different vaccine, you have to restart the series. The same might go for getting a second dose too far from the first dose.

Here are the CDC interim recommendations: “However, second doses administered within a grace period of 4 days earlier than the recommended date for the second dose are still considered valid. If it is not feasible to adhere to the recommended interval and a delay in vaccination is unavoidable, the second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines may be administered up to 6 weeks (42 days) after the first dose. Currently, only limited data are available on efficacy of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines administered beyond this window.”

Interchangeability:
“Any currently authorized COVID-19 vaccine can be used when indicated; ACIP does not state a product preference. However, COVID-19 vaccines are not interchangeable.

In exceptional situations in which the vaccine product given for the first dose cannot be determined or is no longer available, any available mRNA COVID-19 vaccine may be administered at a minimum interval of 28 days between doses to complete the mRNA COVID-19 vaccination series. In situations where the same mRNA vaccine product is temporarily unavailable, it is preferable to delay the 2nd dose (up to 6 weeks) to receive the same product than to receive a mixed series using a different product. If two doses of different mRNA COVID-19 vaccine products are administered in these situations (or inadvertently), no additional doses of either product are recommended at this time.

The safety and efficacy of Janssen COVID-19 vaccine administered after an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine has not been established. However, in limited, exceptional situations where a patient received the first dose of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine but is unable to complete the series with either the same or different mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., due to contraindication), a single dose of Janssen COVID-19 vaccine may be considered at a minimum interval of 28 days from the mRNA COVID-19 vaccine dose.”

Sounds like if you can’t get a second dose of a mRNA vaccine, then you can get a one-dose vaccine, but it’s not considered part of the series for the first vaccine.

Last edited:
This from a guy who posted “I’ll get vaccine only if travel industry makes it mandatory. Wife, same boat. Thank you all for testing them out for us.”

Exactly, I’ll choose the vaccine IF it allows me to do something I WANT to do. Not for you pigeons.

I have heard the second part, but not the first. I think what they’re saying is that if you get a different vaccine, you have to restart the series. The same might go for getting a second dose too far from the first dose.

Not what was said on the call. Heard it with my own two ears...but whatever I’m not getting it unless I am absolutely forced which is bull shit. I’ve been exposed 10+ times and haven’t gotten it. I’m not an anti-vaccine guy but I see no reason to throw something in my body that was rushed into production. I don’t do the flu shot either and never had flu.

I like letting my immune system work

Reactions: lcctay

I disagree that it is necessarily better - kids have no business being required to get the vaccine (there are no studies for kids and 74 million age 18 or younger in USA), the risk of the younger population is minimal, older and non-healthy people should definitely be getting the vaccine, and those with COVID (this is over 30 million confirmed cases) do not need the vaccine for 8 months.

Loss of freedoms and liberties is the downside. This used to be important for America.

So it was a bad take for somebody to point out that people are doing what you say you’re doing?

The bad take is that simply not getting the vaccine makes you selfish. I am being unselfish by ensuring I still retain the antibodies. You guys amaze me. I simply cannot fathom living with your type of brain.

I disagree that it is necessarily better - kids have no business being required to get the vaccine (there are no studies for kids and 74 million age 18 or younger in USA), the risk of the younger population is minimal, older and non-healthy people should definitely be getting the vaccine, and those with COVID (this is over 30 million confirmed cases) do not need the vaccine for 8 months.

Loss of freedoms and liberties is the downside. This used to be important for America.
Yes, requiring the vaccine for school attendance is moot at this point, as it’s not approved for them yet. There are studies going on, though. Requiring vaccination for attending school isn’t taking away a freedom that we currently have.

explain what he’s done...honestly now it is on the manufacturers and how quick they can get them to the approved companies to give them

The issue now is how many are wasted. Once taken out of fridge you have 6 hours to administer. Millions have been thrown away because they received too many or people didn’t show up to get them. Long term care facilities have had to waste a ton.

If you honestly think Biden has made some miraculous changes I don’t know what to tell you because that’s not accurate. And now facilities that took the time to go into all 4 portals to get approved to administer have no clue when they’ll receive their vaccines, what brand they will get, how many they will receive yet still have to go into two portals daily and log that they didn’t administer any and they don’t even have the damn vaccine

And all the rules change weekly on how and when you can administer. As I said above the window has changed and if the second dose doesn’t show up in time they say just give it anyway or use the other manufacturer. Yeah Biden has really done a lot
Okay breh

Okay breh

exactly you can’t say or prove that he’s done anything. We have people sitting waiting on vaccines that have went through the ridiculous channels to administer them. And weekly vaccines are wasted...those are the facts.

Unless Biden is manufacturing them...no matter who the President is they are at the mercy of the manufacturers manufacturing abilities. As more become available...more are sent out. I know a facility that got approved 2 months ago and is still waiting on their supply. They can’t give them any idea when they will receive nor how many yet they have to log every damn day in two portals that they didn’t administer that day. Those are facts “Breh”

With the already vaccinated plus the vaccine when available, TI is at herd immunity. (Not to mention those who have the antibodies)

Congrats!

exactly you can’t say or prove that he’s done anything. We have people sitting waiting on vaccines that have went through the ridiculous channels to administer them. And weekly vaccines are wasted...those are the facts.

Unless Biden is manufacturing them...no matter who the President is they are at the mercy of the manufacturers manufacturing abilities. As more become available...more are sent out. I know a facility that got approved 2 months ago and is still waiting on their supply. They can’t give them any idea when they will receive nor how many yet they have to log every damn day in two portals that they didn’t administer that day. Those are facts “Breh”
Breh.... calm down

Reactions: TheValley91
Breh.... calm down

I’m calm “breh”

I just asked a question which you can’t answer because Biden has done nothing except claim there was no vaccine until he got to office when he got his in December. He can’t get through a press conference much less make vaccines miraculously show up

I’m calm “breh”

I just asked a question which you can’t answer because Biden has done nothing except claim there was no vaccine until he got to office when he got his in December. He can’t get through a press conference much less make vaccines miraculously show up
Quit arguing with yourself

you have been very in to posting COVID threads and you have great interest in the topic, so my question would be when does COVID fatigue set in?

When Death Valley is at 82,000 with no masks and kids are all back in person school 5 days per week then I will quit posting / caring about the Coronavirus.

You have been making some really questionable and unproven claims so far.

"the length of immunity from a vaccine or from getting COVID is not different." We don't know that. We don't know how long immunity lasts from getting COVID. We don't know how long it lasts from a vaccine. We know that vaccines result in a much higher production of neutralizing antibodies. We know that there are certain variants that are re-infecting a number of people (primarily the P1 variant in Brazil).

You also said that kids don't transmit or get COVID? That is just flat out wrong.

You seem to have an established bias against the vaccine and are now cherry picking what you want to hear and the data you look at to support this view.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT