ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Will You Get Or Have You Been Vaccinated for Covid 19?

Will You Be or Have You Been Vaccinated for Covid 19

• Yes When Eligible / Available

Votes: 141 16.9%
  • No

Votes: 142 17.0%
  • Already Vaccinated

Votes: 451 54.1%
  • Undecided / Waiting

Votes: 105 12.6%

• Total voters
I had plenty of reasons to get the vaccine.

1. I see lots of elderly patients every day and I was eligible for the vaccine before them. Many of them asked if I was vaccinated and it was nice to be able to say yes
2. If I'm not at the hospital doing cases, I'm not getting paid. Getting paid is nice
3. I didn't want to sit in the basement for 2 weeks if I became symptomatic and tested positive
4. I never had COVID so the immunity for however long it lasts will be nice

I asked a similar question back before Christmas. Wonder if results will be similar.

Reactions: nashvegastiger
I asked a similar question back before Christmas. Wonder if results will be similar.

Yes, a good comparison for sure. Will be interesting to see how sentiment has changed since then.

Most likely Fewer wait and see responses. The No’s may be fewer but will likely still be 25%

I probably voted wait and see back in December but with 128 million doses given so far I’ve decided to go for it.

Need another category. I am still under 60, suspect I've already had Covid in Feb -20, and will patiently wait until the vaccine is readily available. This will allow others who would like to be vaccinated ahead of me. Hopefully, herd immunity is a mere weeks away. If not, I will get it.

Edit for spelling.

Nothing like another COVID thread to bring us all together
giphy.gif

Need another category. I am still under 60, suspect I've already had Covid in Feb -20, and will patiently wait until the vaccine is readily available. This will allow others who would like to be vaccinated ahead of me. Hopefully, herd immunity is a mere weeks away. If not, I will get it.

Edit for spelling.

Vote Undecided or Waiting

That’s what you’re doing unless you’re sure you are a Yes when eligible / Available

Reactions: tigerridge
Watched a Netflix documentary on the Challenger disaster the other night.

While it may not be an accurate comparison, it's absolutely frightening what the government will overlook when there is pressure from leadership.

It's a pretty good watch. I voted no, but my decision was made prior to watching the documentary.

I have people in my life that I worry for, but they're already vaccinated. If the vaccine truly works then I don't need it because they already have it. If it doesn't work, then there's no need for me to get it.

Watched a Netflix documentary on the Challenger disaster the other night.

While it may not be an accurate comparison, it's absolutely frightening what the government will overlook when there is pressure from leadership.

It's a pretty good watch. I voted no, but my decision was made prior to watching the documentary.

I have people in my life that I worry for, but they're already vaccinated. If the vaccine truly works then I don't need it because they already have it. If it doesn't work, then there's no need for me to get it.

I Respect Your Decision

Interesting results so far. Far more of you have already had the shot than I anticipated. Statewide and nationally we are trending 25% of adults have started it so far but on here we are around 53%.

The No’s have dropped to around 14%.

Also, far fewer folks are waiting than back in December when a similar poll was posted that you can find linked above in the comments.

This vaccine works. Quick story...Good friend has a wife that is pregnant who got vaccinated.

Husband was not eligible and not vaccinated. Their young child caught the virus (rare) and gave it to the dad (even more rare).

Pregnant mom cared for husband and child but did not get it. Thankfully both dad and child are doing fine and recovered quickly.

Got my first dose tues, next April 13th. There were tons of open appts at the prisma thing here in Columbia at Gamecock park. At first I felt hesitant because I'm only eligible because of the BMI thing(I'm pudgy-ish but dont think of myself as anything close to "obese"). When I heard of some other coworkers of my age getting it and seeing how many open appointments there were, went ahead and got it. 35 here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT