ADVERTISEMENT

Chance of another mandatory lockdown in SC at 100%???

I got word from a US Representative from SC that he is "100% sure another mandatory SC lockdown is coming soon"

What would this mean for sports in the Fall?

Why cant people just wear their masks? Cases are going way down in states hit hard and way up in states that were not. Seems some people are taking it serious while we are not

Quickest path to normalcy is far and away masks - your denial of that is something I unfortunately cannot fix

slowing exposure is not “quickest”. Just makes it hide for a short time.
Scientifically only way the virus “disappears” is herd immunity or vaccine

we wont agree.....it is fine

S Korea wore masks, and has been upheld as the “leader” in what to do. Now they have more infections again

will be same way here. Have rules then relax......have good exposure numbers, then relapse again. Gonna be a cycle over and over until immunity or vaccine. Watch what happens this fall/winter

we can post round and round all night

Reactions: TigerGrowls
For the most part you are talking about liberals or hippies hanging out in coffee shops. It’s a big portion of who wears them. One of my best friends is a MD, and he has never worn one.

your friend is a doctor who has never worn a medical mask? Sounds like a great doctor, does he work out of the back of a van?

Don’t get your feelings hurt. You tried to imply that I’m riding around with a face mask on and the windows rolled up because I Said something critical about Trump.

As soon as he said he refused to wear a mask, all of his sheep started doing the same thing. He told reporters he wouldn’t give them the satisfaction of seeing him in a mask when he was caught wearing one out of their view. So he is making it symbolic. Not me.
Nah man I am good. There is not much that will change anti trumpers or trump supporters. He could cure cancer and you and most liberals will still hate him and vote for Biden. It is what it is.

Almost 1100 new cases today. Just saying.
In my office during the lockdown I maybe tested 1-2 people a month for COVID. Just in the last week I have tested close to 10. Most of the ones being tested now don't have symptoms, it's just people showing up demanding to be tested.

Reactions: Pawmeister
more infections in SK is like 50 a day - we currently have 1000+ DEATHS a day

SK is not what you want to cite for making this argument

my larger point, that I didn’t articulate well, is that positive cases are popping back up in areas that took all the early precautions.

My point is all the precautions slow spread down (we all know that - never been my stance/argument)

But it is going to come back. We also know that from the nations who went thru this before us.

Im going to begin sipping some bourbon and prop feet up. I enjoy conversations (that dont turn nasty and personal and political)

My wishes for as fast as possible return comes with drawbacks, no doubt. But like I said - if you’re going to get sick from being exposed tomorrow, then you are going to get sick from getting exposed in 3 months, 6 months, etc

my larger point, that I didn’t articulate well, is that positive cases are popping back up in areas that took all the early precautions.

My point is all the precautions slow spread down (we all know that - never been my stance/argument)

But it is going to come back. We also know that from the nations who went thru this before us.

Im going to begin sipping some bourbon and prop feet up. I enjoy conversations (that dont turn nasty and personal and political)

My wishes for as fast as possible return comes with drawbacks, no doubt. But like I said - if you’re going to get sick from being exposed tomorrow, then you are going to get sick from getting exposed in 3 months, 6 months, etc

What you are missing here is that the “popping up” is like 50 cases/day in the entire country of South Korea. Florida, by itself, reported 3000+ new cases yesterday.

The math is eluding you here and I think if you took a step back and looked at the graphs honestly, you would come to a different conclusion.

Nah man I am good. There is not much that will change anti trumpers or trump supporters. He could cure cancer and you and most liberals will still hate him and vote for Biden. It is what it is.
I am reluctantly voting for Biden unless there is a 3rd party candidate. I’m not a “liberal.” Do you really want 4 more years of this? The reality tv star didn’t work out. I know thats shocking.

Don’t get your feelings hurt. You tried to imply that I’m riding around with a face mask on and the windows rolled up because I Said something critical about Trump.

As soon as he said he refused to wear a mask, all of his sheep started doing the same thing. He told reporters he wouldn’t give them the satisfaction of seeing him in a mask when he was caught wearing one out of their view. So he is making it symbolic. Not me.

I don’t know about everyone else but it’s my personal choice. I don’t care what any politician or actor says about it. If they want to wear one that’s great but if not I don’t care.
your friend is a doctor who has never worn a medical mask? Sounds like a great doctor, does he work out of the back of a van?

In public

Put me in the group that would rather get sick 6 months from now than tomorrow. We will know much more in 6 months about the virus and how to treat it.

No one wants to shut the economy down but social distancing, wearing a mask and washing hands seems like pretty simple efforts to save lives of fellow Americans, and perhaps someone in your own family. For some reason, those are things that I rarely see happening. An explosion in the number of cases is not going to help the economy; it is going to force those that are compromised or 65+ to stay at home and stop spending $.

People seem to be leaning on “American Pride” as a crutch for doing whatever the f*%$ they want, when it should be doing what keeps ourselves and neighbors safe and healthy so that we can all practice our freedoms.

I don’t know about everyone else but it’s my personal choice. I don’t care what any politician or actor says about it. If they want to wear one that’s great but if not I don’t care.

In public
That’s great man. Thanks for sharing.

I just saw you post above that it’s mostly liberals and hippies who wear them. That statement nullifies what you are saying in this post. It’s definitely a political thing for you. You have been manipulated into not wearing a mask and you don’t even know it. Sad.

Last edited:
Bankrupt South Carolina and you're not going to have a state. We've got to hunker down and push through this. Name me a business that was ever designed for zero revenue.

The pandemic is serious, people should take it seriously, but there have already been enough businesses in this country torched and destroyed this spring. This state, this country, cannot absorb a prolonged economic stoppage. That's just fact.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but we've got to do it.

I agree with a caveat. @Cris_Ard, we have been at Fripp since 6/13. Majority of people in Beaufort, Lady's Island, etc. with no masks and lined up chest to back at local restaurants.

Moving forward while following CDC guidelines is not that difficult.

Must be people from OH-10:)

How are things at the Grand Strand?

I agree with a caveat. @Cris_Ard, we have been at Fripp since 6/13. Majority of people in Beaufort, Lady's Island, etc. with no masks and lined up chest to back at local restaurants.

Moving forward while following CDC guidelines is not that difficult.

Must be people from OH-10:)

How are things at the Grand Strand?
Noted.

Great. Just got in the door from Calabash, NC. Went to Ella's this evening. My wife and son were on the beach yesterday and it was packed. They're going to be back on the beach sometime Sunday.

There are risks, to be sure. I'm merely saying the risks are greater if we undergo a second economic stoppage or a prolonged economic stoppage.

I got word from a US Representative from SC that he is "100% sure another mandatory SC lockdown is coming soon"

What would this mean for sports in the Fall?

Why cant people just wear their masks? Cases are going way down in states hit hard and way up in states that were not. Seems some people are taking it serious while we are not

Start with not rioting. Then we’ll worry about football. Until then don’t bring the insincere posturing about Orderly gatherings with structure, like say school, work, ballgames etc.

Insurrection continues and is encouraged without pause, with no concern for Covid.

if you can protest orderly with prudence, by all means do. Brutality of authorities deserves to be protested. Eisenhower was president the last time those cesspits of discrimination saw anything but one party rule of “democrats”. Philly, DC, Chicago, Detroit... But holding orderly life of prudent people hostage is insincere crap.

That’s great man. Thanks for sharing.

I just saw you post above that it’s mostly liberals and hippies who wear them. That statement nullifies what you are saying in this post. It’s definitely a political thing for you. You have been manipulated into not wearing a mask and you don’t even know it. Sad.

No, my point was simply an observation. I will not wear a mask no matter who wears one, I promise you that.

slowing exposure is not “quickest”. Just makes it hide for a short time.
Scientifically only way the virus “disappears” is herd immunity or vaccine

we wont agree.....it is fine

S Korea wore masks, and has been upheld as the “leader” in what to do. Now they have more infections again

will be same way here. Have rules then relax......have good exposure numbers, then relapse again. Gonna be a cycle over and over until immunity or vaccine. Watch what happens this fall/winter

we can post round and round all night

You are assuming a lasting herd immunity and a lasting vaccine generated immunity, neither of which is KNOWN to exist. You are making a wishful assumption like Trump’s magically disappearing belief.

I hope you are both right, but there is no evidence that either are true.

You are assuming a lasting herd immunity and a lasting vaccine generated immunity, neither of which is KNOWN to exist. You are making a wishful assumption like Trump’s magically disappearing belief.

I hope you are both right, but there is no evidence that either are true.

well, so far there haven’t been people re-infected. So yes, assuming that is case. As well as going off historical actions of the other novel viruses throughout history.

That is why (history) I say a vaccine wont come soon, if at all

Reactions: fatpiggy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT