ADVERTISEMENT

Trez Harrell cured racism...

Yea, you let the “B**ch A** White Boy” call him the opposite of that, and he will be kicked off of the team, his family would be ridiculed as white racist supremacists and run out of their town in disgrace. But this is the time we live in.

I remember hearing an interview years ago by Al Sharpton who said black people cannot be racist. So you would be considered by BLM as being racist for making this comment, or thread title. Man it is just SO fun waking up each day to see what this racist world has in store for me. So I get up and work on my family tree on ancestry.com, and realize that this too might be racism, as all my ancestors (according to some) are all likely racists???

Im not offended on a race level. Im offended on a double standard level
There has been a double standard for decades...trust me as a former Clemson and NFL player. I have nothing to gain or lose with this statement. It’s just an absolute fact. Sad but true. BillyD. **Additionally, I have stated on this very forum many times that I don’t really count anything in college football before full integration (records, Championships, etc. ) It’s ridiculous to do so otherwise.

Last edited:
It’s amazing how many people commenting on that say it’s “not the same”. I get why they’re saying that but they’re wrong. It needs to stop if it needs to stop.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Oh, I just remembered, my 5th great-grandfather:

Capt. Robert Smith, Captain in the Militia

BIRTH ABT 1700 • Port Royal, King George, Virginia, USA
DEATH FEB 1744 • St. Mary's, Caroline, Virginia, USA

...is the 6th great-grandfather of former First Lady Michelle Obama. So, do I get a little bit of break here with my racist family tree, or does this make it even worse, that I am a distant cousin of Michelle Obama?

Read the comments. Tons of people saying it’s not racist, just derogatory, etc. It’s ok because white people don’t have 100 years of history to be offended by. We really need to just treat each other right and let go of history of any real progress is to be made

I’ve read them and have seen a lot who thinks it’s just derogatory as well. The second part of your statement has a lot of levels to it. Treating each other right would be a great start for sure.

Both black and white people all over social media have been calling him a racist all day. He’ll be suspended and made to go to some type of counseling similar to Riley Cooper. I’m not sure where the “double standard” is.
LOL there’s hardly a mention of it on Twitter. If the roles were reversed, it would be national news. I’m not that bothered by it, but there’s a huge double standard in this country.

I’ve read them and have seen a lot who thinks it’s just derogatory as well. The second part of your statement has a lot of levels to it. Treating each other right would be a great start for sure.

it’s not just a great start. It’s the only thing we can do. We can’t hold people responsible for others actions. We have to forget what lies behind a press in towards what’s ahead.

Reactions: jmm45
LOL there’s hardly a mention of it on Twitter. If the roles were reversed, it would be national news. I’m not that bothered by it, but there’s a huge double standard in this country.

That’s not true, you guys don’t know about it because you watch NBA. You know because it’s on social media. It’s national news, but it ain’t killing someone, etc., which is where you see the huge outrage.

Both black and white people all over social media have been calling him a racist all day. He’ll be suspended and made to go to some type of counseling similar to Riley Cooper. I’m not sure where the “double standard” is.
My "Double standard" is based on the idea that its not a big deal at first glance to the general public.... ( I haven't read social media to determine the backlash...just giving my reaction). I actually agree that its not a big deal what he said. Im not offended in the least. Be it pick up ball or organized there is respect and trash talk. What I saw I don't see to be derogatory.....but if roles are reversed it doesn't fly.

If we are going to recognize what is right, wrong, and (un)acceptable....whats our boundary? I do not have that answer...it has levels obviously.

I would chalk it up to a teaching moment....but lets keep the same energy when roles are reversed.

That’s not true, you guys don’t know about it because you watch NBA. You know because it’s on social media. It’s national news, but it ain’t killing someone, etc., which is where you see the huge outrage.
Look up the damage done by Keese Love in downtown Portland earlier this week. Beat a homeless white guy within an inch of his life for no reason. The guy didn’t even fight back and was sitting the entire time. You don’t see it because beating a white dude doesn’t fit the liberal news narrative.

Look up the damage done by Keese Love in downtown Portland earlier this week. Beat a homeless white guy within an inch of his life for no reason. The guy didn’t even fight back and was sitting the entire time. You don’t see it because beating a white dude doesn’t fit the liberal news narrative.

I feel you on some media trends. And again, the far left and far right have issues in general.

Harrell was trying to fight all night for some reason. Luka called him a “flopping bitch” at one point.

I have no problem with what he said in the heat of battle. As a society, we need to get thicker skin and not get so cot dam sensitive over everything.

Is this thick white skin, thick black skin, or thick red skin? Oops, sorry I can't say redskin!!!

:eek:

Really don't care what he says. No words of ignorance will ever have power over me. Of course there is a double standard and that won't change. People want their narrative so bad they choose to see skin color in everything. Ultimately they are the racists and I pity them.

There has been a double standard for decades...trust me as a former Clemson and NFL player. I have nothing to gain or lose with this statement. It’s just an absolute fact. Sad but true. BillyD. **Additionally, I have stated on this very forum many times that I don’t really count anything in college football before full integration (records, Championships, etc. ) It’s ridiculous to do so otherwise.
Ding ding ding

/thread

You know where the double standard is.

The main stream media wont touch that with a 10 foot pole. They’ll gladly ignore evil, if it benefits their agenda. Truly doing the Satans work...

My thoughts on this thread:

I'm not offended by what he said. He's probably jealous that he will never be near Luka's level as a player (nor will 97% of the players in the league).

I would be surprised if he was suspended for saying this although he should be IMO.

Black people can absolutely be racist just like everybody else can be.

Funny how some of the people in this thread are absolutely racist as you can tell by the history of their postings. No need to call them out because they know who they are as does anyone else who possesses an ounce of intelligence. This comment shouldn't bother you if you are not a racist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT